PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playoffs

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2018, 03:49 PM
Blake Bortles is awful. Kind of like Fitz but with less speed & less conviction in his throws.

It's infuriating to watch Jax challenge a Bills' player stepping out of bounds prior to a catch & then know that we didn't do the same vs Alabama with the Ridley catch and vs Louisville with the personal foul, late hit, in bounds fumble.

I really hope that Moorhead builds a more effective process in coaches communication that allows us to become better at challenging bad calls. It always seemed a cluster with Mullen. Every year it seems like we lost in game in which a blown call happened in the game that could've been challenged.

Alabama 2018
Houston in Mullen's first year
The Auburn 1st down didn't make the stick
etc, I'm sure there were many more.

I'm not sure what Don's issue was with challenging plays, but my guess is there was a breakdown in who's responsibility it was & the timely communication of what needed to be done.

shoeless joe
01-07-2018, 04:25 PM
Also in the 11 auburn game Ballard scored on 3rd down before relf was stuffed.

bulldawg28
01-07-2018, 04:33 PM
Bortles is terrible. They would be a legitimate threat with a decent Qb. I'd trade for Alex Smith if I were them.

BuckyIsAB****
01-07-2018, 05:42 PM
Blake Bortles is awful. Kind of like Fitz but with less speed & less conviction in his throws.

It's infuriating to watch Jax challenge a Bills' player stepping out of bounds prior to a catch & then know that we didn't do the same vs Alabama with the Ridley catch and vs Louisville with the personal foul, late hit, in bounds fumble.

I really hope that Moorhead builds a more effective process in coaches communication that allows us to become better at challenging bad calls. It always seemed a cluster with Mullen. Every year it seems like we lost in game in which a blown call happened in the game that could've been challenged.

Alabama 2018
Houston in Mullen's first year
The Auburn 1st down didn't make the stick
etc, I'm sure there were many more.

I'm not sure what Don's issue was with challenging plays, but my guess is there was a breakdown in who's responsibility it was & the timely communication of what needed to be done.

Dixon scored against LSU in 09

thf24
01-07-2018, 06:00 PM

Completely agree on the Ridley one, but would the other have been reversible? I don't think so because a personal foul other than targeting was involved, which isn't reviewable as far as I know.

Bully13
01-07-2018, 06:01 PM
Breeze has an arm. an I'm not talking about a JWS injury.

RougeDawg
01-07-2018, 06:03 PM
Also in the 11 auburn game Ballard scored on 3rd down before relf was stuffed.

Plus Boobie Dixon scoring against LSU before mini Lee?s jump pass was batted down. The refs actually reviewed the 3rd down Dixon play after Dixon got in on 2nd down. We lost by less than a TD.

Tbonewannabe
01-07-2018, 07:11 PM
Bortles is terrible. They would be a legitimate threat with a decent Qb. I'd trade for Alex Smith if I were them.

Case Keenum is a free agent. Pick him up and maybe draft Lamar Jackson or Baker.

msstate7
01-07-2018, 07:30 PM
Case Keenum is a free agent. Pick him up and maybe draft Lamar Jackson or Baker.

See if Manning is available. TC at Jacksonville now, so there is a relationship there

bulldawg28
01-07-2018, 08:08 PM

Baker in that offense would be scary.

bulldawg28
01-07-2018, 08:11 PM
See if Manning is available. TC at Jacksonville now, so there is a relationship there

Int Manning?

msstate7
01-07-2018, 08:21 PM
Int Manning?

Eli

Tbonewannabe
01-07-2018, 09:06 PM
Eli

They basically fired their coach over how Eli was handled. They might draft someone but it will be on the Favre plan. New guy will probably sit for 3 years.

Political Hack
01-08-2018, 09:47 AM

After Lamar’s game in Jax, I doubt they go after him strong. He struggles big time with his accuracy and you know the Jags watched that one closely.

I’m one of the few that still like Bortles. He does struggle a lot, but he’s better than Eli, Cutler, and several other steady NFL QBs. I think there’s an unrealistic expectation on QBs now. You can’t just be a Trent Dilfer anymore. Fans won’t accept it.

Coach34
01-08-2018, 10:04 AM
No way I draft Jackson- but Mayfield is headed to Cleveland. Jacksonville needs to go after Keenum and draft another in the 3rd round or so. This is not a good QB class imo

msstate7
01-08-2018, 10:06 AM
No way I draft Jackson- but Mayfield is headed to Cleveland. Jacksonville needs to go after Keenum and draft another in the 3rd round or so. This is not a good QB class imo

You think mayfield goes ahead of the So-cal boys? I hope mayfield lands somewhere other than cleveland (perhaps NOLA) bc I like him, a lot

Coach34
01-08-2018, 10:11 AM
Mayfield should easily be the 1st QB drafted

CarolinaDawgs
01-08-2018, 10:12 AM
You think mayfield goes ahead of the So-cal boys? I hope mayfield lands somewhere other than cleveland (perhaps NOLA) bc I like him, a lot

