PDA

View Full Version : TSUN recruiting

Matt3467
12-28-2017, 09:20 PM
Poised to get the nations #6 RB and #124 overall. Unbelievable. Thought recruiting would surely be dead over there for a while before these sanctions came out. They get a slap on the wrist on then the #4 QB flips to them. If MSU was in the boat TSUN was in then we would've been absolutely hammered.

msudawglb
12-28-2017, 09:25 PM
Poised to get the nations #6 RB and #124 overall. Unbelievable. Thought recruiting would surely be dead over there for a while before these sanctions came out. They get a slap on the wrist on then the #4 QB flips to them. If MSU was in the boat TSUN was in then we would've been absolutely hammered.

I?ve gotten to the point of just not caring about them anymore. If the past few years has shown us anything is that after their recruiting hauls they are still going to finish 5-7, 6-6, 7-5. NO MATTER WHAT.

We play them once a year just like the other SEC West teams. I look at them as just another Arkansas. Actually worse.

Jack Lambert
12-28-2017, 09:33 PM
They are still going to sign some top recruits. One or two guys don't mean shit if you don't have anyone else to go with them. Every p 5 schools get four stars. Once those WR are gone ole miss will have nothing. I suspect Luke will be fired with in two seasons.

BuckyIsAB****
12-28-2017, 09:35 PM
Good for them

SDDawg
12-28-2017, 09:35 PM
One top 250 recruit is not killing it by any stretch. When they sign 5 or 6 guys in the top 100, call me and we'll have this discussion. Until then, they're gonna get a nice player or two (or even 3 or 4) but the old days are gone and they know it.

Commercecomet24
12-28-2017, 09:36 PM

If you?re referring to ealy unm ain?t getting him. He?ll be taking the millions from mlb. He will never see the campus.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2017, 09:42 PM
If your talking about the Alabama RB, I see 90% of his crystal balls to LSU

What makes you think they are poised for anything?

msstate7
12-28-2017, 09:44 PM

I assume you are talking about the rb from Alabama. What is going on with that guy? He is highly rated and has taken no official visits. He only has set up 1 to om the end of January. Overwhelming CBs to lsu, but none lately and 2 now to OM (yancy and a Memphis tiger guy). Is this kid a major grade risk or something? Makes no sense he is so highly rated and pretty much nothing on him lately

Dawgology
12-28-2017, 09:46 PM
Impossible. Those were devastating sanctions....DEVASTATING!!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-28-2017, 09:50 PM

Because Yancy CB'd them* smh. Which he does to anybody who even mentions Ole Miss in a sentence.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2017, 09:58 PM
I assume you are talking about the rb from Alabama. What is going on with that guy? He is highly rated and has taken no official visits. He only has set up 1 to om the end of January. Overwhelming CBs to lsu, but none lately and 2 now to OM (yancy and a Memphis tiger guy). Is this kid a major grade risk or something? Makes no sense he is so highly rated and pretty much nothing on him lately

I wonder if he is a non-qualifier

Commercecomet24
12-28-2017, 10:00 PM

Gotta be it.

msstate7
12-28-2017, 10:05 PM

Probably. If he truly is a non-qualifier, it would be so om to sign him anyway while on scholarship restrictions bc he is a 4*

Ifyouonlyknew
12-28-2017, 10:10 PM

Bc LSU isn't sure they'll have room for him. Auburn & Bama have passed so far. TN & FL are sniffing around so right now OM is the leader bc of availability. His teammate Johnathan Hess is committed to OM also.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2017, 10:14 PM
Bc LSU isn't sure they'll have room for him. Auburn & Bama have passed so far. TN & FL are sniffing around so right now OM is the leader bc of availability. His teammate Johnathan Hess is committed to OM also.

How is a 94 rated RB in such low demand?

Coach34
12-28-2017, 10:16 PM

Their QB recruit got dropped by Fla and nobody in the Pac-12 wanted him. They got him because he has issues- as they do alot of their recruits

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2017, 10:21 PM
Their QB recruit got dropped by Fla and nobody in the Pac-12 wanted him. They got him because he has issues- as they do alot of their recruits

They doing what they have too right now.

They can’t get talent + makeup in a player right now, so they are just taking anyone with talent in an effort to build momentum before anyone figures out the catch. And the catch is that they are on pace to put together Team Leavenworth

Ezsoil
12-28-2017, 10:56 PM
And let's face it they never stopped the network....they are in full force and now they are emboldened because there are no consequences to all out cheating.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-28-2017, 11:17 PM
How is a 94 rated RB in such low demand?

Bc most people think he's going to outgrow RB & become a H-Back/TE type.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2017, 11:32 PM
Bc most people think he's going to outgrow RB & become a H-Back/TE type.

Ah. Gotcha. Amazing he is 94 rated then

He is 6’3” 220 now. Derrick Henry is 6’3” 240, so Joiner looks to be about the same in the future.

Hard to have quick feet and a low center of gravity at that size. Not sure a big, lumbering RB really fits OM’s offense

Commercecomet24
12-28-2017, 11:48 PM

He is 6’3” 220 now. Derrick Henry is 6’3” 240, so Joiner looks to be about the same in the future.

Hard to have quick feet and a low center of gravity at that size. Not sure a big, lumbering RB really fits OM’s offense

Backup qb*****

TUSK
12-28-2017, 11:49 PM
Maybe he wants to start day 1?

