PDA

View Full Version : Drama At Calloway

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2017, 10:51 AM
According to Paul Jones, James Williams? mom signed scholarship papers with MSU last night and James signed with Ole Miss today but his mom did not sign off.

Is it me or does this happen more with OM than any other school? Lol

TrapGame
12-20-2017, 10:51 AM
The plot thickens.

Commercecomet24
12-20-2017, 10:53 AM
Wow. Smh

msstate7
12-20-2017, 10:53 AM
If he does not want to be here, I do not want him

HoopsDawg
12-20-2017, 10:54 AM
can someone find the post that Yancy made a couple of months ago where he said that Williams had off the field issues and wasn't that good on the field? It will be funny to watch him spin today.

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2017, 10:55 AM
If he does not want to be here, I do not want him

Agree to a certain extent.

Just find it intriguing how these sorts of things keep happening with Ole Miss

Cooterpoot
12-20-2017, 10:55 AM
Williams is the kid they claimed visited and his coach came out and said it was a lie too.

I seen it dawg
12-20-2017, 10:56 AM
Be hilarious they **** the paperwork up for their big flip.

Tbonewannabe
12-20-2017, 10:57 AM
Mom has integrity. 17 year olds can be tricked with women and a good time, I don't hold it against the kid. I can't say what I would do if a school like UM was trying to get me to sign. I would hope that I would do the right thing and turn it down but women do strange things to mens' cognitive abilities.

missouridawg
12-20-2017, 11:08 AM
According to Paul Jones, James Williams? mom signed scholarship papers with MSU last night and James signed with Ole Miss today but his mom did not sign off.

Is it me or does this happen more with OM than any other school? Lol

The previous instances like this were kind of reversed.... where the parents signed the NLI to OM but the kid wanted elsewhere. There was a DB in NOLA who went to aTm that had this happen.

Cooterpoot
12-20-2017, 11:11 AM
You guys can say what you want about the way OM recruits. Until we do the same as what the rest are doing and put into it what the rest do, it's status quo for us.

Political Hack
12-20-2017, 11:15 AM
You guys can say what you want about the way OM recruits. Until we do the same as what the rest are doing and put into it what the rest do, it's status quo for us.

Unless we pick it up we’d better be prepared to eat a big ole crap sammich next year. They’re going to throw crazy money around.

Political Hack
12-20-2017, 11:16 AM
Oh, and send that kid somewhere else. He doesn’t deserve to wear maroon. He didnt just flip on State. He flipped on his momma. DO NOT WANT.

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2017, 11:17 AM
Unless we pick it up we’d better be prepared to eat a big ole crap sammich next year. They’re going to throw crazy money around.

Yes and according to the NCAA it’s legal

DogsofAnarchy
12-20-2017, 11:22 AM

There is NOTHING status quo about this class. This class is going to end GREAT. Some of our fans need to get out of their feelings of torn loyalties.

Bully13
12-20-2017, 11:24 AM
Does his mamma know the phone # up in Indy?

Cooterpoot
12-20-2017, 11:42 AM
There is NOTHING status quo about this class. This class is going to end GREAT. Some of our fans need to get out of their feelings of torn loyalties.

We failed to address a lot of needs. We had a great WR class and some nice players, but we whiffed at OL for the 2nd year in a row minus Dolla. Looks like we waited too late on the new recruit too. Lost Bleich. Hall didn't sign. We didn't address our CB issues either really. I mean, we're currently at 5th in our division in recruiting. OM is only 10 spots back. Thank goodness for Arkansas.
We've got to be better if we want to win big. The NCAA is done penalizing programs. It's time to do something different.

CarolinaDawgs
12-20-2017, 11:49 AM
There is another signing day in Feb, but by the looks of this you’d think there wasn’t. Melt in Feb.

maroonmania
12-20-2017, 11:50 AM
We failed to address a lot of needs. We had a great WR class and some nice players, but we whiffed at OL for the 2nd year in a row minus Dolla. Looks like we waited too late on the new recruit too. Lost Bleich. Hall didn't sign. We didn't address our CB issues either really. I mean, we're currently at 5th in our division in recruiting. OM is only 10 spots back. Thank goodness for Arkansas.
We've got to be better if we want to win big. The NCAA is done penalizing programs. It's time to do something different.

If you think about it the NCAA hasn't given any stiff penalties to a school for recruiting violations in a long, long time. They really don't care that much about it. I am surprised they didn't hit OM harder due to some of the academic fraud involved. We only get in trouble as much as we do with the NCAA because we admit to everything and basically give them everything they need to punish us. We make ourselves an easy target. OM just showed that if you don't cooperate and fight everything you come out better off. Others have shown that as well.

Bubb Rubb
12-20-2017, 11:51 AM

This whole "time to start cheating because the NCAA isn't going to do anything" notion is stupid. The only thing worse than ole miss getting a slap on the wrist is us getting hammered a couple of years later.

We are having a great day today. We are going to be fine. Folks need to back away from the ledge.

Political Hack
12-20-2017, 11:51 AM
If you think about it the NCAA hasn't given any stiff penalties to a school for recruiting violations in a long, long time. They really don't care that much about it. I am surprised they didn't hit OM harder due to some of the academic fraud involved. We only get in trouble as much as we do with the NCAA because we admit to everything and basically give them everything they need to punish us. We make ourselves an easy target. OM just showed that if you don't cooperate and fight everything you come out better off. Others have shown that as well.

