Yep. Secn+

MCsMGs
12-30-2017, 04:24 PM
Is it being streamed?

Yep. But you should be here.

Goldendawg
12-30-2017, 04:28 PM
Yep. But you should be here.

50 years with FB season tickets. 2 hr drive to vegas after watching bowl game at home. Will make some BB games. Want to see men's attendance catch back up with women! !

MCsMGs
12-30-2017, 04:37 PM
I'm gonna be disappointed if we don't go over 100 and don't have 3 or 4 double doubles.

maroonmania
12-30-2017, 05:08 PM
Hump is almost totally empty.

chef dixon
12-30-2017, 05:12 PM
They start 4 dork white boys starting and they are scoring at will

maroonmania
12-30-2017, 05:18 PM
Why do we start out so terribly EVERY FREAKIN' game? We will be down in every SEC game at halftime, just mark it down.

thf24
12-30-2017, 05:22 PM
We're not playing badly on defense, they're just shooting extremely well. They'll cool off. The good news is we're finally off to a good start on offense.

chef dixon
12-30-2017, 05:26 PM
We are just a bad team. I keep waiting till the next game for it to change.

maroonmania
12-30-2017, 05:28 PM
I wish we could shoot 3 pointers like these white dudes for UNF.

HoopsDawg
12-30-2017, 05:32 PM
We are just a bad team. I keep waiting till the next game for it to change.

that's the bottom line. We just aren't very good. I watched Kansas hit 17 3's last night vs Texas. We can't shoot.

maroonmania
12-30-2017, 05:40 PM
The 3 point shooting clinic being put on by these North Florida guys is pretty incredible.

chef dixon
12-30-2017, 05:46 PM
Is Herard out today? I'd at least give him another chance. Ado is so much bigger than any guy on this team and he just can't get it done. It should be a cake walk. Not saying Herard will, but he hasn't been given a fair shot this season.

HoopsDawg
12-30-2017, 05:47 PM
Is Herard out today? I'd at least give him another chance. Ado is so much bigger than any guy on this team and he just can't get it done. It should be a cake walk. Not saying Herard will, but he hasn't been given a fair shot this season.

We played 10 guys in the first half. Herard is our number 11 right now. He just hasn't been productive when he has played. 0-7 from 3 against this team. Gotta recruit some guards that can shoot.

thf24
12-30-2017, 05:49 PM
Not saying Herard will, but he hasn't been given a fair shot this season.

How many passes does he have to bobble and point-blank uncontested putbacks does he have to miss before his shot is considered "fair?" Ado is clearly the best we've got down low by a long shot, as little as that's saying.

tcdog70
12-30-2017, 05:58 PM
Holman is playing his ass off. Great first half for Him

Bully13
12-30-2017, 05:59 PM
ok, so now I gotta go search? who we playing?

Coach007
12-30-2017, 06:15 PM
ok, so now I gotta go search? who we playing?

Game thread with no score reported........

maroonmania
12-30-2017, 06:17 PM
And as usual we pull away in the 2nd half. Would be nice to begin a game well.

maroonmania
12-30-2017, 06:18 PM
MSU leads 67-48

thf24
12-30-2017, 06:30 PM
I'd like to see what would happen to Ado's scoring if he'd do nothing for two weeks except work on that quick baby hook that they've been doing damage with today.

maroonmania
12-30-2017, 06:31 PM
Now 86-62

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-30-2017, 06:50 PM
We're a totally different team in the 2nd half

Dawg61
12-30-2017, 06:52 PM
Ok I am claiming myself the first in the Feazell & Singleton need more minutes club. I really like these two and they play well together. They both need more minutes. Singleton doesn't miss. I don't know what he is shooting but it's over 50% for sure.

maroonmania
12-30-2017, 07:00 PM
We're a totally different team in the 2nd half

Whatever Howland's halftime speech is, he should give it during pre-game.

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-30-2017, 07:03 PM
Whatever Howland's halftime speech is, he should give it during pre-game.

This is multiple times we've done this. I wonder if it's halftime adjustments or if it's just our talent finally overwhelming shitty teams once they get gassed?

Dawg61
12-30-2017, 07:06 PM
This is multiple times we've done this. I wonder if it's halftime adjustments or if it's just our talent finally overwhelming shitty teams once they get gassed?

We play ten guys, we are very athletic, we tire out other teams because we push it on offense and we don't get in as much foul trouble as the opponent. This is Howland's offense. He started it his last year at UCLA best I can tell. I think it's copying Russell Westbrook and OKC's style when they had the big 3. It's not about specific plays more as it's about speed, athleticism and wearing down the opponent with pace.

