PDA

View Full Version : Jalen Hurts- slide on over to Starkville, Ms

Coach34
01-09-2018, 12:03 AM
you lost your job and its not coming back. Transfer over and compete for the job at State in 2019

IMissJack
01-09-2018, 12:04 AM
I don't think he is a better passer than what we have. Hard to judge when he has had Ridley and Judy, and ours did not.

msstate7
01-09-2018, 12:04 AM
Saban will not allow that.

IMissJack
01-09-2018, 12:05 AM
Mullen will be calling.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 12:06 AM
I don't think he is a better passer than what we have. Hard to judge when he has had Ridley and Judy, and ours did not.

He is an animal and what is wrong with a QB competition?

RougeDawg
01-09-2018, 12:10 AM
Hurts in not a great QB. Put any QB in at Bama and they'll win 9 a year minimum.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 12:12 AM
Hurts in not a great QB. Put any QB in at Bama and they'll win 9 a year minimum.

who said he is great? He's a good college QB

Dawgface
01-09-2018, 12:17 AM
He ain't coming here. They will find a spot for him.

msstate7
01-09-2018, 12:19 AM
He will go elsewhere, not here, but elsewhere. He is done at bama

Coach34
01-09-2018, 12:20 AM

who is they? He is done at Bama. You dont stay there when Tua is named the starter this Spring

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-09-2018, 12:22 AM
Saban will not allow that.

This. To even want him is ridiculous. We have better options than Hurts right now.

Dawgface
01-09-2018, 12:22 AM
who is they? He is done at Bama. You dont stay there when Tua is named the starter this Spring

AL.

Todd4State
01-09-2018, 12:23 AM
My guesses:

Somewhere in Texas
Florida (Probably not allowed)
Ole Miss (Even less likely to be allowed by Bama)

Todd4State
01-09-2018, 12:24 AM
This. To even want him is ridiculous. We have better options than Hurts right now.

I like Key better. Hurts is a game manager at best. Key can lead and make plays.

RougeDawg
01-09-2018, 12:24 AM

Hurts would be #3 on our depth chart. Fitz and Key are better. Give Fitz Bama's talent and he wins Heisman.

bulldawg28
01-09-2018, 12:25 AM
He's a Dak clone

Todd4State
01-09-2018, 12:27 AM
He's a Dak clone

What? Dak was much better at the same stage of their careers.

Commercecomet24
Hurts would be #3 on our depth chart. Fitz and Key are better. Give Fitz Bama's talent and he wins Heisman.

Agreed.

HancockCountyDog
FAU and Lane will take him.

Lane has been tweeting about him all season.

Coach34

you mf'ers are insane. Hurts is every bit as good as Fitz right now. Hell, Mullen lost out on Hurts to Bama.

Only State fans would say a guy that is 25-2 as a starting QB couldnt play for us. Wow

msstate7
01-09-2018, 12:29 AM
you mf'ers are insane. Hurts is every bit as good as Fitz right now. Hell, Mullen lost out on Hurts to Bama.

Only State fans would say a guy that is 25-2 as a starting QB couldnt play for us. Wow

I would definitely take hurts. It is a moot point though

Coach34
01-09-2018, 12:29 AM
What? Dak was much better at the same stage of their careers.

No- Dak was not as good as Hurts his 2nd year in college. Not really even close. Dak couldnt even play ahead of Tyler Russell. You guys are killing me. Hurts is a much better runner than Dak- its not even close and Dak didnt throw it very well as a R-Fr

msstate7
01-09-2018, 12:31 AM

Lane would get down on a knee and beg. Not sure hurts goes though. I think Texas... urban offense guy that likes a running qb

RougeDawg
01-09-2018, 12:34 AM

Relf would probably be 22-5 as a Bama QB. You give Fitz future NFLer's all around him on offense and an NFL defense that has your back and he may not lose a game in the last two years. Hell if we had Bama's receivers, Fitz's completion percentage would jump 10-15% minimum. Add in those RB's and OLine and Fitz racks up hardware.

RougeDawg
01-09-2018, 12:36 AM
No- Dak was not as good as Hurts his 2nd year in college. Not really even close. Dak couldnt even play ahead of Tyler Russell. You guys are killing me. Hurts is a much better runner than Dak- its not even close and Dak didnt throw it very well as a R-Fr

Dak didn't play because of Don Merlins. Dak was clearly the better QB going into 2013. Not even debatable.

ETA. I have 2013 preseason posts to prove it.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 12:37 AM
Relf would probably be 22-5 as a Bama QB. You give Fitz future NFLer's all around him on offense and an NFL defense that has your back and he may not lose a game in the last two years. Hell if we had Bama's receivers, Fitz's completion percentage would jump 10-15% minimum. Add in those RB's and OLine and Fitz racks up hardware.

Hurts threw 17 TD's to ONE interception this year. Fitz couldnt do that in 7 on 7- much less vs the SEC. I like Fitz and he will probably get drafted. But Jalen Hurts is every bit as good as he is if not better.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 12:38 AM
Dak didn't play because of Don Merlins. Dak was clearly the better QB going into 2013. Not even debatable.

except that Dakota's 2nd year in college was 2012- just as this was Hurts 2nd year in college.

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2018, 12:41 AM

Agree. I do think Key is better than Hurts and Tau though.

Bigger with more accuracy and natural arm stroke than both.

BuckyIsAB****
01-09-2018, 12:42 AM
you lost your job and its not coming back. Transfer over and compete for the job at State in 2019

Wet dream

BuckyIsAB****
01-09-2018, 12:42 AM
Hurts threw 17 TD's to ONE interception this year. Fitz couldnt do that in 7 on 7- much less vs the SEC. I like Fitz and he will probably get drafted. But Jalen Hurts is every bit as good as he is if not better.

If Bama has Fitz Tua never gets in the game tonight

Dawg61
01-09-2018, 12:43 AM

Sure he can play for us. In the 4th quarter after Key has the game well in hand. Fitz will be gone by the time Hurts is eligible. I like Key better than Hurts two years from now.

Quaoarsking
01-09-2018, 12:43 AM
Any chance Jalen could really hit the books between now and August and graduate? If he started in January 2016 and has taken every summer course, seems like it would be a fringe possibility - he always comes across as intelligent in interviews.

That would let him be eligible somewhere in 2018 AND prevent Alabama from restricting where he goes.

msstate7
01-09-2018, 12:45 AM
Any chance Jalen could really hit the books between now and August and graduate? If he started in January 2016 and has taken every summer course, seems like it would be a fringe possibility - he always comes across as intelligent in interviews.