Yep.

Cooterpoot
12-20-2017, 11:53 AM
This whole "time to start cheating because the NCAA isn't going to do anything" notion is stupid. The only thing worse than ole miss getting a slap on the wrist is us getting hammered a couple of years later.

We are having a great day today. We are going to be fine. Folks need to back away from the ledge.

You scared? Say you scared. I'm not. The NCAA is done. They don't even want to fool with penalties anymore. It's been proven if you lawyer-up, you get nothing.

CarolinaDawgs
12-20-2017, 11:58 AM
You scared? Say you scared. I'm not. The NCAA is done. They don't even want to fool with penalties anymore. It's been proven if you lawyer-up, you get nothing.

You dumb? Say you dumb. This mentality is exactly what got those idiots a 2 year bowl ban.

Political Hack
12-20-2017, 12:00 PM
You dumb? Say you dumb. This mentality is exactly what got those idiots a 2 year bowl ban.

It also got them two Sugar Bowls.

Jack Lambert
12-20-2017, 12:02 PM

Today is only the first of three days and there is another day in February. So is it over?

drummerdawg
12-20-2017, 12:03 PM

Two?

maroonmania
12-20-2017, 12:05 PM

Not seeing anyone on the ledge. Will say that the biggest thing we have to worry about if we are caught cheating is not the NCAA, its Bracky Brett.

Bubb Rubb
12-20-2017, 12:07 PM

One that I recall, and they will vacate. I know the prevailing thought here is to play the game but it's not wise. It's especially precarious right now. It's not worth it.

DudyDawg
12-20-2017, 12:11 PM
One that I recall, and they will vacate. I know the prevailing thought here is to play the game but it's not wise. It's especially precarious right now. It's not worth it.

Just saying, vacating wins literally means nothing.

maroonmania
12-20-2017, 12:17 PM
Today is only the first of three days and there is another day in February. So is it over?

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No, and its not over today!*****

TrapGame
12-20-2017, 12:17 PM
OM had a lot of help from the in-state fan media keeping everything under wraps. We will not have that luxury. The media-fans will come after State tooth and nail if the NCAA even sniffs the cheese around Starkville.

Political Hack
12-20-2017, 12:18 PM

Yeah. Brain fart. I think I had flashbacks to Nutt bragging about cotton bowls. Fitty years! Fitty!

Cooterpoot
12-20-2017, 12:18 PM
Not seeing anyone on the ledge. Will say that the biggest thing we have to worry about if we are caught cheating is not the NCAA, its Bracky Brett.

Yep. Most schools work to cover up. We give ourselves up. But we'll always have fans that are happy losing. We're like the damn Cubs.

Bubb Rubb
12-20-2017, 12:21 PM
Yep. Most schools work to cover up. We give ourselves up. But we'll always have fans that are happy losing. We're like the damn Cubs.

Nobody's happy with losing. But we don't have to mortgage the future to win, either.

Political Hack
12-20-2017, 12:22 PM
I also tend to agree that we shouldn’t go overboard but Ole Miss giving the NCAA a big “F U” and their obvious continued antics put us in a losing position in recruiting battles. IF the NCAA won’t do its job and protect amateurism, we have no choice if we want to compete. I know people probably don’t think this about me personally, but I think pay for play is an awful idea. It creates a situation where inmates are running the asylum. That can’t happen.

12-20-2017, 12:23 PM
Two?

He probably meant 2 Big 6 bowls (though I'm sure they wished they hadn't made the 2014 Peach Bowl).

Liverpooldawg
12-20-2017, 12:26 PM
That attitude is SO Ole Miss. They got hammered, just not as bad as we wanted.

maroonmania
12-20-2017, 12:29 PM

Hammered, at least to me, means your program is severely crippled. Bowl bans and vacated wins don't do that. Scholarship reductions DO which they got very little of.

Cooterpoot
12-20-2017, 12:29 PM

You're a fool if you think they got hammered. They're right behind us in recruiting THIS year.

HoopsDawg
12-20-2017, 12:33 PM

We are self-imposing a 5 scholarship ban this year. Ole Miss is only losing 3. You are a fool if you think they got hammered.

basedog
12-20-2017, 12:36 PM

So you are impressed with OM and their cheating? What the hell makes you think they do such a great job cheating? How many West titles and SEC Championships have they won recently?

Oh, when the hat is passed around I wonder how much you will be willing to contribute to the fund and make Msu a better football program? Don't think our Prez and AD agree with what you are thinking, me neither, just saying.

P.S. I have not a clue who James Williams is as for as a difference maker but I sure as hell ain't gonna go to nuts over losing him.

Liverpooldawg
12-20-2017, 12:37 PM
I also tend to agree that we shouldn’t go overboard but Ole Miss giving the NCAA a big “F U” and their obvious continued antics put us in a losing position in recruiting battles. IF the NCAA won’t do its job and protect amateurism, we have no choice if we want to compete. I know people probably don’t think this about me personally, but I think pay for play is an awful idea. It creates a situation where inmates are running the asylum. That can’t happen.

Why don't we wait till they are done with their repeat offender window before we go overboard, even a little. Y'all are also forgetting that we aren't done with ours yet.

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2017, 12:39 PM
Rosebowl says that Williams sent MSU a screen shot of his signed MSU LOI but never faxed it.

Really odd story.