Brees would be the perfect mentor for Mayfield IMO

msstate7
01-08-2018, 10:12 AM
Mayfield should easily be the 1st QB drafted

I agree with you.

msstate7
01-08-2018, 10:13 AM
Brees would be the perfect mentor for Mayfield IMO

Probably will not be there at pick 32 _;)

Tbonewannabe
01-08-2018, 10:13 AM
If I am Cleveland then I draft Barkley #1 and draft a QB at #4. Indy takes Barkely at #3 if he is there but won't take a QB. Let the Giants draft whichever QB they want unless there is a big difference between the one you want and the others. I wouldn't draft a QB at #4 unless I actually thought they had a chance to be good. I might try and get Brissett from Indy since Luck will be back or Keenum if possible. The talking heads were talking yesterday that Keenum might go wherever Shumer becomes a head coach.

Tbonewannabe
01-08-2018, 10:18 AM
Who is the best QB by the Bill Parcells rules? I can't remember them all but it had a bottom line for completion percentage and TD/Int Ratio. I would probably try to get Baker at #4 if I was Cleveland. He seems like he has the swagger that Cleveland desperately needs. Just don't let Baker and Josh Gordon start hanging out at the club or your team would go down the shitter.

Coach34
01-08-2018, 11:00 AM
I'd draft Mayfield 1st and then drop back from 4 to get more picks. You can get a RB anywhere. 0-16 means a severe lack of talent. They need more picks to build more talent. The Patriots do it every year.

smootness
01-08-2018, 11:15 AM
I'd draft Mayfield 1st and then drop back from 4 to get more picks. You can get a RB anywhere. 0-16 means a severe lack of talent. They need more picks to build more talent. The Patriots do it every year.

You can easily get Mayfield at 4 if you want him, and trading back from 1 will net you a good bit more than the 4.

Tbonewannabe
01-08-2018, 12:03 PM

I guess it depends on if you think Barkley is closer to the Gurley, Bell, or Fournette mold. You take any of those 3 RBs off that team and they probably don't make the Playoffs. If someone doesn't see that big of a difference between him and Love then you could drop back and maybe pick up another 2nd round pick and still get Love. Although, if you could get Baker and Barkely then you at least have some big playmakers to add to Josh Gordon. Offense at least sells tickets.

msstate7
01-08-2018, 12:13 PM
I guess it depends on if you think Barkley is closer to the Gurley, Bell, or Fournette mold. You take any of those 3 RBs off that team and they probably don't make the Playoffs. If someone doesn't see that big of a difference between him and Love then you could drop back and maybe pick up another 2nd round pick and still get Love. Although, if you could get Baker and Barkely then you at least have some big playmakers to add to Josh Gordon. Offense at least sells tickets.

Barkley is reminds me more of kamara, who is outstanding

Tbonewannabe
01-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Barkley is reminds me more of kamara, who is outstanding

Yes, he immediately helps you in every facet of offensive football. He can return kicks along with being an every down back. He is outstanding catching passes out of the backfield and also lines up in the slot. He reminds me of a thicker Laveon Bell.

Also everyone says he is exactly the player you want off the field as well. He is supposed to be a high character guy which always helps.

Cooterpoot
01-08-2018, 12:17 PM
I took the Browns to the super bowl right after coffee this morning.

Tbonewannabe
01-08-2018, 12:21 PM
I took the Browns to the super bowl right after coffee this morning.

Did you have a "float" in their 0-16 parade? I flush a Cleveland parade float every afternoon. Cleveland seems to be a very "special" place. Oddly enough with the Cavs and Indians, Cleveland probably has 2 of the best franchises in sports right now. The Browns seems to be the turd in the punch bowl.

msstate7
01-08-2018, 12:23 PM
If browns work these 3 picks in first 33 correctly, they could turn this thing around quickly.

Tbonewannabe
01-08-2018, 12:26 PM
If browns work these 3 picks in first 33 correctly, they could turn this thing around quickly.

They could easily do what the Jags did and get some key free agents to improve their defense. Do they let Hue Jackson coach next year? He wasn't exactly dealt a winning hand but he also won 1 game in 2 years.

msstate7
01-08-2018, 12:28 PM
They could easily do what the Jags did and get some key free agents to improve their defense. Do they let Hue Jackson coach next year? He wasn't exactly dealt a winning hand but he also won 1 game in 2 years.

Jackson coming back

Tbonewannabe
01-08-2018, 12:33 PM
Jackson coming back

If there really is trouble in Pats land then I don't know why you don't throw some Gruden money at Belichek and see if he comes back to the Browns. I haven't exactly watched Browns games but 1 win in 2 years is what most of the guys on this board could do calling plays on a Xbox. I do like the fact that they are giving him a chance after tanking for a couple of years.

Dallas_Dawg
01-08-2018, 01:12 PM
Belicheat is going to go to NYG if he leaves, IMO