PDA

View Full Version : Lovett decommitted

Big4Dawg
01-01-2018, 01:12 AM
Happy new year?

ScottH
01-01-2018, 01:15 AM
I am anxious to see how Moorhead handles these issues.

My guess we will see new DL names crop up immediately.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 01:18 AM
Well, look at the list of past flips.

He is signing up for failure

Commercecomet24
01-01-2018, 01:19 AM
We gonna be just fine. Our dl is deep and I?m confident JoMo gonna find someone else.

msstate7
01-01-2018, 01:23 AM
I thought he decommitted on signing day by not signing the LOI.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 01:24 AM
After losing Williams and Lovett, gotta wonder if Baker keeps his job?

Shouldn’t have been very difficult to beat out OM in this one when all they can sell is FR playing time for a team that is ineligible.

Can’t lose easy recruiting battles like this one.

Liverpooldawg
01-01-2018, 01:25 AM
I make it a point never to get worked up either way about recruiting. They ain’t ours till they are signed and on campus. Y’all need to remember that. Also, you don’t have a real clue as to what they will do on an NCAA field till you see them a few times. Ask me in 3-4 years how we did this year.

DogsofAnarchy
01-01-2018, 01:25 AM
Happy new year?

Trust me , I would like to have the guy but in the end of the day a 3-Star guy that can’t see what has been done at MSU....Fletcher Cox, Chris Jones, Pernell McPhee, Denico Autrey, and SEVERAL others in the NFL right now.....dude just doesn’t get it. So it ain’t worth the drama. No ONE player can be bigger than the program, it’s as simple as that.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2018, 01:27 AM

Shouldn’t have been very difficult to beat out OM in this one when all they can sell is FR playing time for a team that is ineligible.

We have 13 dl on roster right now and a couple more coming. These guys just might look at depth chart and realize they got a tough road to hoe.

Big4Dawg
01-01-2018, 01:27 AM

Agree. And I hope our fans don’t buy the “paying time” narrative.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2018, 01:28 AM
I make it a point never to get worked up either way about recruiting. They ain’t ours till they are signed and on campus. Y’all need to remember that. Also, you don’t have a real clue as to what they will do on an NCAA field till you see them a few times. Ask me in 3-4 years how we did this year.

Yep. Right perspective

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 01:29 AM
Agree. And I hope our fans don’t buy the “paying time” narrative.

Yeah, I mean I’m not sure what was done, but we had plenty of warning. Not a good sign for our future recruiting efforts if we couldn’t lock this one up.

We just let OM flip 2 DL when they have nothing but bullshit to sell.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 01:30 AM
We have 13 dl on roster right now and a couple more coming. These guys just might look at depth chart and realize they got a tough road to hoe.

In the 2019 the depth chart clears. If paying time was the issue, the kid just chose his freshman year over the rest of his career. Again, not a good sign for the new staff. They better learn quick how this works

CadaverDawg
01-01-2018, 01:32 AM
Guy is scared to compete, wants it handed to him. Farewell....You clearly aren’t MSU material.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2018, 01:33 AM
In the 2019 the depth chart clears. If paying time was the issue, the kid just chose his freshman year over the rest of his career. Again, not a good sign for the new staff. They better learn quick how this works

I?m willing to give joe more than 5 weeks before I go saying he can?t recruit. And yeah most of these guys expect to play as freshman that?s the way it is.

Todd4State
01-01-2018, 01:35 AM
Yeah, I mean I?m not sure what was done, but we had plenty of warning. Not a good sign for our future recruiting efforts if we couldn?t lock this one up.

All I want is Joe to fire back and flip at least one of their recruits either this year or next. If they want to play this game, I just ask that we do too.

That is what will ultimately stop it.

Liverpooldawg
01-01-2018, 01:36 AM
Yeah, I mean I’m not sure what was done, but we had plenty of warning. Not a good sign for our future recruiting efforts if we couldn’t lock this one up.

So you have the whole story do you? Chill out Francis.

Todd4State
01-01-2018, 01:37 AM

I'm pretty sure Johnson and Woodson can fill him in. As can Hud. That's the good thing about hiring Ole Miss guys. They know how the system works and where the bodies are buried.

chainedup_Dawg
01-01-2018, 01:48 AM
All I want is Joe to fire back and flip at least one of their recruits either this year or next. If they want to play this game, I just ask that we do too.

That's the thing, though...who of their recruits do we really want on our team? I honestly can't think of one

Commercecomet24
01-01-2018, 01:54 AM
That's the thing, though...who of their recruits do we really want on our team? I honestly can't think of one

Yep exactly. I?m good friends with a coach here in south Mississippi. There?s a recruit on his team that signed with unm. He told me this kid wouldn?t even start at usm but unm is taking him cause they don?t have much to pick from and they?re not dropping him cause they need every recruit. He said unm was the only real offer he had after the season.

DogsofAnarchy
01-01-2018, 01:55 AM
Yeah, I mean I?m not sure what was done, but we had plenty of warning. Not a good sign for our future recruiting efforts if we couldn?t lock this one up.

Hey Shotgun....calm down brother....breath....let this play out. These Drama Queens don?t usually work out.
We are going to recruit just fine.....calm down....

This was in the works before this staff even got hired. So just calm down brother....Serenity NOW!!!

Todd4State
01-01-2018, 01:57 AM

Absolutely good point. And I should have quantified a recruit that we actually want. That's part of the reason why I said this year or next.

I'll say this too- the important thing is that we are keeping Devon Robinson. He is massively underrated. Playing in the Team USA International Bowl along with Jalen Mayden. His ranking of 83 is hilarious. Geor'quarious Spivey I think will end up at DE and he's another guy I like a lot too. Crumedy is a four star guy that might play DE but I'm not sure yet.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2018, 02:00 AM
Absolutely good point. And I should have quantified a recruit that we actually want. That's part of the reason why I said this year or next.

I'll say this too- the important thing is that we are keeping Devon Robinson. He is massively underrated. Playing in the Team USA International Bowl along with Jalen Mayden. His ranking of 83 is hilarious. Geor'quarious Spivey I think will end up at DE and he's another guy I like a lot too. Crumedy is a four star guy that might play DE but I'm not sure yet.

Devon Robinson is incredibly underrated. He has the potential to be a big time player and Crumedy is really good!

parabrave
01-01-2018, 02:03 AM
So you have the whole story do you? Chill out Francis.

Call me psycho. Some of these High Schoolers think they should be starters their freshmen year.

