PDA

View Full Version : Could you Raikwon Davis on our D-line too.

Bdawg
01-01-2018, 09:43 PM
These are the types of misses in recruiting that I believe Shotgun was talking about. Add a few more of these types in each class and we move up another level. Hope Moorhead can do it.

msstate7
01-01-2018, 09:44 PM
We did not miss... he committed, but his pimp said no

Bdawg
01-01-2018, 09:47 PM
We did not miss... he committed, but his pimp said no

Well I don’t know the details but what do we have to do to keep these guys committed? It’s like I said, few more of these guys per year and we take it up a notch.

confucius say
01-01-2018, 09:53 PM
Who was his pimp and how did that whole thing down? Didn't he commit and then said someone hacked his phone or some crazy sh-t?

HoopsDawg
01-01-2018, 09:55 PM
Well I don’t know the details but what do we have to do to keep these guys committed? It’s like I said, few more of these guys per year and we take it up a notch.

Exactly, I did the same post a few seconds before yours. Just 2 or 3 more players a year to have a chance.

maroonmania
01-01-2018, 09:58 PM
Someone else said it but its the most viable explanation I've heard on why OM got such light sanctions. That being that the NCAA didn't want to hamper OM in recruiting to the point where MSU would dominate MS in recruiting for several years. Powers that be really don't want a non-traditional power like MSU with a relatively small fan base to be in a position to challenge the big boys. We start getting a few more players like a Davis or Brown and we would be in a position to do big things.

msstate7
01-01-2018, 10:02 PM
Someone else said it but its the most viable explanation I've heard on why OM got such light sanctions. That being that the NCAA didn't want to hamper OM in recruiting to the point where MSU would dominate MS in recruiting for several years. Powers that be really don't want a non-traditional power like MSU with a relatively small fan base to be in a position to challenge the big boys. We start getting a few more players like a Davis or Brown and we would be in a position to do big things.

I give you guys a 10 for creativity, but come on mane... the NCAA not making decisions on OM holding their nuts on us

Bdawg
01-01-2018, 10:06 PM
Well I don’t know who “the powers that be” are that controls the NCAA like that, but if that’s the case I might as well find another damn team to cheer for. If what you are saying is truth, then we have no chance in hell to try to improve our position. Hard enough trying to do it without outside influence trying to keep you from improving your program. Just can’t see how this happens.

maroonmania
01-01-2018, 10:08 PM
I give you guys a 10 for creativity, but come on mane... the NCAA not making decisions on OM holding their nuts on us

Not really that creative. What else makes sense for a school with so many recruiting violations to NOT get hit hardly at all in recruiting (i.e. scholarships)?? NCAA knows that things like bowl bans, vacated wins and financial penalties do nothing to really affect the future of a program.

Bdawg
01-01-2018, 10:12 PM
Not really that creative. What else makes sense for a school with so many recruiting violations to NOT get hit hardly at all in recruiting (i.e. scholarships)?? NCAA knows that things like bowl bans, vacated wins and financial penalties do nothing to really affect the future of a program.

Yeah but who would control the NCAA that way? And why would they do it? What do they care if MSU improves?

maroonmania
01-01-2018, 10:12 PM
Well I don’t know who “the powers that be” are that controls the NCAA like that, but if that’s the case I might as well find another damn team to cheer for. If what you are saying is truth, then we have no chance in hell to try to improve our position. Hard enough trying to do it without outside influence trying to keep you from improving your program. Just can’t see how this happens.

PTB are a large percentage of the folks that make up the NCAA committees. And the NCAA is definitely not interested in seeing MSU use a crippled OM to enhance our position, of that I'm sure.

Goldendawg
01-01-2018, 10:13 PM

Heck, like I've posted b4 today, UNM has a good chance to have a top 30 recruiting class after signees in Feb. So much for real punishment!

HoopsDawg
01-01-2018, 10:15 PM
Days like today make me so pissed we have 2 SEC schools in our state.

Also, still can't believe Ole Miss didn't get hammered.

maroonmania
01-01-2018, 10:16 PM
Yeah but who would control the NCAA that way? And why would they do it? What do they care if MSU improves?

Come on, follow the money man. In their view, traditional powers = more viewers = more TV money.

Bdawg
01-01-2018, 10:37 PM
PTB are a large percentage of the folks that make up the NCAA committees. And the NCAA is definitely not interested in seeing MSU use a crippled OM to enhance our position, of that I'm sure.

Totally pisses me off. Hurt OM just enough so they don’t mess with the big boys but not enough to help us too much. Total BS. So if we cheated, would the NCAA slap us on the wrist so we wouldn’t help OM too much? This is all still a hard sell for me I guess.