PDA

View Full Version : Kam Pettway

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2018, 07:39 PM
Gone. Declared for draft

Auburn will be slap average at RB next year.

msstate7
01-03-2018, 07:45 PM
Hopefully. I remember last year they were supposedly in dire straights after some injuries at rb and losing barber, Robinson, and Thomas. Pettway and Johnson essentially came out of nowhere

Dawg61
01-03-2018, 08:11 PM
Thank god. Pettway was a nightmare for us two years ago. Ran straight up Sirmon's ass 40 times in a row.

TUSK
01-03-2018, 08:25 PM
Well, at least they have all those OLinemen coming b....

Oh...

My bad.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2018, 08:29 PM
Well, at least they have all those OLinemen coming b....

Oh...

My bad.

Nice!

msstate7
01-03-2018, 09:24 PM
Carlton Davis of auburn also going. That is a big loss

Commercecomet24
01-03-2018, 09:28 PM
This year was a big miss for Gus. It was all right there for him to take it all and he blew it. Mediocre season next year might be it for him.

bluelightstar
01-03-2018, 09:40 PM
This year was a big miss for Gus. It was all right there for him to take it all and he blew it. Mediocre season next year might be it for him.

They just gave him a new 7-year deal, right? Even if he has a mediocre (or even bad) year, he probably survives.

RougeDawg
01-03-2018, 09:41 PM
I thought Pettway had already been dismissed from team before the bowl for violating team rules? Am I confusing him with another barner?

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2018, 09:42 PM
I thought Pettway had already been dismissed from team before the bowl for violating team rules? Am I confusing him with another barner?

I was, but I'm sure they would've sent him to Haiti or something once Johnson declared for the draft.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2018, 09:43 PM
They just gave him a new 7-year deal, right? Even if he has a mediocre (or even bad) year, he probably survives.

True but that bunch is crazy over there. I doubt it would get him fired next year but that leash gets awful short and tight.

MetEdDawg
01-03-2018, 09:47 PM
Hearing from some of my Auburn folks that Stidham may go pro too. Makes sense with what they are losing. Much bigger chance at regression next year. If they lose Johnson, Davis, Pettway, and Stidham we win that game next year by a lot. And Gus probably gets fired.

msstate7
01-03-2018, 09:48 PM
Hearing from some of my Auburn folks that Stidham may go pro too. Makes sense with what they are losing. Much bigger chance at regression next year. If they lose Johnson, Davis, Pettway, and Stidham we win that game next year by a lot. And Gus probably gets fired.

Wow... please happen

Commercecomet24
01-03-2018, 09:48 PM

I heard the same but figured it was just chatter. May have some legs.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2018, 09:52 PM

Christian Hackenberg went in the 2nd round & Stidham is just as talented & better.

If Stidham declares, I bet he works his way into the back to middle of the first round & actually gets to go to a good team.

Wouldn't be a bad decision.

Then Bengals at pick 12, Cardinals at pick 15, & Chargers at 17 may all be in play for Stidham. As a pro QB, I'd take Stidham over Lamar Jackson & Darnold Would consider it a toss up with Mayfield

Todd4State
01-03-2018, 09:52 PM

Auburn is the only place in America where you can go undefeated and end up winning a National Title and be on the hot seat. It has to be one of the most volitale places to coach at in America.

TUSK
01-03-2018, 09:58 PM

yeppers... 7 years, $49 Mil... I dunno what the buy out is, but AU won't care when the time comes...

Sexton played AU like a fiddle... the man actually made AU an "offer" to keep a coach they had under contract...

nice.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2018, 09:59 PM
yeppers... 7 years, $49 Mil... I dunno what the buy out is, but AU won't care when the time comes...

Sexton played AU like a fiddle... the man actually made AU an "offer" to keep a coach they had under contract...

nice.

Exactly! Money, buyout means nothing to that bunch. Only care about winning and if Gus can?t they?ll move on in a heartbeat

Commercecomet24
01-03-2018, 10:00 PM
Auburn is the only place in America where you can go undefeated and end up winning a National Title. It has to be one of the most volitale places to coach at in America.

Yep that bunch maybe crazier than unm bunch.

RougeDawg
01-03-2018, 11:16 PM
Yep that bunch maybe crazier than unm bunch.

At least they have the hardware to have a little leeway on their delusion.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2018, 11:26 PM
At least they have the hardware to have a little leeway on their delusion.

True the other bunch don?t have anything lol