PDA

View Full Version : Another basketball arrest.............

Liverpooldawg
01-09-2018, 12:25 PM
that's three since September I believe. Stapleton for Disturbing the Peace.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-09-2018, 12:32 PM
What does "Disturbing the Peace" entail?

MarketingBully
01-09-2018, 12:48 PM
Actually only two I believe. You are lumping Hill’s arrest with the basketball team.

thf24
01-09-2018, 01:13 PM

Can you make taking 25 foot contested 3's fit the definition of "disturbing the peace?" If so, it's that.

bulldogcountry1
01-09-2018, 01:22 PM

Repeated sound of clanging iron.

whosyourdawgy
He was probably shooting outside and broke some windows with the bricks he shoots!

msbulldog
Actually only two I believe. You are lumping Hill’s arrest with the basketball team.

Nick W. DUI
Eli Wright Unpaid tickets
Stapleton

Lord McBuckethead
01-09-2018, 01:55 PM
In Eli's defense, the on campus parking attendants are asses.

RougeDawg
01-09-2018, 01:56 PM

Do they still have that Don Merlin?s hunchback parking ticket guy on campus? He has ruined a many a students day.

RougeDawg
01-09-2018, 01:58 PM
Wish they would have arrested him early this past Saturday morning. We?d be sitting at 2-0 in conference play and ranked in top 25.

mstatefan91
01-09-2018, 01:59 PM

You can't get arrested for campus parking tickets by parking services. Police tickets are a different matter

biggun
01-09-2018, 02:26 PM
Get rid of him. He is the opposite of a team player, and a mediocre player that we don’t need. Wouldn’t mind another “problem” exiting the team also. So sick of the “I gotta get mine” attitude that at least 2 but prob 3 of our players have. Cancers that will continue to fester until they kill this team.

Grandpa best break out his cane and a can of whoop a** and start kicking some a** before it is too late.

louisvilledawg
01-09-2018, 05:24 PM
Get rid of him. He is the opposite of a team player, and a mediocre player that we don’t need. Wouldn’t mind another “problem” exiting the team also. So sick of the “I gotta get mine” attitude that at least 2 but prob 3 of our players have. Cancers that will continue to fester until they kill this team.

Grandpa best break out his cane and a can of whoop a** and start kicking some a** before it is too late.

Simmer down, grandpa

somebodyshotmypaw
01-09-2018, 06:41 PM
Honest question, and I'll probably get laughed at, but is it too much to ask for someone to go through life and not get arrested? Ever. Why do some of these guys think it is a rite of passage or just normal?

msbulldog
01-09-2018, 06:49 PM
You can't get arrested for campus parking tickets by parking services. Police tickets are a different matter

Nope Campus Police don't have to, they just slap a hold on your records until the tickets are paid. If your records are on hold you don't get your grades and you aren't able to register for your next semester.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 06:55 PM
Well done Liverpool. Taking a page out of the C34 playbook from 10 years ago.

Hey guess what? Stands was still fired and you are sooo lucky we did it when we did. Had he coached another year it would have been even worse on him with that garbage, drug infested team he would have had in 2013. I regret that the administration didn’t go ahead and let him bottom out before cutting him loose

msbulldog
01-09-2018, 07:01 PM
Honest question, and I'll probably get laughed at, but is it too much to ask for someone to go through life and not get arrested? Ever. Why do some of these guys think it is a rite of passage or just normal?

Ain't laughing at you Pa, but when your young, dumb and having fun, sometimes unfortunate things happen! Disturbing the Peace, Ha, if that is the worst that ever happens to Stapleton, he is a model citizen. Hell years ago, I got arrested for disturbing the peace after I got jumped by 3 younger guys in a bar and got the hell beaten out of me! 1 of those guys got charged with the same thing, but I left bleeding and he did not.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-09-2018, 07:11 PM
Ain't laughing at you Pa, but when your young, dumb and having fun, sometimes unfortunate things happen! Disturbing the Peace, Ha, if that is the worst that ever happens to Stapleton, he is a model citizen. Hell years ago, I got arrested for disturbing the peace after I got jumped by 3 younger guys in a bar and got the hell beaten out of me! 1 of those guys got charged with the same thing, but I left bleeding and he did not.

I guess I just wonder how we got to a point where getting arrested makes one a "model citizen"

Liverpooldawg
01-09-2018, 07:12 PM
Well done Liverpool. Taking a page out of the C34 playbook from 10 years ago.

Hey guess what? Stands was still fired and you are sooo lucky we did it when we did. Had he coached another year it would have been even worse on him with that garbage, drug infested team he would have had in 2013. I regret that the administration didn’t go ahead and let him bottom out before cutting him loose

I didn't bring up Stans at all 34. You are the one still obcessed with him it seems. Move on.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 07:17 PM
I didn't bring up Stans at all 34. You are the one still obcessed with him it seems. Move on.

great post. Exactly how I would do it.

Liverpooldawg
01-09-2018, 07:30 PM
great post. Exactly how I would do it.

Just let it go. It was 8 years ago.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 07:34 PM
Just let it go. It was 8 years ago.

Let what go? I see what you are doing in relation to basketball. I'm just applauding your passive trolling

What was 8 years ago? Stands was fired in 2012. This will be our 6th season post-Stands.

BoomBoom
01-09-2018, 07:42 PM
Let what go? I see what you are doing in relation to basketball. I'm just applauding your passive trolling

What was 8 years ago? Stands was fired in 2012. This will be our 6th season post-Stands.

he meant how long since Stands should have been fired, and/or when he took the wrong side.