Seems like OM may have attempted to play a game in hopes that it would get MSU mad and help flip Heath.

MadDawg
12-20-2017, 12:40 PM
You dumb? Say you dumb. This mentality is exactly what got those idiots a ONE year bowl ban.

FIFY

Cooterpoot
12-20-2017, 12:40 PM
So you are impressed with OM and their cheating? What the hell makes you think they do such a great job cheating? How many West titles and SEC Championships have they won recently?

Oh, when the hat is passed around I wonder how much you will be willing to contribute to the fund and make Msu a better football program? Don't think our Prez and AD agree with what you are thinking, me neither, just saying.

P.S. I have not a clue who James Williams is as for as a difference maker but I sure as hell ain't gonna go to nuts over losing him.

How many have we won. How many times have we lost to them since they started the full out cheating? Does it matter if we finish in 5th place and them in 6th if we lose to them? And I'm not just talking about OM. We aren't winning the SEC with recruiting classes in the 25 range. Hell, Vandy is within shouting distance of us this year.

Cooterpoot
12-20-2017, 12:41 PM
Why don't we wait till they are done with their repeat offender window before we go overboard, even a little. Y'all are also forgetting that we aren't done with ours yet.

We're done in 6 months. Then let it roll!

Jack Lambert
12-20-2017, 12:42 PM
How many have we won. How many times have we lost to them since they started the full out cheating? Does it matter if we finish in 5th place and them in 6th if we lose to them? And I'm not just talking about OM. We aren't winning the SEC with recruiting classes in the 25 range. Hell, Vandy is within shouting distance of us this year.

We Damn near won it with classes in the 30's a few years ago.

Liverpooldawg
12-20-2017, 12:43 PM

We CAN'T cheat like they do. Some of you can't get that through your skulls. The Mississippi media is all over us if they even get a sniff of us cheating. They work to bring us down just as hard as they work to keep UM propped up. It sucks but it is FACT.

Liverpooldawg
12-20-2017, 12:44 PM
We're done in 6 months. Then let it roll!

See my other post. if that's what you want you do not have MSU's best interests at heart. We CAN'T.

basedog
12-20-2017, 12:44 PM

Hey man, you are looking back and not ahead, DM helped evaluate our program, now we have a new Sheriff in town and really it isn't even his recruiting class. Stop all this madness as next year just might be the year we win the west.

Coursesuper
12-20-2017, 12:45 PM
We CAN'T cheat like they do. Some of you can't get that through your skulls. The Mississippi media is all over us if they even get a sniff of us cheating. They work to bring us down just as hard as they work to keep UM propped up. It sucks but it is FACT.

This is a FACT!

Political Hack
12-20-2017, 12:47 PM

Agree with that. I thought ours ended already?

I assume theirs will somehow end before ours considering the severity of our infractions and how unfair their staff were? Brackey add a few years for good measure?

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-20-2017, 12:50 PM
Agree with that. I thought ours ended already?

I assume theirs will somehow end before ours considering the severity of our infractions and how unfair their staff were? Brackey add a few years for good measure?

Our probation ended in 2015.

HoopsDawg
12-20-2017, 12:51 PM
We addressed our WR position, that is huge. Championship teams are built inside out though and we have to build our offensive line. We have a good group of starters returning. But this year, we missed on Cole Smith, Carvin, Bleich, and Mcdowell hasn't signed. We only signed 1 next year. This is going to haunt us in 3 years much like WR did this year if we can't go out and find a couple of guys.

D-line is going to be stout next year, but we are losing some guys after next season. Probably 3 to the NFL. We need to sign Lovett and we better hit big in the next class.

Dawgology
12-20-2017, 12:51 PM
Rosebowl says that Williams sent MSU a screen shot of his signed MSU LOI but never faxed it.

Really odd story.

Seems like OM may have attempted to play a game in hopes that it would get MSU mad and help flip Heath.

This should be made public knowledge cause it is really weird....

Coach007
12-20-2017, 12:53 PM
Never seen such a melt over 1 guy who couldn't even make it to the all star game.

1 guy and the sky has fallen!

Liverpooldawg
12-20-2017, 12:54 PM

Repeat offender for us ends this coming June. It lasts longer than the probation.

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2017, 12:54 PM
We addressed our WR position, that is huge. Championship teams are built inside out though and we have to build our offensive line. We have a good group of starters returning. But this year, we missed on Cole Smith, Carvin, Bleich, and Mcdowell hasn't signed. We only signed 1 next year. This is going to haunt us in 3 years much like WR did this year if we can't go out and find a couple of guys.

D-line is going to be stout next year, but we are losing some guys after next season. Probably 3 to the NFL. We need to sign Lovett and we better hit big in the next class.

Agree but a few things to add

- I’m glad Rivers and Autry redshirted

- Signing Elite WRs shorten the field and allow more big plays. Makes having elite OL less necessary

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2017, 12:55 PM
Never seen such a melt over 1 guy who couldn't even make it to the all star game.

1 guy and the sky has fallen!

Not melting. For me he’s a lot like the Columbus kid last year.

Just an odd, interesting story.

Political Hack
12-20-2017, 12:57 PM

Yeah. I thought it had been over with. Somenpeople listening to OM fans stupidity talking about us still being in repeat offender status.

