PDA

View Full Version : For all you people thinking LSU will score 40 on us...

Coach34
10-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Vegas has the line at 9 1/2
Vegas has the O/U at 54 1/2

Vegas doesnt think LSU will score 40...They are obviously thinking its going to be a 32-22 game or somewhere in that range

Just something for people that seem to think Vegas "is right most of the time" as I see posted here

DownwardDawg
10-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Vegas must think we are better than ole miss right now. LSU is equal to or better than Bama right now.

engie
10-01-2013, 05:16 PM
First team to 30 wins.

I think we can take away their run game provided we can establish our own somewhat and not wear the defense out early. I have no idea if we can take away Landry and Beckham. What's the word on Taveze? Still no answers out there I've seen about this...and his health for us makes a huge difference in my outlook...

ETA: By using adjustedstats(which attempts to determine "how good" something actually is independent of SOS), it has us as the #1 defense in the country in terms of adjusted pass yards/game. This presumably has a ton to do with how we shut down Troy and Ok State through the air, two traditionally prolific passing teams...

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20131001-kprn-61kb.jpg

HancockCountyDog
10-01-2013, 05:21 PM
First team to 30 wins.

I think we can take away their run game. I have no idea if we can take away Landry and Beckham. What's the word on Taveze? Still no answers out there I've seen about this...and it makes a huge difference...

I don't think anyone in the country can take away Landry and Beckham. Im not sure there is a better WR tandem in the NCAA.

The only thing I feel sure about is that this is the worst LSU defense we might ever see in the forseeable future. They just aren't that good this year. If we can limit their offense, we really should win the game. I know this won't be a popular opinion since we have a lot of doom and gloom around here, I just think we can slow them down on offense, and their defense is vulnerable.

War Machine Dawg
10-01-2013, 07:16 PM
I'll be shocked if they score anywhere close to 40 on us. I think we've got a top 3-4 D in the SEC. We'll give up some yards, but that's the new college football. I think a whole lot of teams will be wishing for our D by the end of the season. The rest of the season hinges on the performance of our O.

chef dixon
10-01-2013, 07:36 PM
First team to 30 wins.

I think we can take away their run game provided we can establish our own somewhat and not wear the defense out early. I have no idea if we can take away Landry and Beckham. What's the word on Taveze? Still no answers out there I've seen about this...and his health for us makes a huge difference in my outlook...

ETA: By using adjustedstats(which attempts to determine "how good" something actually is independent of SOS), it has us as the #1 defense in the country in terms of adjusted pass yards/game. This presumably has a ton to do with how we shut down Troy and Ok State through the air, two traditionally prolific passing teams...

We haven't scored 30 on LSU since 2000, and we lost.

Homedawg
10-01-2013, 07:46 PM
I'm normally a huge pessimist, yet, I'm saying take us getting the points and I think we will be there at then end and won't be shocked if we win. Keep in mind I said we would lose to auburn so I'm not drinking the kool aid, just think we will be ready and have a great plan.

engie
10-01-2013, 07:50 PM
We haven't scored 30 on LSU since 2000, and we lost.

LSU hasn't had a defense on pace to be this bad since 1993. So, there's that...

preachermatt83
10-01-2013, 07:50 PM
the pessimistic me says this is how it unfolds , Our defense will keep us in the game but mullen and the offense will blow it for us and we will end up seeing LSU pull away late.
The optimistic me....well he's not saying anything

Coach34
10-01-2013, 08:28 PM
LSU hasn't had a defense on pace to be this bad since 1993. So, there's that...

This is what people are missing- that defense is not good right now- it's young and it's back-ups are greener than a zucchini