PDA

View Full Version : You just have to love Andy Can.

starkvegasdawg
01-06-2018, 01:02 PM
Not only is he a great coach, he?s proving himself an elite recruiter, too. But what I like the best is extreme support of all our other sports. Saw where he tweeted how happy he was Sweat was coming back. He tweets more about good news in our other sports than he does about baseball.

msbulldog
01-06-2018, 02:32 PM
He's like 'The Most Intense Ba$tard' Cohen has always supported all our folks.

Bully13
01-06-2018, 02:39 PM
I'm starting to like Cann more and more. Thanks Vegas.

msbulldog
01-06-2018, 03:03 PM
I really like all our coaches and our AD, I like the direction of our Athletic department.

RougeDawg
01-06-2018, 04:21 PM
Cann will win it all if we keep him long enough. I say that because LSU will come calling soon. We have to do it before Manure-I retires.

ETA. He brings the same intensity as the previous coach but he adds in the teaching fundamental mechanics aspect that we needed in our program to win it all. Home run hire and season 2 will be special.

Tbonewannabe
01-06-2018, 04:37 PM
Cann will win it all if we keep him long enough. I say that because LSU will come calling soon. We have to do it before Manure-I retires.

ETA. He brings the same intensity as the previous coach but he adds in the teaching fundamental mechanics aspect that we needed in our program to win it all. Home run hire and season 2 will be special.

His dad played at USM and he played at Tulane. Other than coaching for a couple of years at LSU, I don't know why they would factor into anything. Baton Rouge is also a shit hole.

RocketDawg
01-06-2018, 04:51 PM

You think he'd go back to LSU if offered? We'll have a much nicer stadium then, the nicest in the SEC at least for a while. Not sure what OM's remodel will bring, but probably not as good as ours. And he'll have the team at least in the Top 10 then (I think). Mightbe easier to recruit there.

RougeDawg
01-06-2018, 05:11 PM
His dad played at USM and he played at Tulane. Other than coaching for a couple of years at LSU, I don't know why they would factor into anything. Baton Rouge is also a shit hole.

His family being 45 min vs 4 hours away will likely be the deciding factor. Unless he does win one with us and wants to make a name for him.

Commercecomet24
01-06-2018, 05:15 PM
I really like all our coaches and our AD, I like the direction of our Athletic department.

This! Best admin and coaches throughout the athletic dept in my lifetime by far!

Bully13
01-06-2018, 05:24 PM

bull 17ing shit. I hate these type of negative posts.

BuckyIsAB****
01-06-2018, 05:25 PM
I think he'd stay even if LSU offered. If he leaves as long as we have Cohen he will make a good hire. Hell he could take it back over himself and go old school

Bully13
01-06-2018, 05:26 PM

buzz kill / Cock Block post. congrats.

RougeDawg
01-06-2018, 05:30 PM
bull 17ing shit. I hate these type of negative posts.

I?m sorry you dictionary has reality as the definition of negativity.

LSU is a top program. Being able to coach a top program basically at home is a huge opportunity. Take off your maroon glasses and think if you?d rather take a job away from your family or accept a similar job where your parents can see their grandchildren easily.

Ignorance is bliss I presume.

preachermatt83
01-06-2018, 08:45 PM

I like every coach we have except studemann. She stinks.

Gutter Cobreh
01-06-2018, 09:36 PM

LSU is a top program. Being able to coach a top program basically at home is a huge opportunity. Take off your maroon glasses and think if you?d rather take a job away from your family or accept a similar job where your parents can see their grandchildren easily.

Please name another Athletic Director, whose background was being the baseball coach? Most ADs cater to football and/or basketball. I'd imagine we're a pretty sweet gig for a baseball coach as long as Cohen is the AD, so it will be hard for him to leave.

Regardless, I enjoy following him on Twitter. Dude is a beast in the weight room, and champions the school at every chance. He's awesome!

dickiedawg
01-06-2018, 09:58 PM
No one is going to have a ?much nicer stadium? than LSU.

Not saying our park won?t be nicer, but it won?t be some huge gap.

GreenheadDawg
01-06-2018, 11:33 PM

You been to the new box? I have several times and ours will be much nicer

preachermatt83
01-06-2018, 11:53 PM

Yup. Not even close.

msbulldog
01-07-2018, 04:29 AM
Please name another Athletic Director, whose background was being the baseball coach? Most ADs cater to football and/or basketball. I'd imagine we're a pretty sweet gig for a baseball coach as long as Cohen is the AD, so it will be hard for him to leave.

Regardless, I enjoy following him on Twitter. Dude is a beast in the weight room, and champions the school at every chance. He's awesome!

Ray Tanner. South Carolina

99jc
01-07-2018, 08:27 AM

Really Clark

Steakonastick
01-07-2018, 08:39 AM
Andy and his family are all in on MSU and Starkville. He also truly gets Starkville and our program. Do not even be worried about LSU.

I’m confident enough to say. There is a better chance of him coaching football, basketball, and baseball at State then going to LSU.

basedog
01-07-2018, 10:46 AM
Msu naysayers will never go away! Why even commit about Cann after one season about him leaving.

Enjoy the moment, quit worrying about things you don't know about.

I seen it dawg
01-07-2018, 11:23 AM

He’s not an LSU guy

I seen it dawg
01-07-2018, 11:24 AM
I don’t think some quite understand exactly what we have hired to be our head baseball coach

dickiedawg
01-07-2018, 04:31 PM
I have been. It?s a nice park.
I fully expect our stadium to be the nicest park in the country. But it?s not like we?ll be the only school with a great ballpark.

