PDA

View Full Version : How much $$ did UGA just make us?

Leeshouldveflanked
01-01-2018, 09:21 PM
What is the $$$ for making the championship game?

Apoplectic
01-01-2018, 09:27 PM
Zero directly

West Tn Dawg
01-01-2018, 09:28 PM
A bunch!!!!!

Goldendawg
01-01-2018, 09:29 PM
Does UNM get any share of bowl $ under their NCAA "punishment"?

Leeshouldveflanked
01-01-2018, 09:31 PM
Does UNM get any share of bowl $ under their NCAA "punishment"?

No, theirs is divided up with the rest of SEC... Thanks for the check Ole Miss!

Statecoachingblows**
01-01-2018, 09:55 PM

Bout time they made a contribution to the conference!

Goldendawg
01-01-2018, 09:57 PM

How many years?

Apoplectic
01-01-2018, 10:03 PM
(3) A conference will receive $6 million for each team that is selected for the semifinal games. There will be no additional distribution to conferences whose teams qualify for the national championship game

Barkman Turner Overdrive
01-01-2018, 10:03 PM
How many years?

During the years they are ineligible for postseason play. So this year and hopefully next year as well.

Goldendawg
01-01-2018, 10:08 PM
(3) A conference will receive $6 million for each team that is selected for the semifinal games. There will be no additional distribution to conferences whose teams qualify for the national championship game

So no extra cash for the SEC in a bama/Ga final? Not fair at all!

Apoplectic
01-01-2018, 10:57 PM
So no extra cash for the SEC in a bama/Ga final? Not fair at all!

The following estimates of the CFP revenue distribution are based on preliminary calculations for the 2017-18 season and are only approximate projections of potential revenue distribution from each component:

(1) Each conference will receive $300,000 for each of its schools when the school's football team meets the NCAA's APR for participation in a post-season football game. Each independent institution will also receive the $300,000 when its football team meets that standard.

(2) Each of the 10 conferences will also receive a base amount. For conferences that have contracts for their champions to participate in the Orange, Rose or Sugar Bowl, the base combined with the full academic performance pool will be approximately $54 million for each conference. The five conferences that do not have contracts for their champions to participate in the Orange, Rose or Sugar Bowls will receive approximately $81.32 million in aggregate (full academic pool plus base), which the conferences will distribute as they choose. Notre Dame will receive a payment of $2.65 million if it meets the APR standard; the other three independents will share $928,503.

(3) A conference will receive $6 million for each team that is selected for the semifinal games. There will be no additional distribution to conferences whose teams qualify for the national championship game. A conference will receive $4 million for each team that plays in a non-playoff bowl under the arrangement (in 2017-18, the Cotton, Fiesta and Peach Bowls).

(4) Each conference whose team participates in a playoff semifinal, Cotton, Fiesta or Peach Bowl, or in the national championship game will receive $2.25 million to cover expenses for each game.

Additionally, certain conferences in the Football Championship Subdivision conferences will receive $2.53 million in aggregate.

Ezsoil
01-01-2018, 11:34 PM
If Alabama wins as well having 2 teams in the final will earn each school 2 million more that having one team in the final

sandwolf
01-01-2018, 11:45 PM

You sure about that? I thought that their money went into escrow and they got it after their probation ended or something like that....

Homedawg
01-02-2018, 12:38 AM
You sure about that? I thought that their money went into escrow and they got it after their probation ended or something like that....

Yes. Part of it goes into escrow. They don't lose all of it.

Homedawg
01-02-2018, 12:40 AM
What is the $$$ for making the championship game?

Best I can tell they and bama made us nothing for making it to the next game. They will spend the entire 2+ million in expenses and therefore the league gets nothing extra.

Mimi's Babies
01-02-2018, 09:39 AM
Let's take a look at Om.
1. They were to have returned 7.8 million dollars to the Sugar Bowl.
2. Every year a certain amount of the bowl proceed go into escrow and are paid out to the 14 teams, evenly. This is money above the cost of the teams expenses.
3. That escrow account is then divided among the 14 SEC teams. EXCEPT THIS YEAR. A team MUST be bowl eligible to participate in the escrow account. (I asked this question last night).
4. SINCE, I believe my source to be correct, He states that Om will not receive any money and the total proceeds will be divided 13 ways. Leaving Om "freezed out".
5. Lots of money...... This could pay for some of the South end zone improvements.
6. Pay out last year is reported to be 40.4 minion to each school.

Dawgology
01-02-2018, 09:53 AM
Let's take a look at Om.
1. They were to have returned 7.8 million dollars to the Sugar Bowl.
2. Every year a certain amount of the bowl proceed go into escrow and are paid out to the 14 teams, evenly. This is money above the cost of the teams expenses.
3. That escrow account is then divided among the 14 SEC teams. EXCEPT THIS YEAR. A team MUST be bowl eligible to participate in the escrow account. (I asked this question last night).
4. SINCE, I believe my source to be correct, He states that Om will not receive any money and the total proceeds will be divided 13 ways. Leaving Om "freezed out".
5. Lots of money...... This could pay for some of the South end zone improvements.
6. Pay out last year is reported to be 40.4 minion to each school.

This actually jives with what I heard.

Mimi's Babies
01-02-2018, 10:34 AM
So I googled this topic. Found interesting data from Forbes article. Interesting articles for sure. Our payout could be upwards of 7 figures. Sure hope so. It pays to keep your nose clean...