PDA

View Full Version : DWS Stadium wishlist

Maroonbulldog
01-01-2018, 06:03 PM
This may have been discussed before- but after going to the GatorSlayer bowl- it confirmed an idea I‘ve had for a while-

We really don’t need more seats- and with the way the state of CFB is going- amenities and giving the fans a reason to go to the games vs sitting home and watching on TV is a must. This is a discussion I had w a member of the BDC a few years ago.

I would like to see us bowl in the stadium like most of us want, but in place of premium seating- add chairbacks. This eliminates the need to tote in seats, and some fans taking. Up more than their fair share of seats to boot. The stadium Saturday Even has plush seats between the 30’s and it was quite nice.

Anyone think Cohen would consider this?

starkvegasdawg
01-01-2018, 06:06 PM
He would consider whatever would make the most money.

Dawgbite
01-01-2018, 06:09 PM
Both the east and west lower level needs to be all chair backs. This will lower capacity so we will need to bowl the south end in to get capacity back up to current level. Make the new south end some sort of club level with a big upper deck with a view of both the game and the junction.

RocketDawg
01-01-2018, 06:17 PM
Both the east and west lower level needs to be all chair backs. This will lower capacity so we will need to bowl the south end in to get capacity back up to current level. Make the new south end some sort of club level with a big upper deck with a view of both the game and the junction.

Doing that really would be ideal. Of course, they'd have to do something with the Seal Building, which wouldn't be a big loss. Also run the ribbon boards all the way around the stadium. Might even want to make the south endzone just like the north, or at least make a foundation capable of future add-on when needed.

DogsofAnarchy
01-01-2018, 06:47 PM
This may have been discussed before- but after going to the GatorSlayer bowl- it confirmed an idea I?ve had for a while-

We really don?t need more seats- and with the way the state of CFB is going- amenities and giving the fans a reason to go to the games vs sitting home and watching on TV is a must. This is a discussion I had w a member of the BDC a few years ago.

I would like to see us bowl in the stadium like most of us want, but in place of premium seating- add chairbacks. This eliminates the need to tote in seats, and some fans taking. Up more than their fair share of seats to boot. The stadium Saturday Even has plush seats between the 30?s and it was quite nice.

One thing I would like to see, and I know it sounds trivial but I have heard thousands of people around Memphis talk about, is putting MAROON lighting on our stadium when nothing is going on at the stadium. The liberty Bowl looks SO cool at night when nothing is happening there and it is bathed in blue. Cool thing to see and every little thing makes a difference.

RocketDawg
01-01-2018, 06:55 PM
One thing I would like to see, and I know it sounds trivial but I have heard thousands of people around Memphis talk about, is putting MAROON lighting on our stadium when nothing is going at the stadium. The liberty Bowl looks SO cool at night when nothing is happening there and it is bathed in blue. Cool thing to see and every little thing makes a difference.

I'd hate to pay the bill for that. Memphis probably does it because of the neighborhood.

Jack Lambert
01-01-2018, 06:57 PM
I want a National Championship banner.

KOdawg1
01-01-2018, 07:10 PM
-make the west side upper deck match the east. I know it's nit-picky, but it would look better if they were identical.

-like Todd said in another thread, mic the band so we can hear them. it'll add to the atmosphere

-probably a long shot, but I think it'd be cool if we put a roof over the upper decks like Washington's stadium has. it would make those September games a little more bearable. it also looks pretty cool. like I said though, it's a long shot.

DogsofAnarchy
01-01-2018, 07:23 PM
I'd hate to pay the bill for that. Memphis probably does it because of the neighborhood.

I’m not talking about the PLAYING lights. We already have lights on at night when nothing is going on. I’m just talking about changing the color of the light bulbs. Good lord!!

RocketDawg
01-01-2018, 07:30 PM
I’m not talking about the PLAYING lights. We already have lights on at night when nothing is going on. I’m just talking about changing the color of the light bulbs. Good lord!!

Seemed like that's what you meant. :)

preachermatt83
01-01-2018, 07:46 PM

This!!!

