PDA

View Full Version : Still believe in this b-ball team or Howland?

Thick
01-06-2018, 06:35 PM
Piss poor b-ball the last 5 minutes of the game!

civildawg
01-06-2018, 06:36 PM
I never believed this year. When we barely beat usm I knew we sucked. We just got lucky against arky

bluelightstar
01-06-2018, 06:39 PM
This team just needs to practice shooting and thats it

msugolf
01-06-2018, 06:39 PM
Nope. Never did. The same problems follow Howland everywhere he goes. Absolutely no offensive identity with NBA players at UCLA and even worse with non-nba players here.

And people wonder why our fans don?t care about basketball anymore.

DogsofAnarchy
01-06-2018, 06:40 PM
We will learn that with under 4:00 min that you have to get to the rim or the free throw line!!

msstate7
Howland is not a good coach anymore. He is a good recruiter though

DogsofAnarchy
Piss poor b-ball the last 5 minutes of the game!

Yes....I believe in coach Howland.

Thick
01-06-2018, 06:41 PM
This team’s b-ball IQ is on the Poe level.....which is “crayon eating and window licking”! Stop shooting 3’s and attack the rim and the paint!!!

Dawgology
01-06-2018, 06:41 PM

This. Seems likes the game has passed him by.

Commercecomet24
01-06-2018, 07:34 PM
This team’s b-ball IQ is on the Poe level.....which is “crayon eating and window licking”! Stop shooting 3’s and attack the rim and the paint!!!

This is what I don?t understand. All the penetrators we have and we pass around the perimeter and jack up 3?s. Gotta penetrate and attack especially with people zoning us.

Bdawg
01-06-2018, 07:36 PM
We will learn that with under 4:00 min that you have to get to the rim or the free throw line!!

Can’t finish at the rim for a 3 pt play or make a free throw, though

HoopsDawg
01-06-2018, 07:38 PM

You have gone full retard today. We play good defense, we rebound, we play good in transition, and we get open shots. We just can't make them. I fail to see how that makes Howland a bad coach.

msstate7
01-06-2018, 07:40 PM
You have gone full retard today. We play good defense, we rebound, we play good in transition, and we get open shots. We just can't make them. I fail to see how that makes Howland a bad coach.

I know. I am just pissed and stupid. I will Love howland again in 45 mins so so.

Bully13
01-06-2018, 07:41 PM

This, and it is MORE than evident. let's not let things deteriorate further. I'm not sure he's the main reason for the crootin' anymore either.

I'm ready for a change. 17 this guy. he is either NOT qualified or does not give a 17. either way, 17 him. this shit is getting old. and so is Howland.

ZedFedder
01-06-2018, 07:43 PM
Yeah, Howland’s offensive scheme is really bad. I know a guy who had an 84% career win percentage in high school hoops and he does not think he can coach offense whatsoever.

msstate7
01-06-2018, 07:44 PM
This, and it is MORE than evident. let's not let things deteriorate further. I'm not sure he's the main reason for the crootin' anymore either.

I'm ready for a change. 17 thisi guy. he is either NOT qualified or does not give a 17. either way, 17 him. this shit is getting old. and so is Howland.

Bully, we pissed.... I get it. Do not be stupid with me though... howland will get us right.

Bdawg
01-06-2018, 07:49 PM

I like Howland but we didn’t adjust to the 1-3-1. Why did we look lost is my question? But the rest is on the players and there ability to shoot the ball

WeWonItAll(Most)
01-06-2018, 07:49 PM
we play good in transition
this is about all we do well on offense. Everything went to shit with about 8 minutes left when we started trying to eat clock and quit trying to get transition buckets.

Dawgface
01-06-2018, 08:01 PM
Let me know when we start beating OM again and I might get interested. Same old shit.

Quaoarsking
01-06-2018, 08:07 PM
Good teams routinely lose on the road in the SEC. No need for a meltdown yet, especially when we all knew that we're not really even a particularly good team.

WeWonItAll(Most)
01-06-2018, 08:15 PM
Good teams routinely lose on the road in the SEC. No need for a meltdown yet, especially when we all knew that we're not really even a particularly good team.

Yup. We're an average SEC team. The problem is this year "average SEC team" might be 10-11th best in the conference because of how many good teams there are. Our fanbase has been looking for a reason to meltdown and give up all season though, and the team served up the opportunity on a silver platter tonight. That's what you're seeing now.

mparkerfd20
01-06-2018, 08:19 PM

I'm ready for a change. 17 this guy. he is either NOT qualified or does not give a 17. either way, 17 him. this shit is getting old. and so is Howland.

We agree.

Cooterpoot
01-06-2018, 09:54 PM
The SEC isn’t a great basketball conference and we’re on the low end of the conference. Our basketball program is basically garbage. We’re 2 seasons away from it being a damn decade since we made the NCAA tournament.

Goldendawg
01-06-2018, 10:16 PM
Hey, they're not our real rival anymore in men's BB, what 7 of last 8 have been losses, or FB as 4 of last 6 have been losses. Just another SEC opponent.*****

Bothrops
01-07-2018, 12:21 AM
Early 2010's...SEC basketball isn't any good. Poor coaching.

Mid 2010's...the new rules have screwed with the game. It's ruined. SEC basketball sucks.

Late 2010's...SEC basketball ****in' sucks/college basketball sucks. FTW!!

PassInterference
01-07-2018, 12:38 AM
I stopped believin.

MarketingBully
01-07-2018, 05:14 AM
I like Howland but we didn?t adjust to the 1-3-1. Why did we look lost is my question? But the rest is on the players and there ability to shoot the ball

My goodness you?re wrong here. They went to the 1-3-1 in the first half and we attacked it, penetrated, and shot our way out of it. In the second half several of our players went into retard mode instead of being patient like we were in the first half to attack it. We got 4-5 wide open looks against it in the second half and couldn?t knock them down. It?s pretty obvious to me our players aren?t working on shooting and free throw shooting on their own. Howland shouldn?t have to tell these kids hey maybe you should shoot and free throw shoot on your own. What lost us that game was 9/17 from the free throw line and 0-13 from the 3 point line in the second half. That?s not on Howland. It?s on our players to work on their own to get better at doing something we were 10x better at last year. This loss is on Q, Holman, and all of our so called player leaders on this team. Not Howland

MarketingBully
01-07-2018, 05:17 AM
The SEC isn’t a great basketball conference and we’re on the low end of the conference. Our basketball program is basically garbage. We’re 2 seasons away from it being a damn decade since we made the NCAA tournament.

That’s just special talk.....Home teams went 5-2 today with the two visiting teams needing a prayer shot and a steal layup at the buzzer to win...

Bothrops
01-07-2018, 12:34 PM

Losing to Ole Miss 8/9 is also why we garbage. But, if you look around, we aren't alone.