PDA

View Full Version : 4 Wrs added to the depth.

Coach007
12-20-2017, 12:51 PM
We are going to be special next year.

Let's look at this.:

TE:

Green
Johnson
Jones(you gonna hear about him)
Roberson
Warren

This is THE best TE group in the nation! PERIOD!

Then look at the WRs:

Couch
Dear
Jackson (tremendous growth this season)
Mitchell
Mixon
Todd

There are bright spots here. When you add Whop, Guidry, Heath.... You have a GREAT WR corp.

Here is the best way to describe it... This group (TEs and WRs) could make a bad QB look great.

Political Hack
12-20-2017, 01:22 PM
Fitz has to get more comfortable setting his feet inside the pocket and throwing the deep ball. Also, going to need to be more consistent with his spots throwing the short outs. There’s some things that JoMo’s offense is going to demand that he hasn’t had to really do yet. Good thing is he probably won’t be working on running a lot in the spring as he recovers so he’s got time to work on his accuracy.

I agree though... we’ll go as far as our QB will take us. That and how well the defense responds to the new DC are the keys to next season.

Coach007
12-20-2017, 01:31 PM
Fitz has to get more comfortable setting his feet inside the pocket and throwing the deep ball. Also, going to need to be more consistent with his spots throwing the short outs. There’s some things that JoMo’s offense is going to demand that he hasn’t had to really do yet. Good thing is he probably won’t be working on running a lot in the spring as he recovers so he’s got time to work on his accuracy.

I agree though... we’ll go as far as our QB will take us. That and how well the defense responds to the new DC are the keys to next season.

He has not really had a threat to throw 2 down field. I think we have solved that problem.

I looked at the passing game at PSU and here is a great note... Their TOP receiver is their TE. 51 catches. THAT is very promising for this group.

And it will be all for nothing if our D drops out of the top 10.

Sacrifice
12-20-2017, 01:34 PM
He has not really had a threat to throw 2 down field. I think we have solved that problem.

I looked at the passing game at PSU and here is a great note... Their TOP receiver is their TE. 51 catches. THAT is very promising for this group.

And it will be all for nothing if our D drops out of the top 10.

No doubt, it will be nice to have a rec that can actually separate from a db.

Johnson85
12-20-2017, 02:38 PM
We are going to be special next year.

Let's look at this.:

TE:

Green
Johnson
Jones(you gonna hear about him)
Roberson
Warren

This is THE best TE group in the nation! PERIOD!

Then look at the WRs:

Couch
Dear
Jackson (tremendous growth this season)
Mitchell
Mixon
Todd

There are bright spots here. When you add Whop, Guidry, Heath.... You have a GREAT WR corp.

Here is the best way to describe it... This group (TEs and WRs) could make a bad QB look great.

You can't have a great WR corp without a great wide receiver. We have some really solid pieces, but unless one of teh new guys is ready on day one to win 50/50 balls at a much higher rate than 50/50 while also being sure handed on teh routine catches, we aren't going to have a great WR corp.

Same thing for TEs. One TE that is a major threat is better than a corp of solid TEs. Which one of our TEs is a major weapon? We seem to have a really solid group at TE, but I wasn't aware of any of them being game changers.

ScreenCaptureThis
12-20-2017, 02:57 PM
You can't have a great WR corp without a great wide receiver. We have some really solid pieces, but unless one of teh new guys is ready on day one to win 50/50 balls at a much higher rate than 50/50 while also being sure handed on teh routine catches, we aren't going to have a great WR corp.

Same thing for TEs. One TE that is a major threat is better than a corp of solid TEs. Which one of our TEs is a major weapon? We seem to have a really solid group at TE, but I wasn't aware of any of them being game changers.

You really can't have a great WR without having a great WR Corp. If you have one phenom playing WR and a weak supporting cast, teams double the great one and man-up on the others without fear. When you have a good group of WRs, the elite will come from within. The surrounding pieces will ensure the DBs can't double just one, and an elite WR will emerge, in theory.

Maroonthirteen
12-20-2017, 03:16 PM
Can a couple of those TEs bulk up to OTs?