PDA

View Full Version : Moorhead?s greatest recruiting target

dawgoneyall
12-31-2017, 02:55 PM
Should be convincing Sweat that his stock will be much higher in 2019 than 2018. The attention our DL should receive next year/this year can only help make him a higher draft pick.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2017, 02:56 PM
WE WANT SWEAT! ONE MORE YEAR!

HoopsDawg
12-31-2017, 03:05 PM
To me, if Sweat gets a 1st or 2nd round grade he needs to go pro. Anything else, he needs to return. Not much Moorhead can do but look out for the best interest of the kid.

msstate7
12-31-2017, 03:11 PM
To me, if Sweat gets a 1st or 2nd round grade he needs to go pro. Anything else, he needs to return. Not much Moorhead can do but look out for the best interest of the kid.

When are we supposed to know the grade? Jordan Rodgers said the Louisville DB sat out bc he got a 2nd round grade. Was he guessing or are the grades out?

Coach34
12-31-2017, 03:21 PM
Agreed with Hoops. Anything less than 2nd round and he needs to come back

HoopsDawg
12-31-2017, 03:30 PM
When are we supposed to know the grade? Jordan Rodgers said the Louisville DB sat out bc he got a 2nd round grade. Was he guessing or are the grades out?

You have until Jan. 15th to declare. It's possible he has already received his feed back. The feeback is either first rounder, second rounder, or neither. If he got a neither, he will be back. It's also a pretty deep draft at his position this year so it would make sense for him to come back.

Commercecomet24
12-31-2017, 04:41 PM
You have until Jan. 15th to declare. It's possible he has already received his feed back. The feeback is either first rounder, second rounder, or neither. If he got a neither, he will be back. It's also a pretty deep draft at his position this year so it would make sense for him to come back.

Agree with you, if he gets a 1st or 2nd round grade he should go and we should all wish him well. That being said I hope he?s back next year.

Ari Gold
12-31-2017, 04:51 PM
For what’s it worth he wasn’t on the Dolphins radar for the first 3 rounds. That may have changed after the bowl game and that’s just one NFL team. That came form a dolphins scout.

Schultzy
12-31-2017, 05:00 PM
Doesn’t he need to gain some weight to play DE in the league

bulldawg28
12-31-2017, 05:01 PM
If I'm Sweat, I'm gone! Regardless of a 1st or 2nd round projection he's a backup at worst and will earn plenty of playing time along with big money as time goes on. He'll also be doubled teamed next year most of the year.

msstate7
12-31-2017, 05:05 PM
If I'm Sweat, I'm gone! Regardless of a 1st or 2nd round projection he's a backup at worst and will earn plenty of playing time along with big money as time goes on. He'll also be doubled teamed next year most of the year.

Not so sure about those double teams... Simmons is even more dangerous and rivers, Kobe, and Adams will be eating next season too

Boston
12-31-2017, 05:08 PM

How are teams going to double Simmons and Sweat?

bulldawg28
12-31-2017, 05:08 PM
Not so sure about those double teams... Simmons is even more dangerous and rivers, Kobe, and Adams will be eating next season too

Simmons, yes. However, if we're going to a 4-3 teams can now run away from Simmons and still double Sweat. If they're on the same side it becomes easier to avoid them.

msstate7
12-31-2017, 05:10 PM
Simmons, yes. However, if we're going to a 4-3 teams can now run away from Simmons and still double Sweat. If they're on the same side it becomes easier to avoid them.

With Simmons being so athletic, we could be creative and put Simmons and sweat both at de on passing downs

bulldawg28
12-31-2017, 05:10 PM
How are teams going to double Simmons and Sweat?

4-3 go the other way on runs . Pass plays they can both be accounted for with double teams. Only one of those guys will have big numbers imo next year.

bulldawg28
12-31-2017, 05:11 PM
With Simmons being so athletic, we could be creative and put Simmons and sweat both at de on passing downs

It could happen. We just don't know if Shoop will do creative lineups like this

HoopsDawg
12-31-2017, 05:11 PM

Then Chauncey Rivers will be 1st team All-SEC.

bulldawg28
12-31-2017, 05:14 PM
Then Chauncey Rivers will be 1st team All-SEC.

