PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy the morning fellas

Coach34
12-19-2017, 09:53 PM
should be the best group of WR's to sign with us in awhile. Great news for a team with basically 5 OL starters returning and a stable of RB's.

All Hail Early Signing Day 2017!!!

msstate7
12-19-2017, 10:01 PM
Sounds good

BHildreth3
12-19-2017, 11:21 PM
I want to go ahead and say Thank you for what a job Brad Peterson, Pat Austin, Rod Gibson and the rest of the recruiting staff did this year! Wow they really helped apply the glue to this entire class. What a great job and I'm sure Coach Moorhead was impressed with their work. #HailState

Ari Gold
12-19-2017, 11:35 PM
I want to go ahead and say Thank you for what a job Brad Peterson, Pat Austin, Rod Gibson and the rest of the recruiting staff did this year! Wow they really helped apply the glue to this entire class. What a great job and I'm sure Coach Moorhead was impressed with their work. #HailState

Absolutely..

ShotgunDawg
12-19-2017, 11:40 PM

I?ll wait till the morning the throw around congratulations.

If Mason and Lovett don?t sign and/or Carvin goes elsewhere, it will be disappointing.

No doubt those guys have stepped up but I want to see signatures before I count my chickens.

preachermatt83
12-19-2017, 11:58 PM

If Mason and Lovett don?t sign and/or Carvin goes elsewhere, it will be disappointing.

No doubt those guys have stepped up but I want to see signatures before I count my chickens.

If we keep Lovett and add Either Carvin or whop it will be a good class regardless of what mason does. I'd like to land Carvin and whop but 1 for 2 ain't bad.

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2017, 12:05 AM
If we keep Lovett and add Either Carvin or whop it will be a good class regardless of what mason does. I'd like to land Carvin and whop but 1 for 2 ain't bad.

Eh. If we were competing in Big 12 I’d agree, but we need both. I’ll be happy by the end of the day, but if we don’t land Carvin, it’ll be disappointing for a while

msbulldog
12-20-2017, 06:43 AM
should be the best group of WR's to sign with us in awhile. Great news for a team with basically 5 OL starters returning and a stable of RB's.

All Hail Early Signing Day 2017!!!

Thanks Coach, Hail State!

99jc
12-20-2017, 07:13 AM

Nm

Dawgology
12-20-2017, 08:22 AM
We need mother****ing wide receivers and that's what we are getting in this class. That is THE top priority as it should be. We sign those WR's and we are good. Anything else is icing.

msstate7
12-20-2017, 08:26 AM
We need mother****ing wide receivers and that's what we are getting in this class. That is THE top priority as it should be. We sign those WR's and we are good. Anything else is icing.

We need CBs too though... this is my only concern with this class.

Dawgology
12-20-2017, 08:29 AM

Agreed....but I won't wring my hands over it too much. We have a stacked defense with a lot of talent in the secondary that either a) they were all over-rated or b) they were undercoached. Now, I have a problem thinking that they were all over over-rated which means to me that it may have been coaching. Even with that though we had a very successful defense this year for the most part.

What we don't have is WR's. It's bad. With Mojo's offense we have to have quality WR's or we may as welljust hope for 6 wins. I was very concerned about that so it's great seeing our new staff focusing on those players.

Bully13
12-20-2017, 08:33 AM
I wanna us turn the corner on the OL front. I understand the WR immediate need due to OL returnees but damn.

MetEdDawg
12-20-2017, 08:39 AM
Gardner already in the boat. Sent letter in early this morning. No shocker there.

Johnson85
12-20-2017, 08:44 AM

We need ol too. Can't afford to follow up last year's showings with a small OL class.

FISHDAWG
12-20-2017, 08:49 AM

nothing wrong with applauding the EFFORT regardless of who doesn't sign - these guys did a great job at keeping these recruits close - and after a coaching change .... they get my respect - well done guys and thanks ... HAILSTATE

I seen it dawg
12-20-2017, 08:54 AM
Lovett and Mason aren’t signing anywhere right now. Carvin to State

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2017, 09:02 AM
Lovett and Mason aren’t signing anywhere right now. Carvin to State

I’ll take this.

