PDA

View Full Version : This field in LA is a mess

Irondawg
01-06-2018, 09:43 PM
Players are slipping all over the place. I guess I?ve never understood why fields replace the turf so much sometimes.

Goldendawg
01-06-2018, 09:46 PM
I don't understand why the NFL let two teams go back there either. History shows they will barely support one, much less two. Chargers couldn't even fill a 26K soccer stadium this season.

TTrams
01-06-2018, 11:32 PM
Ole Miss' favorite USA Today writer...

Dan Wolken‏Verified account
@DanWolken
Following Following @DanWolken
More
Apparently Mississippi State horticulturists grew the Rose Bowl field, which was perfect. This field must have been a Pac 12 production. Yet another win for the SEC

10:06 PM - 6 Jan 2018

https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/949854638550999040

coachnorm
01-07-2018, 12:04 PM
I don't understand why the NFL let two teams go back there either. History shows they will barely support one, much less two. Chargers couldn't even fill a 26K soccer stadium this season.

Because of litigation in the 1980s when Al Davis sued and prevailed against the NFL, the Courts have emphatically stated that the NFL can not impede an owners effort to relocate his property. FYI, the Courts punished the NFL for their collusion against Al Davis. I think Davis pocketed about $80 Million after costs. Various aspects of litigation reached the Federal 9th Circuit and the California Supreme Court. If the NFL tries to impede a relocation, it will be in contempt of Court Jurisdiction and will pay dearly monetarily. Sadly, the NFL has the power to silence ESPN which could educate the masses on team relocation?

Bothrops
01-07-2018, 12:24 PM
San Diego should have never lost their team. They could have easily had a new stadium 10 years ago.

coachnorm
01-07-2018, 12:51 PM
San Diego should have never lost their team. They could have easily had a new stadium 10 years ago.

San Diego was cursed with a cheap a$$ owner who had a stadium rent free and he complained that he could not get parking and concessions money also. The owner has no business skills, thus no ability to find investors to build a stadium. The owners father was the initial family owner and the brains behind everything. All the owner did was threaten to leave to leverage against the San Diego taxpayers. Los Angeles has a ruthless businessman running his show. Big non taxpayer money is the majority funding for the Los Angeles Stadium. The San Diego taxpayers refused to be swindled and now Spanos Junior is Kronkie's tenant and nothing else.