That would let him be eligible somewhere in 2018 AND prevent Alabama from restricting where he goes.

Can a grad transfer play 2 years somewhere? Do not think I have seen that

Coach34
01-09-2018, 12:46 AM

cmon mane- I love Key too but he threw for 125 yards against a Peter Sirmon D on 11/20. He is not as good as either Bama QB TODAY

Coach34
01-09-2018, 12:47 AM

Jake Coker

Quaoarsking
01-09-2018, 12:48 AM

Jake Coker did for Alabama. He left FSU after his redshirt sophomore season (2013) and played 2014 and 2015 for the Tide.

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2018, 12:49 AM
cmon mane- I love Key too but he threw for 125 yards against a Peter Sirmon D on 11/20. He is not as good as either Bama QB TODAY

Coach, I heavily respect your
Opinion but Key’s issue vs Louisville was his WRs, not him.

I am convicted that Key is a more natural passer and QB prospect than Tau

I’ll bet you $100 bucks today that Key is drafted higher. Tau is a more athletic Kellen Moore and pushes the football. Once SEC’s do work on him, things will get tougher

Both Hurts and Tau are better than Fitz, but Key is more talented than both ceiling wise.

Want to bet?

Todd4State
01-09-2018, 12:51 AM

And he was throwing to our smurfs who aren't even in the same league as the WR's that Alabama has.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 12:51 AM

I’ll bet you $100 bucks today that Key is drafted higher.

Both Hurts and Tau are better than Fitz, but Key is more talented than both ceiling wise.

Want to bet?

Key doesnt step in tonight and do what Tua did. Key had his shot in the Egg Bowl and turned the ball over a couple of times and lost- against an OM D. Tua did for the NC against a good Georgia D. Sure- I'll take your $100

msstate7
01-09-2018, 12:52 AM
Jake Coker

Good call

msstate7
Key doesnt step in tonight and do what Tua did. Key had his shot in the Egg Bowl and turned the ball over a couple of times and lost- against an OM D. Tua did for the NC against a good Georgia D. Sure- I'll take your $100

Exactly. Tua is freaking special

BuckyIsAB****

KO

Todd4State
01-09-2018, 12:53 AM

Good call. I didn't think about that.

Gutter Cobreh
01-09-2018, 12:54 AM

I’ll bet you $100 bucks today that Key is drafted higher. Tau is a more athletic Kellen Moore and pushes the football. Once SEC’s do work on him, things will get tougher

Want to bet?

Have you lost your ever loving mind? Did you watch the same NC game that I did?

Tau throws as pretty of a pass that you'll ever see. Did you see what he just did on the biggest stage versus what Key did in the Egg Bowl? I'm not down on Key, but you're WAAAYYY off on this one!

You'd squelch on the bet if Coach took you up on it anyway, so it's all a mute point.

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2018, 12:55 AM

I disagree. I think Key does every bit of what Tau did tonight.

I think Bama was prepared to play Tau, while I don't think Mullen was prepared to play Key. That alone is the difference IMO.

Key is bigger, steps up into the pocket better, & has a more natural arm stroke than Tau.

You're on. $100 bet that Key gets drafted higher than Tau as a QB. If I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat crow.

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2018, 12:56 AM
Have you lost your ever loving mind? Did you watch the same NC game that I did?

Tau throws as pretty of a pass that you'll ever see. Did you see what he just did on the biggest stage versus what Key did in the Egg Bowl? I'm not down on Key, but you're WAAAYYY off on this one!

You'd squelch on the bet if Coach took you up on it anyway, so it's all a mute point.

Tau pushes the football. He in absolutely no way throws the ball like an NFL QB.

His 2nd TD pass was thrown to another guy & Ridley cut in front & his last one was to a wide open guy.

Key is more talented at the ingredients that make NFL QBs successful.

Do you want to bet as well?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-09-2018, 12:57 AM
My guesses:

Somewhere in Texas
Florida (Probably not allowed)
Ole Miss (Even less likely to be allowed by Bama)

my guess. Florida Atlantic

bluelightstar
01-09-2018, 12:58 AM
This is insanity. First, Fitz would not be as good as Jalen at Alabama. Second,Jalen has issues but one of them is that Saban brought in an NFL OC to deal with him. With a Mullen, Jalen would be putting up stupid numbers (like he did with Kiffin!).

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-09-2018, 12:58 AM

WHO THE HELL CARES??? HE AINT COMING HERE!!!!

Coach34
01-09-2018, 01:00 AM

I think Bama was prepared to play Tau, while I don't think Mullen was prepared to play Key. That alone is the difference IMO.

Key is bigger, steps up into the pocket better, & has a more natural arm stroke than Tau.

You're on. $100 bet that Key gets drafted higher than Tau as a QB. If I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat crow.

I love Key and 100% believe he will be drafted- but Tua is the better prospect right now and likely continues to be

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2018, 01:01 AM
Did you see what he just did on the biggest stage versus what Key did in the Egg Bowl? I

To add, this has nothing to do with who is more talented & who is the better draft prospect. It's just an insignificant point that confuses evaluators.

Yes, Tau is currently more advanced. My guess is that he received more coaching, camps, etc than Key did at a young age, but Key has better ingredients to be an NFL QB.

If you don't believe me, just wait and see.

Also, please call me out when I'm wrong. If I'm wrong, I want the entire world to know.

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2018, 01:02 AM
I love Key and 100% believe he will be drafted- but Tua is the better prospect right now and likely continues to be

I respectfully disagree.

There is no comparison IMO as to which guy has a higher ceiling in throwing out of a well in the pocket.

BuckyIsAB****
01-09-2018, 01:04 AM

This is the only thing I agree with you on. Key was not ready to play in that EB

RougeDawg
01-09-2018, 01:07 AM
This is insanity. First, Fitz would not be as good as Jalen at Alabama. Second,Jalen has issues but one of them is that Saban brought in an NFL OC to deal with him. With a Mullen, Jalen would be putting up stupid numbers (like he did with Kiffin!).

Fitz led the SEC in total yards in 2016. He already was better than Jalen, at State. Give Fitz WR's who adjust and catch passes that hit their hands and he's a finalist in NYC. Not sure why this is so difficult to see. We have average WR's at best who do not have great hands and/or the ability to make plays and adjust to the ball. Bama has a stable of these types of guys.

