PDA

View Full Version : OK Coach

parabrave
01-09-2018, 12:39 PM
If you're Saban what do you do with M Brown. Bama #48, this week.

1. Kick him off the team.
2. Suspend him
3. Bull in the ring him till he pukes.

Remember, he punches an opposing player then goes off on a coach on the sidelines.

Jack Lambert
01-09-2018, 12:42 PM
Hell he made the tackle on the very next Bama kick off. Apparently it doesn't matter to Saban.

Commercecomet24
01-09-2018, 12:42 PM
Hell he made the tackle on the very next Bama kick off. Apparently it doesn't matter to Saban.

This. Saban don't care as long as you can play and help him win.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 12:47 PM
Has he had any discipline problems before last night? If yes- I send him packing

If no- I talk to the coach he had the problem with and ask what happened. I see what the coach wants done. If the coach wants him gone- I send him packing. If not- I bring him in and explain how the behavior will not be tolerated in our program. He better be damn glad his teammates grabbed him and saved his college career. Then I explain to him how he will wake up at 5am and meet one of the asst strength coaches for extra work for the next 21 days if he wants to remain in the program.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 12:48 PM

Saban had no idea what happened

Commercecomet24
01-09-2018, 12:53 PM
Has he had any discipline problems before last night? If yes- I send him packing

If no- I talk to the coach he had the problem with and ask what happened. I see what the coach wants done. If the coach wants him gone- I send him packing. If not- I bring him in and explain how the behavior will not be tolerated in our program. He better be damn glad his teammates grabbed him and saved his college career. Then I explain to him how he will wake up at 5am and meet one of the asst strength coaches for extra work for the next 21 days if he wants to remain in the program.

An excellent way to handle it.

FISHDAWG
01-09-2018, 01:09 PM
If you're Saban what do you do with M Brown. Bama #48, this week.

1. Kick him off the team.
2. Suspend him
3. Bull in the ring him till he pukes.

Remember, he punches an opposing player then goes off on a coach on the sidelines.

Wonder how many here know what bull in the ring is

parabrave
01-09-2018, 01:16 PM

Old School buddy. Played HS back in the 70's. Had a coach who was a 5ft 7in linebacker for MC. Called him Booger Red. Mean bastard. I wouldn't have graduated some of the army's hardest schools and unit if it wasn't for him. Yes I ran till I puked but was ingrained in me to never quit/

BrunswickDawg
01-09-2018, 01:19 PM

I'll give guys a little bit of a benefit of the doubt when it comes to crazy emotions in games. The head slap was something that happens all the time. The guy was too keyed up - but we don't know what triggered the emotion on the sideline. The coach could have easily called him a dumb MF'er and an already keyed up kid let the emotions get the better of him. Shit happens - and it happens in all programs. I'm one of the more docile people you will ever meet, but people who saw me on the baseball field know I can be a very different person in game and be an over aggressive, in your face ass on the diamond. If you were a middle infielder, you better hope you didn't piss me off because I would come at you spikes flying on a play at 2B.

BulldogDX55
01-09-2018, 01:40 PM

Graduated high school in 2005. We did it weekly.

BB30
01-09-2018, 01:43 PM
Good topic of discussion for any sport. It is one thing to get after it, it is another to let your emotions get in the way of your play/disrespect your coach. I don't give a damn how pissed off you are you don't jump your coach like that. That shows a lack of maturity and a lack of an ability to control your emotions both look bad to scouts primarily speaking from a baseball point of view but I would think the same applies in football.

Several guys I played with were more than talented enough to play at the next level but their hot headedness kept them from getting a shot as it would ultimately effect their play for the rest of the game. I have always been of the opinion that I want an even keeled team that never gets too up or too down, they play the same every single time they touch the diamond, field etc.

thf24
01-09-2018, 01:44 PM

I did it a few times as a 5th grader in 2000, think it was banned in my district the next year.

preachermatt83
01-09-2018, 01:45 PM

100 percent agree!!

GoDawgz
01-09-2018, 01:45 PM
We had it when I played, but it was called "Roll Call"......under Tommy Lucas. Brutal!

On the other note, if 48 acted like that last night.....it wasnt the first time I can almost bet you! Dude went after a coach, if he was on my team-he gone!

Commercecomet24
01-09-2018, 01:47 PM

Know it well, but i'm old. Do they still allow that in todays kinder,gentler environment?

parabrave
01-09-2018, 01:54 PM
Know it well, but i'm old. Do they still allow that in todays kinder,gentler environment?

Been banned for years.

Commercecomet24
01-09-2018, 01:56 PM
Been banned for years.

Figures lol

BuckyIsAB****
01-09-2018, 08:33 PM
We had it when I played, but it was called "Roll Call"......under Tommy Lucas. Brutal!

On the other note, if 48 acted like that last night.....it wasnt the first time I can almost bet you! Dude went after a coach, if he was on my team-he gone!

Are you a Taylorsville Tartar????

bulldawg28
01-09-2018, 09:05 PM
Been banned for years.

Good, it was a stupid drill. Purposely setting someone up to be injured is terrible.

Apoplectic
01-09-2018, 09:08 PM
Striking a coach? His ass is gone!

Coach34
01-09-2018, 09:10 PM
Striking a coach? His ass is gone!

he didnt strike a coach- he was restrained before it happened

Apoplectic
01-09-2018, 09:12 PM

Is there a difference?

Coach34
01-09-2018, 09:15 PM
Is there a difference?

Well, let me punch in you the face...then let a couple of people grab me right before I punch you in the face and we'll let you decide if there is a difference

Todd4State
01-09-2018, 09:30 PM
Here's the thing- unless you're on the sideline there are a lot of asumptions being made about this guy and this incident.

