PDA

View Full Version : Even Talent? Saban getting outcoached again

Coach34
01-08-2018, 09:56 PM
Amazing the games on even terms- Saban becomes the same guy that lost to UAB when he was at LSU, lost to La-Monroe at Bama in year 1, and barely stayed above .500 at Mich State

DownwardDawg
01-08-2018, 10:00 PM
Saban is a great coach that knows how to build a program and sustain it. But I’ve seen him get out coached on many occasions in actual games.

Todd4State
01-08-2018, 10:02 PM
And lost to Croom in 2007.

RougeDawg
01-08-2018, 10:06 PM
It?s not difficult to beat them when you can get pressure on them with your front 4. Hurts rolls to his right and looks for Ridley. We were good enough up front to her the pressure on him. We just weren?t smart enough to cover Ridley with two men. Auburn took Ridley away when hurts scrambled. Look at the game result. I?m sure bama has another Ridley in the waiting but hurts wil not be the same without Ridley next year. You can book that.

Commercecomet24
01-08-2018, 10:08 PM
Some of the luster is starting to wear off of Saban being a coaching genius. Great recruiter of talent but if he loses this one The invincibility and mojo pretty much gone.

phatdog
01-08-2018, 10:11 PM
Hurts is the weak link.

BuckyIsAB****
01-08-2018, 10:15 PM
I said it last week they would struggle to score. They dont have much on offense, Grantham went to the safety blitz well 1 too many times

Todd4State
01-08-2018, 10:16 PM
It?s not difficult to beat them when you can get pressure on them with your front 4. Hurts rolls to his right and looks for Ridley. We were good enough up front to her the pressure on him. We just weren?t smart enough to cover Ridley with two men. Auburn took Ridley away when hurts scrambled. Look at the game result. I?m sure bama has another Ridley in the waiting but hurts wil not be the same without Ridley next year. You can book that.

We also had a coach dumb enough to try to run a QB draw on 3rd and 8 late in the fourth quarter.

Lord McBuckethead
01-08-2018, 10:17 PM
Bama games are 17n boring.

Commercecomet24
01-08-2018, 10:19 PM
Saban panicking

BuckyIsAB****
01-08-2018, 10:19 PM
Bama games are 17n boring.

I love them. Its the way the game was meant to be played

Coach34
01-08-2018, 10:23 PM
Now he has benched his QB that is 25-2. Wow. What a desperation move. Awful Saban- just awful

Commercecomet24
01-08-2018, 10:24 PM
Now he has benched his QB that is 25-2. Wow. What a desperation move. Awful Saban- just awful

Yeah he?s panicking. Never thought I would see that out of Saban

BeardoMSU
01-08-2018, 10:24 PM

And with it, totally undermined his confidence going forward; even into next year. Talk about totally throwing a guy under the bus.

Mjoelner34
01-08-2018, 10:28 PM

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/0aa38e3e-a221-46e5-994e-ac1d77cc6842

Coach34
01-08-2018, 10:49 PM
and we have a pick by Tua trying to force something under pressure. Nice job Saban

Commercecomet24
01-08-2018, 10:50 PM
Just can?t put an inexperienced qb into this kinda game.

Coach34
01-08-2018, 10:52 PM
Just can?t put an inexperienced qb into this kinda game.

exactly

Hurts has 1 pick in 2017

Commercecomet24
01-08-2018, 11:01 PM
Bama has lost their composure

chef dixon
01-08-2018, 11:16 PM
lol if Saban is "not that good of a coach" as this thread is obviously insinuating, what does that make every other single coach in the game?

Coach34
01-08-2018, 11:23 PM
lol if Saban is "not that good of a coach" as this thread is obviously insinuating, what does that make every other single coach in the game?

unable to recruit the way he does

He has coached the most talented team in the country every ****ing year since 2009

chef dixon
01-08-2018, 11:26 PM
unable to recruit the way he does

He has coached the most talented team in the country every ****ing year since 2009

that's the biggest part of being a college coach

Todd4State
01-08-2018, 11:30 PM

Without Alabama's resources?

