PDA

View Full Version : No pressure shoop

msstate7
12-31-2017, 09:01 AM
But I expect our defense to be one of the best to wear maroon and white if we can keep sweat.

We return our entire depth chart on dline, and add in autry, rivers, and Odom.

We lose Harris and and jung at lb, but return everyone else. I expect a big bounce back season from Leo. I expect gay and Thompson to start looking like all sec guys.

I think our biggest loss on defense is durr. I was really encouraged by dantzler yesterday though... he looked like the guy I have heard hype about since last season. We need him to be a lock down guy. Adding cole, landrews, and Williams could really improve our depth and overall talent in the secondary. I really like shoop being a safety guy bc I think we have talent that has not been fully tapped in to there.

I love our defense headed in to 2018

Schultzy
12-31-2017, 09:50 AM
Dantzler should’ve been an every down player from the first play of the season.

IMissJack
12-31-2017, 10:18 AM
Dang I would have loved to see Grantham with this group one more year.

tcdog70
12-31-2017, 10:32 AM
Durr had a really good season . They seldom threw his way.

Ari Gold
12-31-2017, 11:17 AM
Coach Shoop was one of the if not the hottest DC in college football just a few years. Don’t let the dumpster fire that was / is Tennessee Football Throw shade to that.
This is a ****ing big time hire.

msstate7
12-31-2017, 11:33 AM
Coach Shoop was one of the if not the hottest DC in college football just a few years. Don’t let the dumpster fire that was / is Tennessee Football Throw shade to that.

I agree. I love the hire

Leeshouldveflanked
12-31-2017, 11:39 AM
Depth at CB and LB will be our biggest concern this upcoming season....

HoopsDawg
12-31-2017, 11:43 AM

I hope so. I really hope he can be multiple and not force a 4-3. Gerri Green agrees with me b/c he benefited from the 3-4 as much as anyone. I also loved how we played in the face of the WR's. First time in 9 years that we didn't give a 7 yard cushion.

HoopsDawg
12-31-2017, 11:48 AM
Depth at CB and LB will be our biggest concern this upcoming season....

I hear that Shoop plays a lot of nickel. That means just 2 LB's. If that's true we have Leo, Erroll, Kilby-Lane, and Gay. That's 3 highly recruited 4 stars, plus Thompson who looks good. That's a good 2 deep.

Corner is my only big concern, but I was encouraged by Dantz's play yesterday. I hope we can sign Rayshad Williams from Memphis. He is committed to Vandy, but is considering us, UT, and UF. Peters, Dantzler, Rayford, and Tyler Williams is what we are looking at right now. I think Abram might be starting over Bryant. Then Brian Cole is going to play a lot as a nickel corner. Hopefully Murphy can help out too.

Cooterpoot
12-31-2017, 12:27 PM
We played a lot of Nickel yesterday. I wouldn’t worry about the 3-4/4-3 differences. We mixed it up a lot this year. Players are players. Shoop is a fantastic hire!

TrapGame
12-31-2017, 01:01 PM
We played a lot of Nickel yesterday. I wouldn’t worry about the 3-4/4-3 differences. We mixed it up a lot this year. Players are players. Shoop is a fantastic hire!

Exactly! This defense made a Heisman winning QB look average. And Todd Grantham was not on the sidelines. Shoop will have a damn good defense next season.

Todd4State
12-31-2017, 01:38 PM
I think Shoop goes 4-3 against pro style offenses and 4-2-5/Nickle against the spread.

Commercecomet24
12-31-2017, 06:10 PM
I hear that Shoop plays a lot of nickel. That means just 2 LB's. If that's true we have Leo, Erroll, Kilby-Lane, and Gay. That's 3 highly recruited 4 stars, plus Thompson who looks good. That's a good 2 deep.

Corner is my only big concern, but I was encouraged by Dantz's play yesterday. I hope we can sign Rayshad Williams from Memphis. He is committed to Vandy, but is considering us, UT, and UF. Peters, Dantzler, Rayford, and Tyler Williams is what we are looking at right now. I think Abram might be starting over Bryant. Then Brian Cole is going to play a lot as a nickel corner. Hopefully Murphy can help out too.

Hoops didn?t you love the way Dantzler kept getting his around and playing the ball and not the man? It drives me crazy watching passes sail by dbs heads because they won?t get their heads around and find the ball or getting a pi for bumping the receiver cause they don?t know where the ball is. Cam kept good leverage found the ball and showed no fear in run support. He looked really good.