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2018, 01:09 AM
Exhibit 1

Go to 24:10 on the video. The pocket presence, velocity, accuracy, & actions that Key shows on this throw are something that Tau cannot do. Tau may be able to make this throw, but not like this. This is what future NFL QBs look like.

Because Tau's low, push arm path, he can't throw the football downhill with velocity. Key has a higher slot & throws the ball downhill. The arm strength & carry isn't close.

Also check out the arm strength that Key shows at 12:40 on the video. Tau doesn't have that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ReNuiYAJgg

bluelightstar
01-09-2018, 01:11 AM
Fitz led the SEC in total yards in 2016. He already was better than Jalen, at State. Give Fitz WR's who adjust and catch passes that hit their hands and he's a finalist in NYC. Not sure why this is so difficult to see. We have average WR's at best who do not have great hands and/or the ability to make plays and adjust to the ball. Bama has a stable of these types of guys.

I don’t want to be that guy, but a part of that was Fitz having 600 yards against Samford and Arkansas. In 2016, our offense no-showed against good teams. That’s not a Fitz knock at all.

RougeDawg
01-09-2018, 01:20 AM
I don?t want to be that guy, but a part of that was Fitz having 600 yards against Samford and Arkansas. In 2016, our offense no-showed against good teams. That?s not a Fitz knock at all.

You don't have to be that guy because Bama played Kent State, Western Kentucky, Chattanooga, and Kentucky in 2016 as well. They played almost identical schedules as we did. The did play USC and was only major difference in regular season. They got a terrible Tennessee team while we got an average South Carolina.

bluelightstar
01-09-2018, 01:25 AM
You don't have to be that guy because Bama played Kent State, Western Kentucky, Chattanooga, and Kentucky in 2016 as well. They played almost identical schedules as we did. The did play USC and was only major difference in regular season. They got a terrible Tennessee team while we got an average South Carolina.

Yeah but we had to play starters that whole game. We were in a one score game until the 4Q, for example. I can buy that Fitz progresses this year, but I can’t believe you watched both QBs in *2016* and thought Fitz was better than Hurts.

RougeDawg
01-09-2018, 01:36 AM
Yeah but we had to play starters that whole game. We were in a one score game until the 4Q, for example. I can buy that Fitz progresses this year, but I can?t believe you watched both QBs in *2016* and thought Fitz was better than Hurts.

Well because that's not what i said. I said swap the teams and Fitz gets invited to NYC. I said Bama's talent elevated a ho hum Hurts and made him look much better than he actually is. All things equal and Fitz is the better QB. Period. Having a better year does not make a player better.

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2018, 01:48 AM
Well because that's not what i said. I said swap the teams and Fitz gets invited to NYC. I said Bama's talent elevated a ho hum Hurts and made him look much better than he actually is. All things equal and Fitz is the better QB. Period. Having a better year does not make a player better.

Hurts throws better than Fitz but hasn’t been developed like Fitz. I would take Hurts over Fitz.

My Alabama/MSU QB ranking on the basis of NFL ceiling is:

Key
Tau
Hurts
Fitz

parabrave
01-09-2018, 01:51 AM
He will go elsewhere, not here, but elsewhere. He is done at bama

Isn't A@M looking for a QB?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-09-2018, 09:25 AM

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/227/725/725227.gif

Bubb Rubb
01-09-2018, 09:53 AM

Bigger with more accuracy and natural arm stroke than both.

This might be the craziest thing I've ever seen on this board.

Bubb Rubb
01-09-2018, 09:58 AM
I respectfully disagree.

There is no comparison IMO as to which guy has a higher ceiling in throwing out of a well in the pocket.

There are a million guys out there that have the talent to do that. The ones who can do it, while remaining composed, checking off receivers, looking off safeties, while a true freshman in his first significant playing time of the year in overtime of the national championship game? You can count on two hands the number of quarterbacks able to do that. You saw one of them last night. To say Key is better than him is beyond retarded. Respectfully, it's quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read.

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2018, 10:01 AM
This might be the craziest thing I've ever seen on this board.

We’ll see. I’m sticking to my instincts on this.

basedog
01-09-2018, 10:11 AM
Well I would rather have Bama's wide receivers than any of their Qb's.

msstate7
01-09-2018, 10:12 AM
Well I would rather have Bama's wide receivers than any of their Qb's.

Unfortunately, they are better than us at both positions

Joe Schmedlap
01-09-2018, 10:18 AM
Hurts is extremely good and probably does return to a school in Texas. I’d guess TCU.

Covercorner2
01-09-2018, 10:19 AM

What is insane is comparing Hurt's supporting cast at Bama to Fitz's at State the past two years. Come on, man.

msstate7
01-09-2018, 10:22 AM
Hurts is extremely good and probably does return to a school in Texas. I’d guess TCU.

Could happen. I think he would be better suited at Texas though with Herman (urban offense guy)

basedog
01-09-2018, 10:26 AM
Unfortunately, they are better than us at both positions

Vision this, Fitz at Bama and Hurts at Msu, now, you say Hurts is better? Can't see Hurts being a better QB, he can't read secondary coverage at all. He has to throw on the move and his receivers help him out about 100%.

msstate7
01-09-2018, 10:28 AM
Vision this, Fitz at Bama and Hurts at Msu, now, you say Hurts is better? Can't see Hurts being a better QB, he can't read secondary coverage at all. He has to throw on the move and his receivers help him out about 100%.

Tua is better.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 10:30 AM
Vision this, Fitz at Bama and Hurts at Msu, now, you say Hurts is better? .

Yes- Hurts would have been a 1,000 yard rusher in our offense completed just as many or more 1 read throws as Fitz did.

confucius say
01-09-2018, 10:31 AM
They can keep hurts. I'd rather have Raekwon. Tell saban we'll trade him our kicker (no offense to jace).

basedog
01-09-2018, 10:33 AM
Yes- Hurts would have been a 1,000 yard rusher in our offense completed just as many or more 1 read throws as Fitz did.

And Fitz would have played and lead Bama to a National Title.

Covercorner2
01-09-2018, 10:33 AM

Exactly. Citing a QBs record as a starter at Bama is not exactly the best way to judge his talent. Honestly, you couldn't get more off-base. Have you seen the guys they have trotted out that led them to NC/SEC titles? Coker, Sims, McElroy, etc.

I guess Hurts is better than Baker Mayfield and Josh Rosen because he has a better record.