Todd4State
01-01-2018, 02:14 AM
Call me psycho. Some of these High Schoolers think they should be starters their freshmen year.

Their attitude SHOULD be that they will compete for a starting job. Emphasis on the word should. Of course it doesn't help that they have these recruiters telling them how awesome they are and then they end up having to have the redshirt talk at the end of fall practice. Then Ole Miss has to pay to keep them on campus. That kind of happened with Tobias Singleton.

Todd4State
01-01-2018, 02:16 AM
Devon Robinson is incredibly underrated. He has the potential to be a big time player and Crumedy is really good!

He's going to be the next "where did MSU find that guy" guy.

I'll say this- there aren't many guys in our class that I have questions about right now. Honestly probably for the first time in awhile.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2018, 02:18 AM
He's going to be the next "where did MSU find that guy" guy.

I'll say this- there aren't many guys in our class that I have questions about right now. Honestly probably for the first time in awhile.

Agreed. Really solid group so far with some real difference makers and joe may pull a surprise or 2 before nsd

JDog13
01-01-2018, 02:20 AM

Williams went cheap. Real cheap.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 02:43 AM
Hey Shotgun....calm down brother....breath....let this play out. These Drama Queens don?t usually work out.
We are going to recruit just fine.....calm down....

This was in the works before this staff even got hired. So just calm down brother....Serenity NOW!!!

Kinda of tired of the calm down mafia. Everyone has their own way of reacting.

Cooterpoot
01-01-2018, 02:46 AM
Lovett couldn?t make it without his buddy and he doesn?t want to have to earn a spot. Screw him. This was in the works for awhile anyway.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2018, 02:49 AM
Lovett couldn?t make it without his buddy and he doesn?t want to have to earn a spot. Screw him. This was in the works for awhile anyway.

Yep. And they had this planned to happen after our bowl game and most especially now that we won

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 02:51 AM
I’m just tired of playing defense in recruiting.

I’m with Todd, even if it’s just for show, we need to start flipping theirs once a year as well. Seems ridiculous that this only happens to one side of this rivalry.

Kid didn’t want to compete so screw him.

Todd4State
01-01-2018, 02:58 AM
Yep. And they had this planned to happen after our bowl game and most especially now that we won

Well, they probably didn't plan on us winning our bowl game and were probably going to wait until NSD. Our boys just caused the process to occur more quickly by winning the Gator Bowl. They can't stand it when we're happy. That's one reason why they went completely apeshit in the Egg Bowl.

I'll guess they try to do some hat ceremony- because he just de-committed. He hasn't technically flipped yet. They'll try to save that for NSD or something like that I bet. If I'm Joe I might just pull his offer and beat them to the punch.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2018, 03:00 AM
Well, they probably didn't plan on us winning our bowl game and were probably going to wait until NSD. Our boys just caused the process to occur more quickly by winning the Gator Bowl. They can't stand it when we're happy. That's one reason why they went completely apeshit in the Egg Bowl.

I'll guess they try to do some hat ceremony- because he just de-committed. He hasn't technically flipped yet. They'll try to save that for NSD or something like that I bet. If I'm Joe I might just pull his offer and beat them to the punch.

Bingo!

I?ve got a feeling that Joe gonna handle recruiting differently than the country club did. This man comes from a steel workers family. Y?all ever met any of those folks? They are some of the hardest working non bs people in the world. I just got a feeling joe ain?t gonna let the bears run roughshod over our recruits. Let him get his feet on the ground and I think we?ll see it.

Maroonthirteen
01-01-2018, 05:26 AM
OMs #1 play in recruiting is to sign one guy to sign the other guy. That’s what this latest decommitment is. I was a kid once too. I can totally understand wanting to go to school with friends. Best of luck to him.

JoMo.... I imagine he is going to learn a lot about how dirty the sec is in first go around in recruiting.

bulldawg28
01-01-2018, 06:21 AM
I’m just tired of playing defense in recruiting.

I’m with Todd, even if it’s just for show, we need to start flipping theirs once a year as well. Seems ridiculous that this only happens to one side of this rivalry.

Kid didn’t want to compete so screw him.

Why would we do it for show? Your unbelievable?! These are kids man, kids! You'd swear Ole Miss took your family hostage and raped them for 30 years in chains with your mindset. It's a football game that your not getting paid for. I'm sure you don't have a son or a daughter but imagine if a coach thought like you towards your child? I'm pretty sure the kid wants to play. If Ole Miss is his chance to play let him go, who cares? He isn't Kemdeche. It's not a coache's responsibility to screw over a kid for the sake of fan entertainment.

MetEdDawg
01-01-2018, 07:28 AM
Let them have Lovett. Baker is a phenomenal coach and was by far the best position coach on the previous staff. Our DL was straight dominant this year.

Why would we suffer getting rid of him because OM flipped 2 DL, one of which is probably going juco and the other wants to play early and we definitely don’t have that available?

There are others out there that are talented and Moorhead will find them. You guys have to realize we are dealing with teenagers. It should tell you something about the kid if they would rather play at OM than MSU right now.

msstate7
01-01-2018, 08:28 AM
So this kid waiting till new year (after 12am) to announce this? This screams of OM choreography. Forget this kid... hope he starts next season opposite Greg Eiland

Bothrops
01-01-2018, 08:54 AM
Lovett has the talent to make the NFL, even at Ole Miss. This is a loss. Just have to hope we can somehow find a quality replacement.

I hope it doesn't take Moorhead as long to figure out recruiting in the SEC west as it did Dan. This place is as different from the Big 10, as the north is from the south. I don't think Moorhead is the flipping kind either.

Cooterpoot
01-01-2018, 09:11 AM
Lovett didn’t even dominate at the all star game. We’ve got two guys next year in Pickering and Moore that are both better.
And if Lovett is letting friends dictate decisions in life, he’s a follower not a leader.

msbulldog
01-01-2018, 09:12 AM

They don't have any recruits we want this year.

Bdawg
01-01-2018, 09:12 AM

Didn’t his buddy sign at Memphis? Or did he just visit? If so, it would be hilarious if he went to Memphis instead of OM.

Cooterpoot
01-01-2018, 09:16 AM
No. And with the way scholarships are going to be handled in the future, it’s going to be tougher to sign guys just to get someone. Whop made a tough decision. Give me kids like that over these that get sand in their vag over their friends not coming with them.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 09:54 AM
Lovett has the talent to make the NFL, even at Ole Miss. This is a loss. Just have to hope we can somehow find a quality replacement.

