PDA

View Full Version : Nfl tv viewing

msstate7
01-04-2018, 07:25 PM
Down 9.7% this year after being down 8% from 2015 to 2016. That means viewing is down 17.7% from 2015. Uhhh... why did goodell just get that crazy new contract?

RocketDawg
01-04-2018, 07:28 PM
Down 9.7% this year after being down 8% from 2015 to 2016. That means viewing is down 17.7% from 2015. Uhhh... why did goodell just get that crazy new contract?

Actually, just down 17.07% .... ** (down to 90.3% the first year, the down 8% of that result, not 8% of the original number). :)

RocketDawg
01-04-2018, 07:33 PM
Who's playing tonight? Program guide says teams are tba.

msstate7
01-04-2018, 07:51 PM
Actually, just down 17.07% .... ** (down to 90.3% the first year, the down 8% of that result, not 8% of the original number). :)

You are correct. Thanks

RocketDawg
01-04-2018, 07:52 PM
You are correct. Thanks

Just pulling your chain a bit. :)

msstate7
01-04-2018, 07:55 PM
Just pulling your chain a bit. :)

I am glad you did. Things like that bother me, yet I was the one that did it

RocketDawg
01-04-2018, 07:56 PM
I am glad you did. Things like that bother me, yet I was the one that did it

You must be an engineer too.

Coach007
01-04-2018, 07:58 PM

Until they stop kneeling the only team I will watch is Dallas.

msstate7
01-04-2018, 07:59 PM
You must be an engineer too.

No, I run the fryer at Krystal. I count each fry to get a precise number in every order**

Quaoarsking
01-04-2018, 08:22 PM

The NFL owners are a good ol' boys club.

Todd4State
01-04-2018, 08:48 PM
No, I run the fryer at Krystal. I count each fry to get a precise number in every order**

Tell the Ole Miss football players that you work with Hotty Toddy.

BeardoMSU
01-04-2018, 08:56 PM

Glad to see you've made it up in the world....no more lettuce. A couple more years you can make assistant manager, and that's when the big bucks will start rollin' in**

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/41/b6/3b/41b63b808bcc516a854af9480c1ae577--louie-anderson-sarcasm.jpg

RocketDawg
01-04-2018, 09:31 PM
Until they stop kneeling the only team I will watch is Dallas.

Turns out it's a replay anyway. New Orleans and Washington, and the game they're showing is the 10th into the season. I haven't watched all that much this year ... Dallas when available ... but I assume the playoffs start this weekend. And Dallas is not playing in them.

RocketDawg
01-04-2018, 09:32 PM

I prefer McDonald's fries anyway ... at least the ones they had about 50 years ago that they fried in beef tallow. That might be the reason for my heart issues .... ;)

oldjoedawg
01-04-2018, 09:53 PM
You are correct. Thanks

Guess some calculations actually do require one to be a 'Rocket Surgeon'....:cool:

RocketDawg
01-04-2018, 10:02 PM
Guess some calculations actually do require one to be a 'Rocket Surgeon'....:cool:

I've got a friend who never could understand, and will argue til he's blue in the face, that if you reduce something by 50%, you have to increase by 100% to get back where you started. It's not a difficult concept ....

coachnorm
01-05-2018, 11:05 PM
To sustain growth, the NFL has to have a good relationship with the fans. Look at the teams that have relocated of late. Take the San Diego move when the NFL allowed Spanos TEN years to pay the $600 Mil relocation fee. That move by the NFL was to quash public dissent. The public refused to build a stadium for a cheep a$$ owner and if that caused the owner to loose the STADIUM VOTE, other cities would get embolded and an uprising of the status quo could be forthcoming. Now the NFL is embarrassed over the 27,000 seat stadium not selling out? If the NFL told Spanos that he had to pay his relocation fee in a timely manner, he could not have made the move out of San Diego, because he is not wealthy enough? So now there is the Raiders, Rams, Chargers, in a two year window with the Jaguars waiting for Tottenham Stadium, in London, completion, all moving? Maybe the fans have started to figure things out

Mutt the Hoople
01-05-2018, 11:29 PM
ON the surface, it appears that Roger Goodell is an anti-American, flag-burning, cop-killing, troop-spitting piece of Marxist shit. However, besides these he has other problems. Many former NFL players are now crippled, drooling idiots because of CTE, and he's terrified of the massive multi-billion dollar lawsuit that will bankrupt the league and end American football.