Commercecomet24
12-20-2017, 12:59 PM
Hey man, you are looking back and not ahead, DM helped evaluate our program, now we have a new Sheriff in town and really it isn't even his recruiting class. Stop all this madness as next year just might be the year we win the west.

Absolutely the right perspective. Great post!

Spiderman
12-20-2017, 01:08 PM
Wonder what the HC of Callaway BB, former Rebel, was doing at a certain some ones house late last night?

And word is OM is needing a transcript today on a certain someone because the OM coaches were so sure they would sign that someone that they had never asked for one.

Also a certain someone had to have a picture of himself in his HS uniform in the OM release because they were so sure he would sign, yet they didn't have time to photoshop a Rebel uniform on him. Why would it have to be photoshopped?

Maybe because he never visited there.

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2017, 01:16 PM
Wonder what the HC of Callaway BB, former Rebel, was doing at a certain some ones house late last night?

And word is OM is needing a transcript today on a certain someone because the OM coaches were so sure they would sign that someone that they had never asked for one.

Also a certain someone had to have a picture of himself in his HS uniform in the OM release because they were so sure he would sign, yet they didn't have time to photoshop a Rebel uniform on him. Why would it have to be photoshopped?

From my unscientific observations over the years, these kids don’t pan out.

They are typically too flaky and undisciplined to reach their potential.

Odd story though.

Really Clark?
12-20-2017, 01:19 PM
Yeah. I thought it had been over with. Somenpeople listening to OM fans stupidity talking about us still being in repeat offender status.

The repeat offender clock starts when the NCAA releases its report, which for us was June 2013. It goes for 5 years beginning on that date.

Political Hack
12-20-2017, 01:28 PM
The repeat offender clock starts when the NCAA releases its report, which for us was June 2013. It goes for 5 years beginning on that date.

I knew we should’ve grabbed a few more kids in May 2013.

Political Hack
12-20-2017, 01:28 PM

Brutal.

Turfdawg67
12-20-2017, 02:22 PM

Sugar Bowls lost their luster when the SEC Champ stopped automatically going there. Yawn, means about as much as the Orange Bowl and we went there without all the cheating.

Mimi's Babies
12-20-2017, 02:31 PM
Not melting. For me he?s a lot like the Columbus kid last year.

Just an odd, interesting story.

Someone needs to look into this story... PROMISE it is very interesting... Check the text messages.

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2017, 02:36 PM
Someone needs to look into this story... PROMISE it is very interesting... Check the text messages.

Meh. I just don’t see a record of these types of kids panning out.

I realize that may sound like sour grapes but Williams’ character and ability to handle pressure wasn’t displayed until today. Today revealed it and the track record of these kids is poor. Probably a blessing we didn’t get him.

notsofarawaydawg
12-20-2017, 03:49 PM

Really odd story.

Sounds like the fiasco Luke and New Hope Landsharte fan Steve Ruth pulled last year with the hat toss. We see how that worked out for those New Hope Landsharte fans. Recruit steals 10 weapons from Ruth after signing day.

confucius say
12-20-2017, 03:53 PM
Hammered, at least to me, means your program is severely crippled. Bowl bans and vacated wins don't do that. Scholarship reductions DO which they got very little of.

How about being a 5-7, 6-6 program now, and for the next three years, after being a 9-3 team in 2014 and 2015? That's the route some people on here are saying we should take. SMH.

HoopsDawg
12-20-2017, 04:08 PM

What the f are you saying. Just speak in plain english.

Homedawg
12-20-2017, 04:12 PM

He pretty much did.

HoopsDawg
12-20-2017, 04:19 PM
He pretty much did.

too many threads to try and decipher what he is saying. he used "certain someone" 4 times and never used anyone's name in the post.

Mimi's Babies
12-20-2017, 04:49 PM

Was this HC the High School HC of Football or Basketball???? Or was an OM coach present?

gravedigger
12-20-2017, 04:56 PM

I?ll say this, if we have to do what you are saying I?d just assume lose. Cheating to win the way those assclowns went about it isn?t really winning. It?s appearing to win. It?s why they only sport a championship awarded from dunken-Hines during the pre civil rights era.

If that is what you aspire to, there are plenty of teams you can follow to get it. If that?s the only way we can, I can live with not following football.

Dawgology
12-20-2017, 04:59 PM
I?ll say this, if we have to do what you are saying I?d just assume lose. Cheating to win the way those assclowns went about it isn?t really winning. It?s appearing to win. It?s why they only sport a championship awarded from dunken-Hines during the pre civil rights era.

If that is what you aspire to, there are plenty of teams you can follow to get it. If that?s the only way we can, I can live with not following football.

If absolutely everyone does it then is it really cheating?

Dawgology
12-20-2017, 05:03 PM

I shouldn't have to clear this up for you but since I need to explain, he said "a certain SOMEONE did a certain SOMETHING at a certain TIME for another certain SOMEONE at a certain PLACE". Seems clear as mud to me. **

Ari Gold
12-20-2017, 05:05 PM
Bottom line on this deal
Saying it's shady as **** is an understatement.
And this isn't the first rodeo that's OM has done this
DL from La Godchaux (sp) that at ended up at Lsu anyway
DB from fla DJ Law that was on his way to Utah but ended up juco at emcc

So best of luck in juco JW .. you will prob have to mend some fences to get back in the fold here in 2 years ..