DownwardDawg
01-07-2018, 04:42 PM

It won't be close unless they upgrade again pretty quick.

Sundawg1974
01-07-2018, 04:56 PM

Skip Bertman

RougeDawg
01-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Msu naysayers will never go away! Why even commit about Cann after one season about him leaving.

Enjoy the moment, quit worrying about things you don't know about.

Ok so I don?t know his family lives in Mandeville. I don?t know how much praise he was given by LSU and the local media for their offensive turnaround. I don?t know how much Manure-I said he would be missed. I don?t know that just about every LSU baseball person you speak to said he?s their main target when manure-I retires.

I?m sorry that reality trumps maroon colored glasses. I?ve been on board since day one because we finally have a coach who will actually develop the talent he gets and not micro manage.

You have to be completely oblivious to think we have him locked up as long as we want him. And for those who say his family is all in on MSU. I think we all heard that too from a recently departed head coach. Why would they say anything different.

I?m just being realistic when I say that all things being just about equal in a job, 99/100 people will choose living close to home especially with young kids. My bad for thinking logically. I just love the people throw out comments like “you don’t know what you are talking about” when it’s something they don’t want to hear. Like the alcoholic saying they don’t have a problem.

basedog
01-07-2018, 05:39 PM
Ok so I don?t know his family lives in Mandeville. I don?t know how much praise he was given by LSU and the local media for their offensive turnaround. I don?t know how much Manure-I said he would be missed. I don?t know that just about every LSU baseball person you speak to said he?s their main target when manure-I retires.

I?m sorry that reality trumps maroon colored glasses. I?ve been on board since day one because we finally have a coach who will actually develop the talent he gets and not micro manage.

You have to be completely oblivious to think we have him locked up as long as we want him. And for those who say his family is all in on MSU. I think we all heard that too from a recently departed head coach. Why would they say anything different.

I?m just being realistic when I say that all things being just about equal in a job, 99/100 people will choose living close to home especially with young kids. My bad for thinking logically. I just love the people throw out comments like “you don’t know what you are talking about” when it’s something they don’t want to hear. Like the alcoholic saying they don’t have a problem.

I never said we have him locked up. I said after one season folks are saying Lsu will call and he is gone which is foolish to worry about. Be happy we have a talented baseball Coach who has shown nothing but love to our others programs. I also stated quit worrying about things you don't know about.
Btw, my Lsu buddies say there isn't much love between Cann and Minute Man! Nor do they like how Cohen handled the situation with their AD.

Coach34
01-07-2018, 05:42 PM
The only reason to leave State for LSU would be due to the easier funding of scholarships for players

RougeDawg
01-07-2018, 05:54 PM
I never said we have him locked up. I said after one season folks are saying Lsu will call and he is gone which is foolish to worry about. Be happy we have a talented baseball Coach who has shown nothing but love to our others programs. I also stated quit worrying about things you don't know about.
Btw, my Lsu buddies say there isn't much love between Cann and Minute Man! Nor do they like how Cohen handled the situation with their AD.

Who are your LSU buddies? That?s all I work with down here and Cann is their perceived reason for the offensive turnaround 3 years ago. Every interview Manure-I gave on news during their post season runs were nothing but praise for Canns work with the hitters and their dramatic turnaround. This is why I was happy to have him. Every person in this area praised Cann for his teaching of the game and getting player buy in. The LSU people hated that he went to their real rival because they know we are one of a few of sec teams that can knock them down a peg or two.

I?m hoping he can win big soon and get a taste and want to stay for a while. I expect a huge improvement this spring, being that he only had a few months with the team before last year. If the players buy in and learn from him, there?s no reason we can?t win SEC, barring major injuries.

Being realistic to think family is a factor.

basedog
01-07-2018, 06:20 PM
Who are your LSU buddies? That?s all I work with down here and Cann is their perceived reason for the offensive turnaround 3 years ago. Every interview Manure-I gave on news during their post season runs were nothing but praise for Canns work with the hitters and their dramatic turnaround. This is why I was happy to have him. Every person in this area praised Cann for his teaching of the game and getting player buy in. The LSU people hated that he went to their real rival because they know we are one of a few of sec teams that can knock them down a peg or two.

I?m hoping he can win big soon and get a taste and want to stay for a while. I expect a huge improvement this spring, being that he only had a few months with the team before last year. If the players buy in and learn from him, there?s no reason we can?t win SEC, barring major injuries.

The company I work for is based at of New Orleans (big donors), plus I have several friends who are die hard Corndog fans.

Yes, Manieri gave Cann lots of praise, he also felt Cann betrayed him and if you go back and read he has taken shots at Cann. Also Cohen didn't ask the Lsu folks for permission to talk to Cann, which it's pretty obvious Cohen knew if he became AD who he was brining in to replace him as Head baseball Coach.

I ain't even thinking about what Lsu would do but Manieri has stated he wants to Coach longer.

was21
01-07-2018, 06:31 PM
delete

was21
01-07-2018, 06:34 PM

Going by your moniker, methinks you may be under the influence of the coonass

preachermatt83
01-08-2018, 02:28 PM
Skip Bertman

Ray tanner

Commercecomet24
01-08-2018, 04:21 PM

This.