That's great for Rivers but not Sweat. The question is not if we're going to be great defensively it's going pro early for Sweat

HoopsDawg
12-31-2017, 05:19 PM
That's great for Rivers but not Sweat. The question is not if we're going to be great defensively it's going pro early for Sweat

A good D-coordinator will move Sweat around. Also, NFL scouts can recognize if a guy is getting double teamed a lot. They will be looking for improvement in the run game and consistency.

msstate7
12-31-2017, 05:20 PM
If sweat played 4-3 de well next season after playing 3-4 olb this season, it could improve his stock, right?

bigplayslay
12-31-2017, 05:23 PM
If Sweat stays we have the possibility to have two first round draft picks. When was the last time this happened if ever? Im a little bit younger but I cant think of a time this has happened.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2017, 05:23 PM

This is ignorant

Did you advise Bear and Benny Brown as well?

The nfl isn’t for development. More often than not staying an extra year is the right call.

The risk of a draft effecting injury is extremely low

bulldawg28
12-31-2017, 05:25 PM
A good D-coordinator will move Sweat around. Also, NFL scouts can recognize if a guy is getting double teamed a lot. They will be looking for improvement in the run game and consistency.

True. Regardless they want productivity. If your hot right now you leave. Anything could happen next year. If you have a chance for a promotion because of productivity making more money than you've ever made before I doubt you turn it down hoping you can improve and they'll come back next year. You'd take the promotion that you've earned and keep producing to make more money.

bulldawg28
12-31-2017, 05:27 PM
This is ignorant

Did you advise Bear and Benny Brown as well?

The nfl isn’t for development. More often than not staying an extra year is the right call.

The risk of a draft effecting injury is extremely low

Your ignorant if you think Bear and Benny are on the same level as Sweat. The NFL is all about development. The percentages of rookies starting is small which tells you they learn and play when they're ready. What sport are you watching?

Coach 57
12-31-2017, 05:29 PM
Honestly with the ease we transitioned from a base 4-3 to 3-4, and condsidering the talent we have coming back...any DC would be quite foolish to change back especially with the pieces we are acquiring from now to kickoff. I think we’ll be the most dominant front 7 we’ve ever had.

bulldawg28
12-31-2017, 05:32 PM
Honestly with the ease we transitioned from a base 4-3 to 3-4, and condsidering the talent we have coming back...any DC would be quite foolish to change back especially with the pieces we are acquiring from now to kickoff. I think we’ll be the most dominant front 7 we’ve ever had.

It can most definitely be 99ish

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2017, 05:33 PM
Your ignorant if you think Bear and Benny are on the same level as Sweat. The NFL is all about development. The percentages of rookies starting is small which tells you they learn and play when they're ready. What sport are you watching?

Just saying. Coming back is usually the right option.

Just found your post to be ignorant of the risk/reward of staying vs leaving.

The NFL is not a development league. Your either good quick or they cut you. Any amount of time you can spend in college actually playing to refine your skill set is worth it outside the top 2/3 rounds.

bulldawg28
12-31-2017, 05:35 PM
Just saying. Coming back is usually the right option.

Just found your post to be ignorant of the risk/reward of staying vs leaving.

The NFL is not a development league. Your either good quick or they cut you. Any amount of time you can spend in college actually playing to refine your skill set is worth it outside the top 2/3 rounds.

Your post shows your ignorance of the game and personnel. The isn't highschool football.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2017, 05:36 PM
Your post shows your ignorance of the game and personnel. The isn't highschool football.

Whatever mane

Coach 57
12-31-2017, 05:38 PM
Honestly with the ease we transitioned from a base 4-3 to 3-4, and condsidering the talent we have coming back...any DC would be quite foolish to change back especially with the pieces we are acquiring from now to kickoff. I think we?ll be the most dominant front 7 we?ve ever had.

bulldawg28
12-31-2017, 05:40 PM
Whatever mane

Yep

Coach34
12-31-2017, 06:18 PM
There is no way to double team Sweat when you have Simmons, Thomas/Hoyett, and Rivers or Green coming off the other side. Simmons is the 1st double team because he can?t be single blocked very often. We also played them on opposite sides- so you can?t dictate protection toward them.