I hope it doesn't take Moorhead as long to figure out recruiting in the SEC west as it did Dan. This place is as different from the Big 10, as the north is from the south. I don't think Moorhead is the flipping kind either.

I don?t think he is the flipping kind either.

Every decision he?s made thus far has been extremely conservative. He?ll need to alter that.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 09:57 AM
And if Lovett is letting friends dictate decisions in life, he?s a follower not a leader.

Possibly the number 1 reason the history of flips is so poor.

Spiderman
01-01-2018, 10:00 AM
I thought he decommitted on signing day by not signing the LOI.

Yep, exactly

Dawgface
01-01-2018, 10:29 AM

Every decision he?s made thus far has been extremely conservative. He?ll need to alter that.

Moorhead would have to have his head stuck in the sand for him not to know how recruiting goes on down here. OM's ncaa case is well known. And how do you come to the conclusion that all of Moorhead's decisions have been conservative to this point? He's offered scholarships to 2 qb's from other areas of the country. That's not in our dna history.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-01-2018, 10:32 AM

What decisions have been conservative? Conservative would've been keeping half the staff like our fans want. Conservative would've been keeping Jaylen Reed even though he's not a SEC ball player. Conservative would've been to take Corione even though he didn't like him just to get Whop. Conservative would've meant not hiring 2 potential former OM players. I don't think you get what conservative is.

Political Hack
01-01-2018, 10:38 AM

Shouldn?t have been very difficult to beat out OM in this one when all they can sell is FR playing time for a team that is ineligible.

Can?t lose easy recruiting battles like this one.

I think there?s a clear history to indicate how they win recruiting battles. It?s not the coaching staff?s job to win that battle.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-01-2018, 10:39 AM
I think there?s a clear history to indicate how they win recruiting battles. It?s not the coaching staff?s job to win that battle.

Some people just don't get it

Schultzy
01-01-2018, 10:46 AM
Finally, thank you Hack and Ifyouonlyknew.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 10:47 AM
Some people just don't get it

No I get it.

Kind of in jest making a point though that it’s going to be tough to take the next step so long as our depth gets plucked out from under us.

Even if OM is willing to pay recruits, you can’t allow them to just pluck the ones they want to pay every year. They just flipped half our DL class in the past 2 weeks.

Just curious, are we helpless against this? Are we just conceding players?

confucius say
01-01-2018, 10:50 AM
The freak out and overreaction from our fan base always amazes me. We've all known this is coming.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 10:50 AM
It?s not the coaching staff?s job to win that battle.

Ok, who’s job is it then or are we just conceding players?

01-01-2018, 10:51 AM
No I get it.

Kind of in jest making a point though that it?s going to be tough to take the next step so long as our depth gets plucked out from under us.

Even if OM is willing to pay recruits, you can?t allow them to just pluck the ones they want to pay every year. They just flipped half our DL class in the past 2 weeks.

Just curious, are we helpless against this?
I understand what you are saying (although your emotional whining gets old). It?s a simple equation, you need good players. It doesn?t matter if it?s expected, we can?t continue to lose recruits.

Cooterpoot
01-01-2018, 10:51 AM
Rarely do flips matter. Normally just drama filled kids that fail to live up to the hype they attempted to create.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 10:55 AM
The freak out and overreaction from our fan base always amazes me. We've all known this is coming.

It’s the fact that we knew this was coming and could do nothing about it that bothers me.

And for me, it’s not so much about Lovett as it is the bigger picture.

If they can this easily flip half our DL class, then what is going to prevent them from dominating the 2019 class, flipping future croots?

When will MSU stop allowing this to happen?

Perhaps I don’t get it. Maybe ifyouonlyknew was right, because it looks to me like we just sit back and watch OM do anything they want and then throw our hands up in helplessness.

Again, maybe I don’t get it. If so, can someone explain it?

Leeshouldveflanked
01-01-2018, 10:55 AM
If he didn't sign on signing day, he wasn't committed.... just like the other "commits" that didn't sign or are academic risk and we didn't send the paper work to sign.

yjnkdawg
01-01-2018, 10:56 AM
]After losing Williams and Lovett, gotta wonder if Baker keeps his job?[/B]

Shouldn?t have been very difficult to beat out OM in this one when all they can sell is FR playing time for a team that is ineligible.

Can?t lose easy recruiting battles like this one.

LOL Are you even serious? Baker can't hold a gun on a player and make him sign with us. Kids have minds of their own and influenced by a lot of different things.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 10:56 AM
Rarely do flips matter. Normally just drama filled kids that fail to live up to the hype they attempted to create.

Completely agree, but they don?t matter until they do.

We wanted him. It?s too late to call him a bum

confucius say
01-01-2018, 10:58 AM
No I get it.

Kind of in jest making a point though that it’s going to be tough to take the next step so long as our depth gets plucked out from under us.

Even if OM is willing to pay recruits, you can’t allow them to just pluck the ones they want to pay every year. They just flipped half our DL class in the past 2 weeks.

The recruitment of Williams is not the hill to die on. Who cares. I hope we do concede guys like him if the alternative is to get in a bidding war for an average player who is a grade risk.

We'll see what happens with Lovett, but who have they ever flipped that was an impact player? Maybe CJ.

yjnkdawg
01-01-2018, 11:02 AM

The only thing that will stop it is shutting the OM Network down.

msstate7
01-01-2018, 11:03 AM
It’s the fact that we knew this was coming and could do nothing about it that bothers me.

If they can this easily flip half our DL class, then what is going to prevent them from dominating the 2019 class, flipping future croots?

Perhaps I don’t get it. Maybe ifyouonlyknew was right, because it looks to me like we just sit back and watch OM do anything they want and then throw our hands up in helplessness.

It is not like OM could flip any of our guys that wanted. If that were the case, I guarantee you Williams and Lovett would not be their choice

Schultzy
01-01-2018, 11:03 AM
Define Allowing, Shotgun. You can’t control everything and everybody and we are not losing any recruits we want out of malfeasance.

The NCAA had an easy chance to make a statement and punted.

01-01-2018, 11:07 AM
One thing to remember is that some guys just don’t want to come to MSU (or anywhere else). Look at Cam Akers. OM investigation or not, we weren’t getting him. OM just attracts a different type. The only time it sucks is when those types can actually play, like AJ Brown.

yjnkdawg
01-01-2018, 11:07 AM

LOL If you believe that then you can't be helped.

