PDA

View Full Version : Free throws- 9 of 17,

Mutt the Hoople
01-06-2018, 06:48 PM
We make 6 of those, we tie (more than likely, we win). However, "free throws" just isn't a big priority with Mississippi State.

HoopsDawg
01-06-2018, 06:50 PM
We make 6 of those, we tie (more than likely, we win). However, "free throws" just isn't a big priority with Mississippi State.

Yeah, that's bad, but we were 0-13 from 3 in the 2nd half.

RougeDawg
01-06-2018, 06:52 PM
Yeah, that's bad, but we were 0-13 from 3 in the 2nd half.

Why did we keep jacking up threes at the end when we still had a lead or tied? X shot three bricks himself, I believe.

HoopsDawg
01-06-2018, 07:25 PM
Why did we keep jacking up threes at the end when we still had a lead or tied? X shot three bricks himself, I believe.

Eli Wright is shooting 15% so he should never shoot. But Tyson Carter had 2 wide open 3's, he has to take. They both went in and out. Q missed an open shot. X took a couple of bad shots, but he has made them recently. Nick took one with the shot clock winding down. Holman took an ill-advised 3, but he's our best shooter percentage wise. Peters took an awful 3.

I don't know, we play 4 guards, you would think one of them could make a shot. This is not on Howland.

msstate7
01-06-2018, 07:27 PM
Eli Wright is shooting 15% so he should never shoot. But Tyson Carter had 2 wide open 3's, he has to take. They both went in and out. Q missed an open shot. X took a couple of bad shots, but he has made them recently. Nick took one with the shot clock winding down. Holman took an ill-advised 3, but he's our best shooter percentage wise. Peters took an awful 3.

I don't know, we play 4 guards, you would think one of them could make a shot. This is not on Howland.

Howland recruits and determines the lineups... the buck stops with him

HoopsDawg
01-06-2018, 07:40 PM
Howland recruits and determines the lineups... the buck stops with him

Of course. It's year 3 after coming off self imposed death penalty. It's unfortunate that Carter, Peters and Q aren't shooting well. The guy has been to 3 straight final 4's. I'm going to give him a lot of rope.

msstate7
01-06-2018, 07:42 PM
I'm going to give him a lot of rope.

And we should. I am mad and stupid. Howland will get us right. Msstate7 is just a clown

Commercecomet24
01-06-2018, 07:46 PM
Of course. It's year 3 after coming off self imposed death penalty. It's unfortunate that Carter, Peters and Q aren't shooting well. The guy has been to 3 straight final 4's. I'm going to give him a lot of rope.

Yeah it?s still early in the season. It suck losing to unm and we got things to improve on offensively but our defense and rebounding is top notch. Howland hasn?t forgotten how to coach. Lot of season left.

RougeDawg
01-06-2018, 07:50 PM
We have to beat auburn next Saturday to right the ship. At Florida will be tough to win but auburn at home will be winnable.