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-30-2017, 07:30 PM
We play ten guys, we are very athletic, we tire out other teams because we push it on offense and we don't get in as much foul trouble as the opponent. This is Howland's offense. He started it his last year at UCLA best I can tell. I think it's copying Russell Westbrook and OKC's style when they had the big 3. It's not about specific plays more as it's about speed, athleticism and wearing down the opponent with pace.

I know people were complaining earlier in the season about playing 10 guys. But what you just said seems like a perfectly valid strategy, especially considering our team seems to lack fundemental basketball IQ compared to Midwest/northern teams.

Dawg61
12-30-2017, 07:37 PM
I know people were complaining earlier in the season about playing 10 guys. But what you just said seems like a perfectly valid strategy, especially considering our team seems to lack fundemental basketball IQ compared to Midwest/northern teams.

I am probably projecting what I would do some here. I'd try to gass the other team and score as much as possible during transition.

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-30-2017, 07:48 PM
I am probably projecting what I would do some here. I'd try to gass the other team and score as much as possible during transition.

The way we seem to score for fun in the 2nd half, you might not be far off. Of course we're playing horrible teams too. I'm glad SEC play is here and we finally get to see how good we really are.

Dawg61
12-30-2017, 07:58 PM
Herard got zero minutes in a blowout. Is he injured or is the writing on the wall here?

WSOPdawg
12-30-2017, 09:40 PM
And Peters only got 15 minutes??? Not good for a key player that we need to work out of his funk.

tcdog70
12-30-2017, 09:43 PM
Peters looked really shaky. Better hope the X can keep that game going.

msstate7
12-30-2017, 09:56 PM
I am really worried about peters and our team if he does not get it going. We need peters on his game

Dawg61
12-30-2017, 10:07 PM

Stapleton was on fire in the 2nd half. He has ridiculous hops. Can't imagine what they'd be like if he hadn't had two knee surgeries.

RougeDawg
12-30-2017, 10:08 PM
Herard got zero minutes in a blowout. Is he injured or is the writing on the wall here?

I think the writing was solidified on the wall a few games ago when he had as many touches as he did turnovers. He takes ?Stone Hands? to a new level.

Dawg61
12-30-2017, 10:14 PM
I think the writing was solidified on the wall a few games ago when he had as many touches as he did turnovers. He takes ?Stone Hands? to a new level.

Herard's size and character are why I don't want him encouraged to go elsewhere. He really just needs to learn how to play big and mean. We'd see a totally different player if he'd get some coaching this summer from someone like Shaq. Herard's failures to me stem from a failure from the coaching staff to teach/develop him.

HoopsDawg
12-30-2017, 10:16 PM
I am really worried about peters and our team if he does not get it going. We need peters on his game

Yep, it's crazy. I keep waiting on him to snap out of it.

Dawg61
12-30-2017, 10:29 PM

Yep, it's crazy. I keep waiting on him to snap out of it.

Peters struggled the last nine games of last year too. He hasn't been on his game in a long time. He's now struggled in the same amount of games as he's been "on his game" during his career at MSU.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/4066281/year/2017/lamar-peters

Irondawg
12-30-2017, 10:52 PM
I keep wondering what the difference is when this summer people were raving about him and then this season where he has regressed to not being usable in a lot of games.

Dawg61
12-30-2017, 11:00 PM
I keep wondering what the difference is when this summer people were raving about him and then this season where he has regressed to not being usable in a lot of games.

People play defense in college. What's really depressing is we haven't played anyone with a pulse and he's still struggling vs them. Good luck vs Kentucky bruh

WSOPdawg
12-30-2017, 11:41 PM

X was jumping out of the gym on those long-range treys -- dude has serious hops!

MCsMGs
12-30-2017, 11:50 PM
Herard's size and character are why I don't want him encouraged to go elsewhere. He really just needs to learn how to play big and mean. We'd see a totally different player if he'd get some coaching this summer from someone like Shaq. Herard's failures to me stem from a failure from the coaching staff to teach/develop him.

I'm with ya on the first part of this...Herard has elite athleticism and contrary to popular opinion, he does not have hands of stone. His problems stem from two things. One is that most of the passes to him when he is posted up on the blocks are poorly placed and it's hard to move even 6 inches when your body is leveraged against the defender. If he has to step forward or reach for the pass, he is gonna be off balance and/or lose his position. His biggest problem is that he just plays too soft. He doesn't fumble the ball away, he just gets it taken away from him! He does the same thing on rebounds. He will be first to the ball only to have it taken away by a much smaller and weaker player.

As for the second part, the coaching staff is very aware of his soft play...He just needs to learn to play with authority. When and if he decides he "wants it" bad enough, he will be a great player. There is plenty of time off the court for him to be a nice guy!