PDA

View Full Version : Re- Hire Richard Williams - How old is he?

cheewgumm
01-10-2018, 08:32 PM
I'm being serious.

BuckyIsAB****
01-10-2018, 08:35 PM
Kermit Davis.

He'd take it yesterday

civildawg
01-10-2018, 08:39 PM
I agree. I cant take this anymore

TUSK
01-10-2018, 08:43 PM
somebody give me a (very brief) synopsis on why Howland went from "great" to "crappy" so fast...

BuckyIsAB****
01-10-2018, 08:44 PM
somebody give me a (very brief) synopsis on why Howland went from "great" to "crappy" so fast...

He got old and he is still in traumatic shock after being canned at UCLA.

DogsofAnarchy
01-10-2018, 08:46 PM
Ben Howland hasn’t had time to turn around the train wreck known as Rick Ray. Richard Williams has 2 years where we were 7-21 8-21, so dont go there.

RougeDawg
01-10-2018, 08:46 PM

AAU game babying and pandering to these prima donnas.

louisvilledawg
01-11-2018, 09:39 AM

We have 6-7 top 120 players on our roster and we can't make it a game with Florida. There's no development. I haven't seen anybody get better (Holman in OOC, in conference he hasn't done anything.)

Just don't understand how he have supposed great talent and can't shoot 3s or FTs. I think team is reflection of HC and we're just not there.

I think Florida made more threes made last night than we've made in the last 4-5 games haha.

BayouDawg
01-11-2018, 02:08 PM
I?m trying to be patient with Howland. It is just so difficult to watch us play. We never have a game plan on offense. We just dribble around the perimeter for 30 seconds and throw up a brick. Our shooters have regressed and our free throw shooting is JV level. We?ve got some athletes but it looks like 5 random guys met outside the gym and assembled a pick up team. That?s how unorganized we look. I don?t know what the answer is.

HoopsDawg
01-11-2018, 02:25 PM
We have 6-7 top 120 players on our roster and we can't make it a game with Florida. There's no development. I haven't seen anybody get better (Holman in OOC, in conference he hasn't done anything.)

Just don't understand how he have supposed great talent and can't shoot 3s or FTs. I think team is reflection of HC and we're just not there.

I think Florida made more threes made last night than we've made in the last 4-5 games haha.

Howland's 3 highest rated recruits have all transferred: Newman, Keglar, and Herard. Then you have Nick Spoon who is a true freshman.

As IYOK has pointed out, there is a huge difference between Top 120 in football and Top 120 in basketball.

The biggest problem Howland has is our team can't make a jump shot. His biggest coaching error is not letting 5 guys play together long enough to form some on-court chemistry. His 3rd biggest problem is we have a couple of players with some off the court issues. I'm not going to expound on that last part, but you can guess.

HoopsDawg
01-11-2018, 02:26 PM
Hire Richard Williams. I'm being serious.

Only if Stans can be his recruiter.

thf24
Jesus Christ this is getting ridiculous. Howland has made a grand total of two mistakes: 1.) untimely adjustments to our guards shots that at present are doing more harm than good, and 2.) failing to have a consistent inside scoring threat in year 3. I don't care what you think about his coaching or the way his offense "looks." If not for those two mistakes, no one is talking about any of this other nonsense. If we start next year and those two mistakes are still issues, then there will be cause for concern.

Jack Lambert
I?m trying to be patient with Howland. It is just so difficult to watch us play. We never have a game plan on offense. We just dribble around the perimeter for 30 seconds and throw up a brick. Our shooters have regressed and our free throw shooting is JV level. We?ve got some athletes but it looks like 5 random guys met outside the gym and assembled a pick up team. That?s how unorganized we look. I don?t know what the answer is.

I am being patient as well but the Rick Ray shit show is making the time table really short. I am sorry but no one can convince me things are better now then they were with Stands. Actually things were better then. I hope it turns around fast.

Political Hack
01-11-2018, 02:28 PM
Hoops drilled it. We can?t shoot. We can?t score. We?re easy to defend in the half court sets. We need to go find a prolific scorer. Q is a complement. He?s a great one, but he?s Scottie Pippen. He?s not MJ.

Fader21
01-11-2018, 02:31 PM
I wish we had pieces like 02

Bowers
Zimmerman
Harper
Austin
Fraizer
Vincent

HoopsDawg
01-11-2018, 03:08 PM
We are 329th in the country in 3 point shooting.

pilldawg
01-11-2018, 03:59 PM
Kermit Davis.