Coach34
01-08-2018, 11:32 PM

cant always out-talent everyone. Sometimes you have to coach

Thats why Saban loses to Les Miles at home in 2011, La-Monroe, UAB, SC in 2010, OM games, Clemson, Ohio State, Auburn this year...etc...people accusing Gus of being a bad coach and want him fired at Auburn- he beat Saban this year

Coach34
01-08-2018, 11:33 PM

funny- Saban wasnt a master recruiter until he was at LSU and Bama. He was just a good coach at Mich State

Coach34
01-08-2018, 11:35 PM
Without Alabama's resources?

he lost to Auburn in 2013 because he tried a 57 yard FG in the cold and they ran it back for a TD against him. Any other coach does that and he would be crucified

chef dixon
01-08-2018, 11:38 PM
cant always out-talent everyone. Sometimes you have to coach

Thats why Saban loses to Les Miles at home in 2011, La-Monroe, UAB, SC in 2010, OM games, Clemson, Ohio State, Auburn this year...etc...people accusing Gus of being a bad coach and want him fired at Auburn- he beat Saban this year

i hear you, but you guys are looking for perfection when it doesn't exist.. its not feasible to think any other coach would have performed better at Alabama over the last 10 years

There have been coaches all over the country at top tier programs that have not even touched his level of success... Meyer is the only other one in the neighborhood

Coach34
01-08-2018, 11:40 PM
i hear you, but you guys are looking for perfection when it doesn't exist.. its not feasible to think any other coach would have performed better at Alabama over the last 10 years

There have been coaches all over the country at top tier programs that have not even touched his level of success... Meyer is the only other one in the neighborhood

he has had the most talented team in the country for 9 years in a row.

chef dixon
01-08-2018, 11:42 PM
he has had the most talented team in the country for 9 years in a row.

I just fail to see how that is a knock on him as a coach. If your point is to prove he's not perfect, then yes you are correct.

chef dixon
01-08-2018, 11:45 PM
Also, its tough to say going to the back up QB was the wrong move at this point

sandwolf
01-08-2018, 11:51 PM
Also, its tough to say going to the back up QB was the wrong move at this point

Haha, no, it's window licking stupid to say that at this point.

If Bama comes back and wins this game, the only consolation will be watching 34 get railed for this stupid ass thread.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 12:04 AM
Whose to say Hurts wouldnt have done better in the 2nd half? Tua threw as many picks tonight as Hurts threw all season

chef dixon
01-09-2018, 12:14 AM
Whose to say Hurts wouldnt have done better in the 2nd half? Tua threw as many picks tonight as Hurts threw all season

Man its alright to admit that that is probably not true

Coach34
01-09-2018, 12:18 AM
But we will never know

IMissJack
01-09-2018, 12:18 AM

Maybe, but while we're at it, who is to say that he would not have been shut out? It was not looking good.

sandwolf
01-09-2018, 12:19 AM
Man its alright to admit that that is probably not true

Haha, he will go to his grave saying that Bama would've won in regulation if Saban had just left Hurts in. This is the same guy that claimed Les Miles was a better coach than Nick Saban and still won't admit how insanely stupid that was.

Commercecomet24
01-09-2018, 12:20 AM
Gotta give Saban and bama credit they went out and took it.

Coach34
01-09-2018, 12:24 AM
Haha, he will go to his grave saying that Bama would've won in regulation if Saban had just left Hurts in. This is the same guy that claimed Les Miles was a better coach than Nick Saban and still won't admit how insanely stupid that was.

It worked for Saban tonight- good for him.

Miles was every bit as good as Saban until 2011 when LSU got ****ed by the BCS. At that point- Saban and Miles were neck and neck. From there- Miles refused to change and never beat Saban again. That was the turning point. Saban adapted to the modern game and Miles simply wouldnt. Its plain to see

dawgday166
01-09-2018, 12:29 AM
This was one helluva brilliant thread to start at halftime of this game tonight ********

Cooterpoot
01-09-2018, 12:30 AM
GA sat on the ball 4th qtr. Smart got out coached.

MarketingBully
01-09-2018, 12:46 AM
Bumping for this DERP of a thread.

Dildoes
01-09-2018, 01:00 AM
The takes were a lil too spicey tonight fellas. Can’t blame ya though, another season in the books and ya gotta get ‘em outta your system

bluelightstar
01-09-2018, 01:05 AM
Well this was ridiculous

Also

he lost to Auburn in 2013 because he tried a 57 yard FG in the cold and they ran it back for a TD against him. Any other coach does that and he would be crucified

The 2013 iron bowl was like 50 degrees...

bluelightstar
01-09-2018, 01:06 AM
nm

3rdGen
01-09-2018, 01:36 AM
What a silly thread!

