PDA

View Full Version : What would you guys do?

Jack Lambert
12-22-2017, 09:25 PM
I am on crunches and have a temporary handicap sticker. I never park in a handicap Parking. I don't feel good about doing it. This morning I needed gas. The only pump open was way out at the furthest pump. It was raining. I parked and went into the store to pay. There was Environment Master Van parked at the closest pumps. The way he parked blocked all four pumps. I asked the lady at the counter did the guy buy gas. She said no and she said he always park there and never buys gas.

Well this evening I stopped to buy my son a Sub Way Sandwich. I parked next to a Handicap parking but did not park in the Handicap. I could have. On my way out I noticed that that same Environment Master guy coming into the sub way. I did not say anything. When I walked out I noticed that he parked his Environment Master Van in the Handicap parking spot I did not used. I got my phone out and took a photo of the van in the Handicap parking spot.

Should I let it go? Should I show the photo to the police? Should I send a email to his employer with the photo? Should I wait until Wednesday, go by that store and show him the photo and black mail his ass?

parabrave
12-22-2017, 09:35 PM
Smoke his sorry ass.

dawgoneyall
12-22-2017, 09:37 PM
I am on crunches and have a temporary handicap sticker. I never park in a handicap Parking. I don't feel good about doing it. This morning I needed gas. The only pump open was way out at the furthest pump. It was raining. I parked and went into the store to pay. There was Environment Master Van parked at the closest pumps. The way he parked blocked all four pumps. I asked the lady at the counter did the guy buy gas. She said no and she said he always park there and never buys gas.

Well this evening I stopped to buy my son a Sub Way Sandwich. I parked next to a Handicap parking but did not park in the Handicap. I could have. On my way out I noticed that that same Environment Master guy coming into the sub way. I did not say anything. When I walked out I noticed that he parked his Environment Master Van in the Handicap parking spot I did not used. I got my phone out and took a photo of the van in the Handicap parking spot.

Should I let it go? Should I show the photo to the police? Should I send a email to his employer with the photo? Should I wait until Wednesday, go by that store and show him the photo and black mail his ass?

I hate those type of people. Turn his ass in. And tell his employer you will post this picture on social media if they ignore this.

But what do I know, I even put the cart in the cart slot. (hate also those AH's who leave a cart in a parking space)

32 Dive
12-22-2017, 09:38 PM
Have fun with it. It's the night before Festivus!

No BS Dawg
12-22-2017, 09:53 PM
Ring his ass up in any and every way possible. Folks like that piss me off. A non-handicap person parking in a handicap spot is one of my class A pet peeves.

Todd4State
12-22-2017, 09:59 PM
I'll tell you one thing not to do:

Don't go up to him and just chew him out. That happened one time at the grocery store to one of my Mom's friends at church who has a son who is handicapped and is wheelchair bound. The person who was doing the chewing obviously didn't realize the situation until my Mom's friend opened up the van door and it became very obvious that her reason for parking in a handicapped space was indeed legit. I'm pretty sure that person was an Ole Miss fan.

Dawgology
12-22-2017, 10:02 PM
Burn him. People that do that are sorry human beings.

RocketDawg
12-22-2017, 10:06 PM
Any chance he was legitimately parking there?

shannondawg
12-22-2017, 10:08 PM
One day at Walmart , I saw a Mercedes sports coupe with an ole miss sticker parked in one with out a sticker, I took a picture of it and wait patiently until the asshole came out of the store. It was a blue haired old lady with a cane. Ruined my day

Jack Lambert
12-22-2017, 10:10 PM
Any chance he was legitimately parking there?

He's a air condition repair man. I saw him up walking on both feet normal as normal could be. He looked perfectly healthy to me.

I think he is just a lazy ass hole who doesn't understan he is representing his company while using that van.

starkvegasdawg
12-22-2017, 10:30 PM
Burn him to the ground.

