PDA

View Full Version : Sweat going pro?

Cooterpoot
01-01-2018, 04:49 PM
Got a text saying he?s leaving. Anybody heard anything? Just rumor?

Really Clark?
01-01-2018, 05:00 PM
Hunter on 247 is stating that the player friend of his told him that Sweat is going pro but Paul states that people in the program are stating it looks like he is staying.

Apoplectic
01-01-2018, 05:04 PM
Hunter on 247 is stating that the player friend of his told him that Sweat is going pro but Paul states that people in the program are stating it looks like he is staying.

Since Paul is jean jr I?m leaning toward him leaving based on the season he had and common sense

Ifyouonlyknew
01-01-2018, 05:10 PM
Since Paul is jean jr I?m leaning toward him leaving based on the season he had and common sense

I don't get that comparison at all. Paul & Gene that is.

MetEdDawg
01-01-2018, 05:18 PM
Well here’s the thing. He had to get a good grade. It’s not like he’s a borderline NFL prospect. He’s going in the first 3 rounds. Question is did he get a grade that’s potentially life changing for a very long time (1st-2nd round), or did he get something that’s 2nd-4th round that says he has some to work on.

We may think he’s underrated (I think one of the more underrated players in the conference, maybe the country) but if he’s good enough the NFL knows it. I have to think he’s gonna get a good grade. How good is good?

Ifyouonlyknew
01-01-2018, 05:20 PM
Well here’s the thing. He had to get a good grade. It’s not like he’s a borderline NFL prospect. He’s going in the first 3 rounds. Question is did he get a grade that’s potentially life changing for a very long time (1st-2nd round), or did he get something that’s 2nd-4th round that says he has some to work on.

We may think he’s underrated (I think one of the more underrated players in the conference, maybe the country) but if he’s good enough the NFL knows it. I have to think he’s gonna get a good grade. How good is good?

They only give you a 1st or 2nd rd grade now. Anything below that is considered a neither or come back to school grade.

RocketDawg
01-01-2018, 05:24 PM
Do they just grade juniors?

MetEdDawg
01-01-2018, 05:24 PM
They only give you a 1st or 2nd rd grade now. Anything below that is considered a neither or come back to school grade.

Really? You got to figure the NFL and NCAA worked to make that happen. Will hopefully prevent kids like Bear from making bad decisions by seeing a number on there then being left hanging when they don’t get drafted. In the end although I think it would be nice for a tad more feedback than just those 2 rounds, I get why they made that change.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Really? You got to figure the NFL and NCAA worked to make that happen. Will hopefully prevent kids like Bear from making bad decisions by seeing a number on there then being left hanging when they don’t get drafted. In the end although I think it would be nice for a tad more feedback than just those 2 rounds, I get why they made that change.

Bear could've & likely got a go back to school/I drafted grade he was leaving regardless.

Apoplectic
01-01-2018, 05:42 PM
Bear could've & likely got a go back to school/I drafted grade he was leaving regardless.

We all know this biz - someone is in his ear