Cooterpoot
01-01-2018, 11:08 AM
Completely agree, but they don?t matter until they do.

We wanted him. It?s too late to call him a bum

Nobody is saying he can?t play. But I can say the DL next year are better. I think we get a commit from Pickering this spring/summer and Ellis gets in. We already have Moore. UM will pull one more DL too. Lots of DL help out there.

confucius say
01-01-2018, 11:09 AM

The bigger picture is pick your battles. Like 5* DL and LL. Otherwise you end up with 15 level ones, no bowl for two years, ten transfers, half a signing class, a three year investigation that kills recruiting classes, Matt Luke, and multiple years of 6-6 as a ceiling.

msstate7
01-01-2018, 11:13 AM
Nobody is saying he can?t play. But I can say the DL next year are better. I think we get a commit from Pickering this spring/summer and Ellis gets in. We already have Moore. UM will pull one more DL too. Lots of DL help out there.

Any chance we get Elliss in this year? That would be huge

Mutt the Hoople
01-01-2018, 11:15 AM
Today's NFL has become a pariah to many patriotic Americans, what with the Colin Kaepernick kneeling bullshit. When they see so many Mississippi State players that are successful in the NFL, they're afraid that they'll develop such skills as to get into the League, and be forced to kneel before the National Anthem, or their opinions about Donald Trump, the economy, foreign policy, etc.

However, if they go to Ole Miss, they know they'll never have to worry about whether to kneel or not during the National Anthem, or have to answer hard questions. So, perhaps these children are trying to be patriotic Americans.

yjnkdawg
01-01-2018, 11:16 AM
It?s the fact that we knew this was coming and could do nothing about it that bothers me.

And for me, it?s not so much about Lovett as it is the bigger picture.

Perhaps I don?t get it. Maybe ifyouonlyknew was right, because it looks to me like we just sit back and watch OM do anything they want and then throw our hands up in helplessness.

Again, maybe I don?t get it. If so, can someone explain it?

I think we have a winner.

yjnkdawg
01-01-2018, 11:23 AM
It is not like OM could flip any of our guys that wanted. If that were the case, I guarantee you Williams and Lovett would not be their choice

You are correct. If OM had their choice it would have been Malik Heath.

Coach007
01-01-2018, 11:35 AM
There are Fans and then...... people in this thread.

Never understood the obsession to be wrapped up in a 17 year old's life.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 11:53 AM
There are Fans and then...... people in this thread.

Never understood the obsession to be wrapped up in a 17 year old's life.

We had a major thread the other day about how close we were to being a real
Competitor in college football and, if we could sign 2 or so more quality players a year, that might become a reality.

That why we are obsessed. Because we are close and losing recruiting battles like this hurts.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Whatever the kid decides to do is on him. If he wants to be in Oxford so be it.
We know what goes into that more times than not when a kid flips to OM
The midnight tweet should tell you all you need to know.
And this ?early playing time? bullshit is just that . Bullshit. Unless you are a QB or RB this doesn?t fly. DL rolls out 8-10 players getting snaps every weekend
99% of high school kids that are SEC talent think they can play from day one at any college including SEC
So go ahead and spin the early PT

And this would have gone down if Mullen And crew were still coaching .. everyone remeber that also.

Good post.

Just wish MSU would combat this.

01-01-2018, 12:09 PM
Competitor in college football and, if we could sign 2 or so more quality players a year, that might become a reality.

That why we are obsessed. Because we are close and losing recruiting battles like this hurts.
This it it. If you do cannot see this very simple point, then you are delusionally looking away from it while it hits you in the face.

People do that, though. Most don’t want to confront the uncomfortable truth. They just want to feel good all the time so they invent safety nets like “this was expected”. Well so what, it still sucks.

That said, there is a difference between recognition of the issue and dwelling on it. At some point, you have to form your game plan to work around the issue. In this case, it seems to be to go out of state and sign a project with a chip on his shoulder.

(Or hope the NCAA busts them)

preachermatt83
01-01-2018, 12:14 PM

Ok, what is your solution genius? Start a bidding war for a 3star player?? Good grief you need a xanax

msstate7
01-01-2018, 12:16 PM
Good grief you need a xanax

We all do from time-to-time

preachermatt83
01-01-2018, 12:18 PM
We all do from time-to-time

Yanxy prob has one to spare.

Dawgowar
01-01-2018, 12:22 PM
I make it a point never to get worked up either way about recruiting. They ain?t ours till they are signed and on campus. Y?all need to remember that. Also, you don?t have a real clue as to what they will do on an NCAA field till you see them a few times. Ask me in 3-4 years how we did this year.

Agree - NFL Draft I expect an impact each year for my team. College recruiting - gotta give the kids and coaches time. Rare is the athlete that can come in as a frosh and really make an impact. Some contribute but to be fair your existing roster probably could match those results. Just can't see getting worked up about the choices of fickle 18 year-olds.

Cooterpoot
01-01-2018, 12:24 PM
I’m sorry, but Lovett is not a difference maker. Losing him doesn’t make a damn. He’d redshirt next year and probably play very sparingly as RS Fr. I’d take him but I’m not going to cry about him going somewhere else. Too many others as good or better out there.

Percho
01-01-2018, 12:25 PM

Think about it. What a great time for a flip but right after the team you have been committed to, wins it's bowl game.

Yeah, I don't want to play for that bunch, I want to go help out a team sitting on their butts at home after going 6 and 6 and on probation.

That makes a lot of sense.

01-01-2018, 12:31 PM
Ok, what is your solution genius? Start a bidding war for a 3star player?? Good grief you need a xanax
What is yours?

Start by agreeing that there is a problem.

Coach007
01-01-2018, 12:34 PM

Really.... its all about a recruit? I think its more about lack of life and meaning.

:)

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 12:36 PM
I think its more about lack of life and meaning.

:)

Thanks for the unsolicited advice about how I should live my life.

Dallas_Dawg
01-01-2018, 12:49 PM
To think that we should ?flip one of their recruits for show? is asinine. We don?t need to play into their game. If some dumbass recruit wants to go play for Matt F?n Luke, then they probably aren?t worth it.
We all got worked up over Snoop Brassell, Tobias, CJ, Pat Pat, and others and CJ was the only one who we might have gotten anything out of. And he didn?t even have a cup of coffee in the League.
R-E-L-A-X

Political Hack
01-01-2018, 01:09 PM
Ok, who?s job is it then or are we just conceding players?

