PDA

View Full Version : Want a December basketball crowd?

Coach34
12-23-2017, 06:55 PM
Play in Jackson 3-4 times per year. Will probably be 3K State fans here tonight.

msstate7
12-23-2017, 06:57 PM
Need to play a game in Tupelo and on the coast also

Dawg61
12-23-2017, 07:04 PM
Need to play a game in Tupelo and on the coast also

I wanna play in Fedex Forum vs Memphis so we can recruit Memphis East HS

msstate7
12-23-2017, 07:06 PM
I wanna play in Fedex Forum vs Memphis so we can recruit Memphis East HS

Wish we played Memphis and mtsu every year

Dawg61
12-23-2017, 07:34 PM
Wish we played Memphis and mtsu every year

Yup there's enough decent teams close to State that are top 150 RPI that we can schedule and still be 10-1 or close to it. I am not talking about scheduling Duke and Kansas either. I want wins not guaranteed loses but I want to be tested by similar resume schools as us. Only way to get better is to challenge yourself.

Todd4State
12-23-2017, 07:58 PM
Jackson, Biloxi, Memphis/Southaven, and Tupelo should all be on the schedule as neutral sites.

Liverpooldawg
12-23-2017, 10:18 PM
Play in Jackson 3-4 times per year. Will probably be 3K State fans here tonight.

I’d rather play in front of 100 in Starkville.

MCsMGs
12-23-2017, 10:43 PM
I think it would be good to schedule the games when students aren't on campus in Jackson, The coast and Tupelo and/or Memphis. This program could use a boost in fan support.

Coach34
12-23-2017, 11:29 PM
I’d rather play in front of 100 in Starkville.

why?

Todd4State
12-23-2017, 11:57 PM
I think it would be good to schedule the games when students aren't on campus in Jackson, The coast and Tupelo and/or Memphis. This program could use a boost in fan support.

I do too. And I think it would help attendance in Starkville. Our baseball team has done that for years with midweek games and I would be willing to bet that a few of those fans that go to a game in Jackson make a trip or two to Starkville during the baseball season in part because of the exposure that the team gets when the show goes on the road.

Bully13
12-24-2017, 07:35 AM
If we'd quit sucking, we'd not these threads. Play Memphis? Have you lost your 17ing mind? It'd be the 1st shutout in collage hoops history.

MetEdDawg
12-24-2017, 08:02 AM
Got to move the team around locally during this time of year. City and surrounding area don?t have enough fans to make consistently decent crowds during this time.

While kids are on break, let the team travel around. Play @ Memphis, play in Jackson a couple times, the coast once, play @UAB, take a road trip to USA, go play a Texas team on the road. Not only are those far superior opponents to the ones we?ve been playing, but we would get a lot of exposure to some of the big places in our fan base.

And those of you number crunchers it would boost the hell out of our RPI. We are currently an 11-1 team with a 75 RPI. That’s embarrassing. Switch out 4 or 5 of these garbage games against teams like North Georgia, FAMU, and UT Martin for some tougher games against road P5 or G5 type opponents. Would prepare this team to compete at a higher level a hell of a lot more than what we are doing right now.