PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious watching Ole Miss fans making fun of Cam Akers

Todd4State
12-27-2017, 06:12 PM
On Twitter for playing in the Independence Bowl when.....well they're at home for the next two years.

Even more hilarious is that by implying that Akers made a mistake because the Indy Bowl is suddenly sub par in a way they're saying that the best move he could have made is technically going to MSU when you compare MSU, FSU, and Ole Miss.

Goldendawg
12-27-2017, 06:57 PM
Look how fast Shea, Jefferson, etc., went from great to garbage to them. Par for the UNM course for them!

preachermatt83
12-27-2017, 07:13 PM
Akers has far exceeded my expectations. The kid is good.

Ari Gold
12-27-2017, 07:52 PM
Wait.. I thought he was going to transfer out with the coaching change at FSU , sit a year out and go to Oxford..

Maroonthirteen
12-27-2017, 08:31 PM
Wait.. I thought he was going to transfer out with the coaching change at FSU , sit a year out and go to Oxford..

Yeah that’s a laugh. However I know a few Rebs that were seriously discussing the possibility. I didn’t laugh in their face.

Todd4State
12-27-2017, 09:07 PM
Yeah that’s a laugh. However I know a few Rebs that were seriously discussing the possibility. I didn’t laugh in their face.

I'm 99% sure that they keep in touch with players that they wanted in case things go awry in hopes of eventually getting them in the fold.

Harrydawg
12-27-2017, 09:11 PM
I assure you it is common practice for the network to work the back back channels

Todd4State
12-27-2017, 09:25 PM
I assure you it is common practice for the network to work the back back channels

Yeah. That's why I actually believed Hugh Freeze when he said that he used to talk to Chris Jones even though he was a player for us.

That's the ONLY thing I believed that came out of his mouth though.

TrapGame
12-27-2017, 09:39 PM
Big Willie ain't gonna let Cam leave without a fight. I bet he can get just as dirty.

msstate7
12-27-2017, 09:43 PM
Big Willie ain't gonna let Cam leave without a fight. I bet he can get just as dirty.

Cam is not leaving to sit out a year to play on OM after they lose 4 olinemen, their top 3 WRs (maybe 2 if metcalf is back), and Hawaii.

Todd4State
12-27-2017, 10:04 PM
Cam is not leaving to sit out a year to play on OM after they lose 4 olinemen, their top 3 WRs (maybe 2 if metcalf is back), and Hawaii.

It would take a Marcus Dupree situation where he gets a concussion and then falls off of the deep end for a little bit.

LC Dawg
12-28-2017, 09:22 AM
Not getting Cam Akers is the biggest penalty Ole Miss received and no amount of appeals or lawsuits is going to change that so they can, as always, go **** themselves.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2017, 09:34 AM
I wish we had Akers

We should be making fun of ourselves for never being a factor in his recruitment.

MSU hasn’t factored into the recruitment of 2 of the best offensive players to come out of Mississippi in 20 years and one was from Starkville. That’s worth laughing at as well

louisvilledawg
12-28-2017, 09:52 AM
I wish we had Akers

We should be making fun of ourselves for never being a factor in his recruitment.

MSU hasn’t factored into the recruitment of 2 of the best offensive players to come out of Mississippi in 20 years and one was from Starkville. That’s worth laughing at as well

Have you seen Kylin Hill? We have a great running back from that class. Relax.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2017, 09:54 AM
Have you seen Kylin Hill? We have a great running back from that class. Relax.

Kylin Hill is fantastic but he ain’t Akers. They weren’t and should never have been an either or.

My hope is that the new coaching staff doesn’t give up on great players so quickly.

fishwater99
12-28-2017, 10:11 AM
Kylin Hill is fantastic but he ain’t Akers. They weren’t and should never have been an either or.

My hope is that the new coaching staff doesn’t give up on great players so quickly.

Hill is pretty damn good, he would have put up the same numbers to Akers if he had started this year in a similar offense.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2017, 10:14 AM
Hill is pretty damn good, he would have put up the same numbers to Akers if he had started this year in a similar offense.

Agree. Due to Hill being more refined at RB than Akers, I actually agree he would've done similar things this year at FSU, but Akers is more talented & will show that over the next two years. Hill is really good but Akers is more athletic, faster, & has a better burst

preachermatt83
12-28-2017, 11:16 AM

I'd take hill over Akers.

Covercorner2
12-28-2017, 11:23 AM
Kylin Hill is fantastic but he ain?t Akers. They weren?t and should never have been an either or.

My hope is that the new coaching staff doesn?t give up on great players so quickly.

If we went all in on the Akers sweepstakes we would've ended up with Isaiah Woulard as our RB in that class like Ole Miss. I would say getting Hill worked out in the end.

AJ is another story, but he may never play in a bowl game in his career, so obviously his decision-making process didn't make much sense.

louisvilledawg
12-28-2017, 11:45 AM
If we went all in on the Akers sweepstakes we would've ended up with Isaiah Woulard as our RB in that class like Ole Miss. I would say getting Hill worked out in the end.

AJ is another story, but he may never play in a bowl game in his career, so obviously his decision-making process didn't make much sense.

Bowl games don't mean sh*t. Point of playing college ball is to play well enough to make it to the league.

Covercorner2
12-28-2017, 12:21 PM
Bowl games don't mean sh*t. Point of playing college ball is to play well enough to make it to the league.

Yeaaaa man. No one wants to compete for championships or anything** You do realize you can do that AND make it to the league at other schools aside from Ole Miss, right?

Spiderman
12-28-2017, 10:30 PM
I'm 99% sure that they keep in touch with players that they wanted in case things go awry in hopes of eventually getting them in the fold.

Believe me, they reached out to him through certain channels to see if he was interested. Yet another violation, and laughable considering Bjorks threats on Head to Head