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2018, 10:42 AM

100% agree

Coach34
01-09-2018, 10:45 AM
Exactly. Citing a QBs record as a starter at Bama is not exactly the best way to judge his talent. Honestly, you couldn't get more off-base. Have you seen the guys they have trotted out that led them to NC/SEC titles? Coker, Sims, McElroy, etc.

I guess Hurts is better than Baker Mayfield and Josh Rosen because he has a better record.

Hurts in 2016- 23 TD's 9 picks 62.8%
Hurts in 2017- 17 TD's 1 pick 60.6% (after losing Lane Kiffin for a more pro style)

Hurts 40 TD's....10 picks...4900 yards... 60-plus completion percentage

BullDog
01-09-2018, 10:50 AM
He abandons the pocket way too early. Our guys are better

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2018, 10:54 AM
Ceiling

Key
Tau
Hurts
Fitz

Coach34
01-09-2018, 10:55 AM
He abandons the pocket way too early. Our guys are better

Our guys are mostly 1 read QB's.

Covercorner2
01-09-2018, 11:07 AM
Hurts in 2017- 17 TD's 1 pick 60.6% (after losing Lane Kiffin for a more pro style)

That's not that hard to do with his supporting cast.

Covercorner2
01-09-2018, 11:09 AM

Coker threw 21 TDs and 8 picks for 3110 yards while completing 66% of his passes. Is he better than Hurts?

Blake Sims threw 28 Tds and 10 picks for 3487 yards while completing 65% of his passes. Is he better than Hurts?

Coach34
01-09-2018, 11:13 AM
Coker threw 21 TDs and 8 picks and for 3110 yards while completing 66% of his passes. Is he better than Hurts?

No- because Coker didnt have 855 yards rushing on 154 carries to go with it

Covercorner2
01-09-2018, 11:21 AM
No- because Coker didnt have 855 yards rushing on 154 carries to go with it

Whatever fits the narrative. First you pick passing, now its rushing. Regardless, both Coker and Sims had more total yards in their full year as a starter (Sims by almost a full thousand) than Hurts did this year. Sims also had 35 total TDs; Coker 23; Hurts 25.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 11:28 AM
Whatever fits the narrative. First you pick passing, now its rushing. Regardless, both Coker and Sims had more total yards in their full year as a starter (Sims by almost a full thousand) than Hurts did this year. Sims also had 35 total TDs; Coker 23; Hurts 25.

running and throwing are part of being a QB in college football. Bottom line- Hurts is a good college QB

Covercorner2
01-09-2018, 11:32 AM
running and throwing are part of being a QB in college football. Bottom line- Hurts is a good college QB

No one is saying he isn't, but saying he is head and shoulders better than what we have in the locker room right now based on what he has accomplished at ALABAMA is short sighted.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 11:46 AM
No one is saying he isn't, but saying he is head and shoulders better than what we have in the locker room right now based on what he has accomplished at ALABAMA is short sighted.

Did I say he was head and shoulders better? Or just better?

Covercorner2
01-09-2018, 11:53 AM
Did I say he was head and shoulders better? Or just better?

Either way, point remains. Why would Hurts transfer somewhere if he wasn't the odds on favorite to start? He would be in the same exact position he is in now with less of a chance to win rings.

tcdog70
01-09-2018, 12:11 PM
Damian Williams would have the same record as Hurts. Shit, Hurts is a one read QB who is inaccurate. He is a tough MFER and can run. But he plays for an offense that has as much talent as the Packers. Nick, knows this, why do you think he put TUA in the game?? Bama could win 10 games a year just running the wildcat. Hurts playing anywhere else is an average QB. why? because He sux as a passer. We don't need Hurts, we have 2 QBs that can run--plus the are better passers and can check down. Give Nick -Bammers wrs and he looks way better.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 12:34 PM
Damian Williams would have the same record as Hurts. .

I stopped right there on your terrible post

BB30
01-09-2018, 02:03 PM

No point in arguing with them we had some that said at the same point in their careers Dak was a better QB than Lamar Jackson. I would certainly welcome Hurts in to compete for the job. You can't ever have too many qualified QBs on a roster. we were one injury away from being in a bad situation this year. FWIW if he ends up transferring I think he ends up at FAU in the offense that made him who he is.

Pollodawg
01-09-2018, 02:18 PM

Had this exact same thought last night.

TrapGame
01-09-2018, 02:26 PM
I can see Saban letting him go to FAU but not another SEC school. Can you imagine the fallout from fans if Jalen were to go to State or A&M and that team beats Bama b/c Jalen plays lights out?

tcdog70
01-09-2018, 02:39 PM

the consensus is all your post in this thread are the terrible ones. Your lead post turned out to be asinine. you don't think Bama would have won ten with Damian Williams, hell I do.

sonofozarka
01-09-2018, 02:42 PM
Claiming that Hurts is better than Fitz is probably C34's worst take since he claimed over and over for 2 years that Les Miles was a better coach than Saban.

Hurts threw for less than 150 yards per game, only threw for over 200 yards twice this year, and anytime Bama played a team that was remotely close to them in talent (UGA, Auburn, Clemson, even FSU) Bama's offense grinded to a halt. Bama's talent differential over 80% of the teams they play greatly lessen the impact of the QB. They have more NFL guys around Hurts on offense than any team in the SEC, but when they played elite defenses, they could barely score. 250-260 total yards and 17 offensive points vs Clemson & FSU, little to no production vs Auburn, and ZERO points vs UGA

chef dixon
01-09-2018, 02:45 PM
Fitz is arguably the worst passer of the 4, but he?s got the most experience at the moment

I_Spy
01-09-2018, 03:18 PM
Fitz has drops though. Young TE’s maybe older dropped some and the receivers. A train may have caught or had good hands. I’m for KT to Jason 42 yards TD.

confucius say
01-09-2018, 03:56 PM
If hurts wants to play in the NFL he will stay at Bama. As a rb. He was their best ball carrier this season.

He has no nfl future as a qb. He may as a rb.

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2018, 04:48 PM
Fitz has drops though. Young TE’s maybe older dropped some and the receivers. A train may have caught or had good hands. I’m for KT to Jason 42 yards TD.

Fitz’s drops have just as much to do with the type of ball he throws as it does with bad WRs.

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2018, 04:50 PM
If hurts wants to play in the NFL he will stay at Bama. As a rb. He was their best ball carrier this season.

He has no nfl future as a qb. He may as a rb.

Hurts wouldn’t make the travel squad as a running back at Bama

You do realize the difference between how defenses scheme and react to a QB running vs a RB running, right?