(Just a guess...)

maroonmania
12-28-2017, 11:55 PM
And let's face it they never stopped the network....they are in full force and now they are emboldened because there are no consequences to all out cheating.

Exactly, they are probably the most corrupt recruiting school in the nation who stuck their middle finger in the faces of the NCAA during the entire 3 year investigation while continuing to cheat during the entire process. And even with all of that the pathetic NCAA COI only gave them little more than a slap on the wrist with OM having every intention of appealing the 2nd year bowl ban (only truly stinging thing they got). So right now they are very much emboldened to go back in Network strong with little worry of consequences and recruits see that accepting benefits has little potential downside. Its also obvious that OM will not be crippled in the way we thought they would be long term. So with all of that together we will have our hands full recruiting against them with the 2019 class. I think Moorhead will end up being a very good recruiter for us but for right now, Matt Luke is the HC with the longer standing relationship with MS HS coaches. Even with the 2018 class, if OM had gotten the penalties we thought they would get then Williams would not have flipped and Lovett would not be mulling things over.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-29-2017, 12:16 AM
Just a follow up

Joiner does have some grade concerns but the feeling is he will end up qualifying.

Jack Lambert
12-29-2017, 08:00 AM
Just a follow up

Joiner does have some grade concerns but the feeling is he will end up qualifying.

Since when has grades been an issue for Ole Miss?

notsofarawaydawg
12-29-2017, 08:34 AM

They did learn one thing from Freezus and his Network. The Heppin Bidness will always be open, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Covercorner2
12-29-2017, 09:00 AM

None of in-state schools or LSU have room for him. That's the story. He also runs like a 4.8. Even if they did have room it would be at linebacker. Case of being overrated.

And all of that is coming from ole miss sources.

All of that being said, I think LSU makes room for him in the end and he jumps on that. I believe I heard O say they had a "secret commit" at RB. I think it's him.

Todd4State
12-29-2017, 09:04 AM
Sounds like Ole Miss recruiting during Orgeron's first year.

FISHDAWG
12-29-2017, 09:05 AM
They are still going to sign some top recruits. One or two guys don't mean shit if you don't have anyone else to go with them. Every p 5 schools get four stars. Once those WR are gone ole miss will have nothing. I suspect Luke will be fired with in two seasons.

I'm sure that was the plan all along - but how do you get new recruits to consider that

Todd4State
12-29-2017, 09:06 AM
I'm sure that was the plan all along - but how do you get new recruits to consider that

Our fans have to put it out there on social media like their fans did when they said Dan was leaving for somewhere else 9 years in a row.

ShotgunDawg
12-29-2017, 09:59 AM
None of in-state schools or LSU have room for him. That's the story. He also runs like a 4.8. Even if they did have room it would be at linebacker. Case of being overrated.

And all of that is coming from ole miss sources.

All of that being said, I think LSU makes room for him in the end and he jumps on that. I believe I heard O say they had a "secret commit" at RB. I think it's him.

I realize it?s just rankings but it bothers me that guys like this are ranked over Marcus Murphy, Whop, Heath, etc. it just lacks sense.

All evaluators miss and put bad grades on guys but it appears as though the recruiting sites forget to fix them when more information is known.

12-29-2017, 10:42 AM

He is 6?3? 220 now. Derrick Henry is 6?3? 240, so Joiner looks to be about the same in the future.

Hard to have quick feet and a low center of gravity at that size. Not sure a big, lumbering RB really fits OM?s offense

Comparing this guy to Derrick freaking Henry is like comparing Elijah Staley to Cam Newton.

ShotgunDawg
12-29-2017, 11:01 AM
Comparing this guy to Derrick freaking Henry is like comparing Elijah Staley to Cam Newton.

Just watched his video.

Agree he's not Henry, but he is a good athlete that has a profile problem.

Not fast enough with a low enough center of gravity to be a legit SEC RB. Remember Henry had breakaway speed
Not long enough to an outside LB like KJ Wright, Gerri Green
Maybe he can be a TE like Engram or something.

Not sure.

ATTILLA THE DOG
12-29-2017, 11:07 AM
who give's a rip who they sign

12-29-2017, 12:22 PM
MSU fans really need to stop worrying about this. The Ole Miss Media will always skew perception to their advantage. Anyone want to know why the 2019 class is so hyped? Easy, because Ole Miss has the inside track on a lot of the players due to existing factors. I mean look around, they've somehow convinced people that they are doing alright in recruiting this year. Look at the actual class.....we have WIPED THE FLOOR instate. I personally believe that most classes in Mississippi are similar in overall talent, so why aren't we celebrating what WE have ACTUALLY done, rather than what they make it SEEM like they have done?

Whoever wins instate usually wins the battle. What Ole Miss did under Hugh Freeze with the out-of-staters is the exception, not the rule.

TUSK
12-29-2017, 03:21 PM
I would be really surprised if grades were an issue... unless, of course, he was "on scholarship" at Mtn. Brook, too....

Magician12
12-29-2017, 09:46 PM
I live in the Birmingham area and know guys involved with the Mountain brook program. Apparently, Joiner is extremely soft for a guy his size. There's a reason AU and bama are passing on a guy with his size and athleticism. Wouldn't be too worried if he ends up at ole miss

Dawg61
12-29-2017, 09:54 PM
I've gotten to the point of just not caring about them anymore.

https://media.giphy.com/media/26gspvTRJXosDwi1a/giphy.gif