Carvin the rarest commodity of the group. Keep 1 of Lovett and Mason

Hugh's Hooker
12-20-2017, 09:18 AM
Did we know james williams was flipping to Ole Miss? I don't really follow recruiting and an Ole Miss shitbird is texting me about him

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2017, 09:19 AM
Carvin to Tennessee per Barton Simmons

Horrible day thus far

I seen it dawg
12-20-2017, 09:19 AM
Total surprise.

Hugh's Hooker
12-20-2017, 09:22 AM
wow so much for our new coaches being able to hold the class together

BulldogDX55
12-20-2017, 09:24 AM

Nice regdate, post count, name, and attitude. You won't last long.

maroonmania
12-20-2017, 09:26 AM
So are we looking at being down to one HS OL again this year? Horrible.

Hugh's Hooker
12-20-2017, 09:31 AM
Nice regdate, post count, name, and attitude. You won't last long.

Thanks man! God forbid somebody join this site recently and post.

Irondawg
12-20-2017, 09:35 AM
Why in Carvin a shocker...once I saw that tool byron was involved and pushing TN, I pretty much gave up hope on him.

Cooterpoot
12-20-2017, 09:40 AM

Yeah, this guy is a troll

Cooterpoot
12-20-2017, 09:42 AM
Carvin gone.
James Williams gone.
Mason about to be gone.
Lovett likely gone.

GreenheadDawg
12-20-2017, 09:46 AM
Same song and dance. Same ole shit every recruiting season

msstate7
12-20-2017, 09:51 AM
Carvin gone.
James Williams gone.
Mason about to be gone.
Lovett likely gone.

Nice close. Moorhead better figure it out quickly with best miss class in years next season

Maroonthirteen
12-20-2017, 09:54 AM
Why in Carvin a shocker...once I saw that tool byron was involved and pushing TN, I pretty much gave up hope on him.

Now I agree here. Memphis is a UT/OM/UofMem town during football seeason. State just simply doesn?t have much presence here. I knew a premium player for a tough to fill position.... UT would be all in. I don?t fault the coaching staff on this one.

HoopsDawg
12-20-2017, 10:02 AM
Carvin gone.
James Williams gone.
Mason about to be gone.
Lovett likely gone.

Yeah, I'm not enjoying the morning.

Coach34
12-20-2017, 10:24 AM
When Devinner climbed in- I gave up on Carvin as well. No surprise there

Westdawg
12-20-2017, 10:34 AM
where is everyone thinking that Mason would flip to? Auburn??

HoopsDawg
12-20-2017, 10:52 AM

Arkansas.

Commercecomet24
12-20-2017, 10:54 AM

Arky

msstate7
12-20-2017, 11:01 AM
Arkansas.

Morris has given up 45, 36, and 35 ppg defensively at smu. Sirmon gave up 31 here. No way I would sign with Morris as a defender

Coach34
12-20-2017, 11:33 AM
Morris has given up 45, 36, and 35 ppg defensively at smu. Sirmon gave up 31 here. No way I would sign with Morris as a defender

3/4 of recruits have no idea about all that

bulldawg28
12-20-2017, 11:54 AM
The guys that want to be here and come are the guys I want. Anything else is wasted emotion.

BuckyIsAB****
12-20-2017, 12:45 PM
It would suck to lose Lovett. He's a good player, showed it during the MS/AL game. Hoped we'd get Carvin but our track record and Devinner made me believe thats all it ever was was hope.

maroonmania
12-20-2017, 12:59 PM
It would suck to lose Lovett. He's a good player, showed it during the MS/AL game. Hoped we'd get Carvin but our track record and Devinner made me believe thats all it ever was was hope.

Memphis is and I guess will remain the absolute WORST place to recruit football players. Just a sleazy, slimy environment and always has been. We rarely get players out of there that other big programs want and the last time we did (Redmond) we got probation out of it.

BuckyIsAB****
12-20-2017, 01:03 PM
Memphis is and I guess will remain the absolute WORST place to recruit football players. Just a sleazy, slimy environment and always has been. We rarely get players out of there that other big programs want and the last time we did (Redmond) we got probation out of it.

We've done reasonably well with kids from Olive Branch but yeah I agree. Gonna be even harder now with Memphis on the rise, they signed a good player from Yazoo County today