PDA

View Full Version : Sweat article on SDS

msstate7
12-23-2017, 11:41 PM
?Montez Sweat definitely made his presence felt in the SEC this season.

The Mississippi State DL had a strong year while appearing in all 12 games for the Bulldogs. According to PFF College Football, Sweat was even among the most productive edge rushers in the country this season.

Based on the PFF ratings system, Sweat recorded 41 total pressures on 203 total pass rushing snaps. He finished the season with 12 sacks and 8 QB hits, and his 16.6 pass-rush productivity rating is the second best among FBS edge defenders....?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/pff-rates-msu-dl-montez-sweat-among-nations-productive-edge-rushers/

bostondawg
12-24-2017, 12:00 AM
I remember some people (preachermatt comes to mind) saying before this season that Sweat had a chance to be a one and done. I remember thinking to myself that there was no chance. That those guys were just sunshine pumping. Boy was I wrong. And happily so.

PassInterference
12-24-2017, 12:08 AM
Anybody know what his NFL grade is? If he isn?t a top 10 pick, he should stay and try to become a top 10 pick next year.

He could no doubt come out this year. But if he can stay and get into the high first round, it would profit him incredibly.

msbulldog
12-24-2017, 05:20 AM
Anybody know what his NFL grade is? If he isn?t a top 10 pick, he should stay and try to become a top 10 pick next year.

He could no doubt come out this year. But if he can stay and get into the high first round, it would profit him incredibly.

I think they request a grade after the first of the year.