Token Bammer
01-09-2018, 02:41 AM
Amazing the games on even terms- Saban becomes the same guy that lost to UAB when he was at LSU, lost to La-Monroe at Bama in year 1, and barely stayed above .500 at Mich State

This thread did not end well. Lol

"The greatest of all-time sucks!!!" Lol

TUSK
01-09-2018, 06:05 AM

Miles was every bit as good as Saban until 2011 when LSU got ****ed by the BCS. At that point- Saban and Miles were neck and neck. From there- Miles refused to change and never beat Saban again. That was the turning point. Saban adapted to the modern game and Miles simply wouldnt. Its plain to see

Daddio... you know that I dig your bag... we've met in person, conversed telephonically a few times.... and I dig your insights on occasion... etc...

Additionally, I fully understand that this is your playground and I'm only allowed here at your pleasure... but...

JUST ****IN' STOP IT....

the more you hang on to "Les Miles > Saban" deal just undermines your credibility... Post Saban, LSU won "in spite" of Miles.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Les... I almost cried the day he was fired from LSU; rejoiced the day he was retained, only to weep yet again when he was re-fired... thankfully, they fukt it up worse with Ed O...

Love ya, mean it, remind me to whack somebody for ya.... peace out.

SPMT
01-09-2018, 09:00 AM
Dude, seriously....it is as clear as day that Saban is the best college coach ever. Clear.

He?s done it in the most difficult era as well.

Miles isn?t even on the map, he doesn?t even get considered for jobs. As far as Miles offense, he ran spread concepts before Saban with Jefferson then went to the power I stuff.

Liverpooldawg
01-09-2018, 09:06 AM
LOL, this thread is hilarious. Saban is the best college coach ever, and it’s not even close. It seems nearly everyone knows this, except one Internet personality. Interesting.

RougeDawg
01-09-2018, 09:09 AM

Saban left Miles around the same time Saban?s former players left Miles. End of story.

Commercecomet24
01-09-2018, 09:16 AM
Gotta give Saban credit he had the balls to pull hurts and go with the true freshman. Don?t know many other coaches that would?ve done that, if any. It worked out for him.

K9 Avenger
01-09-2018, 09:27 AM
Can we "sticky" this stupid ass thread.....please....?

basedog
01-09-2018, 09:50 AM
Gotta give Saban credit he had the balls to pull hurts and go with the true freshman. Don?t know many other coaches that would?ve done that, if any. It worked out for him.

I said the same thing to a buddy last night.

Tbonewannabe
01-09-2018, 10:12 AM
Saban is amazing because not only does he have his team play at that level consistently regardless of the opponent but he is also willing to change it up. He has changed to more of a spread type offense at times. He is more likely to change than Mullen is. I hate Bama but you have to admire how hard and disciplined he gets his players to get after it every game with the exception of the LB last night who should have been thrown out of the game.

Les Miles is closer to Tommy Tubberville than he is Saban. Just like Belichick developing his coaching until now he is at the top of the game, Saban at Michigan St and even LSU wasn't fully developed until Bama. It very well might have been something he learned at Miami that he incorporated or just finally figured something else out but Saban is a better coach now than he was at LSU.

Commercecomet24
01-09-2018, 10:12 AM
I said the same thing to a buddy last night.

I thought it about it last night and could not come up with one single coach in this country that would've pulled a qb that has a 25-2 record and led his team to 2 straight NC games. It was an extremely gutsy call and one that could've backfired big time, but I guess he just proved once again why he is the greatest coach of this generation and maybe all time. I was beginning to think he might've slipped a little but I was wrong.

Tbonewannabe
01-09-2018, 10:16 AM
I thought it about it last night and could not come up with one single coach in this country that would've pulled a qb that has a 25-2 record and led his team to 2 straight NC games. It was an extremely gutsy call and one that could've backfired big time, but I guess he just proved once again why he is the greatest coach of this generation and maybe all time. I was beginning to think he might've slipped a little but I was wrong.

Sometimes it is just a gut feeling and maybe just decided to go with his gut. Did anyone ask him why he chose to pull Hurts? I turned it off as soon as they won since it was already past 12.

01-09-2018, 10:16 AM
All you guys jumping on Coach34, but I agree with him 100%. It seems silly now, but the viewpoint is correct. Georgia quit playing, handed them the game. They did not pressure Tua for some reason I cannot imagine, I guess they assumed he would make freshman mistakes. The referees also royally screwed Georgia and changed the game.

