PDA

View Full Version : Officials are doing a fine job

dawgoneyall
12-30-2017, 01:50 PM
Per instructions.

BulldogBear
12-30-2017, 01:55 PM
We were driving through Tennessee trying to watch on espn app. Quite the fail. Finally got bad radio about Memphis. Now at restaurant watching in Horn Lake. What were the penalties, particularly personal fouls?

War Machine Dawg
12-30-2017, 02:28 PM
We were driving through Tennessee trying to watch on espn app. Quite the fail. Finally got bad radio about Memphis. Now at restaurant watching in Horn Lake. What were the penalties, particularly personal fouls?

Too many to list, but the highlights:

"Late hit" on Mac when the runner was still inbounds. Missed a fumble and clear recovery on the same play.
No PI when our WR was tackled well before the ball arrived.
Missed illegal hands to the face on an OL who ripped off Simmons' helmet.
Missed punch thrown by a UL player.

Hell, I've forgotten all the calls/no calls.

maroonmania
12-30-2017, 02:59 PM
Too many to list, but the highlights:

"Late hit" on Mac when the runner was still inbounds. Missed a fumble and clear recovery on the same play.
No PI when our WR was tackled well before the ball arrived.
Missed illegal hands to the face on an OL who ripped off Simmons' helmet.
Missed punch thrown by a UL player.

Hell, I've forgotten all the calls/no calls.

Your first one is the biggest blown call of the game. We should be up by a TD right now! Why have replay if you don't even review a play like that?

Martianlander
12-30-2017, 05:55 PM
Thought that roughing the QB call on Simmons late was a little chincy too. Guess the refs have never heard of gravity. Looked to me like Simmons was well into the tackle and would have been very difficult to let up.

1bigdawg
12-30-2017, 07:13 PM
Your first one is the biggest blown call of the game. We should be up by a TD right now! Why have replay if you don't even review a play like that?

They did review it: only looked at where he stepped out. They marked where he fumbled it even though he had not stepped out at the time. Horrible.

War Machine Dawg
12-30-2017, 08:23 PM
Thought that roughing the QB call on Simmons late was a little chincy too. Guess the refs have never heard of gravity. Looked to me like Simmons was well into the tackle and would have been very difficult to let up.

Yeah, I'd forgotten that one. Super weak call on that, too. It's football. If the QBs are untouchable, let's just put the red jerseys on them.