Yours. I?m retired.

Kyper
01-01-2018, 01:11 PM
Shotgun, if you want these kinds of things to end, this is all you have to do:

Coordinate State boosters all over the country and tell them they have to blindly donate to "the fund" as petty cash to give to recruits. Then coordinate jobs for parents of recruits that pay $150K per year or more with very minimal effort or skill.

That's all it takes to recruit like OM, Auburn, Bama, Georgia, etc. Just dont BBD one of the Blue-Bloods at the last minute

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 01:20 PM

Coordinate State boosters all over the country and tell them they have to blindly donate to "the fund" as petty cash to give to recruits. Then coordinate jobs for parents of recruits that pay $150K per year or more with very minimal effort or skill.

That's all it takes to recruit like OM, Auburn, Bama, Georgia, etc. Just dont BBD one of the Blue-Bloods at the last minute

So, since other SEC schools do this, are you saying that MSU lacks the resources to recruit well in the SEC?

01-01-2018, 01:20 PM

Or, we can (wait for it) NOT CHEAT blatantly, and institute a geographic plan for filling our roster with Alabama and Louisiana players who feel like MSU is close to home. Hopefully we also have an X/O advantage to sell.

Look I understand we play the game with a few guys annually in Mississippi, but it’s not as widespread as others. Cheating can’t be our main recruiting plan. That’s just not the MSU culture. Let that go.

Kyper
01-01-2018, 01:25 PM
So, since other SEC schools do this, are you saying that MSU lacks the resources to recruit well in the SEC?

State lacks the coordinated effort and commitment of other schools. Too many wannabe Chiefs and not enough Indians. Bama doesnt have to pay recruits to visit like OM does, but you can damn well bet Bama lines up 6-figure jobs for the parents of major signees. Nick Saban has relatively little knowledge of it but he damn sure expects it to happen for signing day because his wish list is known to the chief who makes the rest happen. State has nothing closely resembling this.

msbulldog
01-01-2018, 01:29 PM
No I get it.

Kind of in jest making a point though that it?s going to be tough to take the next step so long as our depth gets plucked out from under us.

Even if OM is willing to pay recruits, you can?t allow them to just pluck the ones they want to pay every year. They just flipped half our DL class in the past 2 weeks.

Gun I am seeing rumors Williams has grade issues and possibly the same with Lovett, are they worth the effort? We do not need to pay players and incur the same bad name that Mississippi has incurred.

Wade Garrett
01-01-2018, 01:37 PM
Yours. I?m retired.

Haha. Awesome

msbulldog
01-01-2018, 01:38 PM
It?s the fact that we knew this was coming and could do nothing about it that bothers me.

And for me, it?s not so much about Lovett as it is the bigger picture.

Perhaps I don?t get it. Maybe ifyouonlyknew was right, because it looks to me like we just sit back and watch OM do anything they want and then throw our hands up in helplessness.

Again, maybe I don?t get it. If so, can someone explain it?

Here's your sign. they are 17 - 18 year old kids, there is nothing you can do to explain or control their rationale. You are getting way too over invested in what an 18 year old does.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 01:39 PM
State lacks the coordinated effort and commitment of other schools. Too many wannabe Chiefs and not enough Indians. Bama doesnt have to pay recruits to visit like OM does, but you can damn well bet Bama lines up 6-figure jobs for the parents of major signees. Nick Saban has relatively little knowledge of it but he damn sure expects it to happen for signing day because his wish list is known to the chief who makes the rest happen. State has nothing closely resembling this.

Completely agree & until we correct this....

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 01:40 PM
Here's your sign. they are 17 - 18 year old kids, there is nothing you can do to explain or control their rationale. You are getting way too over invested in what an 18 year old does.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT1XGvrGB8p8s8WArS/giphy.gif

maroonmania
01-01-2018, 01:40 PM
Define Allowing, Shotgun. You can?t control everything and everybody and we are not losing any recruits we want out of malfeasance.

The NCAA had an easy chance to make a statement and punted.

Exactly, once the COI announced those pathetic sanctions, UNM had the green light to carry on as usual (the only way they know how to do things). When you have an unethical recruiting school like the Plantation in a state with the poverty you deal with in MS its always going to be a significant factor and appealing to certain families that are just looking to get something in the short term without really factoring in the long term view. I figured with us at a bowl game and UNM at home that we would lose a player or two just because the Rebs THRIVE during the dead period while our staff is out of the picture. Just another reason I personally like the early signing period. No doubt losing both Williams and Lovett is a big deal. Our DL needs some guys to learn the ropes in 2018 and be ready to step up in 2019. Heck, UNM already signed 4 DTs (1 JUCO) in the early period so competition is obviously not the primary reason for flipping. Still hard to believe the COI essentially gave OM the green light to keep on keepin' on. If UNM gets the 2nd year bowl ban overturned I will literally puke.

msbulldog
01-01-2018, 01:45 PM
Today's NFL has become a pariah to many patriotic Americans, what with the Colin Kaepernick kneeling bullshit. When they see so many Mississippi State players that are successful in the NFL, they're afraid that they'll develop such skills as to get into the League, and be forced to kneel before the National Anthem, or their opinions about Donald Trump, the economy, foreign policy, etc.

However, if they go to Ole Miss, they know they'll never have to worry about whether to kneel or not during the National Anthem, or have to answer hard questions. So, perhaps these children are trying to be patriotic Americans.

Sound Logic! (but really funny)

sleepy dawg
01-01-2018, 01:48 PM

Agree... They won't ever stop. It makes no difference if we play the game or not. It doesn't matter if we kill their first born child. Some folks can be bought (money or otherwise) easier than others. They will never quit trying to help themselves while hurting us by any means necessary.

Our focus should be trying to have the best team we can have, which includes getting the best players we can get. It doesn't matter how you get them or where you get them from. You just need to get them. We are likely going to lose a couple of recruits every year. That is almost impossible to stop. We need to make sure we're planning for it in advance.

BHildreth3
01-01-2018, 01:51 PM
That was orchestrated - he was going to decommit awhile back.

