PDA

View Full Version : Sweat

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2018, 09:44 AM
Rosebowl say on Bo Bounds that he is hearing privately that Sweat will go pro.(Could have no source though & just repeating what Hunter said)

Says he heard that Sweat got a 4th round grade.

If the 4th round grade is true, I really hope Sweat will come back. He is better than that & has a chance to make this team & DL elite next year.

bluelightstar
01-02-2018, 09:46 AM
pretty sure players can't get a fourth-round grade now. You either get first, second, or neither.

TrapGame
01-02-2018, 09:46 AM
Didn't Paul say he heard Sweat was staying?

Interesting.

Ari Gold
01-02-2018, 09:51 AM
I expect Sweat back next year

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-02-2018, 09:53 AM
Rosebowl is naturally pessimistic. You know how he got that nickname? He is more cautious with what he says.

Dawgology
01-02-2018, 09:54 AM
You can only get a 1st or 2nd round grade officially so whoever is saying 4th round is making shit up or has a terrible source. Either way, though, I see him going pro.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2018, 10:00 AM
Rosebowl is naturally pessimistic. You know how he got that nickname? He is more cautious with what he says.

Rosebowl is a roller coaster depending on recent news.

For example, his Sweat pessimism may be correlated with Lovett decommitting & he feels down.

By the same token, sometimes he gets the "Big Maroon Tidal Wave" going when a few things go right in a row.

Bubb Rubb
01-02-2018, 10:07 AM
Rosebowl is a roller coaster depending on recent news.

For example, his Sweat pessimism may be correlated with Lovett decommitting & he feels down.

By the same token, sometimes he gets the "Big Maroon Tidal Wave" going when a few things go right in a row.

Rosey has lost a ton of credibility with the Ole Miss wrist slap, and now with the coaching change, he's lost some access that he previously had. So, he's struggling with his information right now.

Commercecomet24
01-02-2018, 10:08 AM
There is no 4th round grade anymore. It?s first second or neither.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2018, 10:13 AM
Rosey has lost a ton of credibility with the Ole Miss wrist slap, and now with the coaching change, he's lost some access that he previously had. So, he's struggling with his information right now.

I wouldn't say he lost credibility with the wrist slap. He was right about everything, but it was completely unpredictable that OM would get less than 1 schollie reduction per level 1 violation. That's an inexplicable & unpredictable part of the OM ruling.

I mean, we've all seen the COI matrix. How could anyone predict less than 1 scholarship reduction per level 1 violation. Where is that in the matrix?

HancockCountyDog
01-02-2018, 10:14 AM
Rosey is making this up, no such thing as receiving a 4th round grade.

Bubb Rubb
01-02-2018, 10:22 AM
I wouldn't say he lost credibility with the wrist slap. He was right about everything, but it was completely unpredictable that OM would get less than 1 schollie reduction per level 1 violation. That's an inexplicable & unpredictable part of the OM ruling.

I mean, we've all seen the COI matrix. How could anyone predict less than 1 scholarship reduction per level 1 violation. Where is that in the matrix?

Nah, he flat out said they would get hammered. He said many times that the self-imposed scholarship penalties would be added to, severely. He was wrong about that. He was right about the investigation, but I think people expected that he had a high placed source and he turned out to be wrong about the penalties. I'm not being critical of him, but I'm sensing that he's lost a lot of credibility with folks because of it.

Dawgology
01-02-2018, 10:33 AM
Nah, he flat out said they would get hammered. He said many times that the self-imposed scholarship penalties would be added to, severely. He was wrong about that. He was right about the investigation, but I think people expected that he had a high placed source and he turned out to be wrong about the penalties. I'm not being critical of him, but I'm sensing that he's lost a lot of credibility with folks because of it.

His source was, I'm assuming, one of the investigators or Mars. Both the investigators and Mars expected Ole Miss to get hit hard. Both of those groups (Mars and investigators) were shellshocked by the ruling. It is obviously some kind of tampering with the COI but it was done completely silently. Really unbelievable.

maroonmania
01-02-2018, 10:36 AM

True, no credibility should be lost on what the COI does because their penalties are a total crapshoot.

TrapGame
01-02-2018, 10:37 AM
His source was, I'm assuming, one of the investigators or Mars. Both the investigators and Mars expected Ole Miss to get hit hard. Both of those groups (Mars and investigators) were shellshocked by the ruling. It is obviously some kind of tampering with the COI but it was done completely silently. Really unbelievable.

I'm about 100% positive that Wicker, Barbour and a few other big wigs laid heavily on the COI and flexed some muscle to get them to lessen the blow.

maroonmania
01-02-2018, 10:38 AM

Based on precedent, they should have been hammered. There is really no logical explanation as to why they didn't.

