PDA

View Full Version : Collegiate baseball releases their preseason poll. Diamond Dogs check in at no. 13.

Saltydog
12-19-2017, 05:46 PM
Honestly, that's pretty lofty and to high. We'll be MUCH improved on the hill but I don't see this team scoring many runs. We've got major holes to fill.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-19-2017, 05:59 PM
I mean, every top 20 team loses a bunch of their production. It may seem bad because you're familiar with our roster but I don't think what we lost on O is all that unusual. Loosing Rooker and Gridley is nothing compared what we lost the year before, even just from an offensive standpoint

Todd4State
12-19-2017, 06:33 PM
We'll be better than a lot of our fans think- again.

Dildoes
12-19-2017, 08:46 PM
It’s hard to imagine losing a Triple Crown winner and having our offense improve, but we’ve got talent everywhere. Just need one or two bats to step up in the power department and we’ll have a solid club all around.

Coach34
12-19-2017, 08:48 PM
Our pitching is going to be filthy. Thats why we are ranked that high

Todd4State
12-19-2017, 09:00 PM
It’s hard to imagine losing a Triple Crown winner and having our offense improve, but we’ve got talent everywhere. Just need one or two bats to step up in the power department and we’ll have a solid club all around.

No, we won't replace Rooker. But we have a lot of veterans who will improve like Mangum, LA, Stovall, MacNamee, Vansau, and Cann has been really high on Tanner Poole. I think Tanner Allen is going to come in and be a good player for us right away as well.

And as far as our pitching goes we have a first round pick ace in Pilkington, Ethan Small has suprised and probably gets a weekend spot and then we have two seniors including one who was Tulane's ace and a guy that has won some big games for us in France and Billingsley respectively. Our bullpen should be solid with Price, Blake Smith, Cole Gordon and Jared Liebelt. We'll see how Riley Self looks- he had shoulder surgery but should be back for the start of the year. Denver McQuary had some nice moments for us last year as well and I would imagine he will pitch some for us also.

The Federalist Engineer
12-20-2017, 02:55 AM
Honestly, that's pretty lofty and to high. We'll be MUCH improved on the hill but I don't see this team scoring many runs. We've got major holes to fill.

Everybody has holes to fill, MLB takes away 98% of all contributing juniors from the good programs. This poll basically says the SEC will be super, crazy competitive if Auburn and OM are not ranked - they have some proven shutdown pitching

Bully13
12-20-2017, 08:49 AM
My gut tells me 2 or 3 guys turn the corner at the plate thru development and maturity. Too many solid h.s. resumes on the roster to not have a few blow up finally.