PDA

View Full Version : Dolla Bill Shining

Ifyouonlyknew
12-31-2017, 08:48 PM
UA AA game practice started today & Dolla was big hit. A few exerts from some recruiting guys.

Not many talk about or even know much about Kwatrivous Johnson. He is likely a right tackle in Starkville, but he was working at left guard much of Day One. He was arguably the most impressive offensive lineman on his team and he definitely out-played his three-star ranking Sunday. He showed the ability to bend, to play with good pad level and he held his ground extremely well. Johnson is the type of lineman Mississippi State has signed under the radar in recent years who then turn into an NFL Draft pick.

Kwatrivous Johnson could be the surprise of the first couple of days. He was the second biggest offensive lineman I saw, and in practice he played very well at guard (not his position at the next level) with great arm extension and footwork. Mississippi State could have a steal here.

Also here is a free video 247 put out of the OL vs DL. Cole Smith also shown

College Football Recruiting: Under-Armour All-America offensive line/defensive line highlights - https://247sports.com/Article/College-Football-Recruiting-Under-Armour-All-America-offensive-linedefensive-line-highlights-112986008

Ifyouonlyknew
12-31-2017, 08:51 PM
Once he gets into a college weight room & reshapes his body & refined his technique he's a no doubt NFL LT. He's 6'8" around 360lbs now but when he get to 325-330lbs he's going to be freaky. Remember I said this but we're about to have a run of 3 straight NFL caliber LT (Rankin, Eiland, & Dolla).

Todd4State
12-31-2017, 08:55 PM
UA AA game practice started today & Dolla was big hit. A few exerts from some recruiting guys.

Not many talk about or even know much about Kwatrivous Johnson. He is likely a right tackle in Starkville, but he was working at left guard much of Day One. He was arguably the most impressive offensive lineman on his team and he definitely out-played his three-star ranking Sunday. He showed the ability to bend, to play with good pad level and he held his ground extremely well. Johnson is the type of lineman Mississippi State has signed under the radar in recent years who then turn into an NFL Draft pick.

Kwatrivous Johnson could be the surprise of the first couple of days. He was the second biggest offensive lineman I saw, and in practice he played very well at guard (not his position at the next level) with great arm extension and footwork. Mississippi State could have a steal here.

Also here is a free video 247 put out of the OL vs DL. Cole Smith also shown

College Football Recruiting: Under-Armour All-America offensive line/defensive line highlights - https://247sports.com/Article/College-Football-Recruiting-Under-Armour-All-America-offensive-linedefensive-line-highlights-112986008

Imagine that. I think we get his weight down and then he competes at RT starting in 2019 unless he just blows people away at camp this fall. Which honestly wouldn't surprise me with him. Best offensive line prospect Mississippi has produced out of high school since Sherrod. I think he eventually ends up at LT once Eiland graduates.

Todd4State
12-31-2017, 08:57 PM
And this is another thing I like about the early signing period. This eliminates a lot of the Chris Jones recruiting saga type stories where we have a guy blow up at the UA Game and then Ole Miss just goes all in on them.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2017, 09:19 PM
This just shows you how flawed and ridiculous the evaluation process of these recruiting networks are.

Why don’t they already know these things about Dolla Bill?

Why did he have to go to this event to be recognized?

What if Marcus Murphy and others were there? It’s just silly

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-31-2017, 09:19 PM
And this is another thing I like about the early signing period. This eliminates a lot of the Chris Jones recruiting saga type stories where we have a guy blow up at the UA Game and then Ole Miss just goes all in on them.

As solid as he was to us, we should have used him to see how bold the shitbirds are these days.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2017, 09:25 PM
I love how they call 6’8” 360 lb dudes with good feet a “sleeper”.

I mean, who the heck else were they evaluating all year?

How goes that guy slip underneath the radar? I think we all know how

They’ll bump Dolla Bill to a 93-94 after this game, but it’s just a band aid and does nothing to solve the systemic problem these websites have at evaluating MS kids

starkvegasdawg
12-31-2017, 09:34 PM
He was the second biggest lineman there? Damn, Goliath?s great great great great great great great grandson there?

TALL DAWG
12-31-2017, 10:06 PM
He was the second biggest lineman there? Damn, Goliath?s great great great great great great great grandson there?

Lets call him...HERCULES JOHNSON...!

Ifyouonlyknew
12-31-2017, 10:09 PM

They’ll bump Dolla Bill to a 93-94 after this game, but it’s just a band aid and does nothing to solve the systemic problem these websites have at evaluating MS kids

The problem is expecting a small group of recruiting guys to analyze & evaluate thousands of kids. There is no perfect method.

moss818
12-31-2017, 10:20 PM
Thanks for this update IYOK, love getting these updates on our guys! Keep doing what you do.

msstate7
12-31-2017, 10:21 PM
Is Johnson our only guy there?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-31-2017, 10:28 PM
Is Johnson our only guy there?

