PDA

View Full Version : If you were told 5 years ago that ...

MabenMaroon
01-04-2018, 06:19 PM
our women's basketball team would have its own hour long coach's radio show at the Veranda. How hard would you have laughed and ridiculed the message bearer?
Pretty cool to listen to Coach Vic last night, had Victoria and Tierra on for some Q&A and also guest appearance by Debbie Antonelli ( ESPN announcer.
Doubt many programs have that going on, really great from a recruits perspective I would think as well.

I_Spy
01-04-2018, 06:27 PM
I predicted the women would be playing uconn as far back as Martha alwal being on the team. I had seen wjtv news segment on Victoria while she was at forest I think...also I knew who coach Vic was. Watched him coach or co head coach Texas a & m to natl women’s title and that team beat big teams to the top also. So it was easy to guess at really.

Ari Gold
01-04-2018, 06:55 PM
I predicted the women would be playing uconn as far back as Martha alwal being on the team. I had seen wjtv news segment on Victoria while she was at forest I think...also I knew who coach Vic was. Watched him coach or co head coach Texas a & m to natl women’s title and that team beat big teams to the top also. So it was easy to guess at really.

Damn. I need to fly you out to Vegas And have you tell me what future bets I should lay cash on.
The odds on what you predicted would have been about 1000:1

I_Spy
01-04-2018, 06:57 PM
I predicted Mccowan would become...a major force simply because she has a pretty shot. Then I predicted if we had a post develop into a consistent high scorer, south car and Uconn go down!

preachermatt83
01-04-2018, 06:58 PM

Scott central

I_Spy
01-04-2018, 06:59 PM
I’m proud of T.

Simply true is all it is.

RocketDawg
01-04-2018, 07:05 PM
I'm not a big proponent of Title 9 or whatever it is that requires equal scholarships for men's and women's sports, but it sure is nice and refreshing to see that one of our women's programs is achieving such success. Women's sports should have to earn their success, not have it legislated, and this team has done that.

I_Spy
01-04-2018, 07:06 PM
Scott Central then, and give them the props... she was still in high school at the time they did the special on her ...called her an easily, coachable, quiet, reserved type leader. Watching how she has grown has been fun because she is so hilarious...they have a good chemistry no doubt.

Bothrops
01-04-2018, 07:06 PM
Gonna be our first natty if Vic retires here . I predicted this two years ago.