He'd take it yesterday

Richard Williams didn?t do any better in his 1st 3 years and really only had 3 good seasons. You know who else didn?t do any better in their first 3 seasons. Bruce Pearl didn?t and he now has Auburn on the right track in year 4. Frank Martin also got South Carolina to the Final 4 in year 4. Howland had a big rebuild because he inherited a senior laden team. We will be fine, it?s just going to take longer than we all want.

Dawg61
01-11-2018, 04:28 PM
Man the melt for basketball in unbelievable. We were up ten on Ole Miss with nine minutes left. We win that game we are currently ranked top 25. Think about that for a bit before you go off and fire the best recruiter we have ever had in basketball. Settle the **** down. We had Herard quit and Stapleton get suspended plus some atrocious officiating vs Florida that put us in serious foul trouble down low with already two guys missing. Howland needs to start trusting and playing Datcher and Feazell more minutes. Hoopsdawg he has to give guys minutes or they get butthurt and transfer middle of the season like Herard. Your 8 man rotation doesn't happen till tournament time.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-12-2018, 12:13 PM
Man the melt for basketball in unbelievable. We were up ten on Ole Miss with nine minutes left. We win that game we are currently ranked top 25. Think about that for a bit before you go off and fire the best recruiter we have ever had in basketball. Settle the **** down. We had Herard quit and Stapleton get suspended plus some atrocious officiating vs Florida that put us in serious foul trouble down low with already two guys missing. Howland needs to start trusting and playing Datcher and Feazell more minutes. Hoopsdawg he has to give guys minutes or they get butthurt and transfer middle of the season like Herard. Your 8 man rotation doesn't happen till tournament time.

I wouln't exactly say "we had Herard quit".......

confucius say
01-12-2018, 12:32 PM
You think the melt is bad now, wait until march when western ky and stands are dancing.

Dawg61
01-12-2018, 01:06 PM
You think the melt is bad now, wait until march when western ky and stands are dancing.

Stands will get knocked out by Kermit before securing the auto bid.

HoopsDawg
01-12-2018, 01:56 PM

Who has recruited better, us or UK? Then why did UK only play 7 in their last game? Why does Kansas only play 7.

Keglar was 2nd on our team in minutes and he transferred anyway.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-12-2018, 02:15 PM
Who has recruited better, us or UK? Then why did UK only play 7 in their last game? Why does Kansas only play 7.

Keglar was 2nd on our team in minutes and he transferred anyway.

The reason for the Kegler and Newman transfers was two words. Omhar Carter. We are done with him now.

Political Hack
01-12-2018, 02:23 PM
We are 329th in the country in 3 point shooting.

Ouch.

sandwolf
01-12-2018, 02:57 PM
Omhar Carter.

Who is that? One of those AAU pimps?

Dawg61
01-12-2018, 02:57 PM

Of those 7 for both those teams probably at least 4 will get drafted. Howland gets us 4 NBA players outta our first 7 you can have your mini-team. Till then we have to develop all our players not just the starters. You don't develop players by not playing them ever.

drunkernhelldawg
01-12-2018, 03:06 PM
Falling to Ole Miss at the end was the big hurt. We can overcome it. I like the direction we're headed in as we are finally competitive. I refuse to go back to the past. Glory days are great, but today is happening.

starkvegasdawg
01-12-2018, 03:35 PM
If my aunt has balls then she would be my uncle. I?m getting tired of the excuses. What chaps me the most are fundamentals. Can?t hit a FT if our life delenses on it and all we shoot on offense are three pointers and it?s alrready been shown how inept we are at that.

Political Hack
01-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Falling to Ole Miss at the end was the big hurt. We can overcome it. I like the direction we're headed in as we are finally competitive. I refuse to go back to the past. Glory days are great, but today is happening.

MSU coaches should’ve learned one thing from Mullen, if you beat Ole Miss you’ll be ok. If you don’t, the fans will want you gone. AK owns Howland. That has to stop now. If it doesn’t, we’ll be in the market for a new coach soon.

HoopsDawg
01-12-2018, 03:39 PM
Of those 7 for both those teams probably at least 4 will get drafted. Howland gets us 4 NBA players outta our first 7 you can have your mini-team. Till then we have to develop all our players not just the starters. You don't develop players by not playing them ever.

Yeah, you just don't get it. But then again, you want nick singleton to get more minutes.

Bothrops
01-12-2018, 04:21 PM
I'm being serious.

These players are overrated for one thing. This needs to be addressed with the ranking services.

The biggest problem in Men's college basketball is the officiating. It has ruined the game, period.

I guess Howland had top 50 talent at UCLA. We d9nt have anything close to that, apparently.

This level of the sport is in really bad shape.

ETA -Richard Williams should be on the coaching staff. I do believe he would help us. Let Howland recruit 'em and Richard coach 'em.

drunkernhelldawg
01-12-2018, 04:26 PM
Stands will get knocked out by Kermit before securing the auto bid.