Coach34
01-09-2018, 06:58 PM
the consensus is all your post in this thread are the terrible ones. Your lead post turned out to be asinine. you don't think Bama would have won ten with Damian Williams, hell I do.

A) Nobody in this thread is dumb enough to agree with you about Damien Williams

B) A bunch of State fans posting that they think Fitz is better than Hurts? Well damn- what a shocker***

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2018, 07:02 PM

B) A bunch of State fans posting that they think Fitz is better than Hurts? Well damn- what a shocker***

I think Hurts is a hell of a QB that is the product of over coaching and an offensive system that stymies QB development

I’ll be somewhat interested to see if Tau regresses as he throws some INTs and Saban wears his ass out.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 07:09 PM
I think Hurts is a hell of a QB that is the product of over coaching and an offensive system that stymies QB development

I’ll be somewhat interested to see if Tau regresses as he throws some INTs and Saban wears his ass out.

Much like Fitz this year- Hurts struggled at times because of the new system and the young guys on offense. People forget Alabama changed offenses this year to more of a pro style O- and had a bunch of young guys working their way into the offense. And he STILL had 17 TD's to only 1 pick. With the game on the line last night- Bama had 5 freshman playing on offense. That takes time to get some cohesiveness- no matter how talented you are.

Alabama's winning TD was "everybody go deep". Thats not outsmarting anybody- thats just throwing it deep and winning because of a busted coverage. Georgia lost because the Safety didnt stay deep against 4 Verts. It's not rocket surgery

Commercecomet24
01-09-2018, 07:18 PM
Much like Fitz this year- Hurts struggled at times because of the new system and the young guys on offense. People forget Alabama changed offenses this year to more of a pro style O- and had a bunch of young guys working their way into the offense. And he STILL had 17 TD's to only 1 pick. With the game on the line last night- Bama had 5 freshman playing on offense. That takes time to get some cohesiveness- no matter how talented you are.

Alabama's winning TD was "everybody go deep". Thats not outsmarting anybody- thats just throwing it deep and winning because of a busted coverage. Georgia lost because the Safety didnt stay deep against 4 Verts. It's not rocket surgery

That last play is still a head scratcher. The safety had one job, stay deeper than the deepest. I mean I know the cb didn?t get a bump to slow or reroute the receiver but the safety just can?t let that cat get there. Kids makes mistakes I guess.

msstate7
01-09-2018, 07:21 PM
That last play is still a head scratcher. The safety had one job, stay deeper than the deepest. I mean I know the cb didn?t get a bump to slow or reroute the receiver but the safety just can?t let that cat get there. Kids makes mistakes I guess.

Safety got caught looking at the qb. Tua got his wr wide open

Commercecomet24
01-09-2018, 07:24 PM

I know but that?s the mistake his one job in that situation is to stay deeper than deepest his one and only job, he busted. It happens but dang. I played db and wr and I know the last thing said in the huddle would?ve been don?t get beat deep.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 07:29 PM

Safety has deep half- it doesnt matter wtf the QB does. The CB sinks deep until he sees a threat underneath. Complete wtf by the Safety.

Commercecomet24
01-09-2018, 07:33 PM
Safety has deep half- it doesnt matter wtf the QB does. The CB sinks deep until he sees a threat underneath. Complete wtf by the Safety.

Exactly. No reason for safety to be peeking in the backfield. Especially not on 2nd and 26 with NC on the line. Stay deep play cf.

msstate7
01-09-2018, 07:39 PM

Well maybe it should not matter what the qb does, but it obviously did matter bc tua looked the safety off

Commercecomet24
01-09-2018, 07:42 PM
Well maybe it should not matter what the qb does, but it obviously did matter bc tua looked the safety off

Yes he screwed the pooch cause staying deep on that is how to play safety 101 lol

gravedigger
01-09-2018, 07:48 PM

Yea, can?t go with ya on this one. We need him like we need another head coach in baseball.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 07:50 PM
Yea, can?t go with ya on this one. We need him like we need another head coach in baseball.

yeah because getting QB talent on campus is a bad thing. Hurts battling KT for the QB job would be great for State

Covercorner2
01-09-2018, 07:54 PM
yeah because getting QB talent on campus is a bad thing. Hurts battling KT for the QB job would be great for State

Again, why in the world would he transfer (and sit out a year) to battle for a starting spot? He is already doing that at Bama.

Unless he is the unquestioned starter, which he would not be at State, it just doesn't make sense.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 08:06 PM
Again, why in the world would he transfer (and sit out a year) to battle for a starting spot? He is already doing that at Bama.

Unless he is the unquestioned starter, which he would not be at State, it just doesn't make sense.

he is going to lose the job at Bama with a pro-style OC that Saban now employs- he needs to go to a Spread Option program

Coach34
01-09-2018, 08:09 PM

again- that's why its a wtf by the safety. The QB is not his read. The WR's to his half are the read and they were pressing deep. So stay deep. He should have been in the middle of the two guys running his side. And the CB should have kept sinking as well underneath. Tua didnt look him off- Tua was just looking for someone to throw it too.

Covercorner2
01-09-2018, 08:12 PM
he is going to lose the job at Bama with a pro-style OC that Saban now employs- he needs to go to a Spread Option program

There are many other programs other than State that run the Spread Option or something to fit his skill set where he could transfer and actually be the unquestioned starter.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 09:07 PM
There are many other programs other than State that run the Spread Option or something to fit his skill set where he could transfer and actually be the unquestioned starter.

ok? I'm greedy and want more QB talent at my school. Is that wrong?

TUSK
01-09-2018, 09:22 PM
I don't think Hurts is going anywhere...

tcdog70
01-09-2018, 09:26 PM
again- that's why its a wtf by the safety. The QB is not his read. The WR's to his half are the read and they were pressing deep. So stay deep. He should have been in the middle of the two guys running his side. And the CB should have kept sinking as well underneath. Tua didnt look him off- Tua was just looking for someone to throw it too.

Well I guess Tua is a liar, because he said He looked the safety off.

Jack Lambert
01-09-2018, 09:26 PM
I think if was going to transfer and sit out a year I would think he would move closer to home. OK or one of the other Texas schools.

tcdog70
01-09-2018, 09:37 PM

Damn Coach, the point I was making was that Bama can will win with an average QB. I don't know what B) has to with Me.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 09:41 PM

I would ask the Safety because he would be a better person to give you the answer as to what he was looking at.

msstate7
01-09-2018, 09:46 PM

He did it a few times last night. You could tell bc as soon as he looked toward his real target he was already loading up to throw.

