PDA

View Full Version : So looks like the Vegas experts consider OM a touchdown better team than MSU...

maroonmania
10-01-2013, 09:07 AM
given they've made OM a 1 point favorite at Auburn where we were sitting as a 6.5 point underdog in the same spot 2 weeks ago.

bocfarm
10-01-2013, 09:09 AM
Aub not very good, specifically on defense. OM has the speed on defense to shut that gimmicke shit down

FlabLoser
10-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Sounds about right. OM has looked better than us this year.

MadDawg
10-01-2013, 09:25 AM
And if they beat Auburn that will mean they are indeed about a touchdown better than us. We will see. The picture becomes a lot clearer this weekend.

FISHDAWG
10-01-2013, 09:27 AM
because we exposed Auburn for who they really are

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Isn't it possible that we can get better? I'll make a prediction that by the time we play OM in the Egg Bowl it won't be anymore than a 3 point spread and could go in either direction.

bocfarm
10-01-2013, 09:47 AM
I agree Shotgun

RState
10-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Auburn got the blueprint from Bama on how to shut them down. I expect to see the spread at 3 or less for the Egg Bowl.

PMDawg
10-01-2013, 10:54 AM
that puts us around +5 for a home game vs. Ole Miss. If Vegas had it to do over, I doubt they would still put Auburn as a TD favorite over us. We had them beat, and blew it. I suspect if we played this week, UM would be around -2.5 vs. us.

engie
10-01-2013, 11:14 AM
Aub not very good, specifically on defense. OM has the speed on defense to shut that gimmicke shit down

Ole Miss busts a million coverages on defense for monster plays -- and NO ONE exploits confusion better than Malzahn does.

HancockCountyDog
10-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Ole Miss busts a million coverages on defense for monster plays -- and NO ONE exploits confusion better than Malzahn does.

Whoever can run the ball will win the game. The reason we almost won the game is because we shut down AU's run game. The reason Bama destroyed the bears is because they controlled the run game.

Gus, Bucky and Dan are all the same, they are run first coaches that everyone assumes throw the ball all over the field. If they can't run it, they can't win. AU couldn't run the ball in the first half, that is why LSU dominated them. The reason they only scored 20 or so points against us is because they couldn't run the ball. If they can't run the ball, they can't win.

deltadawg99
10-01-2013, 03:28 PM
My question is this, if Auburn beats OM what will Freeze's excuse be? That Siskey sent Auburn all of the OM signs?

Bubb Rubb
10-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Whoever can run the ball will win the game. The reason we almost won the game is because we shut down AU's run game. The reason Bama destroyed the bears is because they controlled the run game.

Gus, Bucky and Dan are all the same, they are run first coaches that everyone assumes throw the ball all over the field. If they can't run it, they can't win. AU couldn't run the ball in the first half, that is why LSU dominated them. The reason they only scored 20 or so points against us is because they couldn't run the ball. If they can't run the ball, they can't win.

I don't agree that Bucky is run-first. Unless you are including bubble screens into your run game argument, which isn't a stretch.

Coach34
10-01-2013, 03:45 PM

Not sure if serious

MemphisDawg
10-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Looks serious and sounds right to me.

Auburn isn't very good. And OM has one of the faster defenses in the SEC.

Coach34
10-01-2013, 07:32 PM

look forward to Saturday

RougeDawg
10-02-2013, 11:34 PM

Auburn had equal to or better stats than LSU in Baton Rouge 2 weeks ago. They also racked up more yards against LSU in a hostile invironment than they did against us at their place. Auburn with Gus will give any team fits. If they win the turnover battle, they will win the game more times than not, no matter who they play. They just turned it over too many times against LSU, and a couple times deep into LSU territory.

MemphisDawg
10-03-2013, 12:16 AM
I didn't compare stats or say who is going to win with this this or that.

I simply said that OMs defense while undersized is very quick. A very quick defense doesn't matchup well against power team (Bama, LSU) but they will do well against teams like A&M and Auburn because of that team speed.

RougeDawg
10-03-2013, 01:10 AM
I didn't compare stats or say who is going to win with this this or that.

I simply said that OMs defense while undersized is very quick. A very quick defense doesn't matchup well against power team (Bama, LSU) but they will do well against teams like A&M and Auburn because of that team speed.

Do you think OM's defense is better than ours? That will tell me a lot about how you view defenses. OM has only beaten mediocre at best offenses this year, and got the priviledge of playing some of the worst defenses in college football FBS and FCS. Factor those in also. Plus the teams they've beaten are 5-8 on season (3 wins against FBS, one being shitty UAB). To me their body of work ranks them in the 30-40 range, had they not had the recruiting class and numerous alumni in the media outlets.

They are clearly overrated. People like dumb**** Brando (bias from daughter attending OM) clearly used their podium to pump sunshine about OM all preseason and September, and other clowns bought into it. I will not be surprised if Auburn doesnt beat them by 10+. Auburn is clearly better than Vandy, and has one of the more underrated defenses in the conference.

bocfarm
10-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Do you think OM's defense is better than ours? That will tell me a lot about how you view defenses. OM has only beaten mediocre at best offenses this year, and got the priviledge of playing some of the worst defenses in college football FBS and FCS. Factor those in also. Plus the teams they've beaten are 5-8 on season (3 wins against FBS, one being shitty UAB). To me their body of work ranks them in the 30-40 range, had they not had the recruiting class and numerous alumni in the media outlets.

They are clearly overrated. People like dumb**** Brando (bias from daughter attending OM) clearly used their podium to pump sunshine about OM all preseason and September, and other clowns bought into it. I will not be surprised if Auburn doesnt beat them by 10+. Auburn is clearly better than Vandy, and has one of the more underrated defenses in the conference.

I'm not disagreeing on the hype but both TX and Vandy are better than both teams we've beaten, so hard to compare us to them at this point...gotta let the season play out. The game with Aub will tell us more ab both of them, compared to us

Bubb Rubb
10-03-2013, 08:40 AM

I hate Ole Miss just like you, but we have to be realistic about things too. Auburn isn't nearly as good as you or others on here are saying. Screw how that game went down - we should've won that game by two touchdowns. We were better than them up and down the line. It's really only the second time I can remember a Dan Mullen team lose to someone we were clearly better than (the first time being the Egg Bowl last year). I don't see how you can say Auburn is clearly better than Vandy. There is nothing clear about it. And I'm not saying Vandy is great either. But I think those teams are at least on par with each other. I think Ole Miss will beat Auburn comfortably. If I'm wrong, I'll be the happiest guy here, but I just don't see it.

I do agree that they are overrated. But they aren't terrible. Other teams aren't going to be able to do to them defensively what Bama was able to do to them.