Percho
12-20-2017, 05:06 PM
Sounds like the fiasco Luke and New Hope Landsharte fan Steve Ruth pulled last year with the hat toss. We see how that worked out for those New Hope Landsharte fans. Recruit steals 10 weapons from Ruth after signing day.

i wonder if the NCAA even bothered with that weird turn of events?

gravedigger
12-20-2017, 05:06 PM

Without equivocation.....yes

shoeless joe
12-20-2017, 05:07 PM
I saw all I needed to see in regards to callaway football in the playoffs...that unfortunately included Heath. But I do know that several shark fans that are "in the know" were pretty confident that heath was signing with them today.

FYI: David sanders is the head basketball coach there. He was part of the provine posse that went to ole miss together

Spiderman
12-20-2017, 05:14 PM
Was this HC the High School HC of Football or Basketball???? Or was an OM coach present?

The HS head basketball coach who played at Ole Miss

confucius say
12-20-2017, 05:39 PM

Yes. It absolutely is.

And not everybody does that. There's a difference in looking at another woman and thinking she's cute vs cheating on your wife by banging ten other women.

Spiderman
12-20-2017, 05:43 PM
Yes. It absolutely is.

And not everybody does that. There's a difference in looking at another woman and thinking she's cute vs cheating on your wife by banging ten other women.

Yep, best analogy I heard was everybody drives 62 in a 55 mph zone, not 80-90.

Or in OM's case under Freeze, 110mph, flipping off the trooper on the side of the road, and throwing a beer can at him.

Gutter Cobreh
12-20-2017, 05:49 PM

Or in OM's case under Freeze, 110mph, flipping off the trooper on the side of the road, and throwing a hooker's stiletto at him.

FIFY

redstickdawg
12-20-2017, 05:53 PM

Or in OM's case under Freeze, 110mph, flipping off the trooper on the side of the road, and throwing a beer can at him.

they get stopped by the trooper and get a friendly warning. That was the ncaa and their total lack of guts. It is the wild west guys and we had better understand or get run over.

Spiderman
12-20-2017, 06:01 PM
they get stopped by the trooper and get a friendly warning. That was the ncaa and their total lack of guts. It is the wild west guys and we had better understand or get run over.

Actually the trooper hauled them into court to face the judge.

Scruggs must bribed that judge too, because he let em off with a stern lecture

Todd4State
12-20-2017, 06:32 PM
I saw all I needed to see in regards to callaway football in the playoffs...that unfortunately included Heath. But I do know that several shark fans that are "in the know" were pretty confident that heath was signing with them today.

FYI: David sanders is the head basketball coach there. He was part of the provine posse that went to ole miss together

I always thought he looked like a rat.

Todd4State
12-20-2017, 06:34 PM

It's past time that we stood up for ourselves. All it takes is us flipping one of theirs in February or next year. Dan rarely did that.

confucius say
12-20-2017, 08:21 PM

Let me take half a signing class from us, ten starters/contributors, and no bowls the next two years. Then see if you tell me it's no big deal.

Political Hack
12-20-2017, 08:35 PM
Let me take half a signing class from us, ten starters/contributors, and no bowls the next two years. Then see if you tell me it's no big deal.

That sounds awful. Let’s not do that.

Bully13
12-20-2017, 10:48 PM

I just laughed my ass off. gracias senior. "throwing the beer can" did me in.

maroonmania
12-21-2017, 08:34 PM
So just trying to understand the JW situation. Do we think the flip had been pre-orchestrated for a long time or a recent development?

Political Hack
12-21-2017, 09:09 PM
So just trying to understand the JW situation. Do we think the flip had been pre-orchestrated for a long time or a recent development?

I think they had planned it for a while, but we dropped the ball a little on him the last day or so and gave them the chance to get back in it. Just glad nothing crazy happened with Heath.

maroonmania
12-21-2017, 09:34 PM
I think they had planned it for a while, but we dropped the ball a little on him the last day or so and gave them the chance to get back in it. Just glad nothing crazy happened with Heath.

Well as usual OM always does their absolute best recruiting during the dead period.

Spiderman
12-21-2017, 10:20 PM
Well as usual OM always does their absolute best recruiting during the dead period.

Yes they do. That's when the "shadow" staff is put on the road recruiting.

msbulldog
12-22-2017, 08:57 AM
If we have to cheat, leave me out.

fishwater99
12-22-2017, 09:22 AM

Bag Man with $$$ shows up. Momma gets a new job, furniture and car...

Political Hack
12-22-2017, 10:05 AM
If we have to cheat, leave me out.

Might be want to quit watching college football. If it makes you feel any better, to borrow spider’s analogy, most teams are just driving 72 in a 65.

Maroonthirteen
12-22-2017, 10:28 AM
There was an article in The Clarion-Ledger Wednesday about Williams flip (what a D...bag word, btw). It is amazing what a big deal this flip was to Bounds and now the CL. However I listened to Bounds podcast (Wednesday hour 2...I think), he had Sammon on the show. Sammon says the CL recruiting reporter said all along Williams commitment to MSU was weird. Williams didnt seem as excited or as talkative about his commitment as most recruits that she encounters.

So my question is did he have an OM offer the whole time? Read the article and if you believe Sammons comments, no reason the kid shouldn?t have decommitted and committed to OM much earlier.

basedog
12-22-2017, 10:36 AM
There was an article in The Clarion-Ledger Wednesday about Williams flip (what a D...bag word, btw). It is amazing what a big deal this flip was to Bounds and now the CL. However I listened to Bounds podcast (Wednesday hour 2...I think), he had Sammon on the show. Sammon says the CL recruiting reporter said all along Williams commitment to MSU was weird. Williams didnt seem as excited or as talkative about his commitment as most recruits that she encounters.