I have never seen a team that benefited from luck the way Alabama has. They are always the benefactor. They are never unlucky. Some of that is because of the talent level.

Saban can coach fundamentals and is a relentless recruiter. It works at Alabama. He can leave a lot to be desired in-game. 9 times out of 10, benching Hurts would have been disastrous. Lady Luck was riding with them last night.

basedog
01-09-2018, 10:19 AM

Hurts is a good runner, doesn't read coverage well at all, his receivers make him look better than what he really is as a QB.

Saban wasn't gonna win that game with Hurts playing the second half.

Btw I would take Fitz over Hurts all day everyday and twice on Sunday! Imagine Fitz playing in the Bama system and Hurts in ours, no contest.

msstate7
01-09-2018, 10:20 AM
All you guys jumping on Coach34, but I agree with him 100%. It seems silly now, but the viewpoint is correct. Georgia quit playing, handed them the game. They did not pressure Tua for some reason I cannot imagine, I guess they assumed he would make freshman mistakes. The referees also royally screwed Georgia and changed the game.

I have never seen a team that benefited from luck the way Alabama has. They are always the benefactor. They are never unlucky. Some of that is because of the talent level.

Saban can coach fundamentals and is a relentless recruiter. It works at Alabama. He can leave a lot to be desired in-game. 9 times out of 10, benching Hurts would have been disastrous. Lady Luck was riding with them last night.

I saw lots of pressure on tua. Tua escapes pressure a few times to make plays and stood in there big time and made throws on others. Georgia had 3 sacks... all on tua

Commercecomet24
01-09-2018, 10:23 AM
Hurts is a good runner, doesn't read coverage well at all, his receivers make him look better than what he really is as a QB.

Saban wasn't gonna win that game with Hurts playing the second half.

Btw I would take Fitz over Hurts all day everyday and twice on Sunday! Imagine Fitz playing in the Bama system and Hurts in ours, no contest.

Agreed.

Commercecomet24
01-09-2018, 10:25 AM
Sometimes it is just a gut feeling and maybe just decided to go with his gut. Did anyone ask him why he chose to pull Hurts? I turned it off as soon as they won since it was already past 12.

Yeah Saban basically said he knew they were gonna have to throw more in the second half to win and that's why he made the change.

tcdog70
01-09-2018, 12:23 PM
it is not surprising, Saban sees both QBs everyday. Saban Knew being down 13-0 with Hurts --he was a beat ass. Saban knew He had to throw the ball--Tua>Hurts..It ain't rocket surgery**. An the fact Bama-got a no-call (facemask penalty)--A bogus off-sides penalty--an Iffy pass interference penalty and their OL were allowed to hold on every play--sometime an OL held two diffrent players on one play. Ga. can join many other teams that got Bammered.

sonofozarka
01-09-2018, 02:59 PM

I don't know that I've ever seen this much wrong in one thread posted by one person... every one of these takes aged beautifully.

And to say "who's to say they wouldn't have come back and won with Hurts," LOL. And that Miles was better than Saban UNTIL 2011 (worst take of all time).

Also, LSU has had more draft picks and currently has more players than Bama in the NFL, so the "most talented team" is a stretch also. They're certainly as talented, but there are probably 4-6 teams across the country that are close to Bama in talent in any given year.

But if anyone can paint 5 titles and 9 years as an underachievement and have their sheep eat it up, it's you and these dumbasses around here

bamadog
01-11-2018, 12:52 AM

You serious Clark?? They had more starters get hurt this year than I?ve ever seen. They had their best Olinemen get hurt in the beginning of the second half. A player collapsed on the sideline during the game. You can say lots of things about this bama team but lucky isn?t one of them.

TUSK
01-11-2018, 01:38 AM
You serious Clark?? They had more starters get hurt this year than I?ve ever seen. They had their best Olinemen get hurt in the beginning of the second half. A player collapsed on the sideline during the game. You can say lots of things about this bama team but lucky isn?t one of them.

That was actually one of his "better" posts... go back and look at a few...

DownwardDawg
01-11-2018, 08:27 AM
Saban is the greatest college football coach of all time. There is no arguing that. However I stick by my original post. I used to get pissed at him because when his game plan wouldn’t work I would see him get frustrated and I’ve seen other coaches out coach him in a game situation. I enjoy watching Bama play so I watch all of their games. Saban is great, but he is human!!!!!

I love this Tua kid!!!!! I’ll be cheering for that kid to win all of his games except against our Bulldogs!!