GreenheadDawg
12-22-2017, 10:47 PM
I Say go for the throat. People like that deserve it

yjnkdawg
12-22-2017, 11:09 PM
If he was in need of a handicap sticker he sure wouldn't have been in an Environment Master's van on the job. It sounds like that was just more convenient for him, and he was lazy and inconsiderate, and could care less of those who actually qualified and deserved that parking space.. I can't stand those types either.

Bdawg
12-22-2017, 11:11 PM
Burn him since he has no respect for others. Also, if you have seen 2 instances that quick, then it must be a normal thing for him to do.

Howboutdemdogs
12-22-2017, 11:29 PM
I say whoop his ass, put him in the hospital, cripple him so as he has to be walk with a cane forever,,,,,,,,and make an honest man of him *****.

Then,,,,,,let it go. Be a better person than I am,,,, I would whoop his ass.

TUSK
12-23-2017, 12:09 AM

Collect Footlong sammiches until he stops.

Quaoarsking
12-23-2017, 12:23 AM
I'll tell you one thing not to do:

Don't go up to him and just chew him out. That happened one time at the grocery store to one of my Mom's friends at church who has a son who is handicapped and is wheelchair bound. The person who was doing the chewing obviously didn't realize the situation until my Mom's friend opened up the van door and it became very obvious that her reason for parking in a handicapped space was indeed legit. I'm pretty sure that person was an Ole Miss fan.

This. My dad got a lot of dirty looks parking in handicapped when he had lung cancer because people didn't realize from looking at him that he couldn't make it 50 yards without having to stop and rest.

Now from your story I agree that the guy's probably an asshole, but you never know.

Commercecomet24
12-23-2017, 12:30 AM
I hate those type of people. Turn his ass in. And tell his employer you will post this picture on social media if they ignore this.

But what do I know, I even put the cart in the cart slot. (hate also those AH's who leave a cart in a parking space)

Thank you! Me and you both! One of the laziest sorriest things in the world not to put the cart in the corral. And the people not walking them to the corral can surely use that excercise.

I deal with the elderly a lot in my business and it pisses me off to no end to see able bodied people parking in handicap spaces. A lot of these folks struggle to just get out of the bed and then you have idiots that park in those spaces. Turn em in, Jack! Bust em!

TaleofTwoDogs
12-23-2017, 01:54 AM
I injured my right calf a while back and was given a temporary placard for my car. To look at me I look healthy but my calf hurts like a muth'r so I use handicap parking. But I don't abuse it and will only park there if there are plenty of HC spaces available. There are a lot of different medical conditions that the use of HC parking is justified but may not be apparent to the observer. Of course, there are plenty of arse holes out there also that will abuse the privilege just be careful when you blow the whistle.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-23-2017, 07:09 AM
My son spent several years in wheelchairs. We rarely parked in the handicap spots when I was with him because I could handle him easily and we wanted to save the handicap spots for folks who needed them much worse than we did. But you would be surprised at the folks in their workout clothes who park in them because they were only going to run in a place for a quick minute.

DawgInMemphis
12-23-2017, 07:34 AM
Don't make any assumptions. Have a conversation with him. Once you understand his situation, respond accordingly.

RocketDawg
12-23-2017, 08:09 AM
If he was in need of a handicap sticker he sure wouldn't have been in an Environment Master's van on the job. It sounds like that was just more convenient for him, and he was lazy and inconsiderate, and could care less of those who actually qualified and deserved that parking space.. I can't stand those types either.

I agree that it sounds like that's the case, but you can't always tell just by looking. Someone may get out of a car without a limp, but have a heart condition, or a back condition, that prevents them from walking more than a couple hundred feet. More likely, he was being a jerk. I've also known family members of a legitimately handicapped person who use that person's "privilege" when the person's not with them. Doing that is illegal, but often done anyway.

Dawgface
12-23-2017, 08:41 AM
Email it to his employer. If he had a legit reason to park there it won't get him in trouble. If not.....

