PDA

View Full Version : What I like about the new staff

Todd4State
12-27-2017, 12:04 AM
Croom had McCorvey and others.

Dan had the Country Club.

But it doesn't appear as if Moorhead has many if any sacred cows.

QB- Breiner- probably the most likely, but we do need someone that knows the offense.
RB- Huff- coached with Joe for a couple of years, but is highly regarded as a recruiter.
WR- Getsy- never coached with Joe before
TE- Hud- Never coached with Joe before
OL- Johnson- Never coached with Joe before
DC/S- Shoop- Probably recommended by James Franklin but has not coached with Joe before.
DL- Baker- Never coached with Joe
LB- Lembaku- Maybe briefly?
CB- Woodson- Never coached with Joe
K/P- Boniol- Never coached with Joe
ST- Scott Fountain- Never coached with Joe

Hopefully this means that he won't try to protect any of his buddies that are riding our gravy train.

HoopsDawg
12-27-2017, 12:16 AM
Getsy played for Joe.

Shoop is the only coach I'm nervous about, but 2 years ago I would have considered him a homerun.

Spiderman
12-27-2017, 12:16 AM

QB- Breiner- probably the most likely, but we do need someone that knows the offense.
RB- Huff- coached with Joe for a couple of years, but is highly regarded as a recruiter.
DC/S- Shoop- Probably recommended by James Franklin but has not coached with Joe before.

Hopefully this means that he won't try to protect any of his buddies that are riding our gravy train.

Getsy played for Moorhead at Akron

Todd4State
12-27-2017, 01:21 AM
Getsy played for Joe.

Shoop is the only coach I'm nervous about, but 2 years ago I would have considered him a homerun.

Should have looked at the playing bios obviously.

Shoop doesn't worry me. Grantham had just as much if not more baggage than Shoop- Georgia fans complaining about third and Grantham and he had a major falling out with Petrino.

I think he needed to leave Tennessee- and I think he is in a much better situation than he was with a lot more talent. I like the fact that he coaches safeties- that has been one of the weakest units we have had since Dan took over. He could be hungry to prove that Tennessee was more about Butch Jones being dysfunctional than it being his defense.

Lord McBuckethead
12-27-2017, 01:36 AM
Something about TNs swagger of their players. Seemed like Jones couldn't manage expectations and characters there. JMHO. Moorhead seems less likely to let the players pull shit on and off the field. He let's the expectations be known at this outlet.

bulldawg28
12-27-2017, 06:04 AM
Something about TNs swagger of their players. Seemed like Jones couldn't manage expectations and characters there. JMHO. Moorhead seems less likely to let the players pull shit on and off the field. He let's the expectations be known at this outlet.

Jones ignited their swagger he just couldn't coach them to win.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-27-2017, 08:57 AM

Lembaku is confirmed?

BulldogDX55
12-27-2017, 09:26 AM
Lembaku is confirmed?

An official offer was announced, but neither a response nor any other offers have been announced, and that was a few weeks ago. With that information, you can safely assume that the answer was yes as soon as the NFL season comes to an end. I would expect to hear something on Sunday or Monday.

msstate7
12-27-2017, 09:43 AM
An official offer was announced, but neither a response nor any other offers have been announced, and that was a few weeks ago. With that information, you can safely assume that the answer was yes as soon as the NFL season comes to an end. I would expect to hear something on Sunday or Monday.
SF has won 4 straight and could make it 5 with the rams resting starters. Wonder if he stays if staff is not cleaned out

Leeshouldveflanked
12-27-2017, 09:45 AM
What I like is that it looks like we have a real Special Teams coach....

Ari Gold
12-27-2017, 09:46 AM
Lembaku..
my west coast source on him says dude is a very good coach . Players will love the guy . Great hire for us.
This came directly from a San Fran staffer..

Ifyouonlyknew
12-27-2017, 10:08 AM
SF has won 4 straight and could make it 5 with the rams resting starters. Wonder if he stays if staff is not cleaned out

He's a quality control guy so I doubt it matters much what the staff does.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-27-2017, 10:09 AM
Just for future reference his name is Tem Lukabu.