Heath

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2017, 10:32 PM
This just shows you how flawed and ridiculous the evaluation process of these recruiting networks are.

Why don?t they already know these things about Dolla Bill?

Why did he have to go to this event to be recognized?

What if Marcus Murphy and others were there? It?s just silly

Not being an asshole and I’m sure you avoid reading a lot of my posts but I have said hundreds of times on here that these ?experts? are nothing of the sort. They watch a kid play maybe 45 min then take the word of others as where to rank them. These “ranking experts” are NOT scouts and they have NO idea about a kids work ethic or his IQ for the game. It border lines lunacy that we place so much stock in rankings. It’s why the drama queen recruits seldom work out, they are too immature to put the work in to be the best they can be, because they have been treated like stars since the 9th grade.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2017, 10:49 PM
The problem is expecting a small group of recruiting guys to analyze & evaluate thousands of kids. There is no perfect method.

Completely agree.

But it’s amazing how this “small group” effects the perceptions of college football programs. It’s amazing.

And fwiw, I think they do a solid job, but there is clearly a loophole with Mississippi kids.

If Moorhead wins, I gotta think people outside of MS start realizing that something is off.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2017, 10:51 PM
Not being an asshole and I’m sure you avoid reading a lot of my posts but I have said hundreds of times on here that these ?experts? are nothing of the sort. They watch a kid play maybe 45 min then take the word of others as where to rank them. These “ranking experts” are NOT scouts and they have NO idea about a kids work ethic or his IQ for the game. It border lines lunacy that we place so much stock in rankings. It’s why the drama queen recruits seldom work out, they are too immature to put the work in to be the best they can be, because they have been treated like stars since the 9th grade.

You nailed it

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2017, 10:55 PM
How has Heath looked?

Spiderman
12-31-2017, 11:24 PM

Fafale, or however you spell it was there. Kid from around Austrailia. He's a monster. Going to Minnesota.

msbulldog
01-01-2018, 09:32 AM
Fafale, or however you spell it was there. Kid from around Austrailia. He's a monster. Going to Minnesota.

Daniel Faalele 6'8" 400lbs

KB21
01-01-2018, 09:41 AM

If he had signed with Bama, he'd be a 5 star grade already.

msstate7
01-01-2018, 09:43 AM
If he had signed with Bama, he'd be a 5 star grade already.

Surely he hits 4* after this week though, right?

Political Hack
01-01-2018, 10:40 AM
Not being an asshole and I?m sure you avoid reading a lot of my posts but I have said hundreds of times on here that these ?experts? are nothing of the sort. They watch a kid play maybe 45 min then take the word of others as where to rank them. These ?ranking experts? are NOT scouts and they have NO idea about a kids work ethic or his IQ for the game. It border lines lunacy that we place so much stock in rankings. It?s why the drama queen recruits seldom work out, they are too immature to put the work in to be the best they can be, because they have been treated like stars since the 9th grade.

Yep.

Bdawg
01-01-2018, 11:34 AM
Completely agree.

But it?s amazing how this ?small group? effects the perceptions of college football programs. It?s amazing.

And fwiw, I think they do a solid job, but there is clearly a loophole with Mississippi kids.

If Moorhead wins, I gotta think people outside of MS start realizing that something is off.

I think there is two sides to the coin. On one hand, guys get overlooked and not rated properly due to rural location, small school etc. I think we see a lot of that I?m MS. I also believe when Bama and other ?big schools? offer or show real interest in a kid, that kid gets a bump because the ?recruiting guys? can?t go see everyone in person. But on the other side I believe they do hit on a lot of the top guys in the country who get exposure and are easily projected to be good players or are already good enough to know they are going to make an impact. All you have to do is look at the average recruiting ranking of the teams who have made the playoffs or won the title. To sum it up, ranking matters on one hand but it?s not a perfect science and kids can be overlooked to skew class rankings in the lower ranked teams, imo. I wish the classes were ranked after they play through their JR year. Would be a lot more accurate, but I know that wouldn?t sell.

Coursesuper
01-01-2018, 11:40 AM
Not being an asshole and I?m sure you avoid reading a lot of my posts but I have said hundreds of times on here that these ?experts? are nothing of the sort. They watch a kid play maybe 45 min then take the word of others as where to rank them. These ?ranking experts? are NOT scouts and they have NO idea about a kids work ethic or his IQ for the game. It border lines lunacy that we place so much stock in rankings. It?s why the drama queen recruits seldom work out, they are too immature to put the work in to be the best they can be, because they have been treated like stars since the 9th grade.

Best recruiting post ever!!