Dawg61
01-09-2018, 09:59 PM
They can keep hurts. I'd rather have Raekwon. Tell saban we'll trade him our kicker (no offense to jace).

Not sure I'd make that trade. Don't get me wrong Davis is nasty as hell but so is our DL already. I am not sure we'd make half our FGs without Jace. Whose kicking for us??

tcdog70
01-10-2018, 11:41 AM
I would ask the Safety because he would be a better person to give you the answer as to what he was looking at.

either the safety got looked off or he fell asleep***. If I was Him I would tell everyone , "Man, I got looked off". But the corner also just stopped running, why?

PonderThis2
01-10-2018, 01:53 PM

Or you could watch the replay/film where he clearly looked the safety off... either way.

Coach34
01-10-2018, 02:11 PM
Or you could watch the replay/film where he clearly looked the safety off... either way.

The guy was playing deep half and had no deep threat in the middle of the field- nothing to be looked off too.

tcdog70
01-10-2018, 02:36 PM
The guy was playing deep half and had no deep threat in the middle of the field- nothing to be looked off too.

Dang, you should have Coached Tua and told Him He didn't have to look off the safety. he clearly said I looked off the safety--But what the hell does He know-He just won the Natty, while you coach a High School in the Sip.

drunkernhelldawg
01-10-2018, 03:06 PM

He's made a ton of huge plays and done what it takes to win over and over.

drunkernhelldawg
01-10-2018, 03:08 PM
I think if was going to transfer and sit out a year I would think he would move closer to home. OK or one of the other Texas schools.

I'd advise him to transfer to Hawaii.

gravedigger
01-10-2018, 03:30 PM

No, I do understand your point. I wouldnt turn him away. I just think there are other greater needs.

basedog
01-10-2018, 03:39 PM
No, I do understand your point. I wouldnt turn him away. I just think there are other greater needs.

Yep and Hurts ain't gonna transfer to Msu. Here we have a senior, a Soph and a true Freshman Qb coming in with a new Coach who I bet will do well with our Qb's. Should be a fun 2018 year.

Coach34
01-10-2018, 04:04 PM
Dang, you should have Coached Tua and told Him He didn't have to look off the safety. he clearly said I looked off the safety--But what the hell does He know-He just won the Natty, while you coach a High School in the Sip.

i didn’t say Tua was supposed to look the safety off or scratch his nuts- I’m saying the Safety wasn’t fooled by Tua. There was no deep middle threat for the Safety to freeze on. Tua made a really good throw and won the game for them- but the mistakes by the Safety and CB are inexplicable

Stop being so simple-minded. It’s QB 101 not to stare a WR down- especially on 4 verts from a Trip’s set

Coach34
01-10-2018, 04:06 PM

we were a turned ankle in bowl practice from starting a walk-on in the bowl game. We lack QB depth

PonderThis2
01-10-2018, 04:52 PM
i didn’t say Tua was supposed to look the safety off or scratch his nuts- I’m saying the Safety wasn’t fooled by Tua. There was no deep middle threat for the Safety to freeze on. Tua made a really good throw and won the game for them- but the mistakes by the Safety and CB are inexplicable

Stop being so simple-minded. It’s QB 101 not to stare a WR down- especially on 4 verts from a Trip’s set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKVrY6C0aRY

Film don't lie. He was clearly looking the other direction.

TUSK
01-10-2018, 06:00 PM

The S may have not been completely fooled, but between the receivers loaded up on the right side and Tua staring #3 down, the S certainly "locked up"...

Coach34
01-10-2018, 06:13 PM

Ok- I'll type slower so maybe you can understand:

Where the QB was looking has nothing to do with the ******* Safety. There was no WR threat pressing the middle for the Safety to be looked off too. If you watch the Safety in the video- he softly backpedals and stays on the hash. He didnt stay as deep as the deepest threat- the X- as he is taught to do. If Tua had "looked him off" he would have drifted toward the middle of the field. He didnt do that- his ass didnt get deep like he is supposed to.

The CB who was sinking- hesitated because he saw the crosser and expected the Safety to be over the top for him.

I can't explain it any simpler or understand it for you

TUSK
01-10-2018, 06:18 PM

Where the QB was looking has nothing to do with the ******* Safety. There was no WR threat pressing the middle for the Safety to be looked off too. If you watch the Safety in the video- he softly backpedals and stays on the hash. He didnt stay as deep as the deepest threat- the X- as he is taught to do. If Tua had "looked him off" he would have drifted toward the middle of the field. He didnt do that- his ass didnt get deep like he is supposed to.

The CB who was sinking- hesitated because he saw the crosser and expected the Safety to be over the top for him.

In a vacuum, that makes sense to me... In your opinion, what influenced the Safety in his decision to do what he did?

(I'm NOT an Xs Os guy)

msstate7
01-10-2018, 06:22 PM

Makes sense if the safety knows every wr route. Unfortunately for him, he looked to see where the WRs were

lastmajordog
01-10-2018, 06:26 PM
I see what 34 is saying.....and he is correct ...BUTTTTTTTTT.......I REALLY REALLY admire teaching a QB to look off a receiver, Fitz it seems is STILL trying to learn that at times it. I never understood why most HS qb?s aren?t made to look the wrong way even though they know their predetermined routes.....(in the old days anyway)...

Commercecomet24
01-10-2018, 06:46 PM

This is the correct answer. If y?all ever played safety you would understand. I guarantee you the last thing said was don?t get beat deep. His drop was to slow and by the time he realized what was happening the wr was by him. He may have expected help from the cb by getting a bump on the wr and that may by why he was slow in his drop but that was a major screw up on his part. Only one job he had was stay deeper than deepest.

TUSK
01-10-2018, 06:55 PM
This is the correct answer. If y?all ever played safety you would understand. I guarantee you the last thing said was don?t get beat deep. His drop was to slow and by the time he realized what was happening the wr was by him. He may have expected help from the cb by getting a bump on the wr and that may by why he was slow in his drop but that was a major screw up on his part. Only one job he had was stay deeper than deepest.

So he just "went to sleep"? I can understand getting tricked, but he literally "had 1 job".... I just wanna know his thought process/what he "thinks he saw" between the snap and the "oh, frick" moment...

Any insight?

Commercecomet24
01-10-2018, 07:19 PM
So he just "went to sleep"? I can understand getting tricked, but he literally "had 1 job".... I just wanna know his thought process/what he "thinks he saw" between the snap and the "oh, frick" moment...

Any insight?