Mimi's Babies
01-02-2018, 10:45 AM
Based on precedent, they should have been hammered. There is really no logical explanation as to why they didn't.

Pay off..... ?????? And by whom? Or was their an investigation as in years past?

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2018, 10:58 AM

I still have no clue how the COI justifies less than 1 scholarship reduction per level 1 violation.

There is nothing in their policies that insinuate that that is remotely possible yet none of the media are questioning it. Extremely odd situation.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2018, 11:00 AM

Good. I know you have outstanding sources

Mutt the Hoople
01-02-2018, 11:15 AM

He didn't lose credibility. Everything he wrote about happened. Who lost credibility was the NCAA.

Joe Schmedlap
01-02-2018, 11:24 AM
Rosebowl didn’t lose any credibility over Ole Miss’s incredibly light punishment. It is the COI and ultimately the NCAA’s enforcement branch that lost all credibility. Who knew that the NCAA would go out of their way to publish a penalty matrix in order to address the highly resented inconsistencies in the sanctions handed down in recent years only to see the COI give the middle finger to the penalty matrix? It is inexplicable on the surface and in no way a mark against Steve.

Turfdawg67
01-02-2018, 11:40 AM

Man I hope you are right. UGA convinced both Chubb AND Michel to come back for their senior seasons!

PassInterference
01-02-2018, 11:43 AM
Rosebowl did not say Sweat got a 4th round grade. There?s a difference between thinking 3rd-4th round and saying there was a 4th round grade.

Coach007
01-02-2018, 11:48 AM

Grind that axe baby.... grind it.

01-02-2018, 11:49 AM
I really would not be surprised. All the hope for 2018, then Mullen bailed, and now Sweat. Sometimes I do wonder if this lack of buy in is why MSU is MSU.

Coach007
01-02-2018, 11:51 AM
Rosebowl did not say Sweat got a 4th round grade. There?s a difference between thinking 3rd-4th round and saying there was a 4th round grade.

people hear what they want.

Cooterpoot
01-02-2018, 12:40 PM
I'll tell you what cost Rosebowl credibility- Having to share a board with Paul. Paul's info is better than his and his connections are better. Plus, Paul isn't an attention whore.

msstate7
01-02-2018, 12:49 PM
This merger is starting to remind me of the feud between sps when elitedawgs started. Then I liked both sites, and continued to post on both. Not sure why some feel the need to love one and hate the other... like 247 guys vs old scout now

Saltydog
01-02-2018, 12:58 PM
injured.

JDog13
01-02-2018, 01:05 PM
I'll tell you what cost Rosebowl credibility- Having to share a board with Paul. Paul's info is better than his and his connections are better. Plus, Paul isn't an attention whore.

Man, if you guys only knew.

JDog13
01-02-2018, 01:07 PM

Can you take the NCAA logo out of your sig, and post that again for less irony? Thanks

Cooterpoot
01-02-2018, 01:16 PM
This merger is starting to remind me of the feud between sps when elitedawgs started. Then I liked both sites, and continued to post on both. Not sure why some feel the need to love one and hate the other... like 247 guys vs old scout now

I was on both boards at one time. I don't have an axe to grind with either one. But facts are facts and Rosey doesn't have nearly as many as Paul. Neither is perfect, but one doesn't attempt to prove he is. Just a bad deal over there now. The 247 guys took one in the rear. Sorry if that hurts someone's feelings on here.............................................. .................................................. ..........

Coach34
01-02-2018, 01:35 PM
Rosey and Paul each have their strengths and weaknesses. I do know that Rosey attends more events in person than Paul or Robbie. Plus Rosey overtook me and Jackie Wayne on the OM hate list. So I thank him for that.

For the money- Elitedawgs still gives you the most bang for your buck tho. Keep clicking guys

Political Hack
01-02-2018, 01:41 PM

I?m gonna go with this guy.

Coach007
01-02-2018, 02:04 PM

Me too

Dawgology
01-02-2018, 02:07 PM

That would be great and I would love to see Sweat back...but I don't think it kills our defense if he doesn't come back. Sure, I would rather keep him because he is a beast, but our defense will still be freaking stout.

klong-dog
01-02-2018, 02:28 PM
While I agree, we'll still be good. He's a difference maker. First year in the SEC and All SEC 1st team. There is no one else even close on our roster that has the talent that guy has. As far as speed in the back field at getting to the QB and rb's for that matter. Plus the length on the line.. He's a BA. I'd feel so much more confident going into 18 with Sweat.

Spiderman
01-02-2018, 07:06 PM

You can look back at prior posts of mine and see that I have said Rosey didn't have good inside info off the football staff. He did in the NCAA case, and maybe some in the AD office.