PDA

View Full Version : 2019 RECRUITING

JETDAWG
12-28-2017, 12:50 PM
I was looking at the 24/7 recruiting page today, and started wondering about 2019, after looking at who we already have in the boat 2 4* guys and the amazing talent in Mississippi it seems if we can own the state we may be looking at a top 10 maybe even top 5 class. By the way Georgia already has 7 4 and 5* Any thoughts?

12-28-2017, 12:56 PM
I'm sure we'll get our share, but Ole Miss will be a real threat because their bowl ban will be gone, they'll be selling playing time, and the network will be back in operation. They are already touting that #mississippimade stuff. I am expecting to see them gain a good many early commitments.

We really need to have a good year and beat them in Oxford. If we do that, with an exciting offense, recruiting will take care of itself. We will also be able to sell playing time IMO, we can point to the big number of seniors and say the team is wide open. And we see every year, while we have a good foundation throughout the year, anything can happen in December/January.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2017, 01:08 PM
We won’t dominate the state.

We’ll get our fair share but will have to go out of state to fill in some gaps.

I think a top 15-20 class can be realistic but we simply lack the network power to sniff the top 10

Bothrops
12-28-2017, 01:49 PM
Ole Miss back in business very shortly. In time, I think it may even get worse than before.

Coach34
12-28-2017, 01:51 PM
I was looking at the 24/7 recruiting page today, and started wondering about 2019, after looking at who we already have in the boat 2 4* guys and the amazing talent in Mississippi it seems if we can own the state we may be looking at a top 10 maybe even top 5 class. By the way Georgia already has 7 4 and 5* Any thoughts?

We'll get some, OM will get some...and we will finish around 20th in recruiting as usual

Tbonewannabe
12-28-2017, 02:03 PM
Ole Miss back in business very shortly. In time, I think it may even get worse than before.

They had a player admit on TV that the coaches paid him and they got a slap on the wrist. I don't see why they just don't give out university credit cards and expense it.

MedDawg
12-28-2017, 02:13 PM
We won?t dominate the state.

We?ll get our fair share but will have to go out of state to fill in some gaps.

I think a top 15-20 class can be realistic but we simply lack the network power to sniff the top 10

Hopefully we can grab some blue chippers from those states, too.

Cooterpoot
12-28-2017, 02:16 PM
One of those 4* commits is going to flip. OM has inroads with a lot of the ‘19 class. We’ll get a few, but they’ll get more.

BankerDog
12-28-2017, 02:32 PM
One of those 4* commits is going to flip. OM has inroads with a lot of the ‘19 class. We’ll get a few, but they’ll get more.

Why? Because Demetric Warren changed his CB prediction? Black has a very pro-MSU coaching staff around and there are a lot of pro-MSU boosters in that area. It'll work itself out.

I don't consider Ealy that big of a loss. The last 4* kid from prep didn't really blow anyone away at OM. And they had another (Nik Hogan) that transferred to Northwest two years ago who was very unimpressive for a early 4* candidate.

Johnson85
12-28-2017, 02:42 PM
They had a player admit on TV that the coaches paid him and they got a slap on the wrist. I don't see why they just don't give out university credit cards and expense it.

I think we are going to get waxed in recruiting for 2019. If the instate talent really is that good, it will be an opportunity for Ole Miss to take a calculated risk. If they go big, they can basically erase the negative impacts from the NCAA investigation. I think that's going to be too tempting for them to resist and I don't think we're going to have the appetite to step up and compete.

jacksondawg
12-28-2017, 02:47 PM
Ealy is the real deal, but he will more than likely never step foot on a college campus.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-28-2017, 02:48 PM
I think that's going to be too tempting for them to resist

IMO this was the plan of the NCAA. To bait them bastards into doing it again. (At least that is what I like to think as to why they got off so easy)

confucius say
12-28-2017, 02:51 PM
Good gracious at the weak sauce in this thread. We are a pessimistic fan base.

msstate7
12-28-2017, 02:57 PM
I think it is way too early to predict who wins the state in recruiting. Moorhead could blow up or implode. Luke could take an nfl HC job... ok, that will not happen. Luke could also raise his stock or even be fired. Saban could come and take all the state blue chips for all we know right now.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2017, 03:00 PM
I think we are going to get waxed in recruiting for 2019. If the instate talent really is that good, it will be an opportunity for Ole Miss to take a calculated risk. If they go big, they can basically erase the negative impacts from the NCAA investigation. I think that's going to be too tempting for them to resist and I don't think we're going to have the appetite to step up and compete.