I think he expected a bump or re route by the cb and that?s why he was slow in his drop and the wr got on him quicker than he expected. To late then. IMO the cb and safety both effed up but safety?s mea culpa was the worst

Coach34
01-10-2018, 09:27 PM
I see what 34 is saying.....and he is correct ...BUTTTTTTTTT.......I REALLY REALLY admire teaching a QB to look off a receiver, Fitz it seems is STILL trying to learn that at times it. I never understood why most HS qb?s aren?t made to look the wrong way even though they know their predetermined routes.....(in the old days anyway)...

I teach the same thing to 10th graders- Tua saw the secondary leaning to ward trips. The safety bails right at the snap to the hashmark. Tua looks to the trips side as he is taught to do- the Safety for Georgia is taught to stay as deep as the deepest WR. The Safety weakly dropped and got run by.

The defense simply broke down and cost UGa the game. That cant ****ing happen on 2nd ND 26. Tua didnt work some kind of crazy magic to beat them.

bulldawg28
01-10-2018, 09:30 PM
I teach the same thing to 10th graders- Tua saw the secondary leaning to ward trips. The safety bails right at the snap to the hashmark. Tua looks to the trips side as he is taught to do- the Safety for Georgia is taught to stay as deep as the deepest WR. The Safety weakly dropped and got run by.

The defense simply broke down and cost UGa the game. That cant ****ing happen on 2nd ND 26. Tua didnt work some kind of crazy magic to beat them.

Truth

bulldawg28
01-10-2018, 09:31 PM

Truth

bulldawg28
01-10-2018, 09:35 PM
In a vacuum, that makes sense to me... In your opinion, what influenced the Safety in his decision to do what he did?

(I'm NOT an Xs Os guy)

He was a dumbass plain and simple. It was basically two vs one and the safety didn't do the simplest rule of cover 2. He wasn't disciplined.

bulldawg28
01-10-2018, 09:39 PM
Makes sense if the safety knows every wr route. Unfortunately for him, he looked to see where the WRs were

You look as your backpedaling. However, you don't guess where the Qb is throwing. Truthfully that should have been an interception if played properly.

Coach34
01-10-2018, 09:53 PM
You look as your backpedaling. However, you don't guess where the Qb is throwing. Truthfully that should have been an interception if played properly.

Exactly 28. The bad play by the Safety is mind-googling. He was ****ing awful on that play

Coach34
01-10-2018, 09:58 PM
So he just "went to sleep"? I can understand getting tricked, but he literally "had 1 job"....Any insight?

If Georgia was in Cover 2- the Safety has deep half. Nobody on the left side of the field is supposed to get behind him. The CB on that side sinks until threatened underneath his way. The Safety doesnt let anybody get deeper than him on the left half of the field

If Georgia was in Cover 4- The Safety has deep 1/4 and the CB that side has deep 1/4. The CB that side hesitating leads me to believe they are in Cover 2. With the X pressing deep- there is no reason for the CB that side to settle.

Commercecomet24
01-10-2018, 10:19 PM

Exactly! This isn?t a hard concept to understand. Safety busted plain and simple. He had a weak drop and the wr was on him before he knew it.

TUSK
01-10-2018, 10:24 PM
If Georgia was in Cover 2- the Safety has deep half. Nobody on the left side of the field is supposed to get behind him. The CB on that side sinks until threatened underneath his way. The Safety doesnt let anybody get deeper than him on the left half of the field

If Georgia was in Cover 4- The Safety has deep 1/4 and the CB that side has deep 1/4. The CB that side hesitating leads me to believe they are in Cover 2. With the X pressing deep- there is no reason for the CB that side to settle.

that makes even more sense, now... so, in this application, the Safety had NO assignments other than the DEEPEST guy only on the LEFT side of the field... and UGA had another cat to cover deep, right side?

damn, this is almost as hard as posting a pic... but I'll try, anyway....

https://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/798279/133329.gif

Commercecomet24
01-10-2018, 10:26 PM
that makes even more sense, now... so, in this application, the Safety had NO assignments other than the DEEPEST guy only on the LEFT side of the field... and UGA had another cat to cover deep, right side?

damn, this is almost as hard as posting a pic... but I'll try, anyway....

https://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/798279/133329.gif

You got it. He completely blew his assignment.

TUSK
01-10-2018, 10:26 PM
this?

http://cdn.insidethepylon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Cover-2-Diagram.jpg

Coach34
01-10-2018, 10:32 PM
Yep- there you go Gump

Commercecomet24
01-10-2018, 10:32 PM
this?

http://cdn.insidethepylon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Cover-2-Diagram.jpg

That?s a pretty good idea of it. In a lot of cover 2 the middle lb will get an even deeper drop than that shows, depending on down and distance, but it?s the basic concept

TUSK
01-10-2018, 10:38 PM
Yep- there you go Gump

Thanks for the Marine 101 like explanation!

Dallas_Dawg
01-10-2018, 11:03 PM
That?s a pretty good idea of it. In a lot of cover 2 the middle lb will get an even deeper drop than that shows, depending on down and distance, but it?s the basic concept

Urlacher was one of the best at covering the middle of the Cover 2 in his prime.

Commercecomet24
01-10-2018, 11:13 PM
Urlacher was one of the best at covering the middle of the Cover 2 in his prime.

Yes he was! Funny you mentioned him but I was thinking about him when I looked at the diagram Tusk put up, He got great drops and could cover a ton of ground.Dude was so athletic! I remember him returning kicks in college.

Dallas_Dawg
01-11-2018, 12:02 AM
Welp... Tua?s HS QB coach says he looked off the safety on the final play which happened to be Tua?s favorite in HS
https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/tua-tagovailoa-alabama-national-championship-play-call-game-winner-touchdown

Dallas_Dawg
01-11-2018, 12:03 AM
Yes he was! Funny you mentioned him but I was thinking about him when I looked at the diagram Tusk put up, He got great drops and could cover a ton of ground.Dude was so athletic! I remember him returning kicks in college.
Dude was a safety also in college but made the move to MLB flawlessly in the NFL.

TUSK
01-11-2018, 12:10 AM
Welp... Tua?s HS QB coach says he looked off the safety on the final play which happened to be Tua?s favorite in HS
https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/tua-tagovailoa-alabama-national-championship-play-call-game-winner-touchdown

Yeah, I've been researching this whole thing (and trying to learn some)...

Tua said he "tried to look off the S, but the S stayed in the middle of the field"....