Sweat loses money if he leaves early. With the front we will have next season- he will look even better to pro scouts. We will have an Alabama/Auburn type of DL

HoopsDawg
12-31-2017, 06:26 PM
Sweat loses money if he leaves early. With the front we will have next season- he will look even better to pro scouts. We will have an Alabama/Auburn type of DL

We've got 13 Dlinemen I've got no problem with being in the game.

Todd4State
12-31-2017, 06:30 PM
If I were Sweat I would come back. He has a unique opportunity to show scouts how he looks in a 4-3 now after playing a year in a 3-4.

I would only go to the NFL early if I got a first round grade personally.

Bully13
12-31-2017, 06:39 PM

No. Dumb post. And you suck for posting stupid shit.

Homedawg
12-31-2017, 06:54 PM

You realize we played 4 down way more than 3 down right?? We were a 3-4 team in our base concept. BUt we lined up in a 4-2-5 way more than any other alignment.

Coach34
12-31-2017, 07:03 PM
You realize we played 4 down way more than 3 down right?? We were a 3-4 team in our base concept. BUt we lined up in a 4-2-5 way more than any other alignment.

played the hell out of the 4-2-5 yesterday

bulldawg28
12-31-2017, 07:14 PM
No. Dumb post. And you suck for posting stupid shit.

You're looking through homer stupid glasses and a tough guy on a computer..lol.

bulldawg28
12-31-2017, 07:19 PM

4-3 and 4-2-5 are different defenses. With Simmons over the center the majority of the year with two gap responsibility he fared well. When doubled team he disappeared ala Georgia, A&M, and even Ole Miss. A true 4-3 which is what Shoop supposedly runs is a totally different defense and gap responsibility. He can and will be doubled teamed

bulldawg28
12-31-2017, 07:20 PM

*lucky for us English is our DC*

Ifyouonlyknew
12-31-2017, 07:28 PM

Yep a defense we'll see a ton of next year.

bulldawg28
12-31-2017, 07:34 PM
There is no way to double team Sweat when you have Simmons, Thomas/Hoyett, and Rivers or Green coming off the other side. Simmons is the 1st double team because he can?t be single blocked very often. We also played them on opposite sides- so you can?t dictate protection toward them.

All of your post is based on Gratham's defense and the other guys stepping up their play. Thomas is the only interior guy that truly complimented Simmons. Hoyett is average, Greene did better but still isn't dominant and both can be singly blocked freeing other lineman to double team. If Rivers is legit then things change if they're all in the game at the same time. If they're in different rotations it's a moot point.

Coach34
12-31-2017, 07:37 PM
Yep a defense we'll see a ton of next year.

yep. I think we will as well. Having Sweat off the backside with Simmons being doubled on the front will cause alot of protection problems. Especially adding Rivers, Odom, and older Jones...plus having Green coming off the edge as well. Scary

Coach34
12-31-2017, 07:40 PM
All of your post is based on Gratham's defense and the other guys stepping up their play. Thomas is the only interior guy that truly complimented Simmons. Hoyett is average, Greene did better but still isn't dominant and both can be singly blocked freeing other lineman to double team. If Rivers is legit then things change if they're all in the game at the same time. If they're in different rotations it's a moot point.

my post is based on us being in a 4 front next year like we were yesterday. Sweat was wearing out that LT and Simmons had 8 QB hurries as a DT. That is just sick. 6 QB sacks against one of the top dual threat guys in the country- and it should have been 8-9 sacks but he was just too good of an athlete to escape.

bulldawg28
12-31-2017, 07:46 PM
my post is based on us being in a 4 front next year like we were yesterday. Sweat was wearing out that LT and Simmons had 8 QB hurries as a DT. That is just sick. 6 QB sacks against one of the top dual threat guys in the country- and it should have been 8-9 sacks but he was just too good of an athlete to escape.