Goldendawg
01-01-2018, 01:51 PM
I trust Coach Joe and his staff in a recruiting plan for the present (holding and signing 15 very good players & and the near future - finishing strong in Feb after being here only about 3 months). That said, what was the deal with Jalen Cunningham, the high 3* DT from Al that also signed with UNM? Did he have a committable offer from us? Maybe they had issues (grades, attitudes,??), but if Lovett signs with UNM this does make three DL committed to us that end up with UNM. Anyone got any insight on Cunningham's story?

maroonmania
01-01-2018, 01:53 PM

I always get amused at these type posts. For MSU fans, if you don't react to bad news in recruiting with either "who cares", "good riddance", or "best of luck to him" then you are officially freaking out. Losing 2 DL commits from your class is NOT a good thing. I really don't even know of any other high level DL we are even in on.

Political Hack
01-01-2018, 01:54 PM
The truth is we don’t need to sign every kid we target. That’s unrealistic. Having “commits” flip due to money is frustrating but it’s something we’ve dealt with for decades. And despite that, we’re the better program the last twenty years and right now. I understand being pissed that Ole Miss just does whatever they want and nobody stops them, but we could be that way too if we wanted. Our administration, compliance office, and football program have decided that we’re not going to be a dirty program even if it cost us the chance to take the next step. So, if you want change, go talk to compliance or the NCAA about why they get to do what they do and we don’t.

All in all though, I don’t really care about losing a 3-star DL to a shit program. It’s like being pissed that USM got a 3 star.

maroonmania
01-01-2018, 01:56 PM
Any chance we get Elliss in this year? That would be huge

Hope we can for sure now, he was a luxury before but a real need now.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 01:57 PM
Hope we can for sure now, he was a luxury before but a real need now.

Get Elliss, Moore, Crumedy, & Pickering on campus & we never miss a beat.

Todd4State
01-01-2018, 02:01 PM

I understand that and I'm saying that it would. But I am saying that it would show them that we would stand up for ourselves and that's probably the best thing we can do in this situation.

If the NCAA isn't going to bust them they aren't going to bust us over one player.

It's not about shutting Ole Miss down- it's about controlling perception. And something that Dan failed at miserably.

Todd4State
01-01-2018, 02:03 PM

Dan wanting very little to do with many of our big boosters didn't help.

We can get coordinated for basketball but not football?

Goldendawg
01-01-2018, 02:05 PM
Like I asked, if Jalen Cunningham's offer was committable (?), and Lovett signs with UNM, this is three DL from us to them.

msstate7
01-01-2018, 02:05 PM
I always get amused at these type posts. For MSU fans, if you don't react to bad news in recruiting with either "who cares", "good riddance", or "best of luck to him" then you are officially freaking out. Losing 2 DL commits from your class is NOT a good thing. I really don't even know of any other high level DL we are even in on.

I certainly would rather get them than lose them. With that said, we did not lose Chris jones, Simmons, McPhee, Cox, or even Kobe/fletcher Adams. I think we can find someone late who is very comparable or much better next cycle

maroonmania
01-01-2018, 02:08 PM
Whatever the kid decides to do is on him. If he wants to be in Oxford so be it.
We know what goes into that more times than not when a kid flips to OM
The midnight tweet should tell you all you need to know.
And this ?early playing time? bullshit is just that . Bullshit. Unless you are a QB or RB this doesn?t fly. DL rolls out 8-10 players getting snaps every weekend
99% of high school kids that are SEC talent think they can play from day one at any college including SEC
So go ahead and spin the early PT

And this would have gone down if Mullen And crew were still coaching .. everyone remeber that also.

The other plain fact is that there are MS HS recruits that would have given UNM much more consideration during the 2018 recruiting cycle had they known that the NCAA was going to go so easy on them with the sanctions. Also the reason the 2019 class is going to be a much bigger challenge for us.

Goldendawg
01-01-2018, 02:11 PM
Finding someone late can have a downside of course unless you get a bama/lsu left over or a ovelooked diamond in the rough. Is the OL we are pursuing from the Memphis area better than Carmin (Tn signee) or got a great upside though a low 3*? I know people say OL are the toughest to evaluate unless maybe a solid 4 or 5* of course.

maroonmania
01-01-2018, 02:12 PM
I certainly would rather get them than lose them. With that said, we did not lose Chris jones, Simmons, McPhee, Cox, or even Kobe/fletcher Adams. I think we can find someone late who is very comparable or much better next cycle

When the DL depth clears out in 2019 I'm not look for true freshman to have to play so next cycle does not help us as much.

msstate7
01-01-2018, 02:15 PM
When the DL depth clears out in 2019 I'm not look for true freshman to have to play so next cycle does not help us as much.

Adams, Kobe, Spencer, rivers, autry, Odom, crumedy, and Robinson should all be there... hopefully elliss too

HoopsDawg
01-01-2018, 02:16 PM

After this season we lose 4 interior d-linemen. This is the year that you want to sign DT's so they can redshirt and be ready to step in. Lovett was that guy for us. He's a good player. A lot of people think he is a future NFL guy. I could care less about losing Williams, and Cunningham didn't have a committable offer. Paul Jones said we would likely keep Lovett if we kept Brian Baker and that's obviously not the case.

Goldendawg
01-01-2018, 02:20 PM
The other plain fact is that there are MS HS recruits that would have given UNM much more consideration during the 2018 recruiting cycle had they known that the NCAA was going to go so easy on them with the sanctions. Also the reason the 2019 class is going to be a much bigger challenge for us.

With the slap on the wrist the toothless NCAA gave UNM with regard to a insulting # of scholarships lost, the Network just took a very short timeout before business as usual! Their 2018 class might finish 30 or better, already 36. 2019 recruiting will be as dirty as usual. NCAA does not care. The bagmen can deliver cash & cars in the Indiana HQ parking lot and UNM will just get another, "You better cut out that s***, Black Bart", letter shaming them again. JMO. Hail State!

Mimi's Babies
01-01-2018, 02:23 PM

Some of these high schoolers are going to have issues passing classes at MSU. Let them go to ole...

HoopsDawg
01-01-2018, 02:24 PM
With the slap on the wrist the toothless NCAA gave UNM with regard to a insulting # of scholarships lost, the Network just took a very short timeout before business as usual! Their 2018 class might finish 30 or better, already 36. 2019 recruiting will be as dirty as usual. NCAA does not care. The bagmen can deliver cash & cars in the Indiana HQ parking lot and UNM will just get another, "You better cut out that s***, Black Bart", letter shaming them again. JMO. Hail State!

