PDA

View Full Version : women's team SEC title race

drummerdawg
01-07-2018, 05:17 PM
I feel pretty confident it's a 3-way race right now between State, Tennessee and South Carolina. SC just lost and are now a game behind both State and Tenn.

Check out this stretch Tennessee has coming up...

@ #19 A&M
@ #4 SC
@ #2 Notre Dame
vs #5 MSU

Those are their next 4 games. I know Notre Dame isn't an SEC game, but damn that's a tough stretch. We need them to lose a couple of those. Then they still have to play @ LSU, @ Mizzou, then have another game with A&M and SC at home.

As for South Carolina, they play Tennessee twice (one at home and one away), and play in Starkville. They don't have as tough of a schedule left. We really need to beat them this year.

Every road game is tough, but the 2 road games that stand out to me for State are @ Tenn and @ Mizzou. The other 2 games that stand out are A&M and SC at home.

I'll feel good if we can keep our losses under 3. Would be great if the girls could get the program's first SEC title! Could a 3 loss team win the SEC this year? What do y'all think of our chances?

99jc
01-07-2018, 05:24 PM
I feel pretty confident it's a 3-way race right now between State, Tennessee and South Carolina. SC just lost and are now a game behind both State and Tenn.

@ #19 A&M
@ #4 SC
@ #2 Notre Dame
vs #5 MSU

Those are their next 4 games. I know Notre Dame isn't an SEC game, but damn that's a tough stretch. We need them to lose a couple of those. Then they still have to play @ LSU, @ Mizzou, then have another game with A&M and SC at home.

As for South Carolina, they play Tennessee twice (one at home and one away), and play in Starkville. They don't have as tough of a schedule left. We really need to beat them this year.

Every road game is tough, but the 2 road games that stand out to me for State are @ Tenn and @ Mizzou. The other 2 games that stand out are A&M and SC at home.

I'll feel good if we can keep our losses under 3. Would be great if the girls could get the program's first SEC title! Could a 3 loss team win the SEC this year? What do y'all think of our chances?

nm

Apoplectic
01-07-2018, 05:33 PM

@ #19 A&M
@ #4 SC
@ #2 Notre Dame
vs #5 MSU

Since i would rather listen to aikmen than look deep into scam Newton?s eyes, I like our chances beating he hens in Vegas especially using my transitive data of lsu>Mizzou>hens

Jacksondevildog
01-07-2018, 05:37 PM
At Missouri, Tennessee and home to USC, aTm, and South Carolina. I think we go 3-2 in those 5 games. I could easily see us losing 3 games. If McCowan gets in early foul trouble in a big game, it could cost us big time. We haven't played anyone yet that can capitalize on us with her on the bench.

ScoobaDawg
01-07-2018, 09:17 PM
We also get USC in Starkville a few days after they play UCONN

I_Spy
01-07-2018, 09:27 PM
I love the women and they do set a high example. VV, Morgan and the rest have off days shooting too, but they work harder when it happens, get offensive boards and such, steals, they turn into aggressive women quite honestly. And yes, will be hard to beat.

Political Hack
01-08-2018, 09:51 AM
I think we beat SC at home in a packed house, but worry about playing them in the tourney.

CarolinaDawgs
01-08-2018, 10:10 AM
I think we beat SC at home in a packed house, but worry about playing them in the tourney.

Surely they would put us on opposite sides of the bracket in hopes for a potential rematch?
Also, Same with UCONN?

Coach34
01-08-2018, 10:15 AM
Surely they would put us on opposite sides of the bracket in hopes for a potential rematch?
Also, Same with UCONN?

We are fighting for a 1 seed. UConn and Notre Dame likely get a 1- so that leaves us, SC, Louisville, Tenn, and a few others fighting for those other 2.

CarolinaDawgs
01-08-2018, 10:20 AM
Also, Same with UCONN?

We are fighting for a 1 seed. UConn and Notre Dame likely get a 1- so that leaves us, SC, Louisville, Tenn, and a few others fighting for those other 2.

Not sure this answers the question.. I would think UCONN will be on other side of bracket as 1 seed, there fore only possible rematch is NC. I also think the same about SC if they get a 1 or 2 seed. What say you?

Coach34
01-08-2018, 10:41 AM
Not sure this answers the question.. I would think UCONN will be on other side of bracket as 1 seed, there fore only possible rematch is NC. I also think the same about SC if they get a 1 or 2 seed. What say you?

just have to see how the rest of the season shakes out. Cant answer that until we see where the top 4 teams stand.

preachermatt83
01-08-2018, 02:26 PM
I worry more about tenn. we will beat SC. Possibly by double digits. They are gonna have a bad matchup problem with us on the perimeter

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-08-2018, 02:53 PM
We also get USC in Starkville a few days after they play UCONN

Yes right after we're on the road at Missouri.

Coach34
01-08-2018, 02:55 PM
I worry more about tenn. we will beat SC. Possibly by double digits. They are gonna have a bad matchup problem with us on the perimeter

If Wilson gets McCowan in early foul trouble- SC could beat us by double digits. Thats why we play the games

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-08-2018, 02:56 PM
You might as well get ready for 3 or more losses in conference play. It is going to happen. But as you saw last year we went to the NC with 3 conference losses so it really don't matter.

Ezsoil
01-08-2018, 06:55 PM

Well SC will be tough because Vic WILL NOT under any circumstances play a zone....that has been Missouri's formula for beating them the last two years circling Wilson and force SC to beat them from the outside... so I look for a lot of dribble drives to the basket ....that is how to beat a Schaefer coached team....

Liverpooldawg
01-08-2018, 07:23 PM

The South Carolina game basically depends on if fouls that are normally called on players are called on Wilson. If they aren't, and they usually aren't with her, you can't beat them.