PDA

View Full Version : Orange Bowl

RocketDawg
12-30-2017, 08:09 PM
The on-field announcer just said one of the players was majoring in physics and astrology. Somehow I doubt that ....

Commercecomet24
12-30-2017, 08:13 PM
Lol that?s funny! Pretty sure you can major in astrology at a beauty school.

RocketDawg
12-30-2017, 08:16 PM
Lol that?s funny! Pretty sure you can major in astrology at a beauty school.

Ha. :) Cosmetology? As opposed to cosmology?

I think the guy was probalby majoring in physics & astronomy though. Astronomy is hard science ... astrology is pure fantasy.

RocketDawg
12-30-2017, 08:18 PM
They also said Miami has 46 4-star players; Wisconsin has 8. They didn't mention 5-stars.

I think I'll pull for Wisconsin.

starkvegasdawg
12-30-2017, 08:18 PM
Not sure that was a fumble. Sec crew.

Coursesuper
12-30-2017, 08:19 PM
Not a fumble, SEC officiating st it’s finest.

RocketDawg
12-30-2017, 08:20 PM
Does Miami have official team colors? They seem to come out in different colors every time I see them.

Commercecomet24
12-30-2017, 08:20 PM

I think the guy was probalby majoring in physics & astronomy though. Astronomy is hard science ... astrology is pure fantasy.

Ha! Yeah I was making a play on words there. Dudes probably gonna be an Astro-Physicist

RocketDawg
12-30-2017, 08:24 PM
Ha! Yeah I was making a play on words there. Dudes probably gonna be an Astro-Physicist

Yeah, I know you were. Astrophysicist ... doesn't OM have a big fan that has a PhD in astrophysics from Duke, even though they don't have that degree there? Can't remember his name.

Actually, it was Theoretical Astrophysics. I guess that sounds better than plain old astrophysicist.

Commercecomet24
12-30-2017, 08:27 PM
Yeah, I know you were. Astrophysicist ... doesn't OM have a big fan that has a PhD in astrophysics from Duke, even though they don't have that degree there? Can't remember his name.

Actually, it was Theoretical Astrophysics. I guess that sounds better than plain old astrophysicist.

Theoretical Astrophysics way above my pay grade lol. My closest link to astrophysics is watching the Big Bang theory.

DownwardDawg
12-30-2017, 08:29 PM
Not a fumble, SEC officiating st it’s finest.

Another terrible call.

RocketDawg
12-30-2017, 08:36 PM
Theoretical Astrophysics way above my pay grade lol. My closest link to astrophysics is watching the Big Bang theory.

The supposed OM fan was a fake.

Commercecomet24
12-30-2017, 08:39 PM
The supposed OM fan was a fake.

Of course, is anything about that place not fake.

Coursesuper
12-30-2017, 08:49 PM
Wisconsin is slow.

Commercecomet24
12-30-2017, 08:51 PM
Wisconsin is slow.

Lol I just said that to my sons. Miami to fast for Wisconsin

RocketDawg
12-30-2017, 08:56 PM
The Miami cheer squad in the stands in MUCH better than aTm's ....

Coursesuper
12-30-2017, 08:56 PM
I know I’m being snarky but the Miami crowd looks like lower class Bammers
If there can be such a thing.

RocketDawg
12-30-2017, 09:00 PM
I know I’m being snarky but the Miami crowd looks like lower class Bammers
If there can be such a thing.

It's a home game for Miami so there are probably lots of local bandwagon fans there, many of whom are like Bammers. For some reason, their attendance seems to have picked up since they moved to the new stadium. Miami is a pretty classy ... or at least expensive ... private school, so I expect their alumni reflect that. The players have been known to be a little below that though ....

RocketDawg
12-30-2017, 09:08 PM
I'm pulling for the Badgers but that wasn't a TD.

BrunswickDawg
12-30-2017, 09:20 PM
Y?all keep an eye on DeeJay Dallas - already has a nice TD run for Miami tonight. Making all of Brunswick, GA proud!

RocketDawg
12-30-2017, 09:21 PM
The Badgers are coming alive now.

Commercecomet24
12-30-2017, 09:44 PM
Great adjustments by Wisconsin

Coursesuper
12-30-2017, 09:45 PM
Another terrible call.

Egregious holding call missed on that series by whiskey on that drive. Rickt should be pissed at that.

LC Dawg
12-30-2017, 09:45 PM
Anyone have a guess as to what caused Richt to lose it?

Coursesuper
12-30-2017, 09:49 PM
Anyone have a guess as to what caused Richt to lose it?

Sec officials not calling blatant holding by Wisconsin on the last two drives. On the last one it was just a joke.

LC Dawg
12-30-2017, 09:53 PM
Sec officials not calling blatant holding by Wisconsin on the last two drives. On the last one it was just a joke.
He?s from the SEC. He should be used to it. Seriously though, it seems a little excessive to almost get tossed over missed holding calls. I?ve never seen Richt that animated.

Commercecomet24
12-30-2017, 09:53 PM

cfb officials are bad all the way around but the sec officials lead the way. smh

Coursesuper
12-30-2017, 10:04 PM
He?s from the SEC. He should be used to it. Seriously though, it seems a little excessive to almost get tossed over missed holding calls. I?ve never seen Richt that animated.