So my question is did he have an OM offer the whole time? Read the article and if you believe Sammons comments, no reason the kid shouldn?t have decommitted and committed to OM much earlier.

Word I'm hearing is our new staff isn't or wasn't as excited as the old staff about the kid, not saying we wouldn't have taken him but the writing was on the wall about OM.

Cooterpoot
12-22-2017, 10:46 AM
It was set up from nearly day one.

Bully13
12-22-2017, 10:58 AM
Might be want to quit watching college football. If it makes you feel any better, to borrow spider?s analogy, most teams are just driving 72 in a 65.

worked with a youngster here in N. Texas a few years back. played safety for a major college here in TX. Texas and OK had him on their radar till he blew out his knee his SR. season. for whatever reason (I forget why) he actually signed with a major school up in the north east. he changed his mind and they let him our of his LOI so he could come back to TX. he ended up having a damn good career and even ended up on a ESPN highlight reel one year laying the wood to a receiver who dared come across the middle on him. was granted the opportunity to tryout for the Cowboys but that didn't work out so he ended up in finance working next to me for a while. good Christian kid who always prayed prior to lunch when he and I would go out and eat during work. (something I forget to do sometimes and he embarrassingly reminded me of that the 1st time we went out to lunch).

at any rate, he had no reason to lie to me. good kid. but during college, he had a "job" that he never attended (or hardly ever) and got $5k per month for that "job". and what was funny, is that was the same "offer" ($5K) monthly was what the major N.E. school also offered prior to signing his original LOI.

He also said he was at a club one night with his buddies because a certain guy who he barely knew was going to be there throwing down. it was the Texas WR (name escapes me for now) who turned down 1st round money to come back his SR season. I'm sure some of you who are more NFL savvy than me know who I'm talking about but this guy was tossing $100 bills around like they were candy. buying lap dances for all his buddies and shit.

the point I'm making is that Hack is exactly right about college football. you can believe what you want, but I've seen enough to know what's up with this. and I'm not even an insider. I just listen and observe. Hell, when I was a loan officer in New Orleans, the title company I sent my bidness to was owned by a LSU guy. his account rep was the LSU player who knocked out our RB (on his way to the goal line) when JWS beat LSU on that play in starkville (I was at that game btw). dude told me about that play. (sorry guys, we got lucky on that call)

but the point is, he had no bidness being an account rep for that LSU attorney. nice guy, personable, but had dick for experience in the mortgage industry. it's just the way the shit works.

Like Hack says, if you think otherwise, your fooling yourself. and if you can't handle it, just stop watching if you want.

Tbonewannabe
12-22-2017, 11:06 AM
It was set up from nearly day one.

It wouldn't surprise me. I will give UM credit on their entire Network and program they run. They not only are buying players out from under us and other big time programs but they do it in a way that generates excitement in their fanbase and occasionally national exposure. The flip side is they also attack MSU and try to push us down so the primary school in MS is them.

If they get a good recruit to commit to MSU and then it pushes other recruits down our board. Then flip them at the last minute so now instead of plan B, we are working on plan D or E. Dan seemed to always get caught at the last minute and then settled for a recruit that would be going to Middle Tenn St or possibly USM. Part of that is to screw over our roster but it also has a psychological impact with our fanbase freaking out and of course the media pumping up UM and downgrading MSU for losing recruits at the last minute.

In the grand scheme of the Network, it seems like they are trying to mimic states like Tennessee and Georgia where everyone wants to go to UGA and then GA Tech settles for the scraps. They were building toward that if they could continue to buy top 5 classes. Mullen developing a good team, having a legend in maroon in Dak, and the NCAA investigation prevented UM from gaining more traction on this than what they wanted.

Bully13
12-22-2017, 11:11 AM
It wouldn't surprise me. I will give UM credit on their entire Network and program they run. They not only are buying players out from under us and other big time programs but they do it in a way that generates excitement in their fanbase and occasionally national exposure. The flip side is they also attack MSU and try to push us down so the primary school in MS is them.

If they get a good recruit to commit to MSU and then it pushes other recruits down our board. Then flip them at the last minute so now instead of plan B, we are working on plan D or E. Dan seemed to always get caught at the last minute and then settled for a recruit that would be going to Middle Tenn St or possibly USM. Part of that is to screw over our roster but it also has a psychological impact with our fanbase freaking out and of course the media pumping up UM and downgrading MSU for losing recruits at the last minute.

In the grand scheme of the Network, it seems like they are trying to mimic states like Tennessee and Georgia where everyone wants to go to UGA and then GA Tech settles for the scraps. They were building toward that if they could continue to buy top 5 classes. Mullen developing a good team, having a legend in maroon in Dak, and the NCAA investigation prevented UM from gaining more traction on this than what they wanted.

agree. and I hope JOMO catches on to this and reacts accordingly. and they wonder why we call them "SCUM".

Tbonewannabe
12-22-2017, 11:30 AM
agree. and I hope JOMO catches on to this and reacts accordingly. and they wonder why we call them "SCUM".