Let me just say that right now, their 2018 class is pitiful. I wouldn't mind having the Moore kid at WR, but make no mistake, UGA processed him. Lovett would be their best signee.

msstate7
01-01-2018, 02:25 PM
After this season we lose 4 interior d-linemen. This is the year that you want to sign DT's so they can redshirt and be ready to step in. Lovett was that guy for us. He's a good player. A lot of people think he is a future NFL guy. I could care less about losing Williams, and Cunningham didn't have a committable offer. Paul Jones said we would likely keep Lovett if we kept Brian Baker and that's obviously not the case.

Then we need to get elliss in school, and hit on some good ones next season. We have had some good fortune in signing HS dlinemen that are pretty much starters as freshmen in jones and simmons... need to do it again. Perhaps we recruit Gooden again. RSing rivers and autry should take a little of the sting out of this too

JDog13
01-01-2018, 02:27 PM
Yours. I?m retired.

Thank you for your service.

maroonmania
01-01-2018, 02:28 PM

Because it has to be coordinated from the top down. Stans showed us how in basketball, apparently we've never had anyone be able to do the same in football.

Dawgology
01-01-2018, 02:31 PM

This all day long. Things are about to change in a big way.

maroonmania
01-01-2018, 02:32 PM
Adams, Kobe, Spencer, rivers, autry, Odom, crumedy, and Robinson should all be there... hopefully elliss too

Most of that group are DEs. Interior linemen are what we need which is the reason Lovett is really a much bigger loss than Williams.

msstate7
01-01-2018, 02:34 PM
Most of that group are DEs. Interior linemen are what we need which is the reason Lovett is really a much bigger loss than Williams.

3-4 de maybe, but I think Adams, Kobe, rivers, autry, Odom, and Robinson can play dt in 4-3.

Goldendawg
01-01-2018, 02:36 PM
The thing that bothers me in this is that all of a sudden many on this board turned on both Williams and Lovitt with: "we didn't need them anyway, they won't qualify, drama queens, not really State types, we'll get someone else better ( a little late maybe), etc. Maybe new staff has a better plan b4 Feb. Hail State!

msstate7
01-01-2018, 02:38 PM
The thing that bothers me in this is that all of a sudden many on this board turned on both Williams and Lovitt with: "we didn't need them anyway, they won't qualify, drama queens, not really State types, we'll get someone else better ( a little late maybe), etc. Maybe new staff has a better plan b4 Feb. Hail State!

Would you rather a full blown melt, fire Moorhead type reaction? I mean either way, we are not getting them. Frick both of them.

Todd4State
01-01-2018, 02:40 PM
Because it has to be coordinated from the top down. Stans showed us how in basketball, apparently we've never had anyone be able to do the same in football.

I think Jackie did. Maybe Rockey. Croom didn't at least at first because we were on probation and actually did get hammered. Dan... Not so much.

I think it's imperative in the SEC to have a relationship with a booster where the coach has a "knows but doesn't know" situation. I think that's what is different about Ole Miss- the coaches know. However like about Saban knows what goes on or knows that it is going on but he doesn't know all the specifics. He just knows that he wants player X and he asks that it happens by whatever means necessary.

Goldendawg
01-01-2018, 02:51 PM
Would you rather a full blown melt, fire Moorhead type reaction? I mean either way, we are not getting them. Frick both of them.

No major meltdown but consider this a shot across the bow by UNM. Have great faith in Coach Joe and new staff from what I have read to date. Recruiting automatically has much better potential with the country club gone. As many posted, with the cop out by the spineless NCAA, a version of the "Wild, Wild West" may be here to stay whether most like it or not. Hail State!

Commercecomet24
01-01-2018, 02:58 PM
Think about it. What a great time for a flip but right after the team you have been committed to, wins it's bowl game.

Yeah, I don't want to play for that bunch, I want to go help out a team sitting on their butts at home after going 6 and 6 and on probation.

That makes a lot of sense.

You don?t understand do you? This kid was gonna flip for awhile. They waited for the right time, so yeah it makes perfect sense. Geez

maroonmania
01-01-2018, 02:58 PM

No, but some on this board should be able to understand that, as an MSU fan, you can get pissed about losing a good recruit that was committed without it being a "freak out" or a "meltdown".

Goldendawg
01-01-2018, 03:09 PM
No, but some on this board should be able to understand that, as an MSU fan, you can get pissed about losing a good recruit that was committed without it being a "freak out" or a "meltdown".

My point also, tee'd off/disappointed. Unless our new staff has a different plan ( I have no inside info and appreciate the info I get here from those who do), these guys who were long committed and back out (unless a plant by a UNM type) have to be replaced by someone hopefully as good or even better. I wonder about the other five still committed, but didn't sign. One post considered them now a non-commit in referring to Lovett. February will tell the tell.

Todd4State
01-01-2018, 03:16 PM
My point also, tee'd off/disappointed. Unless our new staff has a different plan ( I have no inside info and appreciate the info I get here from those who do), these guys who were long committed and back out (unless a plant by a UNM type) have to be replaced by someone hopefully as good or even better. I wonder about the other five still committed, but didn't sign. One post considered them now a non-commit in referring to Lovett. February will tell the tell.

McDowell- probably get him.
Mason- probably get him.
Watson- probably get him.
Furdge- if we want him.
Patterson- JUCO.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if we got them all. Eventually we get Patterson after JUCO. Three are out of state players trying to get mostly local offers from SEC schools. Furdge is a numbers guy.

msstate7
01-01-2018, 03:18 PM
Mason- probably get him.
Furdge- if we want him.
Patterson- JUCO.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if we got them all. Eventually we get Patterson after JUCO. Three are out of state players trying to get mostly local offers from SEC schools. Furdge is a numbers guy.

So things looking better on mason?

Goldendawg
01-01-2018, 03:19 PM
Mason- probably get him.
Furdge- if we want him.
Patterson- JUCO.

Thanks much. Hope it goes that way with a surprise OL man or DB. Hail State!

Todd4State
01-01-2018, 03:21 PM

I thought so?

Todd4State
01-01-2018, 03:22 PM
Thanks much. Hope it goes that way with a surprise OL man or DB. Hail State!

And remember even if we signed all four of those we have some spots still open which I am sure we will probably use on OL.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 03:22 PM

So long as Bama doesn't offer, yes

msstate7
01-01-2018, 03:23 PM
I thought so?

It was a question. Last I heard, he was ark. I do not keep up as well as I used to though

msstate7
01-01-2018, 03:23 PM
So long as Bama doesn't offer, yes

Good deal.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 03:26 PM
It was a question. Last I heard, he was ark. I do not keep up as well as I used to though

From my understanding, Ark is not a huge factor. Bama is a factor & Tennessee could become a factor.