I don't see this happening at all.

OM will get some of the guys, but there are simply too many eyes on them to go all in & plus they don't have Freeze anymore.

I think we'll get our fair share & they will get some as well. I think with the states around us being loaded as well, I think we can have close to a #15 type class.

I don't buy the whole OM doom & gloom recruiting situation. While they may pull a few tricks, they have to be tentative right now due to fear of being outed & repeat violator.

Plus, Luke is certainly well antiquated with the network, but I don't think he's a bold or aggressive as Freeze. He'll get some guys but it won't be ridiculous.

Lastly, even when OM was cheating their ass off, they never dominated MS. Most of their most ridiculous cheating was done out of state. MSU will compete for in-state guys. Remember, we already have the best 2019 MS player committed & Black. Add Pickering to that & we are well on our way to have a great in-state haul

Leeshouldveflanked
12-28-2017, 04:38 PM
We need to have a recruiting target where roughly our class is a 50/50 in state/out of state... focusing on the states of Georgia, Alabama and Louisiana for the out of state players...

Lord McBuckethead
12-28-2017, 04:48 PM
Shoot Alabama and LA have all the additional players we need. GA, everyone is there. I would go for MS players first if talent is equal, then hit AL LA hard for the others.

PonderThis2
12-28-2017, 04:58 PM
We actually have some guys that will recruit on the new staff. I think we sign 9 4*s, 5 high3*s and 11 mid 3* and below.

12-28-2017, 05:55 PM
Shoot Alabama and LA have all the additional players we need. GA, everyone is there. I would go for MS players first if talent is equal, then hit AL LA hard for the others.
Exactly. MS is first obviously, then the surrounding states (we all know AR and TN don't produce as much as AL and LA though). You can get 80%+ of your players right there. After that, go wherever you want to get a few more. Add in JUCO supplements and you're set.

Coach34
12-28-2017, 08:23 PM
Ealy is the real deal, but he will more than likely never step foot on a college campus.

yep MLB is going to offer too much money

Leeshouldveflanked
12-28-2017, 08:41 PM

The State of Georgia has double the amount of 4-5 stars than Alabama/Louisiana combined in 2019 and 5 times as many as
Mississippi.

12-28-2017, 08:47 PM
The State of Georgia has double the amount of 4-5 stars than Alabama/Louisiana combined in 2019 and 5 times as many as
Mississippi.

They also have 5 times more schools recruiting the state. Some of you will never let that sink in.

Commercecomet24
12-28-2017, 09:04 PM

Yep foregone conclusion. He?s already decided he?s taking mlb money.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2017, 09:12 PM

2.5-4 mil

msstate7
12-28-2017, 09:15 PM
2.5-4 mil

He would be a fool to turn that down. Get the mlb team to pay for college education after baseball and it is a no-brainer

Commercecomet24
12-28-2017, 09:27 PM
Ealy is taking the mlb money. Kid ran a 6.4 60 this summer. Scouts love the speed and athleticism, question is if he?ll ever hit enough.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-28-2017, 09:45 PM
Yep foregone conclusion. He?s already decided he?s taking mlb money.

Did he really have to think about it? Seems like a no-brainer

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2017, 10:23 PM
Ealy is taking the mlb money. Kid ran a 6.4 60 this summer. Scouts love the speed and athleticism, question is if he?ll ever hit enough.

That’s the question with all of them. No sure things in baseball. Hopefully he is a better hitter than Joe Gray though, who can’t hit his way out of a wet paper sack

Commercecomet24
12-28-2017, 10:29 PM
That?s the question with all of them. No sure things in baseball. Hopefully he is a better hitter than Joe Gray though, who can?t hit his way out of a wet paper sack

Yeah I know that but some project as hitters and some don?t. He?s one that doesn?t. I?ve known joe gray since he was 5 and coached him when he was younger and no he?s not a great hitter and probably never will be. I?ve coached a few over the last 20 years who can rake though.

preachermatt83
12-29-2017, 12:57 AM
Why? Because Demetric Warren changed his CB prediction? Black has a very pro-MSU coaching staff around and there are a lot of pro-MSU boosters in that area. It'll work itself out.

I don't consider Ealy that big of a loss. The last 4* kid from prep didn't really blow anyone away at OM. And they had another (Nik Hogan) that transferred to Northwest two years ago who was very unimpressive for a early 4* candidate.