MagicDawg
12-23-2017, 08:44 AM
Even closer than the handicapped is the striped-off "end cap" of the row, or the marked "no parking" fire lane at the curb. In the last 24 hours I have seen cars - with and without people sitting in them - stopped in those places. People for whom the rules of others simply do not apply when their comfort or convenience is at stake.

Yeah, I'm looking at you, Oprah camped out in the fire lane. Yeah, I'm looking at you, unmanned white Mercedes parked in the end cap. Y'all suck and I hope you get a bag of switches for Christmas.

bulldogcountry1
12-23-2017, 09:15 AM
I'm a regular visitor of Disney World, so I've conditioned myself not to try to worry with whether or not people who take advantage of handicapped services are actually handicapped. I feel I'm much better off just letting it go.

Now, these people who park at the front door of a business in the fire lane or across 3-4 spaces should be beaten with a rubber hose.

Bama_Dawg
12-23-2017, 09:45 AM
Email it to his employer. If he had a legit reason to park there it won't get him in trouble. If not.....

YEP, THIS. If he doesn't own the company, and their aren't 17-heads, they will fix the problem for you. If it continues, politely do it again and say that if this is not stopped you will ensure that you or your friends and other companies that need their services will go another route.

Bdawg
12-23-2017, 10:28 AM

This is the best. Go over his head. If he’s legit, no trouble. But being in a work van leads me in the other direction.

WSOPdawg
12-23-2017, 11:01 AM

Yep, definitely the best option but attach your photos.

TXDawg
12-23-2017, 11:11 AM

This. Let his boss handle the problem and if he doesn’t, out the business on social media.

Biguglyjoe
12-23-2017, 11:49 AM
I'd at the least make the employer aware of it.

Commercecomet24
12-23-2017, 12:20 PM
If anyone no matter of age or appearance has a handicap placard they absolutely have a right to park in the handicap space. No placard and not handicapped and park there you are taking away a space for someone who could really use it, and deserve any consequences that come your way.

Mimi's Babies
12-23-2017, 12:32 PM
As he is a representative of the company he is employed... I would send the photo along with a letter/email to the owner of the company and the HR department. Since he is working, evidently, he has been medically cleared for employment if not them he would not be in a business owned vehicle... Include the fact the person at the gas pumps stated that he does this regularly.... The owner could get the video tapes of the issue.... if needed.

by blocking the pumps and parking illegally he is bring a disgrace upon his company... Would the boss be upset, oh yes.... Because it is a disgrace to HIS business.... Go get him

KB549
12-23-2017, 12:35 PM
I had a coworker (Korean) who got rear ended in Atlanta. (Insert joke here). It was probably his fault. (Not implying all Asian drivers are bad, snowflakes....I?ve ridden around with him. He?s a bad driver.)

Anyway, it actually jacked up his neck pretty bad to the point of having to have surgery. He had a temporary tag. He got around just fine. He would park in a handicap space even if there was a regular space open right next to it. Really pissed me off when he would do this at places where there was only one or two handicap spaces (like a hotel.)

I wrote it off as he ?wasn?t from ?round here? and didn?t know any better. He acted like it was akin to ?employee of the month? parking. He?s also the jackass that drives 72 in the left lane when the right lane is going 78 and people are continually passing him. Oblivious.

yjnkdawg
12-23-2017, 01:02 PM
As he is a representative of the company he is employed... I would send the photo along with a letter/email to the owner of the company and the HR department. Since he is working, evidently, he has been medically cleared for employment if not them he would not be in a business owned vehicle... Include the fact the person at the gas pumps stated that he does this regularly.... The owner could get the video tapes of the issue.... if needed.

by blocking the pumps and parking illegally he is bring a disgrace upon his company... Would the boss be upset, oh yes.... Because it is a disgrace to HIS business.... Go get him

Exactly! Similar to what I posted earlier. If he needed that assistance, then how would he be able to work on heating and cooling units, especially those in an attic? My opinion is that he is just lazy and inconsiderate of others, but only his boss would know the whole story.