PDA

View Full Version : Rumor on 247 that TBuck

Todd4State
01-01-2018, 03:20 PM
Might be staying after all.

Honestly I would be good with that. I would be good with Woodson too.

preachermatt83
01-01-2018, 04:03 PM
If we retain tbuck instead of English then it's a mistake.

Cooterpoot
01-01-2018, 04:06 PM
English coaches the same position as Shoop.

preachermatt83
01-01-2018, 04:07 PM
English coaches the same position as Shoop.

English can coach cb's

Cooterpoot
01-01-2018, 04:10 PM
He never has...give me the proven guy. Plus, English supposedly has a DC job lined up already.

preachermatt83
01-01-2018, 04:13 PM
He never has...give me the proven guy. Plus, English supposedly has a DC job lined up already.
And he will kill it too. Should have been ours

bulldawg28
01-01-2018, 04:15 PM
And hye will kill it too. Should have been ours

He called an outstanding game Saturday.

Goldendawg
01-01-2018, 04:16 PM
I don't understand the love for T-buck. Our CB's have been a weakness under him and he hardly used his connections in Fla to deliver many recruits. JMO.

preachermatt83
01-01-2018, 04:16 PM
He called an outstanding game Saturday.

He certainly did.

Cooterpoot
01-01-2018, 04:17 PM
Hell on. You guys bitching about every hire kill me. Shoop was top notch before TN. English wasn’t in demand. He took a Safties job. English is a good coach. But Shoop is really good and has proven it in the SEC and Big 10.

Cooterpoot
01-01-2018, 04:19 PM
I don't understand the love for T-buck. Our CB's have been a weakness under him and he hardly used his connections in Fla to deliver many recruits. JMO.

Our safties were worse in coverage than our CBs the last few years.

MetEdDawg
01-01-2018, 04:19 PM
English was never staying beyond this year unless we had sucked defensively. Former HCs, no matter their record as a HC, very rarely remain as position coaches very long.

Either way, whatever we do, I think we will be fine.

preachermatt83
01-01-2018, 04:20 PM
Hell on. You guys bitching about every hire kill me. Shoop was top notch before TN. English wasn’t in demand. He took a Safties job. English is a good coach. But Shoop is really good and has proven it in the SEC.

Shoop has never done ANYTHING without Brent Pry. When the two parted ways, one continued to do well and one was an embarrassment. Wanna guess which was which. I'm a huge joeMo guy and I like several of his hires. Especially on the offensive side but Shoop is a joke.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-01-2018, 04:26 PM
Most of the bust against UGA, Auburn and Ole Miss were on the Safeties......

Goldendawg
01-01-2018, 04:33 PM

Looking for strong secondary play in 2018. Hail State!

msstate7
01-01-2018, 04:37 PM
Delete

Cooterpoot
01-01-2018, 04:45 PM
Shoop has never done ANYTHING without Brent Pry. When the two parted ways, one continued to do well and one was an embarrassment. Wanna guess which was which. I'm a huge joeMo guy and I like several of his hires. Especially on the offensive side but Shoop is a joke.

Nevermind he worked at a dumpster fire program and lost over a quarter of his starters. Had an offense that kept the defense on the field. English took a safeties coaching job. He wasn’t getting DC offers. Stop being emotional over a bowl game. His safeties steuggled with coverage at State and Michigan.

gravedigger
01-01-2018, 04:50 PM
Nevermind he worked at a dumpster fire program and lost over a quarter of his starters. Had an offense that kept the defense on the field. English took a safeties coaching job. He wasn’t getting DC offers. Stop being emotional over a bowl game. His safeties steuggled with coverage at State and Michigan.

Preacher?s opinions are typically a good way to determine what would be a POOR decision.

BeastMan
01-01-2018, 04:51 PM
Y’all see Paul report it and then 3 hours later Steve reports the same thing? 3 hours later! That merger is a shit-show.

MafiaDawg
01-01-2018, 04:54 PM
It's like they don't ever commmunicate. It makes the whole site look terrible.

bulldawg28
01-01-2018, 05:03 PM

That's due to having safeties covering slot WR's that's an offensive advantage in any defense. When we played Louisville we used corners mostly against those WR's and kept the safeties roaming free. You saw what happened.

Homedawg
01-01-2018, 05:08 PM
Preacher?s opinions are typically a good way to determine what would be a POOR decision.
This^^^^^^

Ifyouonlyknew
01-01-2018, 05:09 PM
And he will kill it too. Should have been ours

Our what?

Really Clark?
01-01-2018, 05:10 PM

Bull. He was a DC before ever meeting Pry and made all game calls for Vandy and PSU while Pry just handled LB's. You act like it's a Tom Allen situation at UNM when he was making a lot of in game calls and adjustments eventhough Allen wasn't the DC. Not even close to the same situations. Not to mention Shoop was also mentored by Don Brown

msstate7
01-01-2018, 05:11 PM
Our what?

Preacher obviously hates shoop. Personally I think shoop is more than lucky to have had pry on staff

Commercecomet24
01-01-2018, 05:17 PM
Bull. He was a DC before ever meeting Pry and made all game calls for Vandy and PSU while Pry just handled LB's. You act like it's a Tom Allen situation at UNM when he was making a lot of in game calls and adjustments eventhough Allen wasn't the DC. Not even close to the same situations. Not to mention Shoop was also mentored by Don Brown

This! Shoop knows his stuff!

Commercecomet24
01-01-2018, 05:18 PM
That's due to having safeties covering slot WR's that's an offensive advantage in any defense. When we played Louisville we used corners mostly against those WR's and kept the safeties roaming free. You saw what happened.

Yep huge difference and great adjustments by the staff!

BeastMan
01-01-2018, 05:22 PM
It's like they don't ever commmunicate. It makes the whole site look terrible.

Being that communication has never been an issue on that board until recently, I think we know the culprit. Even if they didn?t speak, a 2 second review of the board fixes it from happening.