There are many more OM boosters in that area than MSU. I was born and raised there. Graduated with his parents. But it's all for naught. Trust me when I tell you, he will not come anywhere close to qualifying.

Todd4State
12-29-2017, 01:07 AM

My only question is if he goes in the top 30 or the sandwich pick round. Either way....he gone.

It just depends on how he does this summer. He comes from a baseball family too- which to me it seems like a lot of those types of players choose baseball over other sports.

Todd4State
12-29-2017, 01:10 AM
They also have 5 times more schools recruiting the state. Some of you will never let that sink in.

Yep. That's why Louisiana is our best out of state option. Only one SEC school to compete with that can't take all of the talent and misses some of the top talent from time to time. It's within driving distance and there are a few big cities and a major city in the state to recruit from.

I would say Memphis but it's dirty as hell in terms of recruiting there.

Commercecomet24
12-29-2017, 01:12 AM
There are many more OM boosters in that area than MSU. I was born and raised there. Graduated with his parents. But it's all for naught. Trust me when I tell you, he will not come anywhere close to qualifying.

Geez he?s not big on the school thing huh?

Commercecomet24
12-29-2017, 01:23 AM
My only question is if he goes in the top 30 or the sandwich pick round. Either way....he gone.

It just depends on how he does this summer. He comes from a baseball family too- which to me it seems like a lot of those types of players choose baseball over other sports.

Really good baseball family. Know them from tournaments over the years. Yeah hes top 30 going into spring/summer.

1bigdawg
12-29-2017, 09:57 AM
Exactly. MS is first obviously, then the surrounding states (we all know AR and TN don't produce as much as AL and LA though). You can get 80%+ of your players right there. After that, go wherever you want to get a few more. Add in JUCO supplements and you're set.

Tennessee is supposed to have a great class this year for the first time in ages.

DLGDawg
12-29-2017, 02:09 PM
We'll get some, OM will get some...and we will finish around 20th in recruiting as usual

I was hoping that w the county Club boys gone that we might see some difference as far as recruiting rankings go.

With the whole staff getting after it....that?s my hope anyway.
ETA. Not that recruiting rankings are that important. Just hoping that maybe this staff can get those extra 2-3 kids each year that are difference makers. Start doing that and 3-5 years down the road the roster dynamics have changed a lot.

Johnson85
12-29-2017, 03:03 PM
I don't see this happening at all.

OM will get some of the guys, but there are simply too many eyes on them to go all in & plus they don't have Freeze anymore.

I think we'll get our fair share & they will get some as well. I think with the states around us being loaded as well, I think we can have close to a #15 type class.

I don't buy the whole OM doom & gloom recruiting situation. While they may pull a few tricks, they have to be tentative right now due to fear of being outed & repeat violator.

Plus, Luke is certainly well antiquated with the network, but I don't think he's a bold or aggressive as Freeze. He'll get some guys but it won't be ridiculous.

Lastly, even when OM was cheating their ass off, they never dominated MS. Most of their most ridiculous cheating was done out of state. MSU will compete for in-state guys. Remember, we already have the best 2019 MS player committed & Black. Add Pickering to that & we are well on our way to have a great in-state haul

When OM was cheating their ass off, they decided to spend a shit ton of money outside of Mississippi. They could have spent that money inside Mississippi, and in 2019, they probably will.

I'm not saying they're going to make a clean sweep or anything. Even if it was completely disorganized, I think there have always been at least a few top in-state recruits where we have had somebody looking out for us and I doubt that changes in 2019. But barring a complete culture change at either MSU or UM between now and signing day 2019 (which I think is unlikely), you are likely going to see one school be much more aggressive than the other, and I would be surprised if that doesn't show up in the results on signing day.

ShotgunDawg
12-29-2017, 03:06 PM
When OM was cheating their ass off, they decided to spend a shit ton of money outside of Mississippi. They could have spent that money inside Mississippi, and in 2019, they probably will.

I'm not saying they're going to make a clean sweep or anything. Even if it was completely disorganized, I think there have always been at least a few top in-state recruits where we have had somebody looking out for us and I doubt that changes in 2019. But barring a complete culture change at either MSU or UM between now and signing day 2019 (which I think is unlikely), you are likely going to see one school be much more aggressive than the other, and I would be surprised if that doesn't show up in the results on signing day.

Pretty sure they did try to spend big money in MS when they were cheating their ass off.

Commercecomet24
12-29-2017, 03:06 PM
Pretty sure they did try to spend big money in MS when they were cheating their ass off.

Yep, this is a fact.