A Bama offer is not expected though

msstate7
01-01-2018, 03:31 PM
From my understanding, Ark is not a huge factor. Bama is a factor & Tennessee could become a factor.

A Bama offer is not expected though
Pruitt is becoming a headache

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 03:38 PM
Pruitt is becoming a headache

Eh, we'll see. He has relationships right now & can sell Bama.

That will deteriorate over time.

Gutter Cobreh
01-01-2018, 04:03 PM
Can someone please replace "senior member" with "The Finebaum of Elitedawgs" for Shotgun (similar to IYON being referred to as Lateral Move)???

I swear he just posts some outlandish nonsense just to keep a thread going...as there is no way he truly means the garbage he has spewed at the beginning of this thread. If I'm wrong and he does, the first step to rational thinking is to stop following teenagers on the Twitters...

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2018, 04:07 PM
Can someone please replace "senior member" with "The Finebaum of Elitedawgs" for Shotgun (similar to IYON being referred to as Lateral Move)???

I swear he just posts some outlandish nonsense just to keep a thread going...as there is no way he truly means the garbage he has spewed at the beginning of this thread. If I'm wrong and he does, the first step to rational thinking is to stop following teenagers on the Twitters...

Can someone put "Ignorant Dumbass" in your profile?

Maroonthirteen
01-01-2018, 06:06 PM
Ole Miss conspiracy, we didn’t want him anyway, grades excuse excuse excuse...

Regardless of the reason, we better sign a OL and DL 3* or better in February to replace Willians and Lovett. If don’t, we played the Olive Branch duo wrong and gave OM two players.

Goldendawg
01-01-2018, 06:47 PM
Ole Miss conspiracy, we didn’t want him anyway, grades excuse excuse excuse...

Regardless of the reason, we better sign a OL and DL 3* or better in February to replace Willians and Lovett. If don’t, we played the Olive Branch duo wrong and gave OM two players.

Not melting down, but we are now dealing with who is left by February whether we like it or not. We still have to close and fill needs. They were committed and now not for us. They didn't suddenly become bad players. New staff will need to come through in a tight time frame. Hail State!

RocketDawg
01-01-2018, 07:01 PM
I think Jackie did. Maybe Rockey. Croom didn't at least at first because we were on probation and actually did get hammered. Dan... Not so much.

I think it's imperative in the SEC to have a relationship with a booster where the coach has a "knows but doesn't know" situation. I think that's what is different about Ole Miss- the coaches know. However like about Saban knows what goes on or knows that it is going on but he doesn't know all the specifics. He just knows that he wants player X and he asks that it happens by whatever means necessary.

So you're advocating paying players to sign with us? Ordered up by the coach to big boosters?

Todd4State
01-01-2018, 07:14 PM
So you're advocating paying players to sign with us? Ordered up by the coach to big boosters?

Not ordered up by the coach- from a certain point of view.

Look, it's not what I would like or prefer to do but the NCAA has made it clear that you can go 75 in a 65. If we don't we aren't going to maximize our potential as a program. That's just the reality. I think we should only pay in state players and if we get turned in we need to hire that law firm in Birmingham to handle it rather than over sanction ourselves.

Maroonthirteen
01-01-2018, 08:01 PM
Reed and Lovett aren’t and never were package deals.
Some are acting like Lovett is a cant miss NFL guy. Yeah he MIGHT turn out to be a pro and soild SEC guy but damn he isn’t Jeffery Simmons. Hell he isn’t the best DL from the state.
Some forget we still might pick up Noah Elliss this summer. There’s your replacement for Lovett and Williams.
And even tho I don’t think we can pull it because of the location but Hyman didn’t sign. Main reason is waiting on an offer from Bama which he won’t get IMO.

Thanks. I have to go back to work this week. I’ll catch up on recruiting.

Goldendawg
01-01-2018, 09:10 PM
Well, maybe we can flip Hyman with the promise of playing time.* UNM will have 6 DL signees if Lovett signs with them b4 Hyman.

Political Hack
01-01-2018, 10:57 PM
Thank you for your service.

Lol.

HaggardDawg
01-02-2018, 12:27 AM
Johnquarise Patterson, Pearl WR, has now decommitted. I?m assuming this is us moving on from him?

msstate7
01-02-2018, 12:29 AM
Johnquarise Patterson, Pearl WR, has now decommitted. I?m assuming this is us moving on from him?

Non-qualifier. Does OM take him too just for appearance sake?

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2018, 12:29 AM

Probably, but it's debatable on if dropping him is a good decision or if we should've signed & placed him since we won't sign 25 guys anyway.

Plainly, it's not totally clear what the coaching staff is thinking here

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2018, 12:30 AM

LOL. Does a bear shit in the woods?

Hell, they've probably got a new Waynsboro lined up & can get him eligible.

Absolutely nothing would surprise me at this point. There is zero deterrent

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2018, 12:31 AM
You guys realize that OM doesn't have a single OL committed or signed?

msstate7
01-02-2018, 12:35 AM

Wow... they lose 1 this year and 3 next season. Could be 4 next season if little declares

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2018, 12:46 AM
Wow... they lose 1 this year and 3 next season. Could be 4 next season if little declares

They'll be decent in 2018 but that 2019 year train is coming fast

Commercecomet24
01-02-2018, 01:08 AM

Oh that?s bad news for the bears.

CadaverDawg
01-02-2018, 01:09 AM

They’ll flip a few studs from UGA & Bama before Feb. Why not? No consequences.

Bothrops
01-02-2018, 01:42 AM

He may be a 4* juco receiver in a couple if years. Hopefully we will be good enough that he will want to come here.

Mutt the Hoople
01-02-2018, 10:52 AM
This all day long. Things are about to change in a big way.

Remember this- the big boys can get away with paying players because they have such a large fan base, some of them don't even have to know the coaching staff to do their business. These "wannabes" love their skools- Bammer, Ohio State, Meatchicken, USCw, etc. but can't get season tickets, or become official "boosters", both of which would put them under the NCAA's purview.

Because they aren't official representatives of a school (coach, AD official, booster, season ticket holder), nothing can get back to the school, and when the NCAA goes snooping, the Coaches and athletic department have plausible deniability.

Small mid-majors like olimiss have to get the coaching staffs involved. THAT'S why they got any penalty at all (if this was Bammer, the NCAA would've apologized and paid for Bammer's legal fees).

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-02-2018, 02:43 PM

Same with Diwun Black?