PDA

View Full Version : Fitz rehab

msstate7
01-05-2018, 11:41 PM
When is he expected to be cleared to practice?

Todd4State
01-06-2018, 12:19 AM
Should be soon assuming all is going well. And it looks like he is walking around without crutches based on what I have seen on TV.

Good move by MSU to move SBW back to the Arkansas baseball weekend to give Fitz a little more time to heal and also for Moorhead to get his staff prepared.

DogsofAnarchy
01-06-2018, 12:26 AM
Fitz won’t be playing in the Spring.

Todd4State
01-06-2018, 01:59 AM
Fitz won’t be playing in the Spring.

If that's true that's not good. I don't know how they would know that at this point to be honest with you unless they want to be precautionary or it's obviously not healing like it's supposed to. But at the same time, most QB's in spring ball are going to be given the no contact red or green jerseys or whatever color they are. Given the fact that we are installing a new offense we need to try to involve Fitz as much as possible.

By April and the spring game he would be about 20 weeks out from the injury.

Dawgface
01-06-2018, 07:56 AM
He may not be going at it 100% like the rest, but I have to believe he will be running plays and passing some. May be more of a walk through type setting, but he should be able to get a handle on the new offense and terminology.

BrunswickDawg
01-06-2018, 08:43 AM
If that's true that's not good. I don't know how they would know that at this point to be honest with you unless they want to be precautionary or it's obviously not healing like it's supposed to. But at the same time, most QB's in spring ball are going to be given the no contact red or green jerseys or whatever color they are. Given the fact that we are installing a new offense we need to try to involve Fitz as much as possible.

By April and the spring game he would be about 20 weeks out from the injury.
Fitz will be practicing in Spring. I would imagine they will keep him out of contact drills and probably out of the Spring game out of caution. People saying he won?t play are trying to get a rise out of you.

Todd4State
01-06-2018, 08:47 AM
Fitz will be practicing in Spring. I would imagine they will keep him out of contact drills and probably out of the Spring game out of caution. People saying he won?t play are trying to get a rise out of you.

That's cool. Us hospital workers always fear the worst because we are the one person in 100 that has something bad happen to them.

Bdawg
01-06-2018, 11:19 AM
Sure hope he gets a lot of reps and gets back to 100%. Think we go as far as he can take us and if Shoop can keep the D at the same level as last year. Lot of new faces on this staff. Fitz has got to develop some touch on the deep ball and be able to make people pay if a guy gets loose in the secondary. Can’t afford to miss those big plays if they are there in big games. Just hope he gets the necessary reps to make a significant improvement.

DogsofAnarchy
01-06-2018, 11:44 AM

Ummmm.....I didn’t say that he wouldn’t be going through some drills and learning the new offense. He most definitely will be doing those things. But if you think he is going to be 100% balling out and running the show by Spring then you KNOW nothing about injuries and god forbid the STRAIN it takes to compete at this level.

Bully13
01-06-2018, 11:58 AM
I would like a honest answer from someone whose played the game and has knowledge of this type of injury.
My concern is not so much the physical part but the mental aspect. Is that a valid concern on my part?

Ifyouonlyknew
01-06-2018, 12:17 PM
Fitz will do all non contact drills in the spring. I'm sure he'll do most 7 on 7 work but I doubt he does any contact 11 on 11.

BuckyIsAB****
01-06-2018, 12:26 PM
I would like a honest answer from someone whose played the game and has knowledge of this type of injury.
My concern is not so much the physical part but the mental aspect. Is that a valid concern on my part?

Most players come back from it. Treadwell, Paul George are a couple that come to mind that came back stronger than ever after a major injury. Fitz is a dawg he'll be fine

MaroonFlounder
01-06-2018, 12:32 PM
Most players come back from it. Treadwell, Paul George are a couple that come to mind that came back stronger than ever after a major injury. Fitz is a dawg he'll be fine

How similar to Treadwell’s injury was Fitz’s?

BuckyIsAB****
01-06-2018, 12:35 PM
How similar to Treadwell’s injury was Fitz’s?

Im not a doctor so I dont know but they both looked like major breaks

mstatefan91
01-06-2018, 01:33 PM
Ummmm.....I didn?t say that he wouldn?t be going through some drills and learning the new offense. He most definitely will be doing those things. But if you think he is going to be 100% balling out and running the show by Spring then you KNOW nothing about injuries and god forbid the STRAIN it takes to compete at this level.
What crawled up your butt? QBs don?t get hit in spring game anyway. I?m not saying he will be out there but it isn?t impossible if it?s no contact on QBs. That said, I think people are more concerned about him just getting reps in general. Nobody expects him to be trucking people this spring.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-06-2018, 02:48 PM
Doesn?t matter. KT took over the top spot in the bowl game anyway.*

01-06-2018, 03:41 PM
Very similar if you look at it. From wikipedia, the exact same injury:

On November 1, 2014, with 1:30 left in the game against #3 Auburn, Treadwell caught a screen pass and took it to the Tigers' 1 yard line before being tackled from behind and bending awkwardly. As a result of the gruesome injury, Treadwell broke his tibia and dislocated his ankle, and adding insult to the injury, he fumbled the ball, which was recovered in the end zone by Auburn's linebacker Cassanova McKinzy, sealing the game for the Tigers.
Anyone remember how long he was out?