PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Todd and Jamal Couch

ZedFedder
01-06-2018, 11:54 AM
I am really excited to see if these guys make a jump under Getsy. I think Couch can be a solid WR but Todd has a lot of potential.

Dawgology
01-06-2018, 12:11 PM
I watched Todd drop some very well thrown balls in the bowl game and then he had a very bad fumble that almost cost us the game. He may have potential but he has a looooooooooooooong way to go.

MaroonFlounder
01-06-2018, 12:34 PM
Matt Wyatt says Reggie Todd has all the look and physical abilities of an elite receiver.
Just gotta bring the ball in and secure it.

BoomBoom
01-06-2018, 12:39 PM
Matt Wyatt says Reggie Todd has all the look and physical abilities of an elite receiver.
Just gotta bring the ball in and secure it.

looks like Tarzan. plays like Jane.

Jacksondevildog
01-06-2018, 12:40 PM
I also remember Wyatt talking postgame after the south Alabama loss that D. Williams was the best QB to lead us. Not sure I?ve listened since.

MaroonFlounder
01-06-2018, 12:42 PM
I also remember Wyatt talking postgame after the south Alabama loss that D. Williams was the best QB to lead us. Not sure I?ve listened since.

Yeah, maybe Wyatt is not the best source to listen to. Dam Will was awful.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-06-2018, 12:53 PM
Todd and Couch are victims of having some of the worst WR coaching in NCAA football....

HoopsDawg
01-06-2018, 01:19 PM
I think Todd is going to be a very good WR for us.

Todd4State
01-06-2018, 01:45 PM

He was probably thinking that we would be better with Fitzgerald in relief of Williams since it worked so well in 1999.**

msbulldog
01-06-2018, 02:22 PM
Both those guys need a dedication to the Jugs machine! That will make catching a ball a no thought reflex. They have the measurable's but, they overthink catching the ball. It's pretty obvious.

Bodaski
01-06-2018, 02:48 PM
A drill to help players to start catching the ball with their hands instead of their body. Players assume a position with a light pole or a goal post will work. Coach throws the ball at the player. It forces the player to catch the ball with their hands because the pole is intended to prevent them from using their bodies. Use anything that will assist in this drill. It works if you do enough of the drill. Also, to help create soft-hands, use ping pong balls about 10-12 feet from players and throw the ping pong balls to them. the players can only use one hand ata time and then switch it up. I know it sounds stupid, but you will be amazed at what a simple drill like this can do to create softer hands. Its funny to watch the players fighting the ping pong ball trying to catch it with one hand

msbulldog
01-06-2018, 02:54 PM
Good ideas Bodaski! Rep +1

msbulldog
01-06-2018, 02:59 PM
The new WR coach Getty had Packers catching bricks and concrete blocks to strengthen their hand, from what I've read. It seems he's into unconventional training.

BeastMan
01-06-2018, 03:02 PM
I'm excited about their futures because both guys have some nice tools. The cold, hard truth is that neither guy was ready to be a WR1 in their freshmen and sophomore seasons and it's not their fault they were put in that position. Their inexperience and shortcomings showed. Adding Guidry, Whop, and Heath will be huge for them. I think Couch and Todd could be really good WR2 or 3's next year and develop further the next. If in 2 years you have a 5 WR set that has sr Guidry, so Whop, so Heath, sr Couch, and jr Todd I think you could see the best WR core MSU has ever had (and that's not even including our already proven slot guys). Couch as your #1 last year was bad but as you #4 or #5 in 2 years could be absolutely filthy. He's got physical talent you cannot coach.

maroonmania
01-06-2018, 03:35 PM
looks like Tarzan. plays like Jane.

Biggest issue with Todd is that he really didn't concentrate on football in HS. Heck, he was planning on playing college basketball. He just needs lots and lots of reps.

biggun
01-06-2018, 04:01 PM
Neither look fluid or I guess “smooth” might be a better word at WR. Against Arkansas, Couch completely whiffed on at least one of back of back Fitz fastballs in the 4th qtr, and he may have whiffed on both. Anyway, the passes were fast balls and def were not perfect but Couch looked awkward & awful attempting to catch them.

I don’t see either starting, but both could provide quality depth with hard work this offseason

Political Hack
01-06-2018, 04:30 PM
I'm excited about their futures because both guys have some nice tools. The cold, hard truth is that neither guy was ready to be a WR1 in their freshmen and sophomore seasons and it's not their fault they were put in that position. Their inexperience and shortcomings showed. Adding Guidry, Whop, and Heath will be huge for them. I think Couch and Todd could be really good WR2 or 3's next year and develop further the next. If in 2 years you have a 5 WR set that has sr Guidry, so Whop, so Heath, sr Couch, and jr Todd I think you could see the best WR core MSU has ever had (and that's not even including our already proven slot guys). Couch as your #1 last year was bad but as you #4 or #5 in 2 years could be absolutely filthy. He's got physical talent you cannot coach.

Yeah, if he’s our #3 or #4 in a year or two, that could be pretty solid. I hope Heath contributes this year. I think the others will. If all three end up being our top 3 WRs that’s going to be a pretty dangerous set.

preachermatt83
01-07-2018, 12:03 AM
Todd and Couch are victims of having some of the worst WR coaching in NCAA football....

This^^

preachermatt83
01-07-2018, 12:05 AM
A drill to help players to start catching the ball with their hands instead of their body. Players assume a position with a light pole or a goal post will work. Coach throws the ball at the player. It forces the player to catch the ball with their hands because the pole is intended to prevent them from using their bodies. Use anything that will assist in this drill. It works if you do enough of the drill. Also, to help create soft-hands, use ping pong balls about 10-12 feet from players and throw the ping pong balls to them. the players can only use one hand ata time and then switch it up. I know it sounds stupid, but you will be amazed at what a simple drill like this can do to create softer hands. Its funny to watch the players fighting the ping pong ball trying to catch it with one hand

Two words. Two of the most underrated words in all of sports... MUSCLE MEMORY

Todd4State
01-07-2018, 01:23 AM
The new WR coach Getty had Packers catching bricks and concrete blocks to strengthen their hand, from what I've read. It seems he's into unconventional training.

If you can catch a wrench you can catch a football.

BrunswickDawg
01-07-2018, 10:40 AM
If you can catch a wrench you can catch a football.

Last unconventional guy we had who did shit like that gave our whole pitching staff Tommy John surgeries.

1bigdawg
01-07-2018, 01:01 PM
Todd and Couch are victims of having some of the laziest WR coaching in NCAA football....

FIFY

Jack Lambert
01-07-2018, 01:31 PM
Well if they want to see the field they better pick it up because we are going to have a lot of WR next season. I suspect our ability to pass is going to be much improved. We are going to be good next year. I have not been able since the late nineties I could say that with confidence.

I cannot wait.

BuckyIsAB****
01-07-2018, 01:48 PM
If we run out a 3WR set of Whop, Couch, Todd. That is the most physically imposing group of WRs we have ever ran out there. Add that to our OL, our RBs and our QB who is 6'4 235 and can run like a deer.....Moorhead has to be excited