We'll see. Maybe he can coach.

Bully13
01-12-2018, 04:34 PM
These players are overrated for one thing. This needs to be addressed with the ranking services.

The biggest problem in Men's college basketball is the officiating. It has ruined the game, period.

I guess Howland had top 50 talent at UCLA. We d9nt have anything close to that, apparently.

This level of the sport is in really bad shape.

ETA -Richard Williams should be on the coaching staff. I do believe he would help us. Let Howland recruit 'em and Richard coach 'em.

tons of shit wrong with your post. tons.

MCsMGs
01-12-2018, 04:47 PM
I am being patient as well but the Rick Ray shit show is making the time table really short. I am sorry but no one can convince me things are better now then they were with Stands. Actually things were better then. I hope it turns around fast.

Gotta disagree with this BIG TIME! Stans left our program as a dumpster ablaze. Howland hasn't had 12 years to make a fair comparison...comparing the two at this point is nonsensical.

It is fair to say that Howland has not had the success that Stans had over his whole career at MSU as long as you put a big "yet" at the end of that statement.

drunkernhelldawg
01-12-2018, 04:52 PM
Gotta disagree with this BIG TIME! Stans left our program as a dumpster ablaze. Howland hasn't had 12 years to make a fair comparison...comparing the two at this point is nonsensical.

It is fair to say that Howland has not had the success that Stans had over his whole career at MSU as long as you put a big "yet" at the end of that statement.

For the record, Stans had a winning record vs. every team in the SECW and most teams in the SECE. It's just a fact.

thf24
01-12-2018, 05:09 PM
For the record, Stans had a winning record vs. every team in the SECW and most teams in the SECE. It's just a fact.

About half the SEC in any given year was dogshit throughout Stansbury's tenure. Not so much anymore.

I_Spy
01-12-2018, 05:17 PM
Now weeeeeee Are the dogshit

confucius say
01-12-2018, 05:19 PM
About half the SEC in any given year was dogshit throughout Stansbury's tenure. Not so much anymore.

The league sucked howlands first two years. This year is to be determined.

Bully13
01-12-2018, 05:26 PM
we are the total joke / suck of SEC men's hoops. Howland sucks and so do our players. the sooner we realize that, the better.

thf24
01-12-2018, 05:30 PM
The league sucked howlands first two years. This year is to be determined.

It wasn't great Howland's first two years but it's become more consistent. Throughout the 2000's, almost every team was either a tournament team or one those teams should beat. Over the past 5-6 years, the ceiling has dropped but the floor has come up too. There are more teams the top has to watch out for, particularly on the road.

MCsMGs
01-12-2018, 06:12 PM

A fact? Maybe.... But that has nothing to do with my point.

Dawg61
01-12-2018, 08:29 PM
Yeah, you just don't get it. But then again, you want nick singleton to get more minutes.

No I get it. You think a 7 man rotation is the cure to all ills. You have been berating the board with it for years now. How could I not get it by now? We all get it by now. You only want 7 dudes to play. Ever. You've told us 4,000 times. It's the equivalent of Will James talking about not bunting in baseball. You need a nickname. And why exactly shouldn't Singleton get more minutes? He's shooting 70%. That not good enough to warrant more minutes yet or does it take 100% accuracy? He's a 6'6 shooting guard that is a good athlete. His size is great, he's athletic and he shoots way better than anyone else right now. Seems pretty stupid to not give him more minutes.

Bothrops
01-12-2018, 11:59 PM
tons of shit wrong with your post. tons.

Go on...

Leeshouldveflanked
01-13-2018, 09:57 AM
To me it appears 1. Howland is too nice, he needs to be more of a hard ass. 2. His assistant coaches are not X and O guys. 3. His team has no leader, Q is not a leader..... His brother may be before it is over.

Dawg61
01-13-2018, 10:26 AM
To me it appears 1. Howland is too nice, he needs to be more of a hard ass. 2. His assistant coaches are not X and O guys. 3. His team has no leader, Q is not a leader..... His brother may be before it is over.

Agree with all of this especially #1

Dawgology
01-13-2018, 12:40 PM
I just don’t understand how every...single...player...we sign can go from scoring prolifically in high school to forgetting how to shoot in college. I know the competition is greater but shit we are missing open look jump shots. If it was just a couple guys but it’s all of them. That’s not normal. Especially to see regression from year one to year two.

Bully13
01-13-2018, 12:49 PM
we suck. our coach sucks and so do our players. we suck.

AROB44
01-13-2018, 04:32 PM
we suck. our coach sucks and so do our players. we suck.

And fans....