PDA

View Full Version : The bb intense bas**** was at it full force at the press conference

99jc
01-05-2018, 07:13 AM
He was still upset after a 40 point win. Poor mouthing the defense saying he was going to die if he went through many games like the Arkansas game. I wish we could channel some of that agreesion to Ben Howland. Vic is the best coach we have ever had at state in any sport in the history of the school. This woman's team is as good as Uconn right now.

preachermatt83
01-05-2018, 11:02 AM
Absolutely agree on all points. Great post. Rep given.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-05-2018, 11:48 AM
I don't think we're as good as UCONN but we're a definite Top 4-5 team.

Jack Lambert
01-05-2018, 11:54 AM
I don't think we're as good as UCONN but we're a definite Top 4-5 team.

They said that last year.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-05-2018, 11:58 AM
They said that last year.

I don't think we're as good a team as we were last year.

Coach34
01-05-2018, 12:15 PM
I don't think we're as good a team as we were last year.

We're better offensively than last year but not as good defensively.

GeoDawg
01-05-2018, 12:15 PM
I agree with Coach Vic. We are a far better offensive team than we were last year, but have a long way to go on defense. I don’t see a Dominique on this years team yet.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-05-2018, 12:31 PM
We're better offensively than last year but not as good defensively.

We're an off night or foul trouble night for Big T from being very beatable against good teams. That's my main concern we have absolutely nothing in the post behind her & against the elite teams that worries me.

Coach34
01-05-2018, 12:55 PM
We're an off night or foul trouble night for Big T from being very beatable against good teams. That's my main concern we have absolutely nothing in the post behind her & against the elite teams that worries me.

True- but playing VV at the 4 is giving opponents lots of problems because most 4's cant guard her. It also pulls the opposing team's 4 away from the basket to help T open up the paint. It does rear its head defensively though and I agree it's a problem in big games.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-05-2018, 12:59 PM
True- but playing VV at the 4 is giving opponents lots of problems because most 4's cant guard her. It also pulls the opposing team's 4 away from the basket to help T open up the paint. It does rear its head defensively though and I agree it's a problem in big games.

Oh playing Victoria at the 4 has been genius on offense. It's a big reason why her FG% is so improved this year. She's not forcing as many shots but she's also getting a lot more cleaner looks Bc a bigger girl is usually guarding her.

BB30
01-05-2018, 01:23 PM
Just started watching WBB last year (yea im a bandwagon womens BB fan ill admit it) What would yall consider a disappointing season for this team? Is it finals or bust? Or does another elite 8/ Final 4 continue to move the program in the right direction?

What does recruiting look like for the foreseeable future? Are we starting to put top 5-10 type classes together/ I am sure we will have a bit of a rebuild next year losing VV, BS and MO. Are the youngsters on the roster pretty solid players? Are we getting close to the point where we are more or less reloading not rebuilding? I know you don't just replace a VV.

Sorry for all of the questions I honestly am just not that familiar with WBB.

confucius say
01-05-2018, 01:56 PM

Well yea, if anybody has an off night they are beatable against good teams. We didn't play well last night against an ark team that will be on the bouble and we won by 42.

Irondawg
01-05-2018, 02:01 PM
To be elite in WBB it seems you have to be elite in the post. T is outstanding a big reason we're so good, but as mentioned we don't have much behind her. What are we looking at when she leaves?

Coach34
01-05-2018, 02:03 PM
Just started watching WBB last year (yea im a bandwagon womens BB fan ill admit it) What would yall consider a disappointing season for this team? Is it finals or bust? Or does another elite 8/ Final 4 continue to move the program in the right direction?

What does recruiting look like for the foreseeable future? Are we starting to put top 5-10 type classes together/ I am sure we will have a bit of a rebuild next year losing VV, BS and MO. Are the youngsters on the roster pretty solid players? Are we getting close to the point where we are more or less reloading not rebuilding? I know you don't just replace a VV.

this team is a likely 1 seed but a 2 seed at worst. Once you get to the Sweet 16 anything can happen in the NCAA Tourney- but you would ha e to say anything less than the Elite 8 would be disappointing.

Hattdawg
01-05-2018, 02:21 PM

We just recruited 2 (5*) centers a (4*) small forward and a (3*) shooting guard. I believe the class was top 10.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-05-2018, 02:39 PM
Well yea, if anybody has an off night they are beatable against good teams. We didn't play well last night against an ark team that will be on the bouble and we won by 42.

Problem is we don't even have a backup for T. I'm not talking someone of equal talent I'm talking someone period.

Hattdawg
01-05-2018, 02:47 PM
Losing Williams hurt. But we will have some size next year in the two five star centers. 6'5" and 6'3". That doesn't do much for us this year but Campbell will have to do. She's not completely awful. She will get shredded by Tennessee's Russell and South Carolina's Wilson, so we better be able to shoot lights out beyond the perimeter those games if T-mac is in foul trouble.

preachermatt83
01-05-2018, 02:48 PM
The upcoming recruiting class is unbelievable

preachermatt83
01-05-2018, 02:49 PM
Campbell is decent.

preachermatt83
01-05-2018, 02:50 PM

This

Ifyouonlyknew
01-05-2018, 02:51 PM
This

Also I said elite teams. Arkansas is far from elite.

preachermatt83
01-05-2018, 02:54 PM

I'm not disagreeing, I think his point is that any team can have a great player have an off night and it put them in trouble.

GeoDawg
01-05-2018, 03:22 PM
Was just looking at South Carolina’s roster. Outside of A’ja Wilson(6’5” and a beast), the next tallest player is 6’3”. That’s the same height as Zion. They do have 2 girls that are 6’ 2” though. Beyond Zion the next player on our team is Chloe Bibby who is 6’1”. I’m assuming she would be the third option in the post.

I honestly feel like Zion is serviceable in the post for short stretches. The key is going to be can V and Morgan carry the team from an offensive stand point to buy time when T is out of the lineup to make up for the defensive short comings.

I guess what I’m saying is that I don’t think it’s all doom and gloom when T goes out, but I get the point and agree that it could be better.

confucius say
01-05-2018, 03:50 PM

There are only 6-8 elite teams in women's basketball and all of them are capable of beating us with or without T.

We need more post depth, but I'd still take this years team over last year's team.

MadDawg
01-05-2018, 05:32 PM
There are only 6-8 elite teams in women's basketball and all of them are capable of beating us with or without T.

We need more post depth, but I'd still take this years team over last year's team.

No doubt. Last year's team had stretches where we just couldn't score. This team has so many options for offense.

Joe Schmedlap
01-06-2018, 03:37 PM
What happened to McCowan’s backup?