It seems like 3 things screwed their plans up. 1. We hired a competent Head Coach and he built a solid foundation of going to bowls. Our team is built on hard work and isn't just some flash in the pan. 2. They tried to buy too much too quick and it threw up all kind of red flags. If they had just bought lil Kim then it wouldn't have been as big of a deal. He at least had a brother on the team so there was some type of connection. 3. Dak elevated our team up to #1 and took away from their positive media spin. Any other previous QB in MSU history probably wins 7-8 games in 2014 and then UM is the talk of ESPN. Dak is going to be the face of our football program going forward and that has put a damper on the UM media spin machine.

We have to keep the momentum going with Coach Moorhead. We can't afford to take a step back especially since UM will probably open up the flood gates again after the light slap on the wrist. If Coach JoeMo can win 9 or so games and have Fitz in the Heisman race then we can take another step forward. I really hoped UM would get hammered hard enough that we could become the true Alpha dog in the state but it seems we are always fighting neck in neck. In reality, neither of us will get that far ahead unless UM goes completely crazy and does something that gets the Death Penalty and maybe kicked out of the SEC.

Bully13
12-22-2017, 11:41 AM
the tobacco money is still there and a shit load made it into their investigation.

Ari Gold
12-22-2017, 11:52 AM
Momma was not and is not happy with the out come of this.
This was done shady and in the final hours.
Of course OM will spin how ever they want it to sound.

ShotgunDawg
12-22-2017, 11:55 AM

Can she do anything about it?

As we talked about in the other thread though, these types of things say a whole lot more about the kid than they do about the school they flipped from.

Statistically, Williams just doomed his career to garbage & Ole Miss probably just took a problem off our hands no matter how talented he may be

Tbonewannabe
12-22-2017, 12:28 PM

The LOI has to be signed by one of the parents or a guardian correct?

MeridianDog
12-22-2017, 01:03 PM
Yes and according to the NCAA it?s legal

Might be legal for Oxford. History indicates they will throw the hammer right at our head should we try it. I would just as soon do it the right way and see how that works.

We still don't know what NCAA will do when they catch OM continuing to buy players after their wrist slap. One thing I knew from my youth. A wrist slap was usually followed by things I don't want to think about if I continued my bad behavior.

Spiderman
12-22-2017, 02:04 PM
the tobacco money is still there and a shit load made it into their investigation.

I've said all along the the Culture of Corruption had no problem buying a judge , you think they blink twice at paying an 18yr old to play football?

I mean Brett Micheal's was in the in home with Corral. I didn't see pics of him there when Mullen, the coach he was committed to at the time, was there. Rent a celebrity, probably.

And that white BMW convertable Luke and Longo drove to his house, wonder if it will be on the campus this spring?

Cooterpoot
12-22-2017, 02:40 PM
People scared to do what the rest of the conference is doing better be happy with 7 wins a year.

Tbonewannabe
12-22-2017, 02:44 PM
I've said all along the the Culture of Corruption had no problem buying a judge , you think they blink twice at paying an 18yr old to play football?

I mean Brett Micheal's was in the in home with Corral. I didn't see pics of him there when Mullen, the coach he was committed to at the time, was there. Rent a celebrity, probably.

And that white BMW convertable Luke and Longo drove to his house, wonder if it will be on the campus this spring?

There is some kind of big time Entertainment lawyer or PR guy who is a big UM supporter. He is the person that gets all the celebrities to start the Hotty Toddy cheer before football games. I don't know why a 18 year old kid would care if Brett Micheal's came with him though. It would be different if it was a hot chick but that was probably after the coach left, passing in the driveway. Luke probably just met the "lady for the evening" in the parking lot and made the payment. The chick probably was their closer because who would listen to Luke about your future.

Really Clark?
12-22-2017, 02:59 PM
People scared to do what the rest of the conference is doing better be happy with 7 wins a year.

We are averaging more than per year doing what we have been for the last 8 years. 8.25 wins for the last 4 years.

Spiderman
12-22-2017, 11:19 PM
There is some kind of big time Entertainment lawyer or PR guy who is a big UM supporter. He is the person that gets all the celebrities to start the Hotty Toddy cheer before football games. I don't know why a 18 year old kid would care if Brett Micheal's came with him though. It would be different if it was a hot chick but that was probably after the coach left, passing in the driveway. Luke probably just met the "lady for the evening" in the parking lot and made the payment. The chick probably was their closer because who would listen to Luke about your future.

The kid was maybe a Poison fan. Who knows?

But you would think if Bret was gonna be there for an in home as a friend of the family, (which there has never been one article saying he was), who would he be there for?

Dak, Smith, Tebow, and Newton's former coach, or Matt F'ing Luke who he had never heard of?

scottycameron
12-24-2017, 01:19 PM
worked with a youngster here in N. Texas a few years back. played safety for a major college here in TX. Texas and OK had him on their radar till he blew out his knee his SR. season. for whatever reason (I forget why) he actually signed with a major school up in the north east. he changed his mind and they let him our of his LOI so he could come back to TX. he ended up having a damn good career and even ended up on a ESPN highlight reel one year laying the wood to a receiver who dared come across the middle on him. was granted the opportunity to tryout for the Cowboys but that didn't work out so he ended up in finance working next to me for a while. good Christian kid who always prayed prior to lunch when he and I would go out and eat during work. (something I forget to do sometimes and he embarrassingly reminded me of that the 1st time we went out to lunch).

at any rate, he had no reason to lie to me. good kid. but during college, he had a "job" that he never attended (or hardly ever) and got $5k per month for that "job". and what was funny, is that was the same "offer" ($5K) monthly was what the major N.E. school also offered prior to signing his original LOI.