Agreed. If that happens. Imo English is not getting enough credit for the types of blitzes and gameplan yesterday. He kept safeties back and kept us out of cover 0. He also kept McClaurin free instead of covering. Grantham kept the secondary in bad situations

Political Hack
12-31-2017, 08:35 PM
He?ll be sure fire first rounder if he comes back. He?ll be a high end late first rounder to mid rounds if he came out this year. He needs to go through the process to experience it, but I hope he comes back and makes a mint next year.

State?s NFL resume is pretty legit right now.

Commercecomet24
12-31-2017, 08:57 PM

And looked dang good doing it!

Really Clark?
12-31-2017, 09:22 PM
4-3 and 4-2-5 are different defenses. With Simmons over the center the majority of the year with two gap responsibility he fared well. When doubled team he disappeared ala Georgia, A&M, and even Ole Miss. A true 4-3 which is what Shoop supposedly runs is a totally different defense and gap responsibility. He can and will be doubled teamed

Grantham and Shoop both run 1 gap defenses

bulldawg28
12-31-2017, 09:52 PM
Grantham and Shoop both run 1 gap defenses

Grantham generally runs two gap. He's changed when guys couldn't do it. He mixes it up. The DL will be fine imo. I'm just hoping the zero coverage with safeties guarding WR's is over in trips

Homedawg
12-31-2017, 10:21 PM

You realize that very rarely in today's game w all the spread do you not have 5 db's on the field unless it's short yardage.

Spiderman
12-31-2017, 11:28 PM

Hard to double team a DE unless you use a RB. It so, that weakens the offense. Simmons needs to be at the 3 to alleviate him getting doubled also

bulldawg28
01-01-2018, 05:56 AM
You realize that very rarely in today's game w all the spread do you not have 5 db's on the field unless it's short yardage.

I know what most teams do. You do realize we just started doing this predominantly this year? Prior to running our 4-3 defense we kept the LB lined up over a WR? So don't act like it's the norm for State.
If the new DC does it we're just catching up. Grantham even used the 5th DB as a safety instead of a corner causing us to get torched all year deep. If we go with 5 dbs you still don't know if it's a corner or a safety with the new DC. I know Bama does it with a safety but we're not bama. Saturday we used primarily corners instead of safeties as the 5th DB and they shined.

bulldawg28
01-01-2018, 05:58 AM
Hard to double team a DE unless you use a RB. It so, that weakens the offense. Simmons needs to be at the 3 to alleviate him getting doubled also

Hard to and impossible are two different things. If that's the offense only option to minimize Sweat and Simmons you already know they'll plan to.

Spiderman
01-01-2018, 09:59 AM
Hard to and impossible are two different things. If that's the offense only option to minimize Sweat and Simmons you already know they'll plan to.

Then D should have a field day if they double 2 people

bulldawg28
01-01-2018, 10:11 AM

True.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-01-2018, 10:51 AM

Yeah, offenses are already at a disadvantage because they only have 10 blockers (ball carrier doesn't count) to handle 11 defenders. Double team 2 D-lineman and now it's 6 to block 9... no amount of clever scheming can overcome that kind of disadvantage. I mean, you can't even double Simmons and run away from Sweat to solve the numbers problem, because Sweat is so fast he'll still make the play from the backside.

WSOPdawg
01-01-2018, 11:49 AM
Agreed. If that happens. Imo English is not getting enough credit for the types of blitzes and gameplan yesterday. He kept safeties back and kept us out of cover 0. He also kept McClaurin free instead of covering. Grantham kept the secondary in bad situations

Agree dawg28. Grantham was a MAJOR upgrade over Sirmon, but I saw room for lots of improvement as the season progressed. English gave us one of our top-3 defensive game plans on the season against L'ville and Jackson, imo. Or maybe I should say, halftime adjustments although his gameplan in the 1st half was solid.

WSOPdawg
01-01-2018, 11:53 AM
He?ll be sure fire first rounder if he comes back. He?ll be a high end late first rounder to mid rounds if he came out this year. He needs to go through the process to experience it, but I hope he comes back and makes a mint next year.

State?s NFL resume is pretty legit right now.

While watching pre-game this morning, Mel Kiper's top-10 overall in this year's draft included 4 DE's so I could see Sweat being closer to mid-1st rounder if he duplicates this season's success.

Saltydog
01-01-2018, 01:38 PM
NT