PDA

View Full Version : Touched in Jacksonville

Howboutdemdogs
01-01-2018, 10:45 PM
Our family got to experience something so special at the bowl game this year. As we in the parking lot with a mini tailgate, we had a vehicle pull up next to us, and one of the kids that got out had a green Taxslayer Bowl jacket on. I told him that he looked sharp with it on, and he shook my hand and said thank you. He then proceeded to show me his jersey he had on, Dream Team 1. He told me that he was selected to be a representative. During the game he was in the field as they told the stadium exactly what the Dream Team was, which is for the benifit of challenged children.

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/taxslayer-dreams-come-true-sign-dream-team

This kid (Devon Zona) had such a wonderful attitude and outlook, we were extremely touched by him. So after the game he stood with us congratulating the team as they got on the bus. He actually knew a lot of players from meeting them earlier in the week. His excitement had all of us smiling.

So, we always bring an extra cowbell to all the games; in case one person in our party forgets to bring one. My wife got that the bell out, and I gave it to him to have. We told him the tradition of how one gets their first bell, and it was his forever. He hugged us and his mother broke down and cried. We have their cell phone number and told them we will text to keep up with Devon.

For us, this was so special and why we believe that's MSU is about FAMILY!

Commercecomet24
01-01-2018, 10:52 PM
Great story. Thanks for sharing! That?s awesome!

Political Hack
01-01-2018, 11:00 PM
Unbelievable. That’s amazing. I saw them during the game and was incredibly inspired by their attitude.

preachermatt83
01-01-2018, 11:05 PM
PTL!!! Awesome story.