He also said he was at a club one night with his buddies because a certain guy who he barely knew was going to be there throwing down. it was the Texas WR (name escapes me for now) who turned down 1st round money to come back his SR season. I'm sure some of you who are more NFL savvy than me know who I'm talking about but this guy was tossing $100 bills around like they were candy. buying lap dances for all his buddies and shit.

the point I'm making is that Hack is exactly right about college football. you can believe what you want, but I've seen enough to know what's up with this. and I'm not even an insider. I just listen and observe. Hell, when I was a loan officer in New Orleans, the title company I sent my bidness to was owned by a LSU guy. his account rep was the LSU player who knocked out our RB (on his way to the goal line) when JWS beat LSU on that play in starkville (I was at that game btw). dude told me about that play. (sorry guys, we got lucky on that call)

but the point is, he had no bidness being an account rep for that LSU attorney. nice guy, personable, but had dick for experience in the mortgage industry. it's just the way the shit works.

Like Hack says, if you think otherwise, your fooling yourself. and if you can't handle it, just stop watching if you want.

So this guy is on the take for 5k/month, going to strip clubs, and prays before he eats lunch everyday? Lol.

scottycameron
12-24-2017, 01:22 PM

Don?t throw shade on Brett, he was a pretty hot chick himself back in the day.

msbulldog
12-25-2017, 10:29 AM

So you are okay with institutional cheating? What does that say about you as a person?

ShotgunDawg
12-25-2017, 10:36 AM
So you are okay with institutional cheating? What does that say about you as a person?

What does it say about you since you are ok driving 5-10 mph over the speed limit everyday?

msbulldog
12-25-2017, 10:40 AM
Might be legal for Oxford. History indicates they will throw the hammer right at our head should we try it. I would just as soon do it the right way and see how that works.

We still don't know what NCAA will do when they catch OM continuing to buy players after their wrist slap. One thing I knew from my youth. A wrist slap was usually followed by things I don't want to think about if I continued my bad behavior.

I saw a lot of things happen under the regime of the Kang, involving people that I know. It was wrong then and we paid the price. It is wrong now and I don't want any part of it. Don't come back at me with this "give up watching college football BULLSHIT'. I support my Alma Mater and those that say we should be cheaters do not have the best interest of Mississippi State in their heart.
Meridian Dog, I agree with you. +1 Rep Given!

msbulldog
12-25-2017, 11:57 AM
What does it say about you since you are ok driving 5-10 mph over the speed limit everyday?

t always ending up costing me.
Just like the Will Redmond affair, nothing to it, not much, but we lost the services of a very good player for a season and half , and we are still under the repeat offender status until June.
Please don't tell me that getting caught cheating does't cost you! People say Mississippi got off with a slap on the hand, well just look at their 2017 & 2018 recruiting classes. Those classes will set them back for years.
Do we want as PROUD MSU Alums want the same publicity that Mississippi has endured through their ordeal? I think not!
Just how I feel about it. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ShotgunDawg again.

ShotgunDawg
12-25-2017, 12:16 PM
t always ending up costing me.
Just like the Will Redmond affair, nothing to it, not much, but we lost the services of a very good player for a season and half , and we are still under the repeat offender status until June.
Please don't tell me that getting caught cheating does't cost you! People say Mississippi got off with a slap on the hand, well just look at their 2017 & 2018 recruiting classes. Those classes will set them back for years.
Do we want as PROUD MSU Alums want the same publicity that Mississippi has endured through their ordeal? I think not!
Just how I feel about it. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ShotgunDawg again.

Fair enough.

I don’t believe in cheating, but I also believe that MSU must do what’s necessary to protect itself and to do that requires a leveling of the playing field.

I just don’t want money to matter in recruiting, but, if another school is paying and we are not, that makes money matter.

There is a major difference imo between buying players and just canceling out those that are trying to buy players by leveling the playing field.

ckDOG
12-25-2017, 12:41 PM
I?m more concerned about the speed limit being 70 but our recruiting budget placing a governor at 65. Do we even have the resources and strategies in place to keep up as competitive as possible before ?speeding? even comes into question?

msbulldog
12-25-2017, 01:54 PM
Fair enough.

I don’t believe in cheating, but I also believe that MSU must do what’s necessary to protect itself and to do that requires a leveling of the playing field.

I just don’t want money to matter in recruiting, but, if another school is paying and we are not, that makes money matter.

There is a major difference imo between buying players and just canceling out those that are trying to buy players by leveling the playing field.

Merry Christmas Dawg! Love them Dawgs. Hail State!

Maroonthirteen
12-25-2017, 02:41 PM
I?m more concerned about the speed limit being 70 but our recruiting budget placing a governor at 65. Do we even have the resources and strategies in place to keep up as competitive as possible before ?speeding? even comes into question?

I?m not advocating ?cheating? but I?m talking about things like stalking recruits through social with sometimes real and sometimes catfish accounts...

But my analogy of recruiting in MS is the revolutionary war. State has American money and employing the British strategy of standing in the open using linear battle tactics. OM has British funds but using the American gorilla tactics. The rest of the sec is neutral countries asking kids why they want to remain in a war torn country.