When it's costing you the game and they won't make a call you tend to lose your cool. And yes he should know, and he does so he's even more pissed, hell I can't blame him these guy suck and are arrogant about sucking.

Coursesuper
12-30-2017, 10:07 PM
cfb officials are bad all the way around but the sec officials lead the way. smh

Yes, they are the worst of the worst, and lazy on top of that. The whole problem with officiating is it's a good old boys club with no clear system for penalizing those that continue to fail.

RocketDawg
12-30-2017, 10:07 PM

Wisconsin's uniforms sorta look like Alabama's. Maybe the offcials are getting confused.

Richt was upset about a targeting call wasn't he? Not uncalled holding.

Edit: Well, I guess it was at least partially about holding after seeing the "interview" after halftime.

Coursesuper
12-30-2017, 10:09 PM
Wisconsin's uniforms sorta look like Alabama's. Maybe the offcials are getting confused.

Richt was upset about a targeting call wasn't he? Not uncalled holding.

Edit: Well, I guess it was at least partially about holding after seeing the "interview" after halftime.

No it was the hold.

Commercecomet24
12-30-2017, 10:12 PM
Yes, they are the worst of the worst, and lazy on top of that. The whole problem with officiating is it's a good old boys club with no clear system for penalizing those that continue to fail.

That?s what bothers me the most. Schools have no recourse and apparently the conferences do absolutely nothing to penalize these officials for bad officiating. No checks and balances at all on these guys.

Coursesuper
12-30-2017, 10:24 PM
That?s what bothers me the most. Schools have no recourse and apparently the conferences do absolutely nothing to penalize these officials for bad officiating. No checks and balances at all on these guys.

They need to follow the MLB model, if you don't cut it your gone. Officials shouldn't belong to a conference but to a division best officials work their way to the top. Start off in D3 and work your way up. Be graded by professionals and this bush league crap will go away.

Commercecomet24
12-30-2017, 10:28 PM
They need to follow the MLB model, if you don't cut it your gone. Officials shouldn't belong to a conference but to a division best officials work their way to the top. Start off in D3 and work your way up. Be graded by professionals and this bush league crap will go away.

Exactly! There?s got to be some kind of grading system to eliminate the bad ones.

msbulldog
12-30-2017, 10:28 PM
Wisc. just held on that interception.

Coursesuper
12-30-2017, 10:30 PM
Wisc. just held on that interception.

Yep, bush league shat.

gravedigger
12-30-2017, 10:31 PM
At least 3 on this crew should be given a show cause and forbidden from refereeing another game for 2 years. This is awful

Coursesuper
12-30-2017, 10:34 PM
Exactly! There?s got to be some kind of grading system to eliminate the bad ones.

Yes, look I've done it, it's not easy out there and you're not going to catch everything, it's impossible. But the problem is the blatant things they let go. And different games are worked differently. That kind of subjective reasoning is what makes it so bad.

starkvegasdawg
12-30-2017, 10:38 PM
The WI kicker is the first kicker I?ve seen that looks like he really enjoys his beer and fried cheese sticks.

Dawg61
12-30-2017, 10:39 PM
I hate watching left handed QBs. Sorry for the random thought but unless they are Mike Vick they always look like they have weaker arms than righties and throw it slower.

Dawg61
12-30-2017, 10:40 PM
The WI kicker is the first kicker I?ve seen that looks like he really enjoys his beer and fried cheese sticks.

Sebastian Janikowski was a full blown alcoholic for awhile

Commercecomet24
12-30-2017, 10:43 PM
I hate watching left handed QBs. Sorry for the random thought but unless they are Mike Vick they always look like they have weaker arms than righties and throw it slower.

Better get used to it, Mayden a lefty lol

gravedigger
12-30-2017, 11:01 PM

We?ll get ready 61 cause the one after Keyton is going to have more success at Msu than Dak, Fitz or Keyton. And he?s a southpaw

Dawg61
12-30-2017, 11:02 PM
Better get used to it, Mayden a lefty lol

Knew this was coming. I'll get used to it when he throws tds.

Commercecomet24
12-30-2017, 11:05 PM
Knew this was coming. I'll get used to it when he throws tds.

Lol I?m with ya! I?m not fond of lefty qbs either. If he wins for us though I don?t care if he throws with his feet.

Dawg61
12-30-2017, 11:09 PM
Lol I?m with ya! I?m not fond of lefty qbs either. If he wins for us though I don?t care if he throws with his feet.

Eli Staley was a lefty and Croom had one that quit after he was long enough to take four shits on campus. forgot his name

Mobile Bay
12-30-2017, 11:12 PM

Thank you John Patrick Lestrade.

Bully13
12-30-2017, 11:21 PM
Pulling for the team with a qb named "horni brook".

Sounds like a place where trout go to breed.

MagicDawg
12-31-2017, 01:09 PM
Thank you John Patrick Lestrade.

JPL's astronomy and astrophysics courses were two of the best courses I ever took. Fantastic. His teaching style was unconventional and amazing. Thanks for that brief flashback.

Meanwhile, I was at the game yesterday and I still haven't come down from the high!