West Tn Dawg
01-01-2018, 07:53 PM
I want a National Championship banner.

Amen!

bulldogcountry1
01-01-2018, 08:09 PM
I guess I can't understand increasing capacity for the sake of increasing capacity. Across CFB, it's getting harder and harder to get people to attend games. Until we can fill up DWS at 11:00 AM, let's shelve the expansion talk. I believe all improvements should be geared towards making the experience better for the core fan base, whether that is more premium options or chairbacks.

As a random non-season ticket holding fan, I would be much more excited about driving 3 hours if I knew I something better too look forward to than a small length of aluminum bleacher.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-01-2018, 08:26 PM
Hotel or Condo's South Endzone with party decks... Jerry World type club on bottom of South Endzone with recruiting lounge...Chairbacks lower level Sidelines... Move all visitor seating upstairs.. update and expand pressbox running it full length of field.... Implode Dorman and build a parking garage/mass transit rail/bus station to shuttle people on/off campus

Maroonbulldog
01-01-2018, 09:19 PM
I guess I can't understand increasing capacity for the sake of increasing capacity. Across CFB, it's getting harder and harder to get people to attend games. Until we can fill up DWS at 11:00 AM, let's shelve the expansion talk. I believe all improvements should be geared towards making the experience better for the core fan base, whether that is more premium options or chairbacks.

As a random non-season ticket holding fan, I would be much more excited about driving 3 hours if I knew I something better too look forward to than a small length of aluminum bleacher.

This was exactly the point I was trying to make in my original post.

dogshiek
01-01-2018, 09:26 PM
Beer concessions would be nice.

Belegal
01-01-2018, 09:29 PM
What would a roof cost?

Pinto
01-01-2018, 09:38 PM
I've always thought it would look cool to put chair backs on west side sections 3, 4, 5 in maroon and white to make the logo.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/36/Mississippi_State_Bulldogs_logo.svg

Goldendawg
01-01-2018, 09:40 PM
We are season ticket holders (50 plus years) in section 4, about row 20. Something small, but you couldn't even read the seat #'s on the row or the # on the end of the row this past year. Makes it hard for the visiting fans from bama and LSU to find their seats they bought from dawgs for these games. Wish I was kidding about both issues. I do wish we would bowl the end with premium seats as needed with a new home locker room and M-Club. Add chairbacks on each side lower decks.

bulldogcountry1
01-01-2018, 10:00 PM
What would a roof cost?

Not sure if you are serious or not, but have been wondering if it were possible to install some sort of retractable, breathable, shading cover. Heck, we are an engineering school. We should be able to come up with something.

How much more tolerable would a September 11:00 game be if you were in the shade?

Howboutdemdogs
01-01-2018, 10:22 PM
Many aspects and concepts have been said,,, which are great. I really wish that they would have one section on the ribbon reserved for game stats only. It seems that they have other game scores up there too long. By the time the stats show up, you are too engaged in the game to notice or observe. Have the games scores somewhere, but real time stats up all ththe time.

Belegal
01-01-2018, 10:36 PM
Country I was serious & I agree with you- this would make us 1 of a kind in sec football & aid attendance for many years- let's think outside the box! We need to be unique to keep up with the Bamas of world

Thick
01-01-2018, 10:47 PM
This may have been discussed before- but after going to the GatorSlayer bowl- it confirmed an idea I?ve had for a while-

We really don?t need more seats- and with the way the state of CFB is going- amenities and giving the fans a reason to go to the games vs sitting home and watching on TV is a must. This is a discussion I had w a member of the BDC a few years ago.

I would like to see us bowl in the stadium like most of us want, but in place of premium seating- add chairbacks. This eliminates the need to tote in seats, and some fans taking. Up more than their fair share of seats to boot. The stadium Saturday Even has plush seats between the 30?s and it was quite nice.