Liverpooldawg
01-09-2018, 07:43 PM

Whatever man. It must be tough to be right ALL the time.******

msbulldog
01-09-2018, 07:53 PM

Damn, ya'll would be hard to drink a beer with!

Coach34
01-09-2018, 07:54 PM

do your thing- it's great for the board. Keep it going this season.

Commercecomet24
01-09-2018, 07:55 PM
Damn, ya'll would be hard to drink a beer with!

Lol yep, have 34 and liver ever agreed on anything?

Dawg61
01-09-2018, 08:10 PM
Is Disturbing the Peace really getting arrested though or is it being taken to the police station, given a ticket and then free to go. If you're a college kid and you didn't "disturb the peace" at some time in your college life you're not really living right.

Thick
01-09-2018, 08:16 PM
Is Disturbing the Peace really getting arrested though or is it being taken to the police station, given a ticket and then free to go. If you're a college kid and you didn't "disturb the peace" at some time in your college life you're not really living right.

I agree, it’s no big deal. Are some of our posters snowflakes?

BuckyIsAB****
01-09-2018, 08:19 PM
I think most people are so done with mens basketball that they dont care

Dawg61
01-09-2018, 08:21 PM
I agree, it’s no big deal. Are some of our posters snowflakes?

Yes Liverpool is a snowflake. He has a man crush on Stansbury. He even cuts his hair and parts it in the morning in the bathroom just like Bury.

Liverpooldawg
01-09-2018, 10:09 PM
Lol yep, have 34 and liver ever agreed on anything?

We did usually on football till he started his check down Charlie stuff about Dak. We diverged there in football. We have never agreed about basketball and that dates back to other boards and other names. His passive aggressive stuff here is making me laugh.

Liverpooldawg
01-09-2018, 10:10 PM

Story I got was there was a warrant out for him and he turned himself in. He made bail immediately and was out very quickly. If anyone knows what the reason for the warrant was they ain't talking.

Liverpooldawg
01-09-2018, 10:12 PM
Yes Liverpool is a snowflake. He has a man crush on Stansbury. He even cuts his hair and parts it in the morning in the bathroom just like Bury.

Lol, that's rich, I won't go any deeper there because you will ban me again.

Dawg61
01-09-2018, 10:33 PM
Lol, that's rich, I won't go any deeper there because you will ban me again.

Nope you have a Scooba shield. Congrats on that.

Dawg61
01-09-2018, 10:35 PM
Story I got was there was a warrant out for him and he turned himself in. He made bail immediately and was out very quickly. If anyone knows what the reason for the warrant was they ain't talking.

You don't post bail on a disturbing the peace charge. You pay your ticket.

RougeDawg
01-09-2018, 10:45 PM

Probably had a warrant out for his arrest after throwing all of those bricks in Oxford Saturday afternoon.

preachermatt83
01-09-2018, 11:57 PM
I've said it for a year... I've been dogged for saying it, but I will continue to say it... Stapleton adds depth to this team and nothing more. He is just not that good a d he thinks he's a lot better than he is.

MarketingBully
01-10-2018, 12:24 AM
So a DUI that happened in the offseason and has since been dealt with, a failure to pay parking tickets (seriously), and a disturbing the peace ticket is viewed as a systemic problem by Liverpool. These aren’t big issues. Shit as far as I can tell they are all minor issues that have since been dealt with. I’m not concerned.

Todd4State
01-10-2018, 12:28 AM
So a DUI that happened in the offseason and has since been dealt with, a failure to pay parking tickets (seriously), and a disturbing the peace ticket is viewed as a systemic problem by Liverpool. These aren’t big issues. Shit as far as I can tell they are all minor issues that have since been dealt with. I’m not concerned.

That sounds like my spring of 1998.

Lance Harbor
01-10-2018, 08:54 AM
Touche'

That sounds like my spring of 1998.

Liverpooldawg
01-10-2018, 08:55 AM
You don't post bail on a disturbing the peace charge. You pay your ticket.

Story as reported was he made bail.

Dawg61
01-10-2018, 09:28 AM
Story as reported was he made bail.

Why even bring this shit to the board unless you're intentionally trying to shade Howland. Stapleton had been playing his best ball for us recently but struggled to hit vs OM. He's a freak athletically and a good player at times. I like the toughness he adds to the team. It's much needed.

Liverpooldawg
01-10-2018, 09:36 AM
Why even bring this shit to the board unless you're intentionally trying to shade Howland. Stapleton had been playing his best ball for us recently but struggled to hit vs OM. He's a freak athletically and a good player at times. I like the toughness he adds to the team. It's much needed.

It was on every MSU board but this one. I first saw it on one of those. Is this board about to become the new Swan Lake? I’m neither here nor there on Stapleton as a player. He adds a ton of energy but he is so out of control at times. Gary Ervin comes to mind.

whosyourdawgy
01-10-2018, 10:10 AM
Stapleton is good for about 5 minutes off the bench to give energy. He’s best at trying to dunk on everybody. His problem is he thinks he’s a helluva lot better than he is. He thinks he’s Steph Curry behind the 3 pt line but shoots it about like Shaq. He gets the absolute stupidest fouls nearly every game, slapping and reaching for the ball instead of moving his feet, setting awful screens, rebounding, you name it. Then after he’s shot an awful 3 or gotten a dumb foul, Howland will take him out and he acts like a jackass nearly every time, flinging his arms pissed off he’s coming out of the game. He also run his mouth too much and will end up before the seasons over gettin T’d up for it. Bottom line I’m not sure he brings much good to us out on the floor. He has more negatives than positives for sure. My worthless take on him anyway