PDA

View Full Version : Manieri is pure assh0le

The Federalist Engineer
01-10-2018, 11:13 AM
I guess it?s easy for a Mississippi State fan to dislike Manieri, but this guy is just classless and slimy. So, a kid does not want to play for him, he trashes the kid in a state newspaper. Our ?processed? players don?t make the State paper with unflattering commentary, they just move on and appear elsewhere.

The player in question is a Mason Doolittle, PG 10 rated Freshman cather, with a big physique 6-4, 220. You would think this type of dude can be developed into a beast, Spanberger or Rooker beast by at-least his Junior year. Maybe he was an old Cannizarro recruit and he can wear maroon instead of yellow.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_a25d9390-f48a-11e7-a70b-c73e36eb0107.html

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-10-2018, 11:19 AM
I guess it?s easy for a Mississippi State fan to dislike Manieri, but this guy is just classless and slimy. So, a kid does not want to play for him, he trashes the kid in a state newspaper. Our ?processed? players don?t make the State paper with unflattering commentary, they just move on and appear elsewhere.

The player in question is a Mason Doolittle, PG 10 rated Freshman cather, with a big physique 6-4, 220. You would think this type of dude can be developed into a beast, Spanberger or Rooker beast by at-least his Junior year. Maybe he was an old Cannizarro recruit and he can wear maroon instead of yellow.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_a25d9390-f48a-11e7-a70b-c73e36eb0107.html

I guess I am missing where he "trashed" the kid?

Jacksondevildog
01-10-2018, 11:23 AM
He trashed the kid by the way he named all of the other players that would play over him and how he wouldn't play. That's pretty obvious to me.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-10-2018, 11:26 AM
He trashed the kid by the way he named all of the other players that would play over him and how he wouldn't play. That's pretty obvious to me.

If they are better than what is the problem? Isn't that what depth charts do? So he is being an asshole for giving the depth chart?

Big4Dawg
01-10-2018, 11:26 AM
I guess I am missing where he "trashed" the kid?

"Hunter Feduccia clearly won the starting job this fall and will be one of our best players." and "With Nick Coomes returning to action this spring after recovering from hip surgery, and the development of Braden Doughty, who had a terrific fall, there wasn't going to be much playing time for Doolittle."

Find another quote from any coach that says this. When Herard transferred, you did see Howland say "Ado clearly won the starting job. And with Datcher and Feazell playing, there are not minutes for him."

No - you just see the coach say how he thinks the player is a great person and wish him luck.

justwin
01-10-2018, 11:29 AM
He owns cann thus far, though. 5-0. Got to beat the man to be the man, get his croots, etc

AlSwearengen
01-10-2018, 11:56 AM
MStatebaseball or whatever his name is on facebook posted yesterday that 2 highly rated freshmen had left the LSU team and he wouldn’t be surprised to see them at State after a year at juco because of a likely relationship with Cann.

I’m sure this kid is one that he was talking about. And yeah, Manieri probably shouldn’t go into details but he is thin skinned and has to keep their fans as calm as possible and make it sound like no big loss.

RougeDawg
01-10-2018, 12:00 PM
Manure-I has Ron Polk little man syndrome. It?s right up there with OM delusion on the list of incurable diseases.

shoeless joe
01-10-2018, 12:02 PM
Maneiri is a bitch

drunkernhelldawg
01-10-2018, 12:09 PM
In a way, he was probably trying to protect the kid from blame for leaving. Regardless, no coach who is vindictive toward players should have a job at an educational institution. But I don't see this as that.

iPat09
01-10-2018, 12:14 PM
poutingManeiri.gif

LC Dawg
01-10-2018, 12:15 PM
I don't know if I would classify it as trashing but all he needed to say was that he wished Doolittle luck in his future and leave it at that. I do wonder if he thinks Doolittle may come to State and this is his way of saying a kid can't make LSU's roster but he can play for us. That would be something a little bitch would do and we all know Mainieri is a little bitch. You've got to believe beating LSU is high on Cann's list.

thf24
01-10-2018, 12:19 PM
In a way, he was probably trying to protect the kid from blame for leaving. Regardless, no coach who is vindictive toward players should have a job at an educational institution. But I don't see this as that.

I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt if he hadn't shown himself countless times in the past to be more than petty and spiteful enough to intend his statements exactly the way this thread is claiming he did.

Commercecomet24
01-10-2018, 12:33 PM
I can't decide who's the bigger whiner, manieri or o'sullivan. I can't stand either one of them.

mparkerfd20
01-10-2018, 01:07 PM
Manieri is a bitch, but I actually enjoyed this. It's not coach speak, it's the honest to God truth. The kid wasn't going to get much playing time. I prefer that to coachspeak everyday!

msbulldog
01-10-2018, 01:12 PM
He owns cann thus far, though. 5-0. Got to beat the man to be the man, get his croots, etc

We'll beat the squeaky little $hit.

bulldogcountry1
01-10-2018, 01:37 PM
He could have handled it better by just saying that the competition was deep at catcher, but he really didn't say anything negative about the guy. He merely complemented the other guys.

It looks like he left on his own, anyway, if they have 33 roster players left. If the guy leaves on his own after only fall practice, then he's either afraid of competition or doesn't want to play for a d-bag.

But I completely agree with the thread title.

HereComesTheSpiral
01-10-2018, 02:11 PM
http://i.giphy.com/g92PR2fvnj0OI.gif
poutingManeiri.gif

confucius say
01-10-2018, 03:41 PM
Maneiri is a bitch

/thread

The Federalist Engineer
01-10-2018, 07:02 PM
http://i.giphy.com/g92PR2fvnj0OI.gif

Is that Kim Jong-Un pounding the dugout - on the right- I guess North Koreans support the tigers