Well....we are going to bowl in the south end zone. That was part of the Ninja?s original plan, and the AD is moving forward with those plans in the future (not sure when). I was told that the south end zone would mirror the north for cosmetics.

maroonmania
01-01-2018, 11:07 PM
Not directly related to DWS BUT I get sick and tired of hearing the complaints about attendance for 11:00 games yet at the same time when we have them the University wants to close up everything on campus by 3:00. Changing that would help the experience for a lot of fans although I guess the University doesn't want to pay any workers after the game is over. But you can't beg thousands of people to come to campus for 11:00 games and then not allow anything on campus to be accessible the rest of the day after the game completes. Would it be such a big deal to at least show the 2:30 games in the Union?

Mimi's Babies
01-01-2018, 11:51 PM
Beer concessions would be nice.

This is not going to happen. MSU is dry... According to county laws and the SEC.

Liverpooldawg
01-02-2018, 09:36 AM
This is not going to happen. MSU is dry... According to county laws and the SEC.

The city is beginning the process to annex the campus, and a good bit more, I believe.

Homedawg
01-02-2018, 03:51 PM

So barely increasing the capacity at a huge price tag and not increasing income much by going to chairbacks. How you gonna pay for it???

IMissJack
01-02-2018, 04:29 PM
We are season ticket holders (50 plus years) in section 4, about row 20. Something small, but you couldn't even read the seat #'s on the row or the # on the end of the row this past year. Makes it hard for the visiting fans from bama and LSU to find their seats they bought from dawgs for these games. Wish I was kidding about both issues. I do wish we would bowl the end with premium seats as needed with a new home locker room and M-Club. Add chairbacks on each side lower decks.

Yes, some of the aluminum bleachers really need some attention also. The ginormous step lengths in section 4 also need to be halved.

DawgNamedScuba
01-02-2018, 04:38 PM
Since this is a wish list, which will never come true. I want a HyperLoop Hub! Fast travel from one state to another! I would be at every game!

jacksondawg
01-02-2018, 04:53 PM
I would tear down dorman hall and put up some sort hotel/condos up that overlook the junction with a parking garage on the back side. I think it would be something unique to the campus especially during football season. I also like the idea of making the west side upper deck match the east side.

Lord McBuckethead
01-02-2018, 05:18 PM
-make the west side upper deck match the east. I know it's nit-picky, but it would look better if they were identical.

-like Todd said in another thread, mic the band so we can hear them. it'll add to the atmosphere

-probably a long shot, but I think it'd be cool if we put a roof over the upper decks like Washington's stadium has. it would make those September games a little more bearable. it also looks pretty cool. like I said though, it's a long shot.

We could Mic the crowd like bama does.

Lord McBuckethead
01-02-2018, 05:24 PM
I would add chairbacks to the east and west lower bowls.
I would tear down and redesign the mclub from the ground up.
1. Build in lower bowl south seating, probably 30 rows or so, whatever looks appropriate compared to the other two lower bowls.
2. All new luxury suites above that level including the MClub level with a MClub party deck areas.
3. New facilities including home locker room, pregame meeting areas, junction overlook area and provide a new backdrop for SEC Nation telecast. Two sided Jumbotron to show games during tailgating.
4. Triumphal arch type entrance at the end of the dog walk. Shouldn't be that hard to do, because the stadium should have a monumental entrance on that side anyway.
5. The new Leo Seal bell tower that has a giant cowbell incorporated so high rollers can signal everyone to come inside the stadium 1 hr to kick.

PM me Cohen if you want to hear more. I could be at your office in 10 minutes.

sleepy dawg
01-02-2018, 08:20 PM
I want a hamburger on the upper deck east side.

Mimi's Babies
01-02-2018, 11:42 PM
The city is beginning the process to annex the campus, and a good bit more, I believe.

Just like South Carolina the city will go around the college. Except where will they go? Starkville doesn't want to repair/replace or add new utilities as it is for the city how will they incorpate any new area. Intact they went around one area they don't want to 'fix' on highway 12 west.

msbulldog
01-03-2018, 07:40 AM

Nope, it's state law "no alcoholic beverages on state property".