PDA

View Full Version : This team is sooooo Richard Williams basketball

Coach34
01-06-2018, 05:57 PM
It?s 1995 all over again. Love watching this team battle and scrap

Mutt the Hoople
01-06-2018, 06:04 PM
Bet the 1995 team could shoot free throws better.

maroonmania
01-06-2018, 06:08 PM
It?s 1995 all over again. Love watching this team battle and scrap

Except Wilson and Grant could shoot circles around our current players.

cheewgumm
01-06-2018, 06:12 PM
We should run more .

cheewgumm
01-06-2018, 06:20 PM
We could be good, but we're not right now.

We cant shoot good enough to make much noise. Hopefully that changes.

RougeDawg
01-06-2018, 06:37 PM
Horrible. Just horrible. Blowing two double digit leads just confirms our mental weakness as a team.

Liverpooldawg
01-06-2018, 06:45 PM
This team with Richard Williams coaching beats that UM team by 20.

SoylentGreen
01-06-2018, 08:13 PM
It does look like 1995 all over again. Good call. Just need to tweek the three point shooting.

Irondawg
01-06-2018, 08:22 PM
We are not like the 95 team. We play better defense but we aren?t great. We haven?t played a lot of talented offensive teams yet truth be told.

But we are good enough there. There is no excuse to have recruited this inept on offense though

Coach34
01-06-2018, 08:27 PM
William’s teams played really good D and then did what they could offensively to win games. This team is no different

Maroonthirteen
01-06-2018, 08:46 PM
Except Wilson and Grant could shoot circles around our current players.

TJ Honore could shoot circles around this team.

dawgman42
01-06-2018, 08:57 PM
Give me Darryl Wilson, T.J. Honore, Russell Walters/Brian Price, Erick Dampier, and Marcus Grant over this passive wallflower team any day.

Dawgface
01-06-2018, 09:26 PM
Yeah...nothing like watching this team scrap its way to another loss to OM.

Liverpooldawg
01-06-2018, 11:00 PM
William’s teams played really good D and then did what they could offensively to win games. This team is no different

That comment shows just how much you DON'T know about basketball.

TXDawg
01-06-2018, 11:31 PM
Give me Darryl Wilson, T.J. Honore, Russell Walters/Brian Price, Erick Dampier, and Marcus Grant over this passive wallflower team any day.

Don’t forget about Donte Jones.

Coach34
01-07-2018, 12:29 AM
That comment shows just how much you DON'T know about basketball.

you are such a basketball moron. It's scary. Richard Williams teams were known 100% for their D

Liverpooldawg
01-07-2018, 01:19 AM
you are such a basketball moron. It's scary. Richard Williams teams were known 100% for their D

Of course they were. That doesn't mean they were inept in half court offense, they were damn good at it. They could for sure set a screen, something we haven't been good at since Stans. ( and probabaly since Dick)

Maroonthirteen
01-07-2018, 06:56 AM
I can’t remember if it was 95 or 96, but a Richard Williams team, at OM. It was a close game or we were behind most of the game. Late in the game, coming out of a timeout, we neeeded a basket badly. We set a double high post screen, Daryl Wilson came around the screen. Caught the ball, shot ....net.

The difference in now and then, Wilson hit his shot. We had wide open looks yesterday down the stretch. Miss miss miss.

MarketingBully
01-07-2018, 07:42 AM
I can’t remember if it was 95 or 96, but a Richard Williams team, at OM. It was a close game or we were behind most of the game. Late in the game, coming out of a timeout, we neeeded a basket badly. We set a double high post screen, Daryl Wilson came around the screen. Caught the ball, shot ....net.

The difference in now and then, Wilson hit his shot. We had wide open looks yesterday down the stretch. Miss miss miss.

Tyson Carter had two wide open looks and bricked them in the second half. Doesn’t matter how you draw things up still have to have the players make plays.

MarketingBully
01-07-2018, 07:49 AM
Of course they were. That doesn't mean they were inept in half court offense, they were damn good at it. They could for sure set a screen, something we haven't been good at since Stans. ( and probabaly since Dick)

If Howland had Wilson today, we’d of beaten OM going away. Players still have to make plays. We set screens just fine. Are our guards using them correctly? That’s debatable. Ado got called for two foul calls that were totally Home cooking calls. That’s one of the big reasons why winning on the road is so tough. You have to face the crowd and the refs. With that said if we make 4-5 WIDE OPEN perimeter shots out of the 13 misses in the second half, we win this game going away. Players still have to make plays.

I seen it dawg
01-07-2018, 11:26 AM
I can’t watch pussified hoops. 2nd half i was reminded why i don’t watch it anymore. Free runs at the hoop? **** that. Lazy shit with guys just running around jacking shit up? Can’t do it. Men’s college basketball is hot garbage.

Coach34
01-07-2018, 11:34 AM

Only years we were decent on offense were when we had 00

RiverCityDawg
01-07-2018, 11:48 AM
I can’t watch pussified hoops. 2nd half i was reminded why i don’t watch it anymore. Free runs at the hoop? **** that. Lazy shit with guys just running around jacking shit up? Can’t do it. Men’s college basketball is hot garbage.

That's one thing people aren't talking about enough. We're focusing on the missed 3's. Okay, fine. But we let it affect our defense by giving free runs to the basket. Q and Nick both lost their on-ball intensity in those final minutes. They're our two best players! Richard Williams teams and even Stansbury teams (before the fall) didn't let bad offense affect their defense, but yesterday we folded like a cheap suit. It's coaching and leadership, and yesterday we we're lacking some of both.

TALL DAWG
01-07-2018, 04:23 PM
That's one thing people aren't talking about enough. We're focusing on the missed 3's. Okay, fine. But we let it affect our defense by giving free runs to the basket. Q and Nick both lost their on-ball intensity in those final minutes. They're our two best players! Richard Williams teams and even Stansbury teams (before the fall) didn't let bad offense affect their defense, but yesterday we folded like a cheap suit. It's coaching and leadership, and yesterday we we're lacking some of both.

Defense is extremely important no doubt but...If we stay in 14th position in FT and 3-pt shooting in conference...it won?t matter how well we play defense.
That offensive Dawg just won?t hunt.
Got to start taking LESS 3-pt shots.