PDA

View Full Version : Need someone knowledgeable on cigars...

TimberBeast
12-20-2017, 10:52 AM
Trying to get my boss a decent / nice maduro type cigar for Christmas. My cigar knowledge is novice for sure so I don't know what to get. He has been smoking cigars for many years and the only thing I know is that he prefers a maduro type. Trying to stick to around $25 or $30. Thanks for any advice.

BeardoMSU
12-20-2017, 12:00 PM
I really like AVO, Cohiba, Padron, and Aging Room, to name a few. ACID makes some interesting sticks too.

You can get some pretty awesome deals at https://www.thompsoncigar.com/

Bully13
12-21-2017, 10:50 PM
I smoke cigars on a regular basis but I'm anal about what I smoke. to date, I can't find a cigar that gives me the amount of pleasure a H-Upmann vintage cameroon wrap. the wrap plays a critical role in how a cigar draws and tastes. I take lite draws and no smoke leaves my mouth, just my nose.

wish I could find my brand of Upmann on line instead of driving 20 minutes to get what I like.

Howboutdemdogs
12-22-2017, 01:04 PM
Just like Bully, I'm not picky. The only thing I require is fresh,,,,no dried smokes. If you buy local, roll it between your fingers and it should not make a sound.

Bully13
12-23-2017, 12:31 PM
Just like Bully, I'm not picky. The only thing I require is fresh,,,,no dried smokes. If you buy local, roll it between your fingers and it should not make a sound.

actually demdogs, I'm VERY picky. I require a very NON dried and tight roll. Cameroon wraps are important to me. I take light draws and no smoke comes from my mouth, only my nose. the H-Upmanns provide a cool taste , not hot or smoky.

H-Upmann, Vintage Cameroon wrap. can't go wrong.