Was he definitely going after the Bama coach or was he yelling at the Georgia players? Because to me it honestly looked like he was about to go after the Georgia players than it was going after a coach.

This guy was a special teams player so I'm pretty sure there isn't a lot of incentive for Saban to keep him around if he did go after a coach- but that's not how I saw it.

Jack Lambert

I just watched it and I think he did hit the coach on the chest. Now he was being pulled back and it wasn't a clean hit. However I think just the act warrants him being removed from the team. Do that out on the street and your ass goes to jail but since he plays football for Saban he would get a get out of jail free card and makes the next kick off tackle.

By the way what was he so pissed off about? Looked like some words passed. He must be a hot head.

Todd4State
Well, let me punch in you the face...then let a couple of people grab me right before I punch you in the face and we'll let you decide if there is a difference

LOL!

Todd4State
01-09-2018, 09:32 PM
I just watched it and I think he did hit the coach on the chest. Now he was being pulled back and it wasn't a clean hit. However I think just the act warrants him being removed from the team. Do that in public and your ass goes to jail.

Athletes do a lot of stuff during a game that you can't do in public without getting arrested. Like throw a baseball at someone. Or hockey fights.

A guy for Georgia got in his head and he lost his cool. Big deal.

Commercecomet24
01-09-2018, 09:35 PM
I just watched it and I think he did hit the coach on the chest. Now he was being pulled back and it wasn't a clean hit. However I think just the act warrants him being removed from the team. Do that out on the street and your ass goes to jail but since he plays football for Saban he would get a get out of jail free card and makes the next kick off tackle.

By the way what was he so pissed off about? Looked like some words passed. He must be a hot head.

Yeah he definitely made contact with the coach. It wasn?t hard but he did put a hand on the coach. I think he?s fortunate the player between him and the coach grabbed him before he made hard contact with the coach.

Jack Lambert
01-09-2018, 09:56 PM
Athletes do a lot of stuff during a game that you can't do in public without getting arrested. Like throw a baseball at someone. Or hockey fights.

A guy for Georgia got in his head and he lost his cool. Big deal.

It doesn't make it right.

MaroonFlounder
01-09-2018, 09:59 PM
Yeah he definitely made contact with the coach. It wasn?t hard but he did put a hand on the coach. I think he?s fortunate the player between him and the coach grabbed him before he made hard contact with the coach.

You know who that player is that intervened?

Keith Holcombe, who was once committed to MSU, but was a Bama legacy. His dad played at Bama. He probably used the offer from us to get a Bama offer. Middle backer that mostly plays special teams at Bama.

Commercecomet24
01-09-2018, 10:01 PM
You know who that player is that intervened?

Keith Holcombe, who was once committed to MSU, but was a Bama legacy. His dad played at Bama. He probably used the offer from us to get a Bama offer. Middle backer that mostly plays special teams at Bama.

Pretty good baseball player too.

Dawg61
01-09-2018, 10:04 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/KfFoW1uXefdEk/giphy.gif

Apoplectic
01-09-2018, 10:09 PM

Really so shooting and missing elicits a different response than shooting and hitting?

Roy Munson
01-09-2018, 10:23 PM
Yeah, one gets you life and one gets you a couple years.

Apoplectic
01-09-2018, 10:40 PM
Yeah, one gets you life and one gets you a couple years.

Not on my team. You take a swing at one of my guys your ass is done I don?t care how many stars you have.

FISHDAWG
01-10-2018, 08:34 AM
Good, it was a stupid drill. Purposely setting someone up to be injured is terrible.

and I know of two guys that were permanently injured because of this - one was my best man and the other was my best friend, although he only lost his front tooth and remained on the team ... my best man had his neck cracked and had to quit football

GoDawgz
01-10-2018, 12:30 PM
Are you a Taylorsville Tartar????

No sir, Mendenhall Tiger!

lawdawg
01-10-2018, 02:12 PM
and I know of two guys that were permanently injured because of this - one was my best man and the other was my best friend, although he only lost his front tooth and remained on the team ... my best man had his neck cracked and had to quit football

I had a junior high football coach that kept a red handkerchief in his back pocket during practice. If he dropped it, every player had to hit someone, and everyone on the practice field was fair game to be hit, regardless of whether they were paying attention. He would drop it without saying a word.

I made sure to always watch the coach. Some kids did not...

drunkernhelldawg
01-10-2018, 02:37 PM
I'll give guys a little bit of a benefit of the doubt when it comes to crazy emotions in games. The head slap was something that happens all the time. The guy was too keyed up - but we don't know what triggered the emotion on the sideline. The coach could have easily called him a dumb MF'er and an already keyed up kid let the emotions get the better of him. Shit happens - and it happens in all programs. I'm one of the more docile people you will ever meet, but people who saw me on the baseball field know I can be a very different person in game and be an over aggressive, in your face ass on the diamond. If you were a middle infielder, you better hope you didn't piss me off because I would come at you spikes flying on a play at 2B.

That's a good point. We fans forget that the players have humanity in addition to their skills. They get blasted every time they are other than perfect. Sure he should have cut left. With one extra eye, he would have seen that too . . .

FISHDAWG
01-10-2018, 03:21 PM
I had a junior high football coach that kept a red handkerchief in his back pocket during practice. If he dropped it, every player had to hit someone, and everyone on the practice field was fair game to be hit, regardless of whether they were paying attention. He would drop it without saying a word.

I made sure to always watch the coach. Some kids did not...

yep ... old school could be a bitch. We had a group of guys called "Stingers" - they were 2nd and 3rd team guys but if you messed up they all jumped on you at the same time punching and kicking ... a lawyers dream but we just thought that was the way football was

Apoplectic
01-15-2018, 08:11 PM
Not on my team. You take a swing at one of my guys your ass is done I don?t care how many stars you have.

He gone!!!