So, he's trying to appease all these interest groups so he'll have them on the his side when the shit totally hits the fan. What he doesn't realize, is that when you do things like let players kneel before the National Anthem, or refuse to let the Dallas Cowboys wear patches commemorating the Policemen slaughtered by that shooter in 2016 in order to make Civil Rights groups happy, he's alienating the fans who made the league great.

I'm looking forward to the next time some owner threatens to move his team if he doesn't get pubic funding for a new stadium....just to see the fans say "KISS MY ASS!!!" and make them build their own stadium, with their own money.

I predict that if Komrade Goodell continues on as Kommissar of the League, we'll be talking about "$100,000 backfields", or contracting the League to eight teams, or competing with the WNBA for fans....

1bigdawg
01-06-2018, 09:21 AM
My wife is stunned that I am not excited about the playoffs. I may watch the Saints this weekend. Next weekend I will watch my Steelers, but that is it. I have not watched a single whole game this year. In the past, I watched at LEAST one game a week and often two or three.

I watch football to be entertained, not to be lectured.

IMissJack
01-06-2018, 10:05 AM
The NFL owners are a good ol' boys club.

Jerry Jones tried to stop the contract with Goodell, based on the loss of viewership and the way he had handled a number of public issues. Of course I'm sure Jerry had a burr under his saddle from the Zeke issues.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-06-2018, 11:10 AM
I can tell you I have watched much less NFL this year because of the kneeling.....Also, as a kid, I could take a pencil and paper and write down the whole Saints roster with their numbers and position... I probably can't give you 5 players on current roster.

BuckyIsAB****
01-06-2018, 12:33 PM
The product the NFL puts on the field is just not as good. I can remember being a kid and loving every second of it, when they changed the rules to totally favor the offense it killed a lot of my interest.

College and high school football makes the NFL look like paint drying. I also think fantasy football has hurt the NFL bc people no longer care about teams, its about players and stats.

After every single pass the QB is crying for a flag along with the WR he just threw it too. You cant hit anyone or its a flag. I also think its very obvious a lot of players in the NFL could give a shit about winning and losing and go thru the motions to collect that fat check once a week. Not to mention that you can lose 7-9 games and make the playoffs.

coachnorm
01-06-2018, 12:59 PM
I can tell you I have watched much less NFL this year because of the kneeling.....Also, as a kid, I could take a pencil and paper and write down the whole Saints roster with their numbers and position... I probably can't give you 5 players on current roster.

This is a totally respectful reply, please take it as such. I lived thru the Tommie Smith and John Carlos protest in the 1968 Olympics. This event was probably 20 times bigger than the NFL players response to Trump. 50 years after the protest, Smith and Carlos are seen as global heroes regardless of a minority of Americans opinions of the event. Trump backed Black NFL Football Players and in some ways the Black Population into a corner with his foul mouth inclusion of Kap into their reality. It was a One Man protest that Trump escalated into a movement of retaliation. The Black NFL players had to choose whether they would look like a pack of "Uncle Toms" and look spineless when the President used the FLAG as his tool to covertly practice RACISM? Do you really believe that the NFL players enjoyed the protest? Back to Carlos and Smith: How do you think the NFL players will look 50 years into the future, if they stayed quiet, by the global community and Black America that revere Carlos and Smith?

Mutt the Hoople
01-06-2018, 04:17 PM
Jerry Jones tried to stop the contract with Goodell, based on the loss of viewership and the way he had handled a number of public issues. Of course I'm sure Jerry had a burr under his saddle from the Zeke issues.
That was just kabuki by Jerrah. He thinks he'll get the pro-America crowd to root for the Cowboys by pretending to oppose Kommissar Goodell. However, "Khmer Rouge" Goodell could tell the Cowboys they have to have half their team suspended for half the 2018 season...just because....and Jerrah will just take it like a little girl, as long as Cowboys merchandise keeps selling.