I'm thinking it was a combination of a lot of things... Mostly the S had a brainfart and locked up... and perhaps the crossing route and Tua helped with that some...

Commercecomet24
01-11-2018, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I've been researching this whole thing (and trying to learn some)...

Tua said he "tried to look off the S, but the S stayed in the middle of the field"....

I'm thinking it was a combination of a lot of things... Mostly the S had a brainfart and locked up... and perhaps the crossing route and Tua helped with that some...

Lol pretty much, the safety screwed the pooch.

Commercecomet24
01-11-2018, 12:15 AM
Dude was a safety also in college but made the move to MLB flawlessly in the NFL.

Yeah he was quite an athlete. A safety in a lbs body.

TUSK
01-11-2018, 12:31 AM
here's a really good article with some clips that shows different angles...

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/1/9/16867000/alabama-td-tua-tagovailoa-devonta-smith-national-championship-2018

after seeing this, I think the safety lacked discipline, forgot his shit, and bit....

Commercecomet24
01-11-2018, 12:48 AM
here's a really good article with some clips that shows different angles...

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/1/9/16867000/alabama-td-tua-tagovailoa-devonta-smith-national-championship-2018

after seeing this, I think the safety lacked discipline, forgot his shit, and bit....

Yeah you nailed it, Tusk.

Watching those clips makes it even worse. That was one weak ass drop by the safety. He absolutely did not get where he needed to be. Almost seemed like a half hearted effort. Just dang.

PonderThis2
01-11-2018, 06:57 AM

Let me say it differently so maybe you understand.

If Tua doesn't look the other way, then what does the Safety do on that play? I understand coverage. It really isn't that hard of a concept. I am saying Tua looking the other way contributed to his brain fart. Get it?

TUSK
01-11-2018, 07:11 AM

If Tua doesn't look the other way, then what does the Safety do on that play? I understand coverage. It really isn't that hard of a concept. I am saying Tua looking the other way contributed to his brain fart. Get it?

That's what confused me during this whole thread... I my mind, it's not like 1) blowing a coverage and 2) getting baited/tricked are mutually exclusive...

Coach34
01-11-2018, 07:36 AM

Every QB the Safety plays against looks the other way on deeper routes. He made no false steps toward the middle of the field- so he wasnt "looked off" is all I'm saying. His poor drop is hard to explain given that he has to see that the X is driving hard. Could he have thought they were in C-4 and didnt drop as hard because of the TE crossing? That could explain his actions a little better but CB obviously thought they were in C-2 because if they are in C-4 he never checks up.

Yua knew he was throwing to the X off of his pre-snap read though most likely because of the position of the safety- even with him bailing back to the hash right before the snap.

tcdog70
01-11-2018, 10:28 AM
“It’s like four verticals,” Vinny Passas, Tagovailoa’s former quarterbacks coach, told SEC Country of the play call. “It’s just a matter of how you’re going to manipulate the safety. He did the right thing. He peeked at the over route to get that safety to hold the middle a little bit. He just went outside with it and, gosh, it was there. The ball came out in front of his body.

msstate7
01-11-2018, 10:46 AM
That's what confused me during this whole thread... I my mind, it's not like 1) blowing a coverage and 2) getting baited/tricked are mutually exclusive...

NO ONE denies the safety blew the coverage... hell, it is obvious. C34 just will not admit that tua deeked the safety. If tua looked left, the safety would have been in position

Bdawg
01-11-2018, 12:13 PM
Every QB the Safety plays against looks the other way on deeper routes. He made no false steps toward the middle of the field- so he wasnt "looked off" is all I'm saying. His poor drop is hard to explain given that he has to see that the X is driving hard. Could he have thought they were in C-4 and didnt drop as hard because of the TE crossing? That could explain his actions a little better but CB obviously thought they were in C-2 because if they are in C-4 he never checks up.

Yua knew he was throwing to the X off of his pre-snap read though most likely because of the position of the safety- even with him bailing back to the hash right before the snap.

If I’m not mistaken, didn’t the corner throw up his hands in disgust? Bout 99% sure it was cover 2 cause the cb was pissed he didn’t get the help over the top like he was supposed to have. Safety screwed the pooch. It’s his job to not “get looked off” and take care of his responsibility. Safety may have been looking toward the trips side because qb was looking that way initially and the wr on his side got by him. But no matter what the safety was looking at or doing, he failed in his responsibility to cover his deep half.

Bdawg
01-11-2018, 12:25 PM
NO ONE denies the safety blew the coverage... hell, it is obvious. C34 just will not admit that tua deeked the safety. If tua looked left, the safety would have been in position

I can agree with this and with 34 too. Tua looking to the right could have contributed to the safety cheating his eyes that way looking to make a play. If Tua is staring the X receiver down all the way, I’m pretty sure the TD doesn’t happen. But with the way it played out, the safety lost focus on his responsibility and got burned.

SPMT
01-11-2018, 01:53 PM
Heard Tuberville on a radio interview state, "....the safety had a hard job to get to that part of the field in that amount of time."

Basically, he said it wasn't as much as safety's or corner's fault but more so a good play and great throw.

fwiw

SPMT
01-11-2018, 01:58 PM
It's also a common strategy to beat Cover 2 by dropping it in between the corner and the safety. That happened but if he was better he probably at least tackles him short of the goal line.

Coach34
01-11-2018, 03:23 PM

aGAIN- the X decides what the safety does- not Tua. The X streaking deep is the Safey's primary read. Tua looking to the right didnt make the safety halfass backpedal. He couldnt have helped to the right with a halfass backpedal anyway

Coach34
01-11-2018, 03:27 PM
It's also a common strategy to beat Cover 2 by dropping it in between the corner and the safety. That happened but if he was better he probably at least tackles him short of the goal line.

no doubt

With 2 deep- you hammer it with 3 receivers going deep. 1 in the middle and down each sideline. I run the same play Bama ran as well, altho I do it out of a TE-Trips set. We just dont usually play teams that leave the deep balls open so we hit the crosser 3/4 of the time.

Commercecomet24
01-11-2018, 03:31 PM
What got the safety beat was his half ass drop. He was late because he half assed his drop. Watch the clip Tusk linked. He was beat from the get go. I do wonder though if he thought it was a cover 4 because normally in that cover 2 the cb gets a bump on the wr, and it looked as if the safety was playing it as a cover 4. That's the way it appeared to me looking at it again. As Bulldawg28 said earlier it should've been picked off or broken up.

Commercecomet24
01-11-2018, 03:50 PM
delete