12-27-2017, 10:09 AM
I am personally glad we are hiring some great coaches rather than getting stuck on recruiting, and the sleaze that goes with it. Yes, recruiting is very important, but I would rather attract the kids based on our program and culture and system, rather than a bunch of slickster back slapping Baptist sleazeballing. There are enough kids in MS, AL and LA to field a good team, even if Ole Miss plucks a few dumb ones from instate.

I would have hated the Pruitt hire for this reason.

Todd4State
12-27-2017, 10:15 AM
Lembaku..
my west coast source on him says dude is a very good coach . Players will love the guy . Great hire for us.
This came directly from a San Fran staffer..

He was one of the few that Shanahan kept from the Chip Kelly regime.

preachermatt83
12-27-2017, 11:40 AM
I am personally glad we are hiring some great coaches rather than getting stuck on recruiting, and the sleaze that goes with it. Yes, recruiting is very important, but I would rather attract the kids based on our program and culture and system, rather than a bunch of slickster back slapping Baptist sleazeballing. There are enough kids in MS, AL and LA to field a good team, even if Ole Miss plucks a few dumb ones from instate.

I agree but don't be deceived, there are ATLEAST 3 or 4 elite recruiters on this staff.

BulldogDX55
12-27-2017, 12:28 PM
I agree but don't be deceived, there are ATLEAST 3 or 4 elite recruiters on this staff.

I know that Huff and Hud are lights out. Who would be the others? Not saying that the others can't be, just saying that I am not familiar. I fully expect our two young NFL coaches to be solid, and I would have to guess the fact that the two OM alum coaches know the area well should play in our favor.

AlSwearengen
12-27-2017, 02:06 PM
I know that Huff and Hud are lights out. Who would be the others? Not saying that the others can't be, just saying that I am not familiar. I fully expect our two young NFL coaches to be solid, and I would have to guess the fact that the two OM alum coaches know the area well should play in our favor.

I think Shoop is supposed to be a very good recruiter.

TrapGame
12-27-2017, 03:41 PM

Yep, we are about to see what relentless effort in recruiting really looks like.

BiscuitEater
12-27-2017, 04:00 PM
Has a strength and conditioning coach been named?

Thanks!

LC Dawg
12-27-2017, 04:44 PM
Just for future reference his name is Tem Lukabu.

We had trouble with the name Mullen so this should be brutal.

Todd4State
12-27-2017, 06:14 PM
Has a strength and conditioning coach been named?

Thanks!

Rumored to be Anthony Piroli the assistant strength coach for the Arizona Cardinals. Was the assistant strength coach at MSU in 2014.

preachermatt83
12-27-2017, 07:15 PM
Rumored to be Anthony Piroli the assistant strength coach for the Arizona Cardinals. Was the assistant strength coach at MSU in 2014.

Yup. And he's one of the best. Very innovative

maroonmania
12-27-2017, 07:34 PM
Should have looked at the playing bios obviously.

Shoop doesn't worry me. Grantham had just as much if not more baggage than Shoop- Georgia fans complaining about third and Grantham and he had a major falling out with Petrino.

I think he needed to leave Tennessee- and I think he is in a much better situation than he was with a lot more talent. I like the fact that he coaches safeties- that has been one of the weakest units we have had since Dan took over. He could be hungry to prove that Tennessee was more about Butch Jones being dysfunctional than it being his defense.

Grantham may have had his Louisville detractors but he never had a defense finish outside the Top 50 in total defense ever as a DC. He certainly never had defenses that played at the poor level that TN's defense has been at the last 2 seasons. Certainly hope that Shoop just couldn't overcome the TN culture issue but, while I'm happy with Shoop, I'm not as excited about him as I was when Grantham was coming in last year.

maroonmania
12-27-2017, 07:38 PM

Would hope to have guys that are good at both but would rather have quality coaches that can recruit at an acceptable level than have a bunch of Trooper Taylor hired gun type recruiters on the staff that really don't even belong in college coaching.