PDA

View Full Version : Damien Harris Not Going Pro. Odd

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2018, 05:20 PM
Bo Scarbrough is turning pro, but after two straight 1,000 yard seasons Damien Harris is coming back to Bama.

My question is: why & how does Bama do this?

Harris has already won a natty, rushed for 1,000 yards twice, & may actually get beat out next year by Najee Harris.

What does he have to gain by returning to Bama?

I know if he were an MSU running back, there would be no chance he would return to school & we'd have some of our fans calling him an idiot for doing so.

According to Walter Football, Harris as the #6 ranked RB in the draft, which means he would've likely been a top 3 round pick.

Seems odd to me.

Any thoughts?

DogsofAnarchy
01-10-2018, 05:30 PM
He stays, gets featured more, moves to the 1st round and signs a guaranteed contract. It’s the smart move...Damien was always smarter...

msstate7
01-10-2018, 05:30 PM
My guess is he thinks he can improve his stock. I would think Chubb and Michel improved theirs by coming back

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2018, 05:33 PM
My guess is he thinks he can improve his stock. I would think Chubb and Michel improved theirs by coming back

Chubb had been hurt though. Michel I'm not sure about.

Just seems odd that a Bama RB could improve his stock after back to back 1,000 yard years.

Is next year's RB class lighter? So maybe he moves up in the draft by default?

I'm trying to think of who the best RBs will be next year?

Tbonewannabe
01-10-2018, 05:33 PM

Chubb had no choice. No one was drafting a one legged RB.

msstate7
01-10-2018, 05:43 PM
You guys realize Chubb rushed for 1130 yards last season and played in every game including 142 yards in the bowl?

NCDawg
01-10-2018, 05:53 PM
Chubb had no choice. No one was drafting a one legged RB.

He looked pretty good running over us when we played them. Maybe he got hurt since then, I don't know.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-10-2018, 06:34 PM
RB's are the least valued and most short lived position in the NFL... if you are not a first round pick...your income potential is not that great as very few make it to the 2nd contract.