PDA

View Full Version : For any game film fans watch Fordham vs Army 2015 on Youtube

gravedigger
12-30-2017, 11:18 AM
It will give you a good indication what we may look like next fall.

Fordham had a freshman qb, a very good running back, a TE that should have been playing basketball (6'8") playing more as a WR.

A good many 2 running back sets.

Notice how the qb gets rid of the football quickly.

If you've watched the video's of him explaining the 'Flood' plays you'll see them pretty evidently .One thing that strikes me is how often he runs plays to the short side of the field.

Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRVkY00kNio

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2017, 11:36 AM
Good find.

Here is what I'm excited about:

It's like we hired the next generation of "Meyer/Mullen" style offense. I realize they didn't invent it, but they were part of the initial evolution of it. With Mullen, we got that offense & pretty much stuck to it for 9 years without much evolution, nuances, etc....

Now, we have hired the next generation of that offensive concept. Many of the things Moorhead runs look very similar to Mullen's offense, but it's the next generation of it, it's new model, it's the Meyer/Mullen offense + 10 more years of evolution.

Therefore, I don't think the offense itself is going to be huge learning curve for our players. The terminology will be different but many of the basic concepts of running the football will be very similar, but our players will have to take what they know from the Mullen offense & learn the 10 years of evolution.

gravedigger
12-30-2017, 11:48 AM
Good find.

Here is what I'm excited about:

It's like we hired the next generation of "Meyer/Mullen" style offense. I realize they didn't invent it, but they were part of the initial evolution of it. With Mullen, we got that offense & pretty much stuck to it for 9 years without much evolution, nuances, etc....

Now, we have hired the next generation of that offensive concept. Many of the things Moorhead runs look very similar to Mullen's offense, but it's the next generation of it, it's new model, it's the Meyer/Mullen offense + 10 more years of evolution.

Therefore, I don't think the offense itself is going to be huge learning curve for our players. The terminology will be different but many of the basic concepts of running the football will be very similar, but our players will have to take what they know from the Mullen offense & learn the 10 years of evolution.

I agree shotgun. One thing Joe does differently is read the safety and then get the ball Immediately into whatever void is left by his movement. RB?s find big holes by cutting back against the grain. If Msu had played penn State this year, we would have had serious problems containing their receivers to say nothing of Barkley.