View Full Version : Just got back from watching UNC-BC basketball

Irondawg
01-09-2018, 11:36 PM
So first, if anyone cares, Garrison Brooks would not have helped us this year. He might have been slightly better than Herard but I?m not ever sure of that.

UNC is not incredibly talented. I?m not sure if any of them have a NBA career. But they have a lot of seniors getting PT and they work hard on defense and play really smart on offense. They ran their offense really well tonight and this took almost no forced or ?poor? shots.

The huge difference between them and a team like MSU is simply being efficient of offense. They play with intent and purpose on that end and all the passes are quick and crisp. Their shooters also do a great job of squaring up and have nice releases.

BC looks a bit like us when Peters plays well. Totally guard dependent but their guys can shoot it and that covers the face that they are deficient almost everywhere else. It may have been an overall odd night for them but I?d say overall we are more talented than they are. And they beat Duke somehow.

For us to get anywhere we have to become better in our offensive sets and have guys work harder off the ball and with passes. And we need someone to step up and control tempo and sets as the pg.

I won?t beat a dead horse about the shooting too much but we have a lot of technical work to do there too.

Dean Dome was a nice place. Probably 15-17k in attendance. Got loud a few times but wasn?t a